Author Topic: Favourite European decks brands  (Read 7427 times)

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Favourite European decks brands
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2020, 05:04:20 PM »
National
Isle

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2020, 05:06:35 PM »
I want to like Antiz, but their wood is shit.

Quite ironically, I'm pretty sure Antiz is Jart wood, or at least was for a period of time.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2020, 05:56:40 PM »
Death Box

Wind Service, Geneva, Switzerland shop decks

professor pound cake

• Rep: 4
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2020, 06:35:14 PM »
blueprint was dopeski also popwar, i ended up selling a popwar to a fella in spain hee hee

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2020, 06:52:32 PM »
Polar is what I skate and Sour is best team out anywhere

the_sandlot

• Rep: 6
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2020, 09:48:50 PM »
skate café is pretty dope.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2020, 12:38:17 AM »
Sour
Magenta
Isle
Polar
Café
The National
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

gyros4heroes

• Rep: -27
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2020, 01:26:07 AM »
LOVER

shingles

• Rep: -61
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2020, 01:27:41 AM »
BLAST
support your local ramp-tramp

must be nice

• Rep: 8
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2020, 01:35:50 AM »
ive ridden one isle tom knox board and it was presumably china wood. skateshop bargain bin.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2020, 01:54:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Quite ironically, I'm pretty sure Antiz is Jart wood, or at least was for a period of time.
Not since at least 4 or 5 years. Now it's china wood (not dwindle).
Fun fact, I heard that Isle wanted to be manufactured by HLC at first, but it seems that HLC owners weren't interested because Isle was too small or something...

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2020, 02:41:05 AM »
Jart is wack, and it has been for a long time.

I'm surprised that they got the distribution right for EU of a lot of legit brands, including Habitat and SkateMafia.

I personally like:

Blast, DUMB, Magenta, Antiz and I've always been a great fan of Panic/Blueprint back then.

There are a lot more worth mentioning.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

juras

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2020, 02:53:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No man, Antiz was from China and now last series is probably from Mexico. Jart is Spain brand. Check this site - https://hlcdist.com/hlc-company

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2020, 03:01:19 AM »
Alai (RIP)
Blueprint (RIP)
Isle
Polar
Heroin
Sour

Talking about Jart, I don't like their art direction and other brands that they have. But they're skate owned (Iraola brothers) and their wood has really good quality for their price. They actually manufacture boards for Sour, National and many other brands.

I don't get why they don't hire a good art director and a couple of designers to reboot the brand.

NBD4ABD

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2020, 03:02:28 AM »
Deathbox

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2020, 03:31:53 AM »
Alai (RIP)
Blueprint (RIP)
Isle
Polar
Heroin
Sour

Talking about Jart, I don't like their art direction and other brands that they have. But they're skate owned (Iraola brothers) and their wood has really good quality for their price. They actually manufacture boards for Sour, National and many other brands.

I don't get why they don't hire a good art director and a couple of designers to reboot the brand.

Their wood has been shit for years, worst quality standards, even for a EU company. Sorry bud.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2020, 03:34:30 AM »
Frank and Cliche.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 57
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2020, 03:34:43 AM »
Isle and polar all day. Love the Sour videos and team but I still can't get my head around how weak and unfitting the name and logo is. If I'm honest it sounds like something I'd call my skate crew in 5th grade and I don't think I could wear tees/caps that say sour. And they should 100% drop those cheap looking square logo decks, they're better than that.. Sorry not sorry

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2020, 03:44:34 AM »
Are Euro brands (besides polar) a thing in us skateshops?
I’m in the US. My shop carries Magenta, Isle, and Palace and they sell well. Polar is the most popular of course.

My fav current Euro brands are Polar, Isle, Magenta, and Sour. Don’t care much for Palace as a brand but the team and their videos are undeniably good.
Blueprint was awesome.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 03:48:25 AM by Pappy Jones »

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2020, 04:05:08 AM »
Are Euro brands (besides polar) a thing in us skateshops?

It's a thing pretty much anywhere except for a bunch of US shops. I've seen Euro stuff all over from parts of Asia, all the way to Australia and NZ

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2020, 04:08:55 AM »
Jart is wack, and it has been for a long time.

I'm surprised that they got the distribution right for EU of a lot of legit brands, including Habitat and SkateMafia.

I personally like:

Blast, DUMB, Magenta, Antiz and I've always been a great fan of Panic/Blueprint back then.

There are a lot more worth mentioning.

Their woodshop is great though. Habitiat euro boards are pressed there. HLC wood. I rode two National Board Co. decks last year and would love to get a few more. I mostly skate BBS. HLC is slightly heavier but also tougher but i'd have no problem completely switching if their boards were stocked here more often.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2020, 04:18:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Not since at least 4 or 5 years. Now it's china wood (not dwindle).
Fun fact, I heard that Isle wanted to be manufactured by HLC at first, but it seems that HLC owners weren't interested because Isle was too small or something...

I stand corrected, my 'guess' was from chatting with the owner and when it came to talking production, suddenly he tried to change subjects and all he could muster to say was 'well there are only so many production places for decks in Europe...' with quite the unsatisfied look on his face. Not surprised they switched eventually, even to Dwindle. That was many years ago, so the dates would match.

Then later that night some local kid approached the owner to compliment his part in 'Diagonal', especially praising 'that one kickflip back tail kickflip out, by far the best trick of the entire section' which is in fact Vivien Feil's guest trick.

Expand Quote
No man, Antiz was from China and now last series is probably from Mexico. Jart is Spain brand. Check this site - https://hlcdist.com/hlc-company
[close]

Yeah I know Jart is Spanish but they've printed boards for other European companies since their inception, even in their first year of existence they were already making decks for Hessenmob (which was German) and then quickly picked up some others. Although to be honest, I don't really keep up with all the factory moves as I'm strictly into Generator wood and don't care much for the rest.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 829
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2020, 05:37:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Alai (RIP)
Blueprint (RIP)
Isle
Polar
Heroin
Sour

[close]

Their wood has been shit for years, worst quality standards, even for a EU company. Sorry bud.

i had some jart boards and they were always shitty, but weirdly whenever i got a local polish deck manufactured at hlc they’ve been much much better, i wouldn’t say the wood is that bad

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2020, 05:46:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Alai (RIP)
Blueprint (RIP)
Isle
Polar
Heroin
Sour

[close]

[close]

i had some jart boards and they were always shitty, but weirdly whenever i got a local polish deck manufactured at hlc they’ve been much much better, i wouldn’t say the wood is that bad
I have ridden tons of HLC boards for free or really cheap, and my opinion is that they used to lack consistency between boards. Recent ones are better, but in the past I had really great ones and really shitty ones. I'd rather have a Watson board or BBS, but I've had really shitty BBS and PS Stix too. The value for money is still high on HLC.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2020, 05:47:54 AM »
I also want to like Trap and emillion, but it is the same shitty wood.

why?

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2020, 06:08:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Alai (RIP)
Blueprint (RIP)
Isle
Polar
Heroin
Sour

[close]

[close]

[close]
I have ridden tons of HLC boards for free or really cheap, and my opinion is that they used to lack consistency between boards. Recent ones are better, but in the past I had really great ones and really shitty ones. I'd rather have a Watson board or BBS, but I've had really shitty BBS and PS Stix too. The value for money is still high on HLC.

I forgot to mention in the recent years. In the past they were pretty average but I had one for free last year and it was good considering that I mainly skate BBS decks.

Another interesting thread will be the decks price rises in Europe, i'm starting to see a lot of popsicle decks from 70 to 85 euros

« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 06:13:22 AM by alraunen »

FerranRD

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2020, 12:15:39 PM »
Alai (rip)
Eina
Sour Solution
Magenta

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 853
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2020, 12:48:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Alai (RIP)
Blueprint (RIP)
Isle
Polar
Heroin
Sour

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I forgot to mention in the recent years. In the past they were pretty average but I had one for free last year and it was good considering that I mainly skate BBS decks.

Another interesting thread will be the decks price rises in Europe, i'm starting to see a lot of popsicle decks from 70 to 85 euros

Really? €85 for a popsicle? Where are you? I'm in France and the most I've ever seen is €70 (and that's for US brands).

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2020, 03:06:10 PM »
Active:

Polar
Sour
Palace (I like them, don't care)
Isle
Rassvet
Yardsale
Magenta
Antiz
Rave
Cafe
Poetic

Dead:

Blueprint
Cliche
Witchcraft

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

El Freegano

• Rep: 219
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2020, 03:25:49 AM »
My last deck was Polar and the quality of the wood was TOP. It's a good brand.
I also like:
Yama
Antiz
Death
but I think the most iconical europen based brand was Cliche.