Author Topic: Which subculture in skateboarding do you hate the most?  (Read 43845 times)

sk8bat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -97
Re: Which subculture in skateboarding do you hate the most?
« Reply #570 on: November 30, 2020, 11:51:46 PM »
Expand Quote
:)
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pretty much all of them are too try-hard for my taste, but the "politically conscious" subculture that popped up during Trump is particularly bad. I'm talking both sides of it too, from the "dead babies in the vaccines cause autism" idiots to Koston & Jim T making "Trump's racist" boards, it's all uneducated pseudo-intellectualgarbage from highschool drop outs. They're trying to tackle a subject they're completely ignorant of, and I'd rather they stuck to skateboarding.

Seriously, I follow skateboarding to get away from the monotony of the news cycle, and I'd rather that skateboarding be the one thing that doesn't become tainted from the back and forth nonsense of relentlessly streamed fodder...
[close]

i get what you mean but between this and name checking voltaire on a Skateboarding Website i think some self reflection might be in order
[close]

I'm saying I don't like it, but I'm not saying they shouldn't do whatever they want. Unlike you guys, I'd rather just choose not to indulge when they market some shit I don't like & hope the rest of skateboarding follows suit, subsequently stopping as a result. I guess I'm not the only one who wasn't feeling it, especially considering that Numbers is still sitting on a fuck ton of those boards and they're pretty much out of business, that's the way the market lets people know that their ideas suck in the best way possible..
[close]

when i don’t indulge stuff i don’t like, i tend to keep quiet about it. you do you though, you seem really smart
[close]

OP sounds like a Republican that likes Rage Against the Machine.

And if anybody has one of those pseudo-intellectual Real Trump clown boards let can let go a decent price PM me. $500 on eBay ain’t happening.
[close]

Best Trump graphic ever was an Antihero Trujillo that came out while Trump was still in the primaries for the 2016 election.

It’s a picture of Shiva holding Trumps severed head, wearing a necklace of GOP leaders, standing on burning cop cars and severing a drone in two with one of her arms.

I have it on my wall and it always makes me smile.
"Best Trump graphic ever..."  Why? How?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #571 on: November 30, 2020, 11:58:27 PM »
Expand Quote

Best Trump graphic ever was an Antihero Trujillo that came out while Trump was still in the primaries for the 2016 election.

It’s a picture of Shiva holding Trumps severed head, wearing a necklace of GOP leaders, standing on burning cop cars and severing a drone in two with one of her arms.

[close]

You don’t understand why someone would make a political graphic with a president on it?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

sk8bat

« Reply #572 on: December 01, 2020, 12:08:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

You don’t understand why someone would make a political graphic with a president on it?
I guess, maybe if I was gonna skate it, or got it free, but why waste a graphic on that? I have no idea why you put it on your wall unless you're just an asshole. Nobody wants to look at that. It's a waste of money.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #573 on: December 01, 2020, 01:59:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I guess, maybe if I was gonna skate it, or got it free, but why waste a graphic on that? I have no idea why you put it on your wall unless you're just an asshole. Nobody wants to look at that. It's a waste of money.

Hi Sk8bat,

Welcome to SLAP!
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #574 on: December 01, 2020, 04:00:46 AM »
Expand Quote
I don't hang out/skate with enough people to hate any subculture and other than the videos I watched as a kid and rewatch now, SLAP is pretty much the only skateboarding media I consume, so I can't get on the true hate train, but I get tripped up seeing people (not just skateboarders) like 25 and under wearing clothes that look they were stolen from some 90s gap ad or something- almost grunge looking but probably really expensive. Fake work clothes.  I see these girls wearing mumus and shit like my fat ass wheel chair bound great grandmother wore while she was ripping butts and heckling neighborhood kids for walking while black. Look, I'm tattooed as a motherfucker and used to get my ass whipped for being a punk or whatever and looking like an idiot, and I've been wearing pretty much the same style clothes for half my life now, so I'm tuned into the notion of wearing what you like because it makes you feel right and helps identify with your group, but the stupid fashion for the sake of fashion, no culture whatsoever other than what is marketed on the BIG marketing level bums me out, especially when its ugly as fuck.
[close]

kids these days are all walkin around with green hair and bones in their noses. no one even says sir or ma’am anymore

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #575 on: December 01, 2020, 06:55:17 AM »
people who spell heelflip like healflip

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1211
  • old and in the way
« Reply #576 on: December 01, 2020, 03:26:25 PM »
I can't stand the Strobeck Zoomies movement that overdoes mid trick zoom into shoes and face and sacrificing the actual footage while obscuring half the human body. It's ok sometimes but I was watching Cheap Perfume and the only clean shots were wide angle lens lines. C'mon man.
Zoomies be all:

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
« Reply #577 on: December 01, 2020, 07:42:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not sure if it's a subculture, but regular foot skating is wack.
[close]

what do you use, your hands?
[close]
Nah bro, I skate goofy like every other normal skater. Not a kook.
[close]
People like this amuse me fr. What a concussed way to think
reminds me of when I used to think that bands with three members were the coolest, four members were okaaaay, and five members were wack.

I was 11yo
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #578 on: December 01, 2020, 10:41:54 PM »
I don't hang out/skate with enough people to hate any subculture and other than the videos I watched as a kid and rewatch now, SLAP is pretty much the only skateboarding media I consume, so I can't get on the true hate train, but I get tripped up seeing people (not just skateboarders) like 25 and under wearing clothes that look they were stolen from some 90s gap ad or something- almost grunge looking but probably really expensive. Fake work clothes.  I see these girls wearing mumus and shit like my fat ass wheel chair bound great grandmother wore while she was ripping butts and heckling neighborhood kids for walking while black. Look, I'm tattooed as a motherfucker and used to get my ass whipped for being a punk or whatever and looking like an idiot, and I've been wearing pretty much the same style clothes for half my life now, so I'm tuned into the notion of wearing what you like because it makes you feel right and helps identify with your group, but the stupid fashion for the sake of fashion, no culture whatsoever other than what is marketed on the BIG marketing level bums me out, especially when its ugly as fuck.

people that say things like "Look, I'm tattooed as a motherfucker"

snowballz

• Rep: -12
« Reply #579 on: December 01, 2020, 10:46:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Damn Guy Mariano is a kook then. And Andrew Reynolds. And Muska. Penny. TA. Hosoi. AVE. Lance. Neil Blender. Rodney. Arto. BA. Antwuan. And last but certainly not least, Uncle Freddy himself.

You sound like a fucking mouth breather. Your mom def shook you like a margarita when you were a baby.

livin on a speyer

« Reply #580 on: December 01, 2020, 11:11:18 PM »
Urban culture.
Skateboarding is a rural sport!

sk8bat

« Reply #581 on: December 01, 2020, 11:24:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Damn Guy Mariano is a kook then. And Andrew Reynolds. And Muska. Penny. TA. Hosoi. AVE. Lance. Neil Blender. Rodney. Arto. BA. Antwuan. And last but certainly not least, Uncle Freddy himself.

You sound like a fucking mouth breather. Your mom def shook you like a margarita when you were a baby.
Not a mouth breather, skate right foot front.

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #582 on: December 02, 2020, 05:32:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
reminds me of when I used to think that bands with three members were the coolest, four members were okaaaay, and five members were wack.

I was 11yo
Blink 182 dawg. I think sk8bat still listens to them and takes them seriously

She went full margaritaville fr. Theres basically motor autism social and intelligence and people can get 2 of them sometimes. Each one can be less or exceed what a average person has. At first i thought he was trolling in general but he prob just has the type of autism where he cant get along with people but his dice roll came with minus intelligence points. So if this was dungeons and dragons he would not be a troll but more like a regular goblin with a lizzie armanto board hes clubbing rats with for next to no xp. Or his mom fed him whiskey for the first 3 years

Tyrone Slothrop

• Rep: 9
« Reply #583 on: December 02, 2020, 08:47:48 AM »
The local fake tough guys that aren't secure with themselves enough to be nice to other skaters.

Banned from the room

« Reply #584 on: December 02, 2020, 09:36:12 AM »
The asshole who steals obstacles from little parks and the DIY.

That rail was all those kids had to skate/bike/blade/scoot/stand in front of on you.

I believe that the theft/destruction of our ramps/parks/brickhouse as in the 90s and 00s contributed to the opioid death rate in our area.

Think about that next time you rip something out the park.

sk8bat

« Reply #585 on: December 02, 2020, 10:31:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

I was 11yo
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]
She went full margaritaville fr. Theres basically motor autism social and intelligence and people can get 2 of them sometimes. Each one can be less or exceed what a average person has. At first i thought he was trolling in general but he prob just has the type of autism where he cant get along with people but his dice roll came with minus intelligence points. So if this was dungeons and dragons he would not be a troll but more like a regular goblin with a lizzie armanto board hes clubbing rats with for next to no xp. Or his mom fed him whiskey for the first 3 years
You're loser ass wrote all that?

consumer

• Rep: 9
  • they/them
« Reply #586 on: December 02, 2020, 10:35:50 AM »
the kids at blue who film lines for an hour and take up four of the obstacles

people who still say faggot in passing

teenage kids yelling at toddlers at the combination playground / skatepark at the local middle school

park slope moms

shake junt

skate shops becoming sneaker stores

me knowing tom knox wont kiss me

chris

• Rep: -2
« Reply #587 on: December 02, 2020, 10:45:36 AM »
people who skate with their crew all the time and they have couple of full length videos and hundreds instagram and yt edits. But always doing the same tricks and never progress or think about doing something new because they always get props from the crew.
when they roll to the park you know what each of them is going to do and they don't stop until their routine is done.
feel sorry for those people because it seems like the are stuck and don't know any better and the worst part is they don't seem to enjoy it..sad

Sounds like you skate alone. Most of them are having fun, or else they wouldn't be doing it. But everybody is gay but you, ignore this comment

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #588 on: December 02, 2020, 02:05:08 PM »

KingSharkIsAShark

• Rep: -253
  • Future SLAP Pal
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #589 on: December 03, 2020, 06:29:24 PM »
Skaters who actually take SOTY seriously. It's just a marketing scheme to promote Thrasher and the winning shoe company and all you little sheep are falling for it

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #590 on: December 03, 2020, 07:16:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Sk8bat is brain trauma incarnate.

sk8bat

« Reply #591 on: December 03, 2020, 07:30:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Sk8bat is brain trauma incarnate.
[close]
Sk8bat is roast beef back for revenge
Sk8bat is your father.

slappy50

• Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #592 on: December 03, 2020, 11:56:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

I was 11yo
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
You're loser ass wrote all that?
*Your
niggling

[/quote]

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #593 on: December 04, 2020, 12:15:38 AM »
Has the meaning of subculture changed? I'm seeing almost no subcultures being mentioned in this thread. It's just people listing things they don't like about other skaters.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #594 on: December 04, 2020, 02:46:56 AM »
Skaters who actually take SOTY seriously. It's just a marketing scheme to promote Thrasher and the winning shoe company and all you little sheep are falling for it

Word to that. Also -

People that enjoy skate videos. It's just a marketing scheme to promote the company that puts the video out and all you little sheep are falling for it

People that watch sports. It's just a marketing scheme to sell tickets, TV rights and merchandise and all you little sheep are falling for it

People that listen to music. It's just a marketing scheme to get you to pay for that music and all you little sheep are falling for it
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Brguy

« Reply #595 on: December 04, 2020, 03:53:53 AM »
Expand Quote
people who skate with their crew all the time and they have couple of full length videos and hundreds instagram and yt edits. But always doing the same tricks and never progress or think about doing something new because they always get props from the crew.
when they roll to the park you know what each of them is going to do and they don't stop until their routine is done.
feel sorry for those people because it seems like the are stuck and don't know any better and the worst part is they don't seem to enjoy it..sad
[close]

Sounds like you skate alone. Most of them are having fun, or else they wouldn't be doing it. But everybody is gay but you, ignore this comment
Learning new stuff is fun, doing the same thing over and over for attention is just kooky stuff.

JordanBrambleberry

• Rep: -4
« Reply #596 on: December 04, 2020, 07:24:00 AM »
What are the main skateboarding subcultures?

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #597 on: December 04, 2020, 07:53:43 AM »
shirts and skins

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #598 on: December 04, 2020, 08:05:46 AM »

Macedonian Greeks, Tops who think they’re Bottoms, the Van Buren boys, queen bees, and slinky dinks

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #599 on: December 04, 2020, 08:34:09 AM »
It's gotta be the Instagram park edit people for me. Most of em are kids so I sort of get it, but it still sucks.

Can't stand slinky dinks, either!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead