Author Topic: Johan Stuckey Cancelled  (Read 122412 times)

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
    • My Wife avatar image
Re: Johan Stuckey Cancelled
« Reply #540 on: July 03, 2020, 10:51:55 AM »
I do find it weird that ppl are like, "That's not what we're talking about here. This is what we're talking about." Who decides that? It's a general thread about a news story, why not talk about all facets of it?🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Spacetravelisboring

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #541 on: July 03, 2020, 10:52:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
But the woman in question also needs to be mentioned because she decided to have unsafe sex with another adult.
[close]
No, no she doesn’t.
Because regardless on whether she said yes or no to the sex the end result is still the same: Johan lied about having herpes, an STD he knew he had, for the purpose of unprotected sex. Even if she would have said no the end result would have still been him coming out looking like a total creep for even having that intent in the first place. If the end result is still the same regardless on whether she said yes or no then why does the fact that she said yes even matter? Just to shame the girl for making a decision she is going to regret forever? Is that the goal here, to shame her? Or was it to put the spotlight on Johan for doing wrong and being a total sleazebag in the first place?   
I asked this in my previous post, but you chose just to respond to the first sentence of it and pretend the rest of the post didn’t exist.     
[close]

I agree bringing up the responsibility of the girl is not relevant, and even a little suspect in that it seems to want to take attention away from the culprit, or suggest both have equal blame. Obviously the end result would be very different had she said no. It's just not that pertinent in this conversation. For what it's worth, I got it despite rubbers.

I was told HPV tests for men don't exist. Is this not true? My former GP told me they cannot be sure I have it and I broke down on the spot as I instantly realized my sex life as I knew it was over. Casual encounters are all but completely ruled out, and even in a more vetted setting or even with a steady girlfriend, everything has to always be wrapped. The doctor actually smirked about this, saying I shouldn't think about it like that. After all, I may not have it, or my body might get rid of it eventually, and even if it doesn't, the science is muddy on whether I could infect others in asymptomatic moments. The link with cervical cancer in women, furthermore, is far from understood completely. Hence I had no obligation to tell sexual partners about this, she said. Millions have it, and many, if not most, still have unprotected sex sometimes. She was visibly surprised that I took the whole thing so seriously. I got pretty mad at her, perhaps unfairly. I changed GPs but my new one agrees with her. I wrote about this in another thread before, and there too, I got similar responses (it's not aids; you don't have to disclose, etc.) but I suspected they were just trying to be nice, like my doctor.
[close]

Are you out of your mind? Of course it's relevant. It's idiotic to trust a stranger with your health. If someone shares a needle because the first person says they're free of any infections would you think it's reasonable to share the needle? No, anyone would say no.

Do you think this is the first time she had unprotected sex with someone she doesn't really know? Doubt it. If someone is willing to play that game sometimes they lose. It's not RESPONSIBLE.  Of course the guy is more blameworthy but to say anything on her part is irrelevant is silly.

Save us Dr.fauci

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #542 on: July 03, 2020, 10:54:28 AM »
The hysteria about STI's is ridiculous. Herpes isn't a big deal, HIV isn't even a big deal anymore. I'd rather have HIV than diabetes. Maybe it's a big deal cost wise in the States but in any other first world country it's easily managed with one pill. How many of you people are out of shape, drink, smoke, eat flesh, and are worried about some cold sores? Even the word "clean" shouldn't be used when asking if someone has an infection.

I don't care if the woman asked him 1000 times, she ended up taking him at his word, a person she didn't really know. That's stupidity.

Nah  herpes and HIV are a big deal. That's such a stupid thing to say.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #543 on: July 03, 2020, 10:56:14 AM »
He'd rather have AIDS than diabetes, that's funny

Storybook Weaver

« Reply #544 on: July 03, 2020, 11:13:04 AM »
This is emily’s current partner.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
« Reply #545 on: July 03, 2020, 11:20:27 AM »
I do find it weird that ppl are like, "That's not what we're talking about here. This is what we're talking about." Who decides that? It's a general thread about a news story, why not talk about all facets of it?🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Some facets are more meaningful than others, and when you're faced with someone relentlessly obsessing over a less meaningful facet (like the decision to have unprotected sex) and ignoring a much more meaningful one (like the decision to lie about an STI in order to persuade a partner to have unprotected sex and then knowingly transmitting to them an STI) you're going to want to point out that perhaps we're not talking about the right thing.

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #546 on: July 03, 2020, 11:23:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
But the woman in question also needs to be mentioned because she decided to have unsafe sex with another adult.
[close]
No, no she doesn’t.
Because regardless on whether she said yes or no to the sex the end result is still the same: Johan lied about having herpes, an STD he knew he had, for the purpose of unprotected sex. Even if she would have said no the end result would have still been him coming out looking like a total creep for even having that intent in the first place. If the end result is still the same regardless on whether she said yes or no then why does the fact that she said yes even matter? Just to shame the girl for making a decision she is going to regret forever? Is that the goal here, to shame her? Or was it to put the spotlight on Johan for doing wrong and being a total sleazebag in the first place?   
I asked this in my previous post, but you chose just to respond to the first sentence of it and pretend the rest of the post didn’t exist.     
[close]

I agree bringing up the responsibility of the girl is not relevant, and even a little suspect in that it seems to want to take attention away from the culprit, or suggest both have equal blame. Obviously the end result would be very different had she said no. It's just not that pertinent in this conversation. For what it's worth, I got it despite rubbers.

I was told HPV tests for men don't exist. Is this not true? My former GP told me they cannot be sure I have it and I broke down on the spot as I instantly realized my sex life as I knew it was over. Casual encounters are all but completely ruled out, and even in a more vetted setting or even with a steady girlfriend, everything has to always be wrapped. The doctor actually smirked about this, saying I shouldn't think about it like that. After all, I may not have it, or my body might get rid of it eventually, and even if it doesn't, the science is muddy on whether I could infect others in asymptomatic moments. The link with cervical cancer in women, furthermore, is far from understood completely. Hence I had no obligation to tell sexual partners about this, she said. Millions have it, and many, if not most, still have unprotected sex sometimes. She was visibly surprised that I took the whole thing so seriously. I got pretty mad at her, perhaps unfairly. I changed GPs but my new one agrees with her. I wrote about this in another thread before, and there too, I got similar responses (it's not aids; you don't have to disclose, etc.) but I suspected they were just trying to be nice, like my doctor.
[close]
There's a vaccine now called Gardisol and my understanding is that women from a certain age back will now just be given it as a matter of course. HPV is spread pretty heavily throughout the population so your doctor's opinions are reasonable. Don't trip, if you're under 45 get the vaccine for yourself for your own piece of mind.
Stings a bit but does the trick [EDIT: Read that poorly, sorry. I didn't get a vaccine, I got some ointment which had a similar name]. I figured you're past the point of a vaccine once contract it? Don't want to hijack this thread with my anecdote but it's honestly been pretty detrimental. As in, any intimacy inevitably reminds me I might effectively be spreading cancer. That does seem unreasonable perhaps, but at the same time I'm unable to rationalize my way out of those thoughts.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 12:23:47 PM by excitableboy »

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #547 on: July 03, 2020, 11:27:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Some facets are more meaningful than others, and when you're faced with someone relentlessly obsessing over a less meaningful facet (like the decision to have unprotected sex) and ignoring a much more meaningful one (like the decision to lie about an STI in order to persuade a partner to have unprotected sex and then knowingly transmitting to them an STI) you're going to want to point out that perhaps we're not talking about the right thing.

I can respect that.

ihateyouto

• Rep: 26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #548 on: July 03, 2020, 11:30:12 AM »

Your telling me 8 girls fucked johan stuckey?
This dude? GTFO!

Dr.Fauci

• Rep: -38
« Reply #549 on: July 03, 2020, 11:31:43 AM »
Expand Quote
The hysteria about STI's is ridiculous. Herpes isn't a big deal, HIV isn't even a big deal anymore. I'd rather have HIV than diabetes. Maybe it's a big deal cost wise in the States but in any other first world country it's easily managed with one pill. How many of you people are out of shape, drink, smoke, eat flesh, and are worried about some cold sores? Even the word "clean" shouldn't be used when asking if someone has an infection.

I don't care if the woman asked him 1000 times, she ended up taking him at his word, a person she didn't really know. That's stupidity.
[close]

Nah  herpes and HIV are a big deal. That's such a stupid thing to say.

It's not 1985 anymore...

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #550 on: July 03, 2020, 11:34:57 AM »

So they’re now saying it’s full blown rape?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #551 on: July 03, 2020, 11:37:28 AM »
It's an honorable character trait that a person who has herpes (or any communicable disease) would be trepidatious about engaging in activity that may spread it because it shows that said person has a conscience, as opposed to someone who is deceitful and careless about the welfare of others. Shame and stigma shouldn't paralyze anyone...but I think a modicum of concern for others demonstrates one's good nature.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 11:39:19 AM by EdLawndale »

Dr.Fauci

« Reply #552 on: July 03, 2020, 11:39:10 AM »

By using the word rape they're trying to make what occurred seem more severe than what actually happened while also absolving her of any responsibility. Of course who can take responsibility if they got herpes while being raped?

Dr.Fauci

« Reply #553 on: July 03, 2020, 11:41:26 AM »
It's an honorable character trait that a person who has herpes (or any communicable disease) would be trepidatious about engaging in activity that may spread it because it shows that said person has a conscience, as opposed to someone who is deceitful and careless about the welfare of others. Shame and stigma shouldn't paralyze anyone...but I think a modicum of concern for others demonstrates one's good nature.

Well not everyone is honorable, that's why you have to look out for yourself. Both parties are to blame here. If you're mature enough to have sex with random people unprotected you should be mature enough not to take them at their word.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #554 on: July 03, 2020, 11:47:07 AM »
No, not everyone is honorable and truthful, and it is naive to assume they are...but bravo to those who are honest with themselves and others and shame on those who are not.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #555 on: July 03, 2020, 11:49:58 AM »
He'd rather have AIDS than diabetes, that's funny

Dr. Fauci is known for giving bad medical advice such as saying wearing a mask won’t protect you against Covid19. I wouldn’t trust him on this topic either.

sketchyrider

« Reply #556 on: July 03, 2020, 11:54:57 AM »

Well not everyone is honorable, that's why you have to look out for yourself. Both parties are to blame here. If you're mature enough to have sex with random people unprotected you should be mature enough not to take them at their word.

crazy to see people struggling to die on this hill making some false equivalency

there is no sharing of blame, he engaged in malicious behavior willfully

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3378
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #557 on: July 03, 2020, 11:55:29 AM »
I feel so fucking stupid. Why Batman Forever? I think I get the forever part, but why Batman?

I’m dumb.

I don't understand it either but prisoners, ya know?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #558 on: July 03, 2020, 11:58:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this.  when I was training to work in a medical lab, one of the first thing we learned when handling blood and bodily fluids was to operate under the assumption that every sample was infected, and to protect yourself accordingly.  the same things applies to sexual interaction.  most people who pass STIs are asymptomatic and probably don't know they even have anything.  I'm not in any way defending lying to your partner, and Johan has clearly displayed a pattern of abuse, but in general, as an adult you are responsible for protecting your own health.

Oh yeah because everyone goes to school for casual sex, definitely the same thing as being a trained medical professional. Did you go to law school too? Just hoping you had some insight as to the legal ramifications on knowingly passing on an STI and lying about it consider that's the fucking issue here

AxionCityStars

• Rep: -27
« Reply #559 on: July 03, 2020, 12:00:49 PM »
Anoyone defending Johan Stuckey or WKND skateboards is fucking Delusional . From an outsiders perspective sure these dudes seem to have a funny and fun aesthetic but the reality is that they are all incredibly egotistical douche bags. Every last one of them. They all live in my neighborhood and I’ve had several encounters with them at bars. These dudes are the fucking worst.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #560 on: July 03, 2020, 12:02:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
No, no she doesn’t.
[close]

[close]

Are you out of your mind? Of course it's relevant. It's idiotic to trust a stranger with your health. If someone shares a needle because the first person says they're free of any infections would you think it's reasonable to share the needle? No, anyone would say no.

Do you think this is the first time she had unprotected sex with someone she doesn't really know? Doubt it. If someone is willing to play that game sometimes they lose. It's not RESPONSIBLE.  Of course the guy is more blameworthy but to say anything on her part is irrelevant is silly.

You obviously underestimate the power of addiction.

Dr.Fauci

« Reply #561 on: July 03, 2020, 12:05:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

this.  when I was training to work in a medical lab, one of the first thing we learned when handling blood and bodily fluids was to operate under the assumption that every sample was infected, and to protect yourself accordingly.  the same things applies to sexual interaction.  most people who pass STIs are asymptomatic and probably don't know they even have anything.  I'm not in any way defending lying to your partner, and Johan has clearly displayed a pattern of abuse, but in general, as an adult you are responsible for protecting your own health.
[close]

Oh yeah because everyone goes to school for casual sex, definitely the same thing as being a trained medical professional. Did you go to law school too? Just hoping you had some insight as to the legal ramifications on knowingly passing on an STI and lying about it consider that's the fucking issue here

Her behaviour was stupid. Legal ramifications for passing on STIs are ridiculous, stigmatizing and archaic. No one holds those laws up as good policy.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #562 on: July 03, 2020, 12:11:02 PM »
8 girls in total? Wow. It's amazing what being good at skateboarding and having a following will you allow you to do.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2278
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #563 on: July 03, 2020, 12:11:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Her behaviour was stupid. Legal ramifications for passing on STIs are ridiculous, stigmatizing and archaic. No one holds those laws up as good policy.
Man,you're the smartest Dr.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

TheDingus

« Reply #564 on: July 03, 2020, 12:11:54 PM »
Anoyone defending Johan Stuckey or WKND skateboards is fucking Delusional . From an outsiders perspective sure these dudes seem to have a funny and fun aesthetic but the reality is that they are all incredibly egotistical douche bags. Every last one of them. They all live in my neighborhood and I’ve had several encounters with them at bars. These dudes are the fucking worst.

Same. Douches. All of em.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #565 on: July 03, 2020, 12:12:55 PM »

Let's hear it.

Anyone remember during his Free Lunch he wolf whistles at a woman walking by? Of course the video has been taken down...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 12:19:21 PM by HORSES »

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -42
« Reply #566 on: July 03, 2020, 12:21:01 PM »
The term "rape" can be deployed in this situation because Emily did not consent to having unprotected sex with someone who had an std. She asked him if he was clean, he lied and said no. She consented to having sex with someone who was clean, or at least believed themselves to be clean. Yes, this was naive, but it doesn't change the fact that she had sex under a non-consensual precedent. If Johan did not know he had a disease, it would not be rape. But the fact that he DID know means he knowingly garnered consent under false pretense, rendering the act non-consensual. Emily was naive, Johan was straight up evil.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #567 on: July 03, 2020, 12:26:57 PM »
Honest question:

Would it be rape if the genders were reversed?

If not, due to what factors?

Again, this is an honest question...

dannyprovolone

« Reply #568 on: July 03, 2020, 12:32:35 PM »
The term "rape" can be deployed in this situation because Emily did not consent to having unprotected sex with someone who had an std. She asked him if he was clean, he lied and said no. She consented to having sex with someone who was clean, or at least believed themselves to be clean. Yes, this was naive, but it doesn't change the fact that she had sex under a non-consensual precedent. If Johan did not know he had a disease, it would not be rape. But the fact that he DID know means he knowingly garnered consent under false pretense, rendering the act non-consensual. Emily was naive, Johan was straight up evil.

I don't think you cant just change definitions to fit your opinion though. fuck Johan indeed but I would say this isn't rape. probably qualifies as some type of misconduct.

Telly

• Rep: -151
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #569 on: July 03, 2020, 12:34:28 PM »

So don’t get tested, then it’s not a crime.