Author Topic: USPS shipping lately  (Read 638 times)

Seventyfrigginseven

USPS shipping lately
« on: June 18, 2020, 07:25:24 AM »
Has anyone else had shipping problems lately? I ordered some stuff from a shop thats probably 10 hours away, and 7 days later it still says "In transit". I know the shop did an amazing job getting it out right away. This morning I noticed there is a disclaimer on the tracking page that says Priority mail might be an extra day or two because of Covid(which is very understandable). It seems odd that it hasn't updated since last Sunday.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
Re: USPS shipping lately
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 07:34:05 AM »
What day was it "accepted" by them? I am tracking a few things right now. Shipping label was created on 6/12. USPS didn't accept until 6/15.

Their service is usually horrible. I once had something "out for delivery", it didn't show which isn't odd, as I was heading to bed I decided to track it to see if there was a note or reason for not dropping. Status had switched from "out for delivery" to "arrived at USPS Burlington, NJ". I live in Delaware, the status before "out for delivery" was "arrived at USPS Wilmington, DE" which is a 3 minute rive from my house.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 07:40:11 AM »
It probably has to do with the unusual volume they're dealing with. Same situation in Canada, I've had unexplained delays with UPS and poste canada.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 07:56:53 AM »
What day was it "accepted" by them? I am tracking a few things right now. Shipping label was created on 6/12. USPS didn't accept until 6/15.

Their service is usually horrible. I once had something "out for delivery", it didn't show which isn't odd, as I was heading to bed I decided to track it to see if there was a note or reason for not dropping. Status had switched from "out for delivery" to "arrived at USPS Burlington, NJ". I live in Delaware, the status before "out for delivery" was "arrived at USPS Wilmington, DE" which is a 3 minute rive from my house.
Label created 6/10
Arrived at facility 6/11
Thanks for the help guys. I have never had a problem with shipping before and I didn't want to overthink it. I also don't want my stuff to be lost, it was a pretty decent order.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 08:00:27 AM »
Yeah man, it’s normal right now. It took like ten days for a package to ship to me from a city that’s less than 5 hours away. Apparently it’s a combination of high mail volume and covid precautions gumming up the works.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Hella Yen

• Rep: 9
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 08:01:42 AM »
USPS is terrible with tracking numbers, less of a tracking system more of a delivery confirmation deal. I sent an item to South Carolina from California and it was never scanned just showed unannounced two weeks after i dropped it off at the post office.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 09:00:21 AM »
Cool thanks alot guys. Another reason it sucks having no local shop(s) Im dependent on delivery companies for everything.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 09:06:43 AM »
Bummer, man. Hopefully you’re not waiting on something you need to skate.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 11:59:03 AM »
Bummer, man. Hopefully you’re not waiting on something you need to skate.
Thanks man, No thankfully I have one set up now. Lately I have been giving away or selling off alot of stuff that I didn't use. There has been alot of interest in skating lately amongst my kids friends and such. Its not 100% noble cause though, as I am trying to get my town to give me some land for a DIY. I know damn well for the majority of these kids it will just be a quick phase. However I figure the more kids skating in this little town this Summer, my chances for a park increase dramatically.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 739
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 12:09:00 PM »
It probably has to do with the unusual volume they're dealing with. Same situation in Canada, I've had unexplained delays with UPS and poste canada.

Yeah, that's my thoughts too - the amount of people relying or maybe just preferring mail ordered products has multiplied by a huge amount.
Turns into a lottery pick! Some shit you order arrives mad quick from far away; some shit mad long from one state over.

I'm an ebay shark, so I've seen a lot of odd changes. Shipping trackers are a little outta whack too - there's a lot of delay that doesn't get accounted for.
Anyway best of luck with your goods homies! Just more waiting every other package or so.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 06:05:26 PM »
Agree with pretty much everyone. The amount of stuff being ordered right now is at a high, similar to holidays. I've noticed that especially through USPS. With that being said, items that are considered essential, have arrived much quicker than others.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 06:52:29 PM »
Agree with pretty much everyone. The amount of stuff being ordered right now is at a high, similar to holidays. I've noticed that especially through USPS. With that being said, items that are considered essential, have arrived much quicker than others.
Thats good to hear the essential stuff is still moving quickly. Im pretty fortunate that all of my online ordering consists of wants and not needs.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2020, 10:15:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thats good to hear the essential stuff is still moving quickly. Im pretty fortunate that all of my online ordering consists of wants and not needs.

Absolutely, I live in a small community and when the pandemic hit, some items were extremely hard to find, like flour, milk, eggs, cleaning products, etc. My wife subscribed us to Thrive Market, it's a paid membership deal but they offer some free shipping when spending certain amount and some things are slightly cheaper, and usually in stock. Stuff like that has been shipped quickly but then again, it's not through USPS, it's usually Fed Ex.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2020, 06:48:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Absolutely, I live in a small community and when the pandemic hit, some items were extremely hard to find, like flour, milk, eggs, cleaning products, etc. My wife subscribed us to Thrive Market, it's a paid membership deal but they offer some free shipping when spending certain amount and some things are slightly cheaper, and usually in stock. Stuff like that has been shipped quickly but then again, it's not through USPS, it's usually Fed Ex.
Same here man, I wish my wife and I had heard of Thrive. That would of been very convenient for sure. My closest supermarket is an hour away, so when our general store gets low its quite a haul to civilization.
Also my USPS stuff came this morning. 8 days it was "in transit" and then it magically appeared at my little PO in the middle of nowhere.