Author Topic: Johan Stuckey Cancelled  (Read 122399 times)

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
Re: Johan Stuckey Cancelled
« Reply #570 on: July 03, 2020, 12:34:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The hysteria about STI's is ridiculous. Herpes isn't a big deal, HIV isn't even a big deal anymore. I'd rather have HIV than diabetes. Maybe it's a big deal cost wise in the States but in any other first world country it's easily managed with one pill. How many of you people are out of shape, drink, smoke, eat flesh, and are worried about some cold sores? Even the word "clean" shouldn't be used when asking if someone has an infection.

I don't care if the woman asked him 1000 times, she ended up taking him at his word, a person she didn't really know. That's stupidity.
[close]

this.  when I was training to work in a medical lab, one of the first thing we learned when handling blood and bodily fluids was to operate under the assumption that every sample was infected, and to protect yourself accordingly.  the same things applies to sexual interaction.  most people who pass STIs are asymptomatic and probably don't know they even have anything.  I'm not in any way defending lying to your partner, and Johan has clearly displayed a pattern of abuse, but in general, as an adult you are responsible for protecting your own health.
[close]

Oh yeah because everyone goes to school for casual sex, definitely the same thing as being a trained medical professional. Did you go to law school too? Just hoping you had some insight as to the legal ramifications on knowingly passing on an STI and lying about it consider that's the fucking issue here

i would say that it would be next to impossible to prove in a court of law that she didn't have it before her interaction with Johan, despite his admission.  Less of a burden of proof in a civil case I'd guess, but not sure what kind of compensation Johan would be able to provide. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
« Reply #571 on: July 03, 2020, 12:37:03 PM »
Honest question:

Would it be rape if the genders were reversed?

If not, due to what factors?

Again, this is an honest question...

I've had several interactions with women where they either took the condom off without my consent or just straight up inserted me inside of them without a condom without my consent, and if it came down to it, would characterize that as a form of sexual assault, but I'm not sure how many women would see it that way.   
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #572 on: July 03, 2020, 12:39:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Honest question:

[close]

I've had several interactions with women where they either took the condom off without my consent or just straight up inserted me inside of them without a condom without my consent, and if it came down to it, would characterize that as a form of sexual assault, but I'm not sure how many women would see it that way.

Let's take the question to the worst case scenario....if it were AIDS the answer is pretty simple.  Passing a permanantly deforming disease to someone is maybe not lethal....but just as much illegal.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 12:41:35 PM by Mike Oxwelling »

Telly

• Rep: -151
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #573 on: July 03, 2020, 12:40:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The hysteria about STI's is ridiculous. Herpes isn't a big deal, HIV isn't even a big deal anymore. I'd rather have HIV than diabetes. Maybe it's a big deal cost wise in the States but in any other first world country it's easily managed with one pill. How many of you people are out of shape, drink, smoke, eat flesh, and are worried about some cold sores? Even the word "clean" shouldn't be used when asking if someone has an infection.

I don't care if the woman asked him 1000 times, she ended up taking him at his word, a person she didn't really know. That's stupidity.
[close]

this.  when I was training to work in a medical lab, one of the first thing we learned when handling blood and bodily fluids was to operate under the assumption that every sample was infected, and to protect yourself accordingly.  the same things applies to sexual interaction.  most people who pass STIs are asymptomatic and probably don't know they even have anything.  I'm not in any way defending lying to your partner, and Johan has clearly displayed a pattern of abuse, but in general, as an adult you are responsible for protecting your own health.
[close]

Oh yeah because everyone goes to school for casual sex, definitely the same thing as being a trained medical professional. Did you go to law school too? Just hoping you had some insight as to the legal ramifications on knowingly passing on an STI and lying about it consider that's the fucking issue here
[close]

i would say that it would be next to impossible to prove in a court of law that she didn't have it before her interaction with Johan, despite his admission.  Less of a burden of proof in a civil case I'd guess, but not sure what kind of compensation Johan would be able to provide.

By her own admission she engages in risky behavior by having unprotected sex with strangers.  Might be hard to prove anything

Broken_Ankle

« Reply #574 on: July 03, 2020, 12:41:11 PM »
Lol all of a sudden SLAP is a bunch of doctors and lawyers.

Dr.Fauci

• Rep: -38
« Reply #575 on: July 03, 2020, 12:42:45 PM »
The term "rape" can be deployed in this situation because Emily did not consent to having unprotected sex with someone who had an std. She asked him if he was clean, he lied and said no. She consented to having sex with someone who was clean, or at least believed themselves to be clean. Yes, this was naive, but it doesn't change the fact that she had sex under a non-consensual precedent. If Johan did not know he had a disease, it would not be rape. But the fact that he DID know means he knowingly garnered consent under false pretense, rendering the act non-consensual. Emily was naive, Johan was straight up evil.

Is this true?  What if he was lying about his name? If she consented to have sex with a man named David but it turned out his name was really Johan would that be rape too?

Telly

« Reply #576 on: July 03, 2020, 12:43:36 PM »
Lol all of a sudden SLAP is a bunch of doctors and lawyers.

Doctors and juries.  Not all of the sudden, either.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #577 on: July 03, 2020, 12:44:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Anoyone defending Johan Stuckey or WKND skateboards is fucking Delusional . From an outsiders perspective sure these dudes seem to have a funny and fun aesthetic but the reality is that they are all incredibly egotistical douche bags. Every last one of them. They all live in my neighborhood and I’ve had several encounters with them at bars. These dudes are the fucking worst.
[close]

Let's hear it.

Anyone remember during his Free Lunch he wolf whistles at a woman walking by? Of course the video has been taken down...

But not Christian Maalouf right??? Right???? Every one???
p-shuvs and v-flips

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #578 on: July 03, 2020, 12:45:22 PM »
Expand Quote
The term "rape" can be deployed in this situation because Emily did not consent to having unprotected sex with someone who had an std. She asked him if he was clean, he lied and said no. She consented to having sex with someone who was clean, or at least believed themselves to be clean. Yes, this was naive, but it doesn't change the fact that she had sex under a non-consensual precedent. If Johan did not know he had a disease, it would not be rape. But the fact that he DID know means he knowingly garnered consent under false pretense, rendering the act non-consensual. Emily was naive, Johan was straight up evil.
[close]

Is this true?  What if he was lying about his name? If she consented to have sex with a man named David but it turned out his name was really Johan would that be rape too?

Don't be silly, dude. Have something impactful to add to the convo or just don't type.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Dr.Fauci

« Reply #579 on: July 03, 2020, 12:46:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Honest question:

[close]

[close]

Let's take the question to the worst case scenario....if it were AIDS the answer is pretty simple.  Passing a permanantly deforming disease to someone is maybe not lethal....but just as much illegal.

LOL you don't pass AIDS to anyone, and barely anyone dies of AIDS anymore, in the west at least.

AxionCityStars

• Rep: -27
« Reply #580 on: July 03, 2020, 12:46:35 PM »
Ever go to a bar and can immediately point out the worst people in the room?

Thats the entire WKND team.

They vibe out LA locals at bars, skate spots, and skateparks when none of these guys are actually even from the city.

They perpetuate this false LA hipster transplant elitist facade. They are also hated by most of the LA skate community.

It's much easier to have a positive opinion on their antics when you've never interacted with them in person.

WKND sucks

Expand Quote
Anoyone defending Johan Stuckey or WKND skateboards is fucking Delusional . From an outsiders perspective sure these dudes seem to have a funny and fun aesthetic but the reality is that they are all incredibly egotistical douche bags. Every last one of them. They all live in my neighborhood and I’ve had several encounters with them at bars. These dudes are the fucking worst.
[close]

Let's hear it.

Anyone remember during his Free Lunch he wolf whistles at a woman walking by? Of course the video has been taken down...

Morning Jazz Radio

• Rep: 20
  • Have your coffee with some jazz!
« Reply #581 on: July 03, 2020, 12:48:23 PM »
The term "rape" can be deployed in this situation because Emily did not consent to having unprotected sex with someone who had an std. She asked him if he was clean, he lied and said no Yes. She consented to having sex with someone who was clean, or at least believed themselves to be clean. Yes, this was naive, but it doesn't change the fact that she had sex under a non-consensual precedent. If Johan did not know he had a disease, it would not be rape. But the fact that he DID know means he knowingly garnered consent under false pretense, rendering the act non-consensual. Emily was naive, Johan was straight up evil.

Had to make a correction there -

Yep, also, people need to address Johan as a serial transmitter. He would lie about not having STDs to avoid rejection. I'm sure he had more than herps. He might be a total moron, but he knows that society places a stigma on those who have sexually transmitted diseases, and in the US more so. Sex is a taboo subject still, and fear of disease will never go away, therefore making those with an STD feel less desirable. He needed proper counseling and better friends. Instead, his WKND pals made light of the situation, which enables the behavior, and Johan is probably inherently an idiot, so he thought that there isn't a problem with his behavior and because his friends think it's funny, so he should just continue his antics.

Edit: He had to know the harm he was causing and probably getting off on the fact he was forcing his pain and suffering onto his victims. He's a piece of shit, and so are the WKND frat boys.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 01:50:03 PM by Morning Jazz Radio »

Dr.Fauci

« Reply #582 on: July 03, 2020, 12:51:36 PM »
Expand Quote
The term "rape" can be deployed in this situation because Emily did not consent to having unprotected sex with someone who had an std. She asked him if he was clean, he lied and said no Yes. She consented to having sex with someone who was clean, or at least believed themselves to be clean. Yes, this was naive, but it doesn't change the fact that she had sex under a non-consensual precedent. If Johan did not know he had a disease, it would not be rape. But the fact that he DID know means he knowingly garnered consent under false pretense, rendering the act non-consensual. Emily was naive, Johan was straight up evil.
[close]

Yep, also, people need to address Johan as a serial transmitter. He would lie about not having STDs to avoid rejection. I'm sure he had more than herps. He might be total moron, but he knows that society places a stigma on those who have secually transmitted diseases, and in the US more so. Sex is a taboo subject still, and fear of disease will never go away, therefore making those with an STD feel less desirable. He needed proper counseling and better friends. Instead, his WKND pals made light of the situation, which enables the behavior, and Johan is probably inherently an idiot, so he thought that there isn't a problem with his behavior and because his friends thinks it's funny he should just continue his antics.

If being deceitful in order to get someone in bed was rape, everyone would be a rapist. What if she was lying about being on the pill? What if a man was lying about having a vasectomy? What if a man lied about being married? Would those be rape too? Is there even a case where deception has been used to prosecute rape? Seems like a radical feminist position.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 12:56:36 PM by Dr.Fauci »

Telly

« Reply #583 on: July 03, 2020, 12:52:49 PM »
Ever go to a bar and can immediately point out the worst people in the room?

Thats the entire WKND team.

They vibe out LA locals at bars, skate spots, and skateparks when none of these guys are actually even from the city.

They perpetuate this false LA hipster transplant elitist facade. They are also hated by most of the LA skate community.

It's much easier to have a positive opinion on their antics when you've never interacted with them in person.

WKND sucks

Can you get vibed out by people you don’t give a fuck about?  I can’t.

jUnGbRoAd

• Rep: 7
« Reply #584 on: July 03, 2020, 12:53:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Let's hear it.

my post is buried 10+ pgs back but him and austyn gillette were also being super transphobic in one of those RIDE videos. that one seems to have been taken down as well, though i'm not sure how recently.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #585 on: July 03, 2020, 12:55:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

By her own admission she engages in risky behavior by having unprotected sex with strangers.  Might be hard to prove anything

I didn’t see where she said that. But if she did it would be much harder for this type of thing to hold up in a court of law.

Also calling this sexual exchange rape in my own personal opinion, is going to far. Would a court call this interaction rape?

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #586 on: July 03, 2020, 12:58:55 PM »
Sorry you had a bad encounter with one or some of them. Chris Maalouf is extremely nice and a good person. As is Trevor Thompson
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 01:56:47 PM by Pappy Jones »

Morning Jazz Radio

• Rep: 20
  • Have your coffee with some jazz!
« Reply #587 on: July 03, 2020, 12:59:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I didn’t see where she said that. But if she did it would be much harder for this type of thing to hold up in a court of law.

Also calling this sexual exchange rape in my own personal opinion, is going to far. Would a court call this interaction rape?

We'll have to refer to the Usher case:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michellekaminsky/2018/06/28/usher-seeks-dismissal-of-herpes-suit-says-accuser-knew-of-unprotected-sex-risks/#56f259906a28

AxionCityStars

• Rep: -27
« Reply #588 on: July 03, 2020, 01:00:15 PM »
Austyn is also an enormous Douche Bag

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Let's hear it.

[close]

my post is buried 10+ pgs back but him and austyn gillette were also being super transphobic in one of those RIDE videos. that one seems to have been taken down as well, though i'm not sure how recently.

Dr.Fauci

« Reply #589 on: July 03, 2020, 01:08:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

We'll have to refer to the Usher case:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michellekaminsky/2018/06/28/usher-seeks-dismissal-of-herpes-suit-says-accuser-knew-of-unprotected-sex-risks/#56f259906a28

That's a civil case. Nowhere is rape mentioned.

"Indeed, California has made transmitting a communicable disease, such as herpes, a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail and fines."

Quite a big difference.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 01:11:47 PM by Dr.Fauci »

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #590 on: July 03, 2020, 01:16:10 PM »
I do find it weird that ppl are like, "That's not what we're talking about here. This is what we're talking about." Who decides that? It's a general thread about a news story, why not talk about all facets of it?🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Asking what we should be talking about and not talking about is ridiculous, this is a public forum. It seems the public of SLAP wants up explore every facet of what took place.

jUnGbRoAd

• Rep: 7
« Reply #591 on: July 03, 2020, 01:35:12 PM »
interesting fact: the dudes in this thread victim-blaming and defending johan are the same ones who will act incredulous and butthurt at the idea that the skateboarding world might be seen as unwelcoming or alienating by female skaters

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #592 on: July 03, 2020, 01:40:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yep, also, people need to address Johan as a serial transmitter. He would lie about not having STDs to avoid rejection. I'm sure he had more than herps. He might be total moron, but he knows that society places a stigma on those who have secually transmitted diseases, and in the US more so. Sex is a taboo subject still, and fear of disease will never go away, therefore making those with an STD feel less desirable. He needed proper counseling and better friends. Instead, his WKND pals made light of the situation, which enables the behavior, and Johan is probably inherently an idiot, so he thought that there isn't a problem with his behavior and because his friends thinks it's funny he should just continue his antics.
[close]

If being deceitful in order to get someone in bed was rape, everyone would be a rapist. What if she was lying about being on the pill? What if a man was lying about having a vasectomy? What if a man lied about being married? Would those be rape too? Is there even a case where deception has been used to prosecute rape? Seems like a radical feminist position.

No they wouldn’t. Sounds like you never got to know anyone personally before having sex. Thought the whole rape part was him shoving his dong down her throat without her permission anyways. Blows my mind how many 5 year olds from the he-man womun haters club are on this forum.

Dr.Fauci

« Reply #593 on: July 03, 2020, 01:42:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

No they wouldn’t. Sounds like you never got to know anyone personally before having sex. Thought the whole rape part was him shoving his dong down her throat without her permission anyways. Blows my mind how many 5 year olds from the he-man womun haters club are on this forum.

The point was a lot of people have lied in order to get people to sleep with them. Maybe not you, but don't act like no one has done this.

You're also right I haven't. What is there to know?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 01:44:16 PM by Dr.Fauci »

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #594 on: July 03, 2020, 01:44:35 PM »
I don’t know about you but I respect and support female skaters.

Also, I would never support Johan. I just wanted to bring up other information, especially because the victim in this story is claiming she was raped. Which is a very serious accusation.

Johan is completely wrong in the scenario and I hope he gets prosecuted for giving someone a incurable disease.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 01:50:36 PM by Lowcalcium »

Telly

« Reply #595 on: July 03, 2020, 01:51:50 PM »
I don’t know about you but I respect and support female skaters.

Also, I would never support Johan. I just wanted to bring up other information, especially because the victim in this story is claiming she was raped. Which is a very serious accusation.

Johan is completely wrong in the scenario and I hope he gets prosecuted for giving someone a incurable disease.

Me too.  But protect yourselves, people. 

Land of the Faust

« Reply #596 on: July 03, 2020, 02:05:14 PM »
Alright, so i'm not privy to all the details of this situation, but I do know that there are people out there that do contract genital herpes and only have an initial outbreak (sometimes not even that) and then end up shedding the virus without knowing they have it. Meaning that they never display traditional symptoms and unknowingly pass it on to other people.

Are we sure that isn't the case here? Again, I don't know the details, but I do work in the medical industry, and I know of people that have tested positive for the virus and have never had any symptoms.

Storybook Weaver

« Reply #597 on: July 03, 2020, 02:07:44 PM »

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #598 on: July 03, 2020, 02:09:09 PM »
People should worry less about what constitutes as rape, by definition of the word, and more about how men in general show a problematic history when it comes to blurring the lines (at best) and outright abusing power when it comes to sex. And not only sex with women, but especially sex with women. So much so that these types of things are only now being addressed, and that there isn't sufficiently clear language available to describe half the acts and situations women have been involved in at the hands of men that have resulted in sexual acts they may or may not have been fully down with.

Was this rape?

Is it rape to take a condom off without telling a girl during sex?

Is it rape to push a girl's head down on your dick?

Is it rape to grab and insert anything without asking?

Is it rape to pressure a girl into sex, even if she finally, audibly, "consents", mostly to shut you up, or because she's afraid of what might happen (I.E. ACTUAL by-the-book definition rape) if she doesn't?

If a girl wakes up in a room, and for reasons she can't remember she is no longer wearing her clothes, and something feels wrong, but there's no proof of anything, is that rape?

I'm not absolving women of their own responsibilities, or potential short-comings, but you can't look at stuff like this without considering the society we live in, the conditions of that society for hundreds of years. Same as you can';t when it comes to race.

We should count ourselves pretty fucking lucky that very rarely do we have to think about any of this shit ourselves. That there isn't a load of grey area when it comes to what gets done to and with our bodies without us fully agreeing to it, or understand what might be happening or why it's happening.

I don't care if she should have "known better", or she's had unprotected sex before. Maybe that's her choice, or maybe she's never felt like she truly has any choice at all before? Maybe it doesn't matter because there's a bigger picture here.

What's that Louis CK joke... (worst guy to use here, but...) "The biggest threat to men is heart disease; the biggest threat to women is men."

I don't know. I just think people need to think long and hard about some of the situations they've most likely been involved in when it comes to topics like this. Even the culture of the way women are talked about amongst men is entirely problematic. And there's no way any of us aren't guilty in some way of contributing to an environment that means some people fall foul of the very thin boundaries that exist between bad taste and bad behavior.

People like this fuck Johan, for example. And his board sponsor and their "sense of humor."

Hubba Wheels and Shorties ads on the wall of countless teenage bedrooms hasn't helped anyone, either.

And sure, that doesn't equate to being a gross fucked up piece of shit who lies to get a girl to take her clothes off. But the same cultural shift that is needed when it comes to race, as well as social and financial equality, are all at play here, too.

Do better. That's probably what it comes down to.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #599 on: July 03, 2020, 02:17:43 PM »
What kind of an idiot doesn't wear a condom when they fuck some stranger for the first time? Shame on these fools.