Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367043 times)

Ty Evans Lightman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -37
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #2730 on: March 17, 2024, 11:44:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Good points.

Crob has his spin off YouTube videos which are alright.

Quick 15 minute segments with Skateshops would work really well.
[close]
A skaters in cars looking at spots type show would actually probably net them views.

Nieratko did this for Vans I think?

I love Jeron’s Budget or Buttery just because it can be so random and Jeron doesn’t really get too wispy washy with his opinions which is cool.

When Shane Heyl was on recently, he was tripping at the concept.

It feels like we’re is a period where people focus more on the non skating content due to there being so much actual skating to watch. There are tons of different concept pieces out there and TNC are is a pretty good position to market a few of their own.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #2731 on: March 17, 2024, 11:51:49 AM »
Good points.

As someone who doesn’t care for the Nine Club much, I really enjoyed a segment where Crob went to Subsect Skateshop in Iowa and gave them a feature and skated the park upstairs. He also landed me as a viewer with the Heath Kirchart title/thumbnail or else I probably wouldn’t have watched it.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2732 on: March 17, 2024, 11:19:46 PM »
To be honest, the chico episode is so much better because they all rode on teams together so know oneanother well so there's less rambling and interrupting.

Who left on Chocolate hasn’t been interviewed yet that is from that era? Scott Johnston, Paulo Diaz, Ben Sanchez….?

Chico épisode is pretty damn good.
The Chico/crail break up talk is real. Even the Kelly/chico bit. No spoilers.

Just saw on Heckrides IG story the snippet of Kelly and Chico about him going back to Expedition. That’s some real shit. Can’t wait to hear the interview.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 02:23:58 AM by Fongstarr. »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

left knee cap

• Rep: 117
  • $$$$
« Reply #2733 on: March 18, 2024, 10:00:24 AM »
the Crail discussion was heavy. definitely worth the listen

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #2734 on: March 18, 2024, 10:24:19 AM »

Chico épisode is pretty damn good.
The Chico/crail break up talk is real. Even the Kelly/chico bit. No spoilers.

Just saw on Heckrides IG story the snippet of Kelly and Chico about him going back to Expedition. That’s some real shit. Can’t wait to hear the interview.
[/quote]

Instantly made me think of a certain Pals sig.

manuduncan

• Rep: 28
« Reply #2735 on: March 18, 2024, 11:13:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Good points.

[close]

His spin off is a good starting point on that idea but so far it’s just crob skating the same westside spots. I’d love to see crob go to nyc and see the spots he says he could do tricks on . Or like a valley retrospective with jeron and oc spots with Kelly . A skaters in cars looking at spots type show would actually probably net them views.

Doesn’t village psychic do this with lurker lou, I’ve seen those eps with suciu and Aaron Herrington and theirs is even better because they get out of the car to actually skate the spots they’re talking about, which is something I can’t really see 9club crew doing

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #2736 on: March 18, 2024, 11:33:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Good points.

[close]

His spin off is a good starting point on that idea but so far it’s just crob skating the same westside spots. I’d love to see crob go to nyc and see the spots he says he could do tricks on . Or like a valley retrospective with jeron and oc spots with Kelly . A skaters in cars looking at spots type show would actually probably net them views.
[close]

Doesn’t village psychic do this with lurker lou, I’ve seen those eps with suciu and Aaron Herrington and theirs is even better because they get out of the car to actually skate the spots they’re talking about, which is something I can’t really see 9club crew doing

wish these came out more

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #2737 on: March 18, 2024, 12:12:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Good points.

[close]

[close]

[close]

wish these came out more

That series is great. Both those eps were incredible. I believe I saw VP post a story that a new ep with Matt Militano was filmed, but Patreon exclusive for now.

Dusty

• Rep: -9
« Reply #2738 on: March 18, 2024, 02:05:04 PM »
Props to Chico. He kept it real without being dramatic about it. Just told the truth. He’s very funny too

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #2739 on: March 18, 2024, 02:45:47 PM »
Yeah, the Chico episode is hella good. This is one of those rare episodes of Nine Club I watched in one sitting without a pause.
IG: @flowterspace

score

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2740 on: March 18, 2024, 05:16:32 PM »
Great episode, watched from start to finish. Always enjoyed Chico's skating, way more of a fan after this episode. Man speaks the truth, and is hella funny as previously mentioned.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 12:47:53 PM by score »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2741 on: March 18, 2024, 05:24:09 PM »
They chat about the Staba Punch?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1084
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #2742 on: March 18, 2024, 05:34:25 PM »
No talk of Staba punch.
One of the best episodes they’ve done.
Highly respect Chico even more than before watching.
The moment with Kelly and Chico
Talking about Central was pretty real. I was wondering if that would come up.
Would have been really cool if Crail distributed Central and tried to do something with/for an og chocolate member.

Marv

• Rep: 101
« Reply #2743 on: March 18, 2024, 09:16:43 PM »
Chico episode is so good. Best Nine Club I’ve seen in awhile.

Banned from the room

« Reply #2744 on: March 18, 2024, 09:49:27 PM »
I love Chico but it's Ill timed with the distraction HAMMER on Chris's other channel.

They go to what I think might be the museum formerly known as skate lab. Chris tre flip (attempts) clay wheels to death. Pulls hamstring in the process.

How come he's got no partner? That mofo is way too cool to not have ass piled up to his earlobes. Or is he just super private?

He looks super clean and looks very organized. I would think that being clearly visible on the tv and being a famous nose grinder he'd be like on some super sex 24/7

Idk man. I think he's a very handsome young lad. I wonder if this is what people think about my last like 5 years of no public affection pard

ElonMuskaBeats

• Rep: -15
« Reply #2745 on: March 18, 2024, 09:52:06 PM »
I love Chico but it's Ill timed with the distraction HAMMER on Chris's other channel.

They go to what I think might be the museum formerly known as skate lab. Chris tre flip (attempts) clay wheels to death. Pulls hamstring in the process.

How come he's got no partner? That mofo is way too cool to not have ass piled up to his earlobes. Or is he just super private?

He looks super clean and looks very organized. I would think that being clearly visible on the tv and being a famous nose grinder he'd be like on some super sex 24/7

Idk man. I think he's a very handsome young lad

Some people don’t kiss and tell. But go ahead and shoot your shot. Or maybe spend some time in horny jail.

Banned from the room

« Reply #2746 on: March 18, 2024, 09:55:24 PM »
Expand Quote

Idk man. I think he's a very handsome young lad
[close]

Some people don’t kiss and tell. But go ahead and shoot your shot. Or maybe spend some time in horny jail.

Nah it's not like that. I imagine he's like a melon date. One you gotta like slow down for. Spend like 6 months working on his heart maybe

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #2747 on: March 18, 2024, 11:36:50 PM »
Chico episode was actually great, very enjoyable. The discussion re chocolate from chico was great, he’s clearly not afraid to speak his mind. Respectable, chico’s a real one. That said, the response from chris and jeron was borderline rude at times. They kept making up excuses for chico’s legitimate qualms with craig. Sure they’re not gonna say anything negative, but even a “that sucks man, i’m sorry that happened to you” would have been nice.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 12:09:40 AM by Candied cigarettes »

Can he read

« Reply #2748 on: March 19, 2024, 12:44:21 AM »

Idk man. I think he's a very handsome young lad. I wonder if this is what people think about my last like 5 years of no public affection pard

Man I just had to stop watching that shit halfway through. I wanted to hear more about the museum and everytime that dude who owns it started to talk Chris had to make some stupid joke and cut him off. Then he puts his board up on the wall next to a Keenan board and didn’t even say a word.

The whole “huge ego” shtick is getting super old. At this point I think he really means that shit. Hard to love someone else when you’re that in love with yourself I imagine.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • sup dog
« Reply #2749 on: March 19, 2024, 01:29:07 AM »
I was kind of bummed at the end of that episode because it didn’t seem like that guy was really happy that they came. Like they overstayed their welcome or something.

It started off cool, but then disintegrated.  I just felt bad for the guy… it seemed like he felt used.

Maybe it was just the editing, but I don’t think so. That goodbye at the end didn’t seem that warm and friendly: more like “please don’t come back”. :(
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 123
« Reply #2750 on: March 19, 2024, 02:19:21 AM »

Yes, I don't think Todd Huber would say they were the greatest people he's ever met. And, of course, they had to ask him much his collection is worth.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #2751 on: March 19, 2024, 05:13:00 AM »
Chico episode was fantastic. I had heard bits and pieces about his childhood and immigration to the states, but hearing it all laid out was pretty heavy. I am an even bigger fan now.

Crail sounds sus as hell.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #2752 on: March 19, 2024, 05:26:03 AM »
Chico episode was fucking fantastic, what more can I say that hasn't been said? One of the best ones in a while, 3 hours went by like nothing.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #2753 on: March 19, 2024, 07:00:26 AM »
What did he say to Kelly? I keep seeing people mention it but can’t find it.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1084
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #2754 on: March 19, 2024, 07:12:58 AM »
Time stamp is 1:51:52 on YouTube

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #2755 on: March 19, 2024, 08:08:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Time stamp is 1:51:52 on YouTube

Cool - thanks!

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #2756 on: March 19, 2024, 09:36:40 AM »
Chico episode was actually great, very enjoyable. The discussion re chocolate from chico was great, he’s clearly not afraid to speak his mind. Respectable, chico’s a real one. That said, the response from chris and jeron was borderline rude at times. They kept making up excuses for chico’s legitimate qualms with craig. Sure they’re not gonna say anything negative, but even a “that sucks man, i’m sorry that happened to you” would have been nice.

damn this comment made it even harder for me to wait to go back to work for a listen

must stay strong

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

RoughStylin

• Rep: 35
« Reply #2757 on: March 19, 2024, 10:29:29 AM »
Really sick episode

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #2758 on: March 19, 2024, 10:36:05 AM »
Yea im an hour into it and its dope!  I've heard the migration story a few times, never heard the reason he had to leave. 

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #2759 on: March 19, 2024, 11:16:41 AM »
Chico episode was fantastic. I had heard bits and pieces about his childhood and immigration to the states, but hearing it all laid out was pretty heavy. I am an even bigger fan now.

Crail sounds sus as hell.

Shame on Crail for not paying people on time. Unfortunately, I think a lot of companies do this to riders.