Author Topic: Is Dan Drehobl still a sponsored professional skateboarder?  (Read 8461 times)

imuseless

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: Is Dan Drehobl still a sponsored professional skateboarder?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2020, 12:49:20 AM »

Love this part too!

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2020, 05:00:29 AM »
Dan Drehobl skated to Neil Diamond, had diabetes, and had a sexy muffin top, all at the same time.

If you don't like that, you're a bitch.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2020, 10:02:33 AM »
Hopefully, should be

kbike59

• Rep: 0

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 850
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2020, 06:03:20 PM »

All of this

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 913
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2020, 06:13:47 PM »

Love this part too!

I fuckin love that Pickin on modest mouse song, great part. Didn’t thi come out on the skateboard mag website back in the day?

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2020, 06:43:52 PM »
hes got his own shape with krooked. says his name right on it.

Thank you

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2020, 06:47:41 PM »
I broke my arm at the Ripon park, the one that Cardiel does that slow mo, super tweaked melon in Sight Unseen, around that same time. Just broke myself off. Anyway, Dan saw it happen and he was the only one that gave a shit. I love you Dan.

Amazing

fraction

• Rep: -2
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2020, 06:51:17 PM »
I think Krooked still will make Drehobl boards for people who skate tranny and pools. Last I saw of Drehobl was that he does woodworking. Haven't seen a skate clip in a bit. Might be like a Cardiel situation where he doesn't skate but he is such a pivotal part of the company that they continue to give him royalties and pro models with certain shapes that are only on their pro model.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2020, 07:54:25 PM »
I've seen instagram clips and footage from the park at his house. Can't remember exactly where but I want to say he had a part fairly recently where most of the footage was from his house. Anyway, like other's mentioned, he does woodwork. Check out his site. 

https://drehoblwoodworking.bigcartel.com/

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2020, 10:00:19 PM »
Gnarcuterie

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2020, 10:12:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that graphic is fire

Drehobl deserves cardiel status. He outdid himself multiple times. He reinvented small transition and a handful of other styles. He deserves a deck indefinitely. Focus me if you think I'm wrong. I am assuming gonz hand picked him.

ogcoors

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2020, 10:18:55 PM »
Drehobl is the clint Eastwood of skateboarding. "Wheres he been?" Do some research in between your high school english paper, clown. Still riding magenta, or what's your flavor this week? Get off here. Next your gonna Jeremy Klein went mia. TRACER shit going on here.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1127
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2020, 10:21:51 PM »
IIRC, I read many years ago that Drehobl tore his ACL while he was blacked out drunk partying. Like he woke up and it was torn and he wasn't sure how it happened, which I imagine is frustrating. As someone who has torn his ACL, it is a tough injury to ever get 100% recovery from. Total ripper though. Legend.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

peptobismol

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2020, 10:21:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

that graphic is fire
[close]

Drehobl deserves cardiel status. He outdid himself multiple times. He reinvented small transition and a handful of other styles. He deserves a deck indefinitely. Focus me if you think I'm wrong. I am assuming gonz hand picked him.

as much as i dig spider-man-dan, he is most defintely NOT cardiel status. that being said, i am totally for dan drehobl having a permanent pro board. i would also like a david clark guest pro board and a couple van wastell reissue boards. also, where is andrew pearl??????

ogcoors

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2020, 10:22:29 PM »
I've seen instagram clips and footage from the park at his house. Can't remember exactly where but I want to say he had a part fairly recently where most of the footage was from his house. Anyway, like other's mentioned, he does woodwork. Check out his site. 

https://drehoblwoodworking.bigcartel.com/

Dude slept on floors for 20 years to make sure we solidify a legacy in hardwork. He deserves it back. Cardiel status imo. Cool guy too. Plus I think his short wheel bases were his call and I rode tons of his boards. You can tell when I pro has a say in his name.......

ogcoors

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2020, 10:26:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

that graphic is fire
[close]

[close]

as much as i dig spider-man-dan, he is most defintely NOT cardiel status. that being said, i am totally for dan drehobl having a permanent pro board. i would also like a david clark guest pro board and a couple van wastell reissue boards. also, where is andrew pearl??????

I agree with you. I pushed that hard. Drehobl had refreshing parts that were off of regular skate culture. You needed his flavor when he did it. I just think he is a master of art that's all. The industry can get so one sided in particular and freedumb was out to out root that. That's why he is up there. Pepto, thanks for making me think why and how. Appreciate it. That's skateboarding. Just being yourself and being willing to understand........

peptobismol

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2020, 11:13:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

that graphic is fire
[close]

[close]

[close]

I agree with you. I pushed that hard. Drehobl had refreshing parts that were off of regular skate culture. You needed his flavor when he did it. I just think he is a master of art that's all. The industry can get so one sided in particular and freedumb was out to out root that. That's why he is up there. Pepto, thanks for making me think why and how. Appreciate it. That's skateboarding. Just being yourself and being willing to understand........

yooo, cant you be a little more subtle???? i fucking paid you to be subtle!!!! im trying to get my rep up and you're out here putting me on loudspeaker!!!!! why cant you just ignore me like everyone else here?

ogcoors

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2020, 11:16:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

that graphic is fire
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

yooo, cant you be a little more subtle???? i fucking paid you to be subtle!!!! im trying to get my rep up and you're out here putting me on loudspeaker!!!!! why cant you just ignore me like everyone else here?

Your rep? I didnt know we kicked it in person. Grow up, speak your mind, and move on. If you cant hang with big dogs get off the porch. Dm so I can make sure your all good. Wow.

peptobismol

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2020, 11:18:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

that graphic is fire
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Your rep? I didnt know we kicked it in person. Grow up, speak your mind, and move on. If you cant hang with big dogs get off the porch. Dm so I can make sure your all good. Wow.

*you're

also ive never "kicked it" witchu, i was just being an asshole. side question, did you get to skate today?????

michael scarn

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2020, 11:21:21 PM »
I enjoy all his woodworking content on Instagram. He films the occasional clip, always nice to see. Dan is awesome, he's put his work in as a pro

ogcoors

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2020, 11:23:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

that graphic is fire
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

*you're

also ive never "kicked it" witchu, i was just being an asshole. side question, did you get to skate today?????

I'm not trying to be cold or nothing. And yes sunny all day. Just parked it. Had about an hour in. I have to fit in my schedule thanks for asking. Your comment was true, cards is high level for sure.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2020, 03:01:55 AM »
Drehobl is the clint Eastwood of skateboarding. "Wheres he been?" Do some research in between your high school english paper, clown. Still riding magenta, or what's your flavor this week? Get off here. Next your gonna Jeremy Klein went mia. TRACER shit going on here.
Shut up.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 94
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2020, 03:09:31 AM »
I learned pivots to fakie after seeing him doing one
maybe it was in a Transworld video

Also I really like his woodworking
The cutting board are so cool

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2020, 06:18:36 AM »
I learned pivots to fakie after seeing him doing one
maybe it was in a Transworld video

Also I really like his woodworking
The cutting board are so cool

I also learned pivot to fakies because of him. One of my favorite tricks

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2020, 07:27:44 AM »
Dans got a crisp workshop

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 825
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2020, 08:43:37 AM »
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.