Author Topic: UNEMPLOYMENT  (Read 1232 times)

tension

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
UNEMPLOYMENT
« on: May 07, 2020, 07:00:37 AM »
Anyone else on this government fund due to Covid? Ive been calling non stopped trying to talk to a human because there was an undisclosed problem with my claim... anyone else able to get through or struggling like me?
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: UNEMPLOYMENT
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 10:15:04 AM »
I got laid off in early March and applied immediately. Still haven't gotten a cent because my claim is in adjudication. I do a bit of freelance so that seems to be the problem. But, I don't make enough from that to pay rent so it's pretty fucked. Why do we pay taxes? Ridiculous.

sn00p

• Rep: 25
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 10:18:16 AM »
I spent days trying to fill everything out on the horrible website that would crash and make me start over again everytime I was done with a particular page of questions. then I completed my weekly claims for three weeks while it was still pending until they denied my claim and I couldn’t read the notice as to why it was denied or get through to anyone to dispute it. that’s when I gave up.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 01:52:51 PM »
I applied back in March when I got sent home. My claim is still under the "submitted-pending" status. This coworker managed to get through to someone on the phone this past Monday. According to them, another 4-7 weeks of waiting. Thankfully I managed to set aside and budget before this so I'm not doing great but not too bad either.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 02:04:09 PM »
anyone else able to get through or struggling like me?

Start calling 10 seconds before they open. My office opens at 7:35 and I started calling at 7:34:50. I was the 5th caller and was put on a call back waitlist. Before that, I would call randomly throughout the day and would never get through.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 02:09:28 PM »
I actually had no issues going through my unemployment. I filed online the same day I was laid off. It did take almost a month to get my first payment though but after that it’s been consistent. They pay me 2 weeks at a time.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1008
  • the moon rules
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 03:15:54 PM »
I filed online a week after I got laid off here in California. My claim was accepted within four days, and I got the EDD debit card a few days after that. I somehow slipped through the cracks and got lucky while others that applied before me still haven’t gotten their claim accepted . It’s been almost two months for them and people are struggling. They pulled people from other government agencies to work the unemployment office, but that’s still a couple thousand people handling close to six million individual claims. Some people have had some luck calling in on the foreign language lines, specifically the Vietnamese number, and being able to get someone on the line. Tomorrow California will enter what they’re calling phase 2, so some will go back to work in limited capacities
fuck you bama

LiveFromTheCreek

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 05:40:33 PM »
Unemployment got me wondering why I ever had a job in the first place because I'm literally making twice as much as I did at work just sitting around not doing shit

Shoutout to the government I'm bout to cash out on new gear, Uber Eats and weed delivery

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1205
  • old and in the way
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 06:02:12 PM »
here in NY the unemployment website is fucked and supposedly not designed for chrome/safari, but if you use internet explorer or Firefox it loads much quicker

stooeylewis

• Rep: 3
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 06:05:31 PM »
ive been laid off since tail end of march and was told i was paid on the edd site. havent seen a dime until today. card finally showed up with 3600 on it. i also filed my taxes feburary first and havent seen my stim check yet so hoping its coming soon. hope everyone laid off gets their payment.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 07:26:52 PM »
I spent days trying to fill everything out on the horrible website that would crash and make me start over again everytime I was done with a particular page of questions. then I completed my weekly claims for three weeks while it was still pending until they denied my claim and I couldn’t read the notice as to why it was denied or get through to anyone to dispute it. that’s when I gave up.

I swear it's set up so that a lot of people just give up rather then deal with running in circles trying to fill out paperwork/call through to a human and deal with the process of applying. (Although not sure how simple/hard it is in the states)

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 12:31:33 AM »
This
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 08:16:26 PM »
This is a screenshot of me getting on unemployment in March in NYC, it took 3 days of morning to night calls to get through but then I did (all 3 numbers are unemployment lines). I don’t even blame them honestly they’ve never experienced a 1000% increase overnight.

Never been on unemployment before. with the extra $600 its dope. Without it definitely not enough to live. Anyway I got my job back 3 weeks later that pays only slightly more than I was making on unemployment. It hurts, but I ain’t a bum and who knows if my job would be there for me if I waited until June when the stimulus $600 stops, so I’m back to work.

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 08:59:51 PM »
was working for 6 months before this hit. I dont have CA ID, but I live in CA, have bank account, and they have been been taking taxes from my check.. I aplied end of march still nothing. Im I think maybe I should move back to Chicago if I get denied. I feel like im just giving my savings away to the landlord.

Tried going into EDD website, its down.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2020, 09:57:45 PM »
I could’ve stayed on unemployment and filmed a full part. Instead of trying to get my legs to work exhausted after long work days. I might think about this decision the rest of my life.

Sona

• Rep: -82
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2020, 12:46:02 AM »
I'm an expert whats the question
~

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2020, 02:28:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I swear it's set up so that a lot of people just give up rather then deal with running in circles trying to fill out paperwork/call through to a human and deal with the process of applying. (Although not sure how simple/hard it is in the states)

This is where I’m at right now. The one time I got through to a real person they couldn’t help me, and genuinely apologized for having to refer me to the line that’s been down. I’m not getting my stimulus either because apparently I input that I’m being claimed as a dependent (I am not being claimed and didn’t put that in my tax return). My only option is to refile next year as an independent and I’ll get it then. I’m broke as fuck, out of work, and scared right now and can’t even get a god damn person on the phone to try to help.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2020, 03:38:05 PM »
Unenjoyment really likes to fuck you outta your mind.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2020, 04:12:38 PM »
Unemployment got me wondering why I ever had a job in the first place because I'm literally making twice as much as I did at work just sitting around not doing shit

Shoutout to the government I'm bout to cash out on new gear, Uber Eats and weed delivery

This is actually a good thing. Money back into the economy.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.