Author Topic: Dennis Busenitz  (Read 2377 times)

Mad Max

Re: Dennis Busenitz
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 01:16:15 PM »
I approve this thread.
Whenever there's talk of Busenitz, I always remember some throw away clip from an LA trip years ago where he casually ollies about 10 decent sized dirt gaps whilst bombing a hill. Never found thew footage agin though...

pointandclick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 02:12:17 PM »
i watched this one a ton when it came out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBswFtKWYaI

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 04:42:04 AM »
This is the only Roll Forever edit I recognize

https://youtu.be/0vrxOPdobIE

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 08:09:31 AM »
goat normcore fit

ha.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 03:36:58 PM »
Roll Forever... I helped pick that song for Dennis. One of the best moments of my career working in skating/film shit. I still love that edit so much and Dennis is still one of the sickest ever.
ok thanks

Gary Bucket

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 05:36:03 PM »
Roll Forever... I helped pick that song for Dennis. One of the best moments of my career working in skating/film shit. I still love that edit so much and Dennis is still one of the sickest ever.

Helped pick the Old Canes song? Was the “rights to Biggie?” thing just a random clip that led to the re-edit?

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 07:42:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Helped pick the Old Canes song? Was the “rights to Biggie?” thing just a random clip that led to the re-edit?

That was just footage they shot when they did that lineup thing with the crew. IIRC, basically, they didnt have a song, Dennis didnt like a lot of stuff, but everyone really liked the Old Canes song after I played it. I felt like it matched his skating really well. I did a lot of music in that era's videos, but I never felt like anything I got to chime in on was as good as that matchup for his style. He's frenetic and so is that song.
ok thanks

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 11:47:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

great work. that song is perfect
[close]

That was just footage they shot when they did that lineup thing with the crew. IIRC, basically, they didnt have a song, Dennis didnt like a lot of stuff, but everyone really liked the Old Canes song after I played it. I felt like it matched his skating really well. I did a lot of music in that era's videos, but I never felt like anything I got to chime in on was as good as that matchup for his style. He's frenetic and so is that song.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2020, 09:33:07 AM »
great work. that song is perfect

Aw thanks man. Appreciate it. I've got a couple of homeys from the old DLX message board who still bring it up once in awhile. Feels cool to have contributed a small piece to what in my mind is a really cool part for one of the best ATV skaters of all time. I mean really lots of songs would work when the skating is that good.
ok thanks

Gary Bucket

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 03:11:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Great pick. It does fit his skating, I’m just terribly partial to that one song. Some other of those music picks would make for a great post/thread if you’d ever indulge

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 03:18:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Great pick. It does fit his skating, I’m just terribly partial to that one song. Some other of those music picks would make for a great post/thread if you’d ever indulge

Thanks! Not into highlighting that part of my life all that much. But lots of videos from that era are on the books as stuff I worked on, either picking music or just clearing the rights. Its really nice to see it appreciated from afar. This is one I dont mind celebrating.
ok thanks

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 08:48:53 AM »
Does anyone know where the footage is of this? Some Adidas edit maybe?

pops

• Rep: 220
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 10:36:11 AM »
^or maybe some volcom clip? can't remember right now.
busenitz is truly one of a kind.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2020, 10:55:40 AM »
^or maybe some volcom clip? can't remember right now.
busenitz is truly one of a kind.
DING DING DING!!!

https://youtu.be/S5cBqlMf9AE?t=71

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2020, 01:09:54 AM »
I swear I saw him one day as I was walking around Paris and I looked in his face and I kind of made a face like "I know who you are... I think" and he looked down at my shoes, which were heavily skated Busenitz's and he looked back at me in the eyes and kind of smirked. I swear it was him but I'll never know.

I think there was some reason that the Adidas team was in Paris during this time.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2020, 03:48:46 PM »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2020, 04:49:23 PM »
I think I tell this story every time there’s a Busenitz thread, but I was at Tampa when he won in 2011 and watching him was by far the best skateboarding I have ever witnessed in person. I’ll never forget the sheer electricity in the room as soon as his run was finished, but even when I got there kinda early he was just cruising laps around the park with the same intensity all day. Footy does not do him justice, which is saying a lot because his footage is great.

BALAKOV

• Rep: 17
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2020, 05:20:48 PM »
can't get enough of that since day one intro with the brian eno song. ever.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2022, 07:17:57 PM »

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 302
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2022, 08:16:01 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84RtglWPDzc
great skating by dennis and hermann. the last doubles line was so rad

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2022, 07:19:04 AM »
Busenitz was at the dime challenge this year, didn't skate much except for the speed challenge when he came out and ollied one of the boxes first try. Hard to say he's underrated with having a pro shoe for ten years but truly one of the best to ever do it.

(bonus Jake Johnson/Una spotting in the pic below)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2022, 10:05:07 AM »
I feel some of the best Busenitz footage is in this bitch. Him and Trujillo were on another level on this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E1NrdvNcJY

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2022, 11:06:21 AM »
I feel some of the best Busenitz footage is in this bitch. Him and Trujillo were on another level on this one

so good.
also - I don't think I'd ever really seen Daewon's long hair before this video since he always wearing a hat. that alone is worth the price of admission.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 12:10:40 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2022, 10:37:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

so good.
also - I don't think I'd ever really seen Daewon's long hair before this video since he always wearing a hat. that alone is worth the price of admission.

Koston seems like he was close to the height of his powers.  Actually all the teams kinda were.  I love the ripride in Carbondale.  Lance kills it in that massive cradle.  Such a good season.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2022, 06:40:12 AM »
Real is reissuing this deck. Just asked my local to grab one for me. One of my favorites.

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2022, 06:48:53 AM »
Great graphic

burner

• Rep: 86
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2022, 08:59:42 AM »

Love Dennis, and love this thread. Didn't see this one here (apologies if repost), one of my favourites (mostly Dennis). Also can't seem to find a copy of his pushing SF part, Anyone help with this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v23g188JYYo