Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 377564 times)

mikevsleftlightningtat and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RoughStylin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #2250 on: December 21, 2023, 10:12:18 PM »
Shoutout to Croberts for getting into his work on the peanut butter whiskey on the latest live show. He gave it a good ol rip and tear and ended up hysterical while overlaying the Cats musical over Miles’ latest Thrasher part. Tremendous stuff. Sober Roberts never, whiskey Roberts always.

CrappybsflipDownthe5stair

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2251 on: December 22, 2023, 05:06:20 AM »
Buzzed nine club was pretty damn funny

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 182
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #2252 on: December 22, 2023, 05:07:49 AM »
can someone post the video from portland where sebo had that perfect last part. I think it's from early 23 or 22
check my music

Coldpizza

• Rep: 181
« Reply #2253 on: December 22, 2023, 05:44:52 AM »
can someone post the video from portland where sebo had that perfect last part. I think it's from early 23 or 22

Great video.

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/trash/cal-s-pharmacy-s-land-video/
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2254 on: December 22, 2023, 08:23:26 AM »
i think they should just bring the screwball out for every nine club. chris is actually a lot more enjoyable to listen to, maybe don’t have him drink quite as much but a nice drink or two for a 3 hour long episode certainly wouldn’t hurt & would most likely make the episodes more fun. totally unhealthy and biased opinion, i’m sure some of you would agree though.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
« Reply #2255 on: December 22, 2023, 09:31:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Great video.

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/trash/cal-s-pharmacy-s-land-video/

just saw his IG and noticed he's got on NB#  , wonder why he never got past flow on adidas ?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

CrappybsflipDownthe5stair

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2256 on: December 22, 2023, 12:58:53 PM »
https://youtu.be/Urg9OF8Qy9Q?si=QrChviFBD342-UBj

Pretty chill little vid. Looks like a fun sesh.

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 106
« Reply #2257 on: December 25, 2023, 09:57:31 AM »

Willy Santos was one of my faves growing up.
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -515
« Reply #2258 on: December 25, 2023, 02:32:00 PM »
Shoutout to Croberts for getting into his work on the peanut butter whiskey on the latest live show. He gave it a good ol rip and tear and ended up hysterical while overlaying the Cats musical over Miles’ latest Thrasher part. Tremendous stuff. Sober Roberts never, whiskey Roberts always.

Crob drinking on the show now ? Honestly it would make the show so much better if he just started treating like day drinking with the boys . Peanut butter whiskey is disgusting though. All flavored whiskeys are awful but I’m not deny how much fireball I’ve drank over the years.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #2259 on: December 26, 2023, 06:28:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Father in law brought me peach Jim beam for the holiday and holy shit it just tastes like chemicals

Crob drinking on the show now ? Honestly it would make the show so much better if he just started treating like day drinking with the boys . Peanut butter whiskey is disgusting though. All flavored whiskeys are awful but I’m not deny how much fireball I’ve drank over the years.

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Banned from the room

« Reply #2260 on: December 26, 2023, 07:27:13 AM »
Expand Quote
I low-key wish Rogers had a second smaller show.

Some people might be intimidated by Chris and especially Kelly.

I'd be intimidated to talk to Kelly for sure.

I feel bad that Kelly never got his flowers because it was so hard to work in bloated flaccid industry.

If he was 10 years older we'd all be thinking about him differently.

His style is incredible. Fakie tre fakie Manny was the best trick to ever happen on the stage imo.

Why'd they film it on a free Obama phone tho?
[close]

Kelly is and always will be one of my favorites, but let's be honest. Expedition one on a team with Kenny Hoyle, Spencer Hamilton, etc. He would get overlooked again if it were all to happen over

I always liked his style though, dude is amazing on a board. I guess all that was just to say you're right hah

Way too many people on industry in general.

Kelly's style should be immortal. Like Kader is.

When Kelly lands in a fakie Manny there's nothing finesse or dainty about it.

That mofo is manhandling that shit and putting it down two wheeler with authority.

Crobs like the opposite. It's like Chris is Elfin with hollow bird bones. Some ILL ballet shit.

I've been trying to be more like that.

This girl who I taught a trick to once. Fakie 360 on the wall of the bowl.
She told me I looked like a ballerina.

I was so stoked on that.

I wanna be like Barbie now and not like Mike V.

Soft smooth style

Banned from the room

« Reply #2261 on: December 26, 2023, 07:45:09 AM »
I still don't understand why I'm shadow banned.

I did nothing.
Tim banned me for writing SHALOM and promoting Venture USA trucks. I remember the exact moment because I watch on the tv and chat on the phone.

It's foul.

Fuckin Chris rubbed it in by saying. Those guy don't even know their banned. They (typing gesture/keybloard noice) away and they don't even know.

To green room Who Wants to be A millionaire with Mike Mo.

Banned from there for saying Phone PJ as him where's the Taj mahal.

I saw the reaction. They thought I was being a jerk but it was a fuckin joke and a hint. I knew that the game calling was impossible.

The PJ Who Wants to be A millionaire joke was harmless.

Phone PJ to ask where the Taj mahal is was a HINT!

Those Guys hurted my feelings. I'll never get over it

TheDingus

« Reply #2262 on: December 26, 2023, 08:07:15 AM »
Wonder if those guys are butthurt that heath went on hawks pod before theirs

InkkeACAB

• Rep: 23
« Reply #2263 on: December 26, 2023, 08:22:16 AM »
the show is so much more entertaining when they get a drink

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #2264 on: December 26, 2023, 08:34:22 AM »

I think Koston as well. 

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -39
« Reply #2265 on: December 27, 2023, 06:11:47 AM »
Pretty impressed with the studio set up. I’ll be messaging Crob next time my printer won’t work.

https://youtu.be/cHxvuVYCLKA?si=hGJSCGNxcY22lmzU

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #2266 on: December 27, 2023, 07:52:06 AM »
Facts, that is a heavy set-up. But the guy has already proven he's very smart with this stuff.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Get bent
« Reply #2267 on: December 27, 2023, 09:01:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think Koston as well.

My co worker had a pretty good point on this, you think Hawk is maybe giving away some kind of financial compensation to be a guest on his show? Well I mean it’s also Tony hawks podcast I bet the publicity alone is worth the interview process, I wouldn’t be surprised if the hawk man gave them some kind of perk to be on his show, shit I’d much rather expand my brand by going on the hawk pod rather than the milquetoast club
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

djoekr

• Rep: 329
« Reply #2268 on: December 27, 2023, 05:04:54 PM »
Why did they change the title of that new video on Crobs personal channel? It used to be something like 'Letitia Bufoni took a WILD ride (on my f*t f*cking c*ck)'.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

steele

• Rep: 32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2269 on: December 27, 2023, 11:36:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I think Koston as well.
[close]

My co worker had a pretty good point on this, you think Hawk is maybe giving away some kind of financial compensation to be a guest on his show? Well I mean it’s also Tony hawks podcast I bet the publicity alone is worth the interview process, I wouldn’t be surprised if the hawk man gave them some kind of perk to be on his show, shit I’d much rather expand my brand by going on the hawk pod rather than the milquetoast club

Tony Hawk text message > Kelly Hart DM

larryferrari

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2270 on: December 28, 2023, 04:06:54 AM »

I feel bad that Kelly never got his flowers because it was so hard to work in bloated flaccid industry.

His style is incredible. Fakie tre fakie Manny was the best trick to ever happen on the stage imo.

Agree; and it's sad that went this way for him.

I was once skating in my local spot and half of expedition team showed up; I heard them joking about the fact that Kelly would never be pro for Exp. (It was around the time when Hoyle turned pro for them)

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Get bent
« Reply #2271 on: December 28, 2023, 06:10:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was once skating in my local spot and half of expedition team showed up; I heard them joking about the fact that Kelly would never be pro for Exp. (It was around the time when Hoyle turned pro for them)

Damn….didnt they turn Spenny pro before him as well? Or was that after he quit? Anyways Kelly was sick, maybe it was his personality that kinda kept him from setting himself apart from everyone else
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #2272 on: December 28, 2023, 07:43:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Damn….didnt they turn Spenny pro before him as well? Or was that after he quit? Anyways Kelly was sick, maybe it was his personality that kinda kept him from setting himself apart from everyone else

The Bunt did a great job of mildly confronting Kelly on him not pushing himself more during his career. He took it well and I agree with them. He definitely coasted because he could.
I wondered for a long time why he kept getting passed over, but the lack of hype and coverage was there.. Hamilton & Hoyle were really going for it at the time, hence pro status.

TheWineClub

• Rep: 47
« Reply #2273 on: December 28, 2023, 07:44:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

The Bunt did a great job of mildly confronting Kelly on him not pushing himself more during his career. He took it well and I agree with them. He definitely coasted because he could.
I wondered for a long time why he kept getting passed over, but the lack of hype and coverage was there.. Hamilton & Hoyle were really going for it at the time, hence pro status.

Gershing!?

Banned from the room

« Reply #2274 on: December 28, 2023, 08:08:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oof. What a mistake

Monolithic Flick

• Rep: 13
« Reply #2275 on: December 28, 2023, 08:49:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I think Koston as well.
[close]

I get the impression a lot of skaters don’t like talking about themselves all that much.  They don’t have to worry as much on Hawk’s podcast because it generally sticks to 60 minutes and 45 of those are Jason Ellis talking about himself.

Banned from the room

« Reply #2276 on: December 28, 2023, 09:07:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I think Koston as well.
[close]

[close]

I get the impression a lot of skaters don’t like talking about themselves all that much.  They don’t have to worry as much on Hawk’s podcast because it generally sticks to 60 minutes and 45 of those are Jason Ellis talking about himself.

I'd definitely talk to Tony and Ellis if I was pro interviewing.
Even if the interview goes poorly I feel like I could unlock a million accidental show ideas in less than 45 minutes.

I'd really like to meet Ellis too. He's kinda fuckin awesome. I feel like my dad went to Australia and had a 3rd kid in secret.

With a 7' tall woman tho.

Monolithic Flick

• Rep: 13
« Reply #2277 on: December 29, 2023, 09:36:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I think Koston as well.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Even if the interview goes poorly I feel like I could unlock a million accidental show ideas in less than 45 minutes.

I'd really like to meet Ellis too. He's kinda fuckin awesome. I feel like my dad went to Australia and had a 3rd kid in secret.

When they don't have a guest  I actually like Ellis shooting the shit with Tony when it is just the two of them.  My problem with him is he's an absolutely terrible interviewer.  On re-listen of the Kirchart interview though I have may been too harsh.  Heath didn't seem to want to talk at all, period, so I guess the dead air had to be filled.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 877
« Reply #2278 on: December 29, 2023, 09:51:39 AM »
Heath interview was one of the better ones b/c of Heath's inability to celebrate himself. He really forces Tony and Ellis to come up with some shit. Was awkward and good.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #2279 on: December 29, 2023, 10:08:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I think Koston as well.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

When they don't have a guest  I actually like Ellis shooting the shit with Tony when it is just the two of them.  My problem with him is he's an absolutely terrible interviewer.  On re-listen of the Kirchart interview though I have may been too harsh.  Heath didn't seem to want to talk at all, period, so I guess the dead air had to be filled.

I've never watched the show but I saw a clip on Youtube when Josh Brolin was on and Ellis was trying to ask a question but couldn't articulate really anything that made any sense at all and Brolin just had to cut him off and start talking where he left off