Author Topic: Post Your Ugliest Shoes  (Read 7947 times)

JudoOrigami

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -90
Re: Post Your Ugliest Shoes
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2020, 09:46:35 PM »
Expand Quote
I had some dark blue suede superskates that I got from an adidas outlet in 2005/2006. They were pretty good

I also had these big blue leather t-19 Dunks. I got a lot of shit for rocking these ones
[close]

Those are nice compared to these:

Got these for $50 at Pacific Drive. This is the shit Nike forces skate shops to take.

Looks like Nike was trying to do a hit on skateboarding and it ultimately backfired

RossDailey

• Rep: -53
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2020, 10:20:42 PM »

I had these monstrosities when I was younger

JudoOrigami

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2020, 11:36:41 PM »
this thread should have seen way more action why are you guys so scared to post your ugly shoes I know u have them

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2020, 12:23:20 AM »
I always had the best shoes. That said, my ex bought me these for my birthday and I never wore them. Couldn’t do it.

Tell Niggas Suck A Frank

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2020, 12:29:58 AM »
When I was dead broke I skated so many ugly shoes from Marshall's and Ross cuz I couldn't afford anything else lol

Mostly shitty colorways of Janoskis and Koston 1s

Real shit tho, a lot of ugly shoes can be easily fixed with a lil spray paint

JudoOrigami

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2020, 12:35:25 AM »
I always had the best shoes. That said, my ex bought me these for my birthday and I never wore them. Couldn’t do it.

WE HAVE A WINNER

JudoOrigami

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2020, 12:36:37 AM »
goddamn those are fucking disgusting hope you dumped that chick shortly after she obviously wasnt a keeper

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2020, 07:05:06 AM »
When I was dead broke I skated so many ugly shoes from Marshall's and Ross cuz I couldn't afford anything else lol

I bought some shoes with a wack colorway big cheap and I want to just spray them white... is there a method to it or do u just tape shit up and go for it

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2020, 07:37:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I bought some shoes with a wack colorway big cheap and I want to just spray them white... is there a method to it or do u just tape shit up and go for it
what material? Canvas? Or suede

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2020, 08:13:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

suede

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2020, 07:41:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

suede
dont spray paint suede id tape off the midsole and use some angelus paint

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2020, 08:25:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Was searching for some shoes I had in the past and found this vid of some adidas super skates

Same colorway also lol
[close]

lol i had these
guilty:

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2020, 11:32:34 PM »

Two pairs, second hand. Beggars can't be choosers, I guess?

The concessions you make if something's free. Classic SBs were great for skating, though.

Couldn't find a picture but these Emerica Scales in white. Apart from looking like off-brand "skate" shoes, they were at least half a size too small.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • the moon rules
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2020, 11:42:34 PM »
I guess I blocked this from my memory; someone gave me a pair of the DVS Jason Dills in white with a gum sole. I think I wore them twice. I can’t find a picture of the color way but you can imagine what they looked like

fuck you bama

Arto Saari

• Rep: 33
  • hasta la vista.. bear
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2020, 11:51:12 PM »

Emerica Mcnally. I actually loved them at the time, and I still think they're kinda sick in a f*cked up way. I definitely did not wear the straps like that. Skated them to hell and still have them at my moms house.

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2020, 02:20:27 AM »
I guess I blocked this from my memory; someone gave me a pair of the DVS Jason Dills in white with a gum sole. I think I wore them twice. I can’t find a picture of the color way but you can imagine what they looked like

I still find it hilarious that Dill saw a pair of prada sneakers and was determined to a) make them even more ugly and b) somehow make them into a "skate shoe".

DVS just blew in general, but damn these are uglier than I remember.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2020, 04:04:50 AM »

Emerica Mcnally. I actually loved them at the time, and I still think they're kinda sick in a f*cked up way. I definitely did not wear the straps like that. Skated them to hell and still have them at my moms house.

I’m gonna go on record and say those are nice. Love the Jordan color way.

These were the worst skating shoes I ever had:

I broke my leg in these things and the paramedics wanted to cut them off (my foot was 90 degrees) and I told them no cause they still had tread.

Who would wear shoes again after focusing their leg?

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2020, 12:12:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m gonna go on record and say those are nice. Love the Jordan color way.

These were the worst skating shoes I ever had:

I broke my leg in these things and the paramedics wanted to cut them off (my foot was 90 degrees) and I told them no cause they still had tread.

Who would wear shoes again after focusing their leg?

My buddy growing up only rocked Saviers, he’d skate a pair for damn near a year and they’d still be in tact. Haha

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2020, 12:43:44 PM »

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2020, 01:11:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I still find it hilarious that Dill saw a pair of prada sneakers and was determined to a) make them even more ugly and b) somehow make them into a "skate shoe".

DVS just blew in general, but damn these are uglier than I remember.

As fucking if this isn't one of the best shoes ever.

Madness.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2020, 03:00:22 PM »
Well I mean if Alf reproducing with a retirement home worker’s shoe is your thing, then sure, they look great!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2020, 05:38:57 PM »

If these had velcro they'd be 100% senior citizen joints.

Two of the ugliest shoes I have skated that come to mind:

Gross, but skated decent once broken in, and nearly indestructible.

Gross, skated terrible, and somehow were very durable. It pissed me off how durable they were because they skated terrible, and kept lasting and I couldn't justify buying new kicks.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2020, 05:39:58 PM »
i hate looking at those tan dills but its hard to stop...
those last vans look like they came straight out of bobby's world

my most recent ragrets from the 2010s:

Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2020, 01:42:30 AM »
You just unlocked another long repressed memory. I also had some of those Vaiders(Blue) that I paired with Krew slims to complete the look
fuck you bama

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2020, 02:09:28 AM »
You just unlocked another long repressed memory. I also had some of those Vaiders(Blue) that I paired with Krew slims to complete the look
How'd they skate?

I don't think I ever saw anyone skate a pair in real life. I think even online I saw someone on a Ride Channel how-to skate them
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2020, 06:43:04 AM »
Friend of mine used to be flowed by supra and skated a bunch of these. I'd always paint the golden part black. Gold apart, they skated amazing

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2020, 08:33:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How'd they skate?

I don't think I ever saw anyone skate a pair in real life. I think even online I saw someone on a Ride Channel how-to skate them

I had a pair of the Vaider in that real resistant “Supra Tuff” material on the toe cap and collar. They had the classic supra vulc sole of the time, so the soles were great from a skating perspective. The Tuff stuff made the shoe like a stiffer feeling Skytop I. I like the skytop as a skate shoe as it’s got a great toe box shape and silhouette (the lower portion anyway).

I also had those Ronald McDonald coloured Lakai’s too. They were sold to me by a friend. I should have just set fire to them in retrospect.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2020, 02:38:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
How'd they skate?

[close]

I had a pair of the Vaider in that real resistant “Supra Tuff” material on the toe cap and collar. They had the classic supra vulc sole of the time, so the soles were great from a skating perspective. The Tuff stuff made the shoe like a stiffer feeling Skytop I. I like the skytop as a skate shoe as it’s got a great toe box shape and silhouette (the lower portion anyway).

I also had those Ronald McDonald coloured Lakai’s too. They were sold to me by a friend. I should have just set fire to them in retrospect.
The sole peeled off of mine, but Supra made some good shoes for a while. The last pair I skated were either Skytop 3’s or Stacks
fuck you bama

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2020, 03:16:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
How'd they skate?

[close]

[close]
The sole peeled off of mine, but Supra made some good shoes for a while. The last pair I skated were either Skytop 3’s or Stacks

I’ve had more bad luck with Supra than good experiences but, when I was in HS this guy had Skytop 3s and skated them for what felt like a whole year.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2020, 03:41:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
How'd they skate?

[close]

[close]
[close]

I’ve had more bad luck with Supra than good experiences but, when I was in HS this guy had Skytop 3s and skated them for what felt like a whole year.
The only other bad pair that I had were the Ellingtons that got brought over from Emerica. It was their first run of shoes and the suede wasn’t up for the wear and tear of skating. I blew out both shoes within the first week of skating them
fuck you bama