Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64249 times)

tony mugu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2020, 07:10:00 AM »

Not sure if my video is the one you’re talking about being too brief but if it was mine, I would like to know what you think I could have done to improve the review and give the watcher more information, thanks.

i just noticed the thread, https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=105605.0, yeah it was your video. your skating is dope by the way, better than mine.

anyways i suppose to improve it, i kinda like shoe reviews to be a bit longer? that's my personal preference but i still think they can be concise and still have some more footage. maybe even a little history about the shoe too. I recently watched Ben Degros review on halfcabs and I really like how he does his reviews. I find it helpful how he will record the first session then cuts to a few weeks later and shows the shoe rather than showing the shoe after 20 hours of skating.

thank you for your time and i think im gonna pull the plug on them at the end of the month, i think they will be worth it since they are half price.

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2020, 07:15:43 AM »
havent watched his content in a minute but that Christian Florence guy or whatever his name is did pretty good shoe reviews i thought.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2020, 07:18:09 AM »
Great idea for a thread.

Going to chuck a curveball in here and ask, if I like the 212s by NB is there anything else I would like? Do I just stick to this shoe? I'm pretty much asking - what other wide vulc shoes are out there? I've skated a lot of Slip-on Pros but even those feel a little narrow compared to the 212s. Habitat Austyn's were the perfect shoe for me, but that ship sailed many moons ago.
255 are a great shoe
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2020, 05:13:14 PM »
When Dunks got all thinned out a few years back the sizing got weird and I had to go up a half size. Anybody know if the sizing is back to normal now that the padded tongue is back?

wheee!

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2020, 05:27:55 PM »
How are the kalis s (not the og)?

I'm mostly concerned with comfort/cushioning and durability

The only other dc I've skated before was the infinite s but I didn't like it cause it felt really thin like a bowling shoe and the upper was so thin even just kicking my board to turn it around would hurt. My favorite shoe so far is the etnies marana
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 05:34:28 PM by Peepeeboy69 »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2020, 09:21:33 PM »
How are the kalis s (not the og)?

I'm mostly concerned with comfort/cushioning and durability

The only other dc I've skated before was the infinite s but I didn't like it cause it felt really thin like a bowling shoe and the upper was so thin even just kicking my board to turn it around would hurt. My favorite shoe so far is the etnies marana
Tts, best shoe I've skated in the last years. Go for it, you won't regret it.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2020, 03:14:04 AM »
Anyone try the new Fallen stuff yet? Im ashamed to say I'm kinda feelin their RDS colab

danmasontree

• Rep: 10
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2020, 07:02:30 AM »
Kinda wanna try the Louie Lopez. Anyone skate these? I know they are vulc but I aint jumping down anything these days

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2020, 07:06:05 AM »
Kinda wanna try the Louie Lopez. Anyone skate these? I know they are vulc but I aint jumping down anything these days
theyre nice. I kinda like the insole tbh. Little narrow but the heel lining is awesome and super locked in. Like a little suede piece back there. Little tough slipping on and off if that’s what you do.

danmasontree

• Rep: 10
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2020, 08:03:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
theyre nice. I kinda like the insole tbh. Little narrow but the heel lining is awesome and super locked in. Like a little suede piece back there. Little tough slipping on and off if that’s what you do.

Thanks for the response. How narrow? Like Busentiz? And I do slip on and off so that might annoying me ha

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2020, 08:57:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Thanks for the response. How narrow? Like Busentiz? And I do slip on and off so that might annoying me ha
not that narrow. I think you’ll be fine tho. The toe shape gets narrow and a little pointed. The grip is original chucks and pretty sick. My insole (light green pair) didn’t have zoom air in heel. I’d recommend for sure. Half size down if you like snug
https://www.tactics.com/info/converse-louie-lopez-skate-shoes-wear-test-review

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2020, 09:11:35 AM »
When Dunks got all thinned out a few years back the sizing got weird and I had to go up a half size. Anybody know if the sizing is back to normal now that the padded tongue is back?

Tongue had padding again, and I say they are tts.
Disclaimer: I had dunks back when but wasn’t ALL bout it em, like some. I also didn’t mind my Ishod dunks that had the thinner fit. My orange labels Wete too soft, the shadows feel just right. Haven’t skated them yet tho.
I should have just settled on dunks a long time ago, but....you know fuckin Nike, and then dunks are a pain to get sometimes and I don’t want to be one of those dudes....
But yeah, they seem good, skate good.

Chromeandflammen

• Rep: -2
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2020, 01:15:57 PM »
Just asked about vans rowley rapidwell pro in upcoming shoe thread, responses below to get this started.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone tried the rowley rapidweld pro?
[close]

Yeah just finished skating a pair. Highly recommend.
[close]

Same. I skated a pair when they first came out. Really durable and good sole, they don’t wear out as fast as regular vans sole since it uses waffle cup. Along with the no stitch, mine took a while to show wear and tear.
[close]

Mine ripped from just walking around for a couple of hours.... Wouldn't buy them again.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2020, 02:34:22 PM »
Anyone try the new Fallen stuff yet? Im ashamed to say I'm kinda feelin their RDS colab

hah

wheee!

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2020, 08:31:26 PM »
Anyone skate the gts return?

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2020, 05:06:31 PM »
How does Popcush compare to Ultracush? I really want to try Vans again, but the insole is the sole reason I don't wear them anymore. Ultracush and Ultracush 3D hurt my feet and gave me lower back problems because of the lack of support.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2020, 06:30:24 PM »
How does Popcush compare to Ultracush? I really want to try Vans again, but the insole is the sole reason I don't wear them anymore. Ultracush and Ultracush 3D hurt my feet and gave me lower back problems because of the lack of support.
It’s basically the same shit just thicker

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2020, 06:53:47 PM »
Nobody asked but these suede blazers I already have an ollie hole after three sessions on month old Jessup grip.

Gonna try my luck with Nike support, will report back...

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2020, 08:31:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It’s basically the same shit just thicker
disagree. Replied a few times on this. Popcush in Rowan’s reminds me of g6. A firmer more responsive foam than ultracush that doesn’t feel soft and bottom out.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2020, 06:16:58 AM »
Anyone used remind insoles ?? Compared to footprint? Haven’t had either.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2020, 06:59:17 AM »
Nobody asked but these suede blazers I already have an ollie hole after three sessions on month old Jessup grip.

Gonna try my luck with Nike support, will report back...

Yep... Ive had 3 pairs of Blazers, all got Ollie hole insanly quick. To be honest, ollie is the true test of a shoe's durability. Its easy to make a shoe flick friendly, and it should not be difficult to make a shoe ollie friendly either.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2020, 09:07:25 AM »

This is one of those things that’s been gone over, and I just fucking forget the answer every time.
It’s right up there with steep decks/flat decks fingers of flat and ventures or Indy’s or whatever (there’s a formula, cannot remember which).
Or if lock-ins can only be used one way.
Dunno

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2020, 09:23:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is one of those things that’s been gone over, and I just fucking forget the answer every time.
It’s right up there with steep decks/flat decks fingers of flat and ventures or Indy’s or whatever (there’s a formula, cannot remember which).
Or if lock-ins can only be used one way.
Dunno
lol so true. Well I searched and found this about the medic I think because $45

Sure. Not everyone's bag but they are stiff and cradle your heel nicely while providing perfect arch support for my feet (I have medium high arches) I like them in vulcs as they add more support, security and impact absorption. My foot just feels safer... def take away some board feel but being 44 and breaking toes... they keep me going into a session a lot longer. They are $45 new but I've had three sets I've found on sale for half that and each pair has lasted me over a year.

I was not a fan of the footprints I had.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2020, 03:41:28 PM »
yo Sk.A.T.A.N., whats the fit like in the Copa Nationale? considering getting the mike arnold colorway online

PS. I love that skateshoeguru is the first comment on that shoe review link hahahh I wonder if he still lurks here
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2020, 06:42:09 AM »
Has anybody skated the continentals in vulc?

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2020, 11:12:06 AM »
Does anyone have experience on DC Williams Slims or TFunks? Considering on ordering them online so would be nice to know about sizing. Also, how are these shoes for handling impact?

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2020, 12:28:19 PM »
I had a couple of samples of the Patriot like a year and a hald ago, and I would recommend em. Really comfy and lasted performed really well, offers nice cupsole support still offering quite good boardfeel (I usually skate shoes like this or even thicker).

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2020, 05:43:18 PM »
the old Nike SB Project BA fit long? (Because of the pointed toe?)

Can anyone compare the fit to another model?

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2020, 06:30:34 PM »
They are true to size. Also they are not pointy at all, they have a roomy, square toebox.

I don't know if there is a comparable fit, at least that I have weared (I can only think of the nb#420). They are pretty much a skateable runner shoe.

I decided to skate my last pair and damn they are the best Nike sb

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2020, 07:06:49 PM »
They are true to size. Also they are not pointy at all, they have a roomy, square toebox.

I don't know if there is a comparable fit, at least that I have weared (I can only think of the nb#420). They are pretty much a skateable runner shoe.

I decided to skate my last pair and damn they are the best Nike sb
ok thanks! Wondering if I can go half down/same size as the blazer low gt. Never tried the BA but heard very good things and might’ve found  a pair second hand.