Author Topic: Sick Boys  (Read 1858 times)

Deputy Wendell

Sick Boys
« on: April 24, 2020, 11:54:23 AM »

it looks like this has never been a thread, and it should be--there can't be enough of these threads on important videos from back in other days. i know my friends and i were stoked on this at one point, and if nothing else, i haven't watched it in a while, and this is a reminder to do so.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
Re: Sick Boys
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 01:39:34 PM »

it looks like this has never been a thread, and it should be--there can't be enough of these threads on important videos from back in other days. i know my friends and i were stoked on this at one point, and if nothing else, i haven't watched it in a while, and this is a reminder to do so.

I watched this whole vid the other day again after bringing it up in the classic video thread. Some great early Julien footage. I'd forgotten that the entire thing is voiced over, and man some a lot of it is bad
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

curbslayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
  • How dose the board stick to their feet ?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »
"Julien !!"

this vid was for sale at my local for years and years. one day the owner just gave it to me. me and the homies would watched it over and over, and this was in like 06. the wall ride section is so good! made me love skating in a different way. it was so much different than anything going on at the time i watched it. 

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 04:08:09 PM »
Was thinking about this recently. Thanks for posting!

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 07:47:41 AM »
"Julien !!"

this vid was for sale at my local for years and years. one day the owner just gave it to me. me and the homies would watched it over and over, and this was in like 06. the wall ride section is so good! made me love skating in a different way. it was so much different than anything going on at the time i watched it.

this is cool to hear--the wallride section definitely lit a fire under our asses as youngsters, but i also went out and learned hurricanes because of this too...i was 17 when it came out, and it was important for the street skating more than anything to us. i think that Julien Stranger's front board on that Mission rail is one of the most iconic front-boards ever. in fact, i had an aqua-colored Thasher tshirt with that on it, that i wore out. i fucking love this shit right here too...

lots of sick music (and bad music too), and although the narration is pretty corny in places (it's the late 1980s dudes), there's also some classic foolishness--my friends and i (funny to say, including Joe Brook) and around the shop i helped run at the time, we used to walk around in a high, shaky voice saying "we're everywhere...look at every wall...there are wheel marks everywhere...all over the world everyone does railings...grind every curb...skate 'til you die," from that segment towards the end with Danny Sargent--who was a peer in the new generation...

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 07:48:45 AM »
Was thinking about this recently. Thanks for posting!

cheers man

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 05:40:01 AM »
I'm watching this for the first time and it's incredible.   So much great Natas  &  TG footage, great to see street footage from this time that wasnt linked to a branded skate video.  Can't believe i've never seen it.  And who the hell is Brandon Chapman at around the 23 minute mark doing huge ollies?

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 02:44:47 PM »
I'm watching this for the first time and it's incredible.   So much great Natas  &  TG footage, great to see street footage from this time that wasnt linked to a branded skate video.  Can't believe i've never seen it.  And who the hell is Brandon Chapman at around the 23 minute mark doing huge ollies?

Brandon Chapman ended up having a pro board on Santa Monica Airlines later on..the NHS version, not the Rocco version.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 02:56:17 PM »

Since you're exploring the old school vids, Brandon Chapman shared a really good part in Public Domain (Powell Peralta) with Frankie Hill and Jake Bradley. He was pretty rad for the time!
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

animalflesh

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2021, 03:01:55 PM »
Wow sick boys, this video was the shit

Wasn’t ricky Winsor in this one?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1056
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2021, 06:31:03 PM »
I could see some kids today just not understanding what is going on, but from being in that era, even skating half the places and spots would have been amazing, to say the least.

Pretty cool to see it again too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2021, 06:57:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Since you're exploring the old school vids, Brandon Chapman shared a really good part in Public Domain (Powell Peralta) with Frankie Hill and Jake Bradley. He was pretty rad for the time!

Shit, I know that part.  Dude rips, keen to dig up more footage of him

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2021, 07:01:53 PM »
love popping this video in and watching old bay area spots get skated. i forget some spots like the hook are close by.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2021, 12:13:07 PM »
Damn. I saw this once at some dude from the skateparks house in the very ealry 90’s  and pretty much forgot it existed. 

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2021, 04:19:57 PM »
bumping this classic

kimura

• Rep: 15
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 05:53:24 PM »
I just watched this. Havent seen it since it dropped years ago.

Streets On Fire by Santa Cruz is another good one. 1989ish

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2021, 11:48:35 PM »
I just watched this. Havent seen it since it dropped years ago.

Streets On Fire by Santa Cruz is another good one. 1989ish

Streets of fire is a big one for me. Had the vhs when it came out and watched it allot. Even though homie pokus had more current stuff I really liked SoF for what it was.

In 2000 I was traveling in the USA , I’m an Aussie , and went to derby in its original state. Fuck it was a shit park.I’ve skated shit. But this was probably the shitest.  Made any footage or photos I’d seen from there even more rad.