Author Topic: 2020 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 108400 times)

dooley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
Re: 2020 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #750 on: May 22, 2020, 01:41:52 PM »
Thank you. Game of Thrones is the ultimate neckbeard show - it's for dudes intrigued about incest and snow zombies wearing fedoras.

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #751 on: May 22, 2020, 01:50:07 PM »
I like bagpipes

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #752 on: May 24, 2020, 10:26:51 AM »
The Office jumped the shark at Pam & Jim's wedding.

SAH ALL DAY

« Reply #753 on: May 24, 2020, 11:15:05 AM »
Mindfield started off with bagpipes

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #754 on: May 24, 2020, 11:22:20 AM »
the brooklyn banks spot can't be saved. I'd love for everyone to prove me wrong but I'm betting its wayy too late.

It worked for Tompkins so there is at least some hope.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 785
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #755 on: May 24, 2020, 01:17:15 PM »
Mindfield started off with bagpipes

but they were played by an alien

nothing's been the since same

dooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #756 on: May 25, 2020, 06:55:41 AM »
The Office, Breaking Bad, etc. Anyone who has their emotions tied to characters from T.V. and dive feverishly into conversations about them/the show in real life are not right in the head. It's like cheering on a puppet show as an adult.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #757 on: May 25, 2020, 06:58:33 AM »
I love those shows but it's crazy how many dating profiles I've seen where the first (and frankly most interesting) thing they have to say about themselves is how much they like The Office.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #758 on: May 25, 2020, 07:17:15 AM »
I love those shows but it's crazy how many dating profiles I've seen where the first (and frankly most interesting) thing they have to say about themselves is how much they like The Office.
I don't think it's all bad, definitely have cackled hard at Dwight and Creed. But like your example, it's permeated into some sort of mass obsession/borderline psychosis where people will rage for saying the show is held too high on a pedestal, as if it's a challenge of their identity. The later seasons were insufferable but people do love to keep a shitshow going.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -213
« Reply #759 on: May 25, 2020, 08:27:28 AM »
The Office, Breaking Bad, etc. Anyone who has their emotions tied to characters from T.V. and dive feverishly into conversations about them/the show in real life are not right in the head. It's like cheering on a puppet show as an adult.

In fairness, you are saying this on an internet forum of grown men who have dedicated their lives to critiquing the minute aspects of a children’s activity

Shiek

• Rep: -68
« Reply #760 on: May 25, 2020, 08:40:32 AM »
I got a bunch of stuff to add to this but im too stoned to put it into words

something something living vicariously something something
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 08:44:25 AM by Shiek »

dooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #761 on: May 25, 2020, 09:56:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In fairness, you are saying this on an internet forum of grown men who have dedicated their lives to critiquing the minute aspects of a children’s activity
I hear ya. It's doublethink but skateboarding and its subsequent drama makes sense as a subject of criticism because it's a subculture which ties in so many, and the whole thing requires incredible amounts of mental and physical discipline, unmatched by sitting around watching T.V.

I got a bunch of stuff to add to this but im too stoned to put it into words

something something living vicariously something something
That's definitely the reason, it's their pretend time. Don't upset pretend time believers.

Shiek

• Rep: -68
« Reply #762 on: May 25, 2020, 10:03:25 AM »
If our world was more balanced I'd come down on vicarious livers and pretenders harder. I wish I could forget the harsh realities we're presented with on a daily basis but I'm bound to it.

As depressing as this might sound I just reduce adults to children who still believe in Santa Claus. Why burst their bubble? If their life is bad enough they need to build up a semi fantasy alternative reality who am I to stop them?

I think the sad reality of life is giving people good advice makes you feel worse and them feel worse.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #763 on: May 25, 2020, 10:18:46 AM »
I fuck with the last sentence heavily. People simply grow older, not more mature. They replace Santa with religion, more materialism, fast food addiction, or The Office.

Spacenoid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #764 on: May 25, 2020, 03:21:50 PM »

This killed my interest in white women.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #765 on: May 25, 2020, 05:18:37 PM »
I fuck with the last sentence heavily. People simply grow older, not more mature. They replace Santa with religion, more materialism, fast food addiction, or The Office.
The boomers are the first generation to go blind with consumerism. there's no growing old anymore. i cant imagine what a nursing home would look like in 2050 (say society as we no it exists then). super smash bros tournament. the only advice you have for your grandkids is "unmatch if she doesn't like dogs"
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

dooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #766 on: May 25, 2020, 08:33:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The boomers are the first generation to go blind with consumerism. there's no growing old anymore. i cant imagine what a nursing home would look like in 2050 (say society as we no it exists then). super smash bros tournament. the only advice you have for your grandkids is "unmatch if she doesn't like dogs"
Soylent Green factories attached to nursing homes wouldn't even be surprising.

Saint Coke

« Reply #767 on: June 01, 2020, 05:35:18 PM »
Blind as a brand never did anything for me. Always thought it was crap. Same with World. Just never appealed to me.

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #768 on: June 01, 2020, 05:51:44 PM »
 Decks over than 8. Is overrated

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #769 on: June 01, 2020, 05:57:23 PM »

I sure as shit hope that wasn't a dig at 'The Office', thems lootin words!

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #770 on: June 02, 2020, 12:49:10 AM »
Jamie Foy´s skills are undeniable and he gives hope to all chubbys out there. but I can not stand him visually at all.

Further he proofs by his body type that talent is way more important than athleticism and hard work. and that is something I still refuse to accept after 20 years of skateboarding because deep inside me I still hope to get pro one day despite being 35 and skating pretty bad. and that's something that keeps me on my board.

Also i don't mind one-trick ponys but somehow I hate it when its grinds.
His front crooks is gnarly but yeah. I get it.
Same goes for Malto and his nosegrind.

It feels like someone told them to just always grind on the nose because that's the most amount of points in street league. and that's why they perfected that.

Skaters suck

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 52
« Reply #771 on: June 02, 2020, 02:22:50 AM »
Bagpipes sound like shit and should be banned
Bagpipes and accordions are the Shane O'niells of instruments - difficult but unappealing.
ye bagpipes should be illegal
Can you imagine signing up for bag pipe lessons?
bagpipes sucking is probably not an unpopular opinion. think thats like vegimite for the ears

Ignorant, you've probably only ever heard the scottish great highland pipes. The bagpipe has a rich history worldwide and deeply rooted cultural significance. There are many many types of bagpipes with an abundant variety of timbres. Much like Common Time, drone music speaks to the human soul. Inability to appreciate the bagpipes is indicative of barbarism.
Although I do agree the scottish highlanders are the worst of the bunch.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 03:09:05 AM by A Not At All Naughty Chemist »

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #772 on: June 02, 2020, 03:18:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Bagpipes and accordions are the Shane O'niells of instruments - difficult but unappealing.
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
bagpipes sucking is probably not an unpopular opinion. think thats like vegimite for the ears
[close]

Ignorant, you've probably only ever heard the scottish great highland pipes. The bagpipe has a rich history worldwide and deeply rooted cultural significance. There are many many types of bagpipes with an abundant variety of timbres. Much like Common Time, drone music speaks to the human soul. Inability to appreciate the bagpipes is indicative of barbarism.

Fuck me, I learned something on SLAP
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #773 on: June 02, 2020, 03:24:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Amapiano sound like shit and should be banned
[close]
Expand Quote
Amapiano and accordions are the Shane O'niells of instruments - difficult but unappealing.
[close]
Expand Quote
ye Amapiano should be illegal
[close]
Expand Quote
Can you imagine signing up for Amapiano lessons?
[close]
Expand Quote
Amapiano sucking is probably not an unpopular opinion. think thats like vegimite for the ears
[close]

Ignorant, you've probably only ever heard the scottish great highland Amapiano. Amapiano has a rich history worldwide and deeply rooted cultural significance. There are many many types of Amapiano with an abundant variety of timbres. Much like Common Time, Amapiano music speaks to the human soul. Inability to appreciate Amapiano is indicative of barbarism.

[close]

Fuck me, I learned something on SLAP

Zephyr-Cum

• Rep: -103
  • DIE
« Reply #774 on: June 02, 2020, 03:51:36 AM »
I AM A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

"Shalom".

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #775 on: June 02, 2020, 09:30:57 AM »
Jamie Foy´s skills are undeniable and he gives hope to all chubbys out there. but I can not stand him visually at all.

Further he proofs by his body type that talent is way more important than athleticism and hard work. and that is something I still refuse to accept after 20 years of skateboarding because deep inside me I still hope to get pro one day despite being 35 and skating pretty bad. and that's something that keeps me on my board.

Also i don't mind one-trick ponys but somehow I hate it when its grinds.
His front crooks is gnarly but yeah. I get it.
Same goes for Malto and his nosegrind.

It feels like someone told them to just always grind on the nose because that's the most amount of points in street league. and that's why they perfected that.

Skaters suck

talent mostly is the result of hard work
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 09:43:36 AM by BALARGUE »

Mog

• Rep: -166
« Reply #776 on: June 02, 2020, 09:33:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

what kinda bootleg oboe is this

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

miff

• Rep: -7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #777 on: June 02, 2020, 02:02:37 PM »
Dooley's on a roll.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #778 on: June 02, 2020, 02:30:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I sure as shit hope that wasn't a dig at 'The Office', thems lootin words!
Which season(s)?

jc

• Rep: -73
« Reply #779 on: June 02, 2020, 03:37:36 PM »
Best current female skater is a little Brazilian girl.