Author Topic: Where should Vans trim the Fat ?  (Read 9865 times)

Circaskater420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Where should Vans trim the Fat ?
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2020, 10:35:12 PM »
Leon Chapdelaine

@lunchtraylipslide on instagram

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2020, 10:41:31 PM »
Fat is where the flavor is though baby.

Ettiene Gagne, Justin Henry, Josh Borden, and Dustin Henry are all very good. Fuckin use the goddamn youtubes bro. Get familiar.

Don't make me type what none of you want to read but it involves someone who had a shoe release with Vans very recently.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 10:43:06 PM by TurdyBird »
The chillest1

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2020, 10:43:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cut everyone but Cab, Cardiel, and Crockett

The 3 C’s will carry the brand forward for years to come.

Also the only shoes Vans makes now are authentics and half-cabs
[close]

Yeah, let's stop paying hard working pros like Chima to make sure that a dude that hasn't stepped foot on a board in almost 2 decades can get taken care of him the rest of his life without doing shit so he can ride a fixed gear bike around SF.
[close]

You mother fucker...
That’s it, I’m calling the cops.
[close]

You're only mad cuz you know it's true.  If you think that because someone did some cool tricks on a wheelie toy a lifetime ago they deserve to get paid for the rest of their life then you're fucking out of you're mind.
[close]
i know it’s probably really hard to understand how value works from a branding perspective when you’ve only ever worked at a meat packing plant or shaking cans of paint, but seeing as you’re on slap, it can be assumed you have at least some access to the internet. now that most countries are severely slowed, you probably have a decent amount of time on your hands. maybe use that time to learn about how valuation works from an economic perspective. might make you a tad less bitter, and wouldn’t that feel good?
[close]

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm not bitter at all, just shooting the shit. I'm all of a sudden working in a meat plant now? Sick. If you don't fucking skate any more get a fucking job (maybe spray painting meat or whatever you're going on about). Pull a kirchart and stop living in the past and milking you're glory days. What value does Cardiel bring to the table besides street cred? I'm only mentioning cardiel because he said that all the hard working pros who actually work hard to put out content and actually add value/promote the brand to support this dude that's not even a skater any more.

Seriously the cops are coming. I told them you didn’t hail cardiel.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2020, 11:17:48 PM »
just cut the surf bullshit- why should they cut their team anyway? all big shoe corpos have huge teams (nike, adidas, cons, NB)

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2020, 11:42:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, let's stop paying hard working pros like Chima to make sure that a dude that hasn't stepped foot on a board in almost 2 decades can get taken care of him the rest of his life without doing shit so he can ride a fixed gear bike around SF.
[close]

You mother fucker...
[close]

You're only mad cuz you know it's true.  If you think that because someone did some cool tricks on a wheelie toy a lifetime ago they deserve to get paid for the rest of their life then you're fucking out of you're mind.
[close]
i know it’s probably really hard to understand how value works from a branding perspective when you’ve only ever worked at a meat packing plant or shaking cans of paint, but seeing as you’re on slap, it can be assumed you have at least some access to the internet. now that most countries are severely slowed, you probably have a decent amount of time on your hands. maybe use that time to learn about how valuation works from an economic perspective. might make you a tad less bitter, and wouldn’t that feel good?
[close]

What the fuck are you talking about? I'm not bitter at all, just shooting the shit. I'm all of a sudden working in a meat plant now? Sick. If you don't fucking skate any more get a fucking job (maybe spray painting meat or whatever you're going on about). Pull a kirchart and stop living in the past and milking you're glory days. What value does Cardiel bring to the table besides street cred? I'm only mentioning cardiel because he said that all the hard working pros who actually work hard to put out content and actually add value/promote the brand to support this dude that's not even a skater any more.
on second thought, don’t bother learning, reading for comprehension doesn’t seem to really work for you. maybe just bury your head in sand like your moniker denotes. bliss out friend. 

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2020, 12:22:57 AM »
i like how they put austin kanfoush (butchered the spelling my bad..) and corey glick on the team page. roman pabich kills it too!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2020, 12:50:41 AM »
i like how they put austin kanfoush (butchered the spelling my bad..) and corey glick on the team page. roman pabich kills it too!
That's exactly right.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

computerdate

• Rep: 18
  • I hope they keep down the price of gas
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2020, 01:01:27 AM »
They should just cut their entire surf team. Surfers don’t need shoes. You ever tried surfing in some Half Cabs? Trust me it sucks

Brguy

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2020, 01:26:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You mother fucker...
[close]

[close]
[close]

Street cred is a lot when you make your money from sales.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2020, 06:27:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You mother fucker...
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Street cred is a lot when you make your money from sales.

You must Hail Cardiel till the day you die as a skateboarder.

God knows I’m not hailing Koston.

But I would salute Freddy

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2020, 06:42:09 AM »
Cut Hosoi.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2020, 06:47:14 AM »

Out_of_Step

• Rep: 2
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2020, 06:50:03 AM »
Outside of the guys who have their own shoes, how much do you think the rest of them make on average?
Also, who's model sells the best these days?

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2020, 06:53:52 AM »
Half-Cabs definitely still sell well. Great shoe

BrockSamson

• Rep: 3
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2020, 06:54:50 AM »
Outside of the guys who have their own shoes, how much do you think the rest of them make on average?
i assume it's still cab. out of the actual current pros I see a lot of non skaters wearing Chima's shoe.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2020, 06:55:06 AM »
They just gave AA a damn shoe....I don't think trimming fat is in their marketing plan....

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2020, 07:17:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just looked on the website, people on the team I’ve never heard of -

Chris Russel
[close]

Dude is the worst but he kills it at those vans contests so he's not going anywhere. TNT has been coasting since in bloom and is a piece of shit. Dan Lu was awesome in brain wash and then he started wearing size 46 pants and wearing Bill Cosby sweaters. AVE is sick but probably doesn't even skate anymore and neither does Dill. They should get rid of half the team and start over.
[close]

Dill has been on adidias for a bit.
[close]

Also AVE rips
No shit. Dude obviously doesn't check AVE'S insta

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2020, 07:25:42 AM »

It seems that Vans flies their most selling pros out to the north shore surf event for a Week or two every year including family- chima's been there ever since he had a first pro shoe and said in an interview that his first model was the best selling vans shoe for some time! Very hyped since i love to see chima skate ever since

winecrab

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2020, 07:29:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i assume it's still cab. out of the actual current pros I see a lot of non skaters wearing Chima's shoe.

Never buying that motherfuckers shoes again. This is his first shoe after a week even with shoe goo applied and I don't even skate flatground. I haven't skated vans since but I wanna give them a shot again. Which of their shoes last more than a month? Preferably cupsoles.

[/url] [/img]

D10S

• Rep: -59
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2020, 07:44:08 AM »
cut the surfers and snowboarders

keep the skaters and bmxers, you know the teams that actually use the fucking shoes...

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 820
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2020, 07:44:25 AM »
I'm guessing the US site is different than the French one. As here they list them as pro's , signatures, amateurs, legends, and euro.

Bit fucked that Lizzie marked as an amateur.

Tony Hawk showed up at first (signature) but disappears when you start scrolling...

Vans sort your shit.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 820
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2020, 07:45:18 AM »
cut the surfers and snowboarders

keep the skaters and bmxers, you know the teams that actually use the fucking shoes...
The snowboard boots are great and they sell tonnes over here in Europe.

Kolostrum

• Rep: 21
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2020, 08:06:31 AM »
You guys are fucking burnt. Scrap the entire skate program, its a urban/hip hop/rapper brand now anyways.

One photo of kanye in a pair of vans will do more for $ales than the skate program ever could.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2020, 08:31:29 AM »
You guys are fucking burnt. Scrap the entire skate program, its a urban/hip hop/rapper brand now anyways.

One photo of kanye in a pair of vans will do more for $ales than the skate program ever could.

focus your account

spanyard

• Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2020, 08:33:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks like someone's wiener wallet "accidentally" let Cards inside said wallet.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:35:44 AM by spanyard »

winecrab

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2020, 08:42:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Looks like someone's wiener wallet "accidentally" let Cards inside said wallet.

Nah, I just don't care about a dude that's supposed to be 100% skater but choses to ride around on a bike instead of at least cruising on a board.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2020, 08:48:04 AM »
Cut Hosoi.

U expect that Cunt to go barefoot to church and to film his kid staying?

DaCeLeRyMaN

• Rep: -12
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2020, 09:01:43 AM »
AVE still fucking rips, TNT on the other hand is a complete turd. I don’t see the appeal of that Tyson Peterson fella either.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2020, 09:18:24 AM »
Executives.

Kastel TM

• Rep: 2
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2020, 09:25:27 AM »
TNT - wife beater