Author Topic: Post Your Ugliest Shoes  (Read 7946 times)

Pnw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: Post Your Ugliest Shoes
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2020, 04:44:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You just unlocked another long repressed memory. I also had some of those Vaiders(Blue) that I paired with Krew slims to complete the look
[close]
How'd they skate?

I don't think I ever saw anyone skate a pair in real life. I think even online I saw someone on a Ride Channel how-to skate them
[close]

I had a pair of the Vaider in that real resistant “Supra Tuff” material on the toe cap and collar. They had the classic supra vulc sole of the time, so the soles were great from a skating perspective. The Tuff stuff made the shoe like a stiffer feeling Skytop I. I like the skytop as a skate shoe as it’s got a great toe box shape and silhouette (the lower portion anyway).

I also had those Ronald McDonald coloured Lakai’s too. They were sold to me by a friend. I should have just set fire to them in retrospect.
[close]
The sole peeled off of mine, but Supra made some good shoes for a while. The last pair I skated were either Skytop 3’s or Stacks
[close]

I’ve had more bad luck with Supra than good experiences but, when I was in HS this guy had Skytop 3s and skated them for what felt like a whole year.
Just finished skating a pair of Vaiders and the sole wore through so much that I sprained my big toe upwards coming down a bowl after a bs 50-50. I only had the shoes about 2-3 weeks at the time and was mainly skating transition.

Shalom Peterson

• Rep: 20
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2020, 01:45:52 AM »

I currently own these. I bought them six? years ago from a clearance rack and they didn’t age well. I live in a college town and get compliments occasionally from chicks but every time I look down at my feet, all I see is a yellow fruit roll up.

fitnewsole

• Rep: 0
    • FitNewSole avatar image
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2020, 03:35:43 AM »
do u like this pair

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2020, 05:43:56 AM »
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2020, 06:00:30 AM »
More of a display piece for a really big fan of Ben and Jerry’s than an actual piece of footwear to wear

yourfuckingdad

« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2020, 12:33:41 PM »
had these The Clash Globes

and these rowley slims

« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 05:08:55 PM by yourfuckingdad »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2020, 12:54:08 PM »

i had these as well and spray painted them metallic silver, then another coat of red. looked crazy after i skated them. but they skated pretty bad i think.

Bitchardo Scantron

• Rep: -93
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2020, 04:41:35 PM »
I bought these during the first SB craze. I was happy just to get a new pair of Dunks because I liked skating them and all of the sudden they were hard to find.

I thought I didn’t care about color but when I actually wore them I thought they looked like shit and they clashed with everything. Tried to spray paint them but that wore off and they still looked shitty.

Also, with the old sole pattern if the sole wasn’t gum rubber the grip sucked.

I low-key fuck with these, they’re kinda dope

Bitchardo Scantron

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2020, 04:59:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Emerica Mcnally. I actually loved them at the time, and I still think they're kinda sick in a f*cked up way. I definitely did not wear the straps like that. Skated them to hell and still have them at my moms house.
[close]

I’m gonna go on record and say those are nice. Love the Jordan color way.

These were the worst skating shoes I ever had:

I broke my leg in these things and the paramedics wanted to cut them off (my foot was 90 degrees) and I told them no cause they still had tread.

Who would wear shoes again after focusing their leg?
[close]

My buddy growing up only rocked Saviers, he’d skate a pair for damn near a year and they’d still be in tact. Haha

I really liked Savier, they were great shoes. I had the O’connors in tan and they weren’t the best looking but maybe the most comfortable skate shoe I’ve ever had

fitnewsole

• FitNewSole avatar image
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2020, 05:05:59 PM »

Bitchardo Scantron

« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2020, 05:06:37 PM »

BelknappBruiser

• Rep: 26
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2020, 10:21:06 AM »

Bought three pairs of these recently because they were cheap, ugly and associated with Jake Duncombe... These are gonna be worth big bucks one day!!

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2020, 10:26:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You just unlocked another long repressed memory. I also had some of those Vaiders(Blue) that I paired with Krew slims to complete the look
[close]
How'd they skate?

I don't think I ever saw anyone skate a pair in real life. I think even online I saw someone on a Ride Channel how-to skate them
[close]

I had a pair of the Vaider in that real resistant “Supra Tuff” material on the toe cap and collar. They had the classic supra vulc sole of the time, so the soles were great from a skating perspective. The Tuff stuff made the shoe like a stiffer feeling Skytop I. I like the skytop as a skate shoe as it’s got a great toe box shape and silhouette (the lower portion anyway).

I also had those Ronald McDonald coloured Lakai’s too. They were sold to me by a friend. I should have just set fire to them in retrospect.
[close]
The sole peeled off of mine, but Supra made some good shoes for a while. The last pair I skated were either Skytop 3’s or Stacks
[close]

I’ve had more bad luck with Supra than good experiences but, when I was in HS this guy had Skytop 3s and skated them for what felt like a whole year.
[close]
Just finished skating a pair of Vaiders and the sole wore through so much that I sprained my big toe upwards coming down a bowl after a bs 50-50. I only had the shoes about 2-3 weeks at the time and was mainly skating transition.

Yep I’ve always loved their vulc sole when I swap out the insoles for meatier ones but the sole tread wears down AND through quite quickly. The only decent Supra sole that has any longevity that I’ve ever had were the strange ones the Hammer have.

Oh and if you, the other poster,  were talking about those Lakais sole peeling off- this is exactly what happened to my pair. The white rubber band of the sole just peeled off like a bad sticky back plastic- as if it wasn’t part of the binding process betwixt sole and upper and is instead a cute decorative feature.

Back on topic:

These are heinous but I adored them at the time. I still have the silly box they came in

I tried to buy Bam Adio shoes shortly after this and instead had to settle for these:

I don’t know if I’m happy about that all these years later.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 10:32:09 AM by poor alice »
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2020, 10:33:49 AM »

Bought three pairs of these recently because they were cheap, ugly and associated with Jake Duncombe... These are gonna be worth big bucks one day!!

These look like you made them using bits of carpet and pipe cleaners along with a low quality photo of the actual shoe as reference.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Uncle Poseur

• Rep: 8
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2020, 05:47:02 PM »

"Hold my beer"
--Airwalk circa '89

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2020, 05:57:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Emerica Mcnally. I actually loved them at the time, and I still think they're kinda sick in a f*cked up way. I definitely did not wear the straps like that. Skated them to hell and still have them at my moms house.
[close]

I broke my leg in these things and the paramedics wanted to cut them off (my foot was 90 degrees) and I told them no cause they still had tread.

[close]

My buddy growing up only rocked Saviers, he’d skate a pair for damn near a year and they’d still be in tact. Haha
[close]

I really liked Savier, they were great shoes. I had the O’connors in tan and they weren’t the best looking but maybe the most comfortable skate shoe I’ve ever had

dude yes! had the brad staba and the tim o Connor ones. still some of my favorite shoes I’ve ever had.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Bata

• Rep: -73
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2020, 10:41:42 PM »
do u like this pair

Honestly yes I think they are playful and fun and I equate dunks to pokemon so that's like the Miltank of dunks and Miltank was really overpowered plus I love Ben and Jerrys icecream so yeah those ugly things go.

Not sure what kind of sick person would make this kind of thread my eyes are burning.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2020, 11:25:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

dude yes! had the brad staba and the tim o Connor ones. still some of my favorite shoes I’ve ever had.
I still have kept a pair if these, but in the white colourway.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2020, 12:15:04 PM »

Uncle Poseur

• Rep: 8
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2020, 05:00:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I just spit my coffee out

LOL, Airwalks were so fucking rad. I remember when Hawk used to wear those shits and everybody wanted some.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2020, 09:45:50 PM »

Ehhhh... No
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

Burnerboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2020, 09:32:05 PM »
I was 13. I went to buy some new shoes at the local.... Journeys... When I exited the mall from the opposite side of the building that I was dropped off at, I saw a giant vert ramp and motocross jumps in the parking lot. Apparently the day I chose to cop some fresh new DCs was also the day of some skate/ extreme sports tour put on by Journeys back in those days. Was a big fan of Rob and Big at that age so was stoked to get these bad boys signed by Rob Dyrdek himself. I'm also fairly certain that this was the same event that Ryan Gallant talked about on his nine club where he wrote "fuck mallshops" on his board and got kicked off DC.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 11:53:38 PM by Burnerboy69 »

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2020, 12:51:47 AM »

"Hold my beer"
--Airwalk circa '89

These rule!

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2020, 09:05:16 PM »
Expand Quote
I guess I blocked this from my memory; someone gave me a pair of the DVS Jason Dills in white with a gum sole. I think I wore them twice. I can’t find a picture of the color way but you can imagine what they looked like

[close]

I still find it hilarious that Dill saw a pair of prada sneakers and was determined to a) make them even more ugly and b) somehow make them into a "skate shoe".

DVS just blew in general, but damn these are uglier than I remember.

Yall trippin, the grey colorway were one of the swankiest shoes to drop in the history of skateboarding

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2020, 12:29:40 PM »

"Hold my beer"
--Airwalk circa '89
I remember when these came out. They were just as fucking ugly 31 years ago.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1143
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2020, 12:46:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I guess I blocked this from my memory; someone gave me a pair of the DVS Jason Dills in white with a gum sole. I think I wore them twice. I can’t find a picture of the color way but you can imagine what they looked like

[close]

I still find it hilarious that Dill saw a pair of prada sneakers and was determined to a) make them even more ugly and b) somehow make them into a "skate shoe".

[close]

Yall trippin, the grey colorway were one of the swankiest shoes to drop in the history of skateboarding

I would buy these right now.

Sona

• Rep: -82
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2020, 12:56:46 PM »

For sure these i should have just kept them white
~

FROTHY

« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2020, 12:57:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I would buy these right now.
Those Dills were sick. I agree on the swank level of the gray colorway. I don't have a photo but Lurker Lou rode them in this:

LiveFromTheCreek

« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2020, 02:18:50 PM »

For sure these i should have just kept them white

This hurts my soul dude

Why u do dat

Sona

• Rep: -82
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2020, 02:27:14 PM »
To troll people on niketalk