Author Topic: Axion footwear  (Read 26093 times)

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Axion footwear
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2020, 05:30:55 PM »
They literally dropped some heat on y'alls ass right o the gate
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Glurmpz

« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2020, 05:37:00 PM »
I think they look goofy, slimming down early 2000s shoes just looks regular. Lakai fucking blew it withthe carrols and now theyre blowing it with the guy reissue

I have the Carroll’s and I’m stoked on them. Perfect thickness sole, nice shape, super comfy.

I think NOT slimming down early 2000s shoes is what’s dumb. Bulky shoes suck, especially for skating. They’re slimmed down because we’ve smartened up since then. The people dying to look like they’re stuck in 1999 should just hit up Globe and DVS - they still make their puffy monstrosities.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2020, 08:06:42 PM »
I still like em.

And it was confirmed twice there are actual air-bubbles in there. Not plastic.

Not sure of the toe cap is rubber though...

Manolo asked them and they said there is rubber toe caps.  It’s a exact remake.   Could prob do w/o the rubber toe cap bc I’ll only skate a pair if I can get two

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2020, 08:07:54 PM »
Expand Quote
I think they look goofy, slimming down early 2000s shoes just looks regular. Lakai fucking blew it withthe carrols and now theyre blowing it with the guy reissue
[close]

I have the Carroll’s and I’m stoked on them. Perfect thickness sole, nice shape, super comfy.

I think NOT slimming down early 2000s shoes is what’s dumb. Bulky shoes suck, especially for skating. They’re slimmed down because we’ve smartened up since then. The people dying to look like they’re stuck in 1999 should just hit up Globe and DVS - they still make their puffy monstrosities.

I think the Carroll’s are an improvement on the originals.   Material on the original blue colorway felt like papier-mâché and also felt a little too small for its design

Glurmpz

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2020, 08:52:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think the Carroll’s are an improvement on the originals.   Material on the original blue colorway felt like papier-mâché and also felt a little too small for its design

I never had them but I remember seeing them back then. I'm impressed with these new versions of the Carroll and I think I may actually skate them, which wasn't the plan.

I had some dope looking Axion Elites... edit: found em'... shit image quality but it's the same color I had.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 09:32:00 PM by Glurmpz »

P Casanova

• Rep: -124
    • Eastern Exposure avatar image
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2020, 11:48:27 AM »
As an Axion fan, I am bummed about this. The original Axion was everything. This 3rd time around with these bums on the team and cutting it. I wish Kareem or Guy could actually sue these dudes and get this shit off the market. I bet when these drop they will be $100+ for this Walmart Mariano ripoff. I wonder if Guy Mariano is embarrassed.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2020, 01:23:26 PM »
They already blew it before the shoe dropped. After this "reissue" it will be vox 2.0. I'm sure of it.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2020, 01:28:23 PM »
bring me back this EXACT shoe and i'll put some serious dough out

and perhaps a KCK as well...(hoping they got the okay from Kareem this time around)

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2020, 01:30:22 PM »
also wanted to point out - didn't they do this half-ass re-issue/modernized version? This came out in 2009

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2020, 03:51:35 PM »

and perhaps a KCK as well...(hoping they got the okay from Kareem this time around)
Those were dope. Still are actually.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2020, 04:42:23 PM »
All of the old brands that Kareem started have all been revamped without him, and they’ve all failed horribly. I’d love to see Axion return to its former glory, but we all know that isn’t happening. What I wanna know is who tf is funding these projects? Do people have so much money that they’re willing to throw it into guaranteed dumpster fire business ideas? Guy and Gino are Nike’d out at this point, same with BA, and Kareem isn’t a part of it so we’re guaranteed to get zero KCK reissues, so where’s the appeal? Throwing three skaters who’s names don’t sell many boards who all have an aesthetic that’s the antithesis of what Axion was isn’t exactly a marketing agent’s wet dream.

I skated lots of Axion’s way back when. The KCK’s, Millennium’s, KC 2000’s, and the Mariano’s with the rubber toe cap were all great shoes, and I’d 100% buy them if they stuck to retroing old models exclusively. And they have to be exactly as they were, no omitting air bags bc “bro it’s too expensive, bc business man.”

I agree with everything you said but were KCK’s not duffs?

What a disgusting three pros to start a shoe brand (3rd time) with, not one of their names is ringing any bells.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2020, 06:00:05 PM »
What made axion so sick was the team. Imagine if Kareem, Gino, Guy, BA all got behind this. It’d be huge. I actually like Merlino, but this ain’t it. Nostalgia alone isn’t going to keep this going.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2020, 06:06:37 PM »
also wanted to point out - didn't they do this half-ass re-issue/modernized version? This came out in 2009

Those look a lot like DVS's

fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2020, 08:03:28 PM »
if i was merlino this would be the sign to quit skating. somehow more depressing than being on straye

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2020, 08:38:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Those were dope. Still are actually.

Guy 2/Aries, right?   Think of BA in Modus nollie smith and 360 flip lip(?) when I see those

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2020, 08:41:14 PM »

This.

This shoe is why I keep checking this thread. I'll take three pairs rn please
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2020, 08:48:15 PM »
This is a team I’d associate with a dekline relaunch. Not Axion...
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2020, 08:57:32 PM »
This is a team I’d associate with a dekline relaunch. Not Axion...

personally i associate the team with 2006, checkered shirts, gross tye dye and theft of tech items.

P Casanova

• Rep: -124
    • Eastern Exposure avatar image
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2020, 01:50:13 PM »
Imagine putting all of your money behind Sierra Fellers and Nick Merlino to relaunch another mans brand. I hope this ends fast

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2020, 02:32:20 PM »
Axion never made good shoes, that is why 3rd try isn’t a charm.  I hate Nike and don’t buy their shoes but they make good shoes and it took them 3 tries ( I could ague 4 tries, counting their first bmx/skateboard model)
In conclusion fuck Nike

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2020, 02:50:08 PM »
Axion never made good shoes, that is why 3rd try isn’t a charm.  I hate Nike and don’t buy their shoes but they make good shoes and it took them 3 tries ( I could ague 4 tries, counting their first bmx/skateboard model)
In conclusion fuck Nike
Great ted talk
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2020, 03:28:25 PM »
Expand Quote
I still like em.

[close]

Manolo asked them and they said there is rubber toe caps.  It’s a exact remake.   Could prob do w/o the rubber toe cap bc I’ll only skate a pair if I can get two
Hey they said it wasnt rubber actually but premium leather.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2020, 04:46:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I still like em.

[close]

[close]
Hey they said it wasnt rubber actually but premium leather.

Oh damn, misread, but honestly okay with it remembering how they’d yellow

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2020, 08:21:30 AM »
Expand Quote
All of the old brands that Kareem started have all been revamped without him, and they’ve all failed horribly. I’d love to see Axion return to its former glory, but we all know that isn’t happening. What I wanna know is who tf is funding these projects? Do people have so much money that they’re willing to throw it into guaranteed dumpster fire business ideas? Guy and Gino are Nike’d out at this point, same with BA, and Kareem isn’t a part of it so we’re guaranteed to get zero KCK reissues, so where’s the appeal? Throwing three skaters who’s names don’t sell many boards who all have an aesthetic that’s the antithesis of what Axion was isn’t exactly a marketing agent’s wet dream.

I skated lots of Axion’s way back when. The KCK’s, Millennium’s, KC 2000’s, and the Mariano’s with the rubber toe cap were all great shoes, and I’d 100% buy them if they stuck to retroing old models exclusively. And they have to be exactly as they were, no omitting air bags bc “bro it’s too expensive, bc business man.”
[close]

What a disgusting three pros to start a shoe brand (3rd time) with, not one of their names is ringing any bells.
KCK’s were Duffs and they were great. White with gum is still one of the best looking shoes.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2020, 09:42:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree dvs and globe are a bit much, I'm an accel man myself

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2020, 11:20:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Originally yes, but Axion also had a few KCK models as well.

I think there’s a Chinese company who currently makes Duffs KCK’s, without variation.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2020, 02:42:57 PM »
Appears Cyril Jackson’s on, as well

Missled Yutes

« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2020, 03:11:38 PM »
It’s weird to see such nostalgia for Axion, one of the least celebrated skate shoe brands of the early 2000’s next to Duffs. I had the Officials in navy suede and regretted getting them because even when they were fairly new, the tread/grip was nonexistent. I remember slipping like crazy playing basketball in gym class wearing those. Nobody really cared about Axion back then and I’m pretty sure my friends told me to buy them as some kind of hazing or something.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2020, 06:50:15 PM »
I don’t particularly like Cyril’s skating but he obviously puts in work.  I’ve had a tough 2019-2020 but cyril went from baker/DC to Axion and no board sponsor?  Someone give this guy a hug and buy him a meal!  I feel like you deserve to have a go fund me if you ride for Axion footwear in 2020.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2020, 07:49:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don’t particularly like Cyril’s skating but he obviously puts in work.  I’ve had a tough 2019-2020 but cyril went from baker/DC to Axion and no board sponsor?  Someone give this guy a hug and buy him a meal!  I feel like you deserve to have a go fund me if you ride for Axion footwear in 2020.
Dude must have kooked it pretty hard. DC pushed him pretty hard there for a while, and then no mention from him leaving. He's been skating nikes since at least May. They got sick of his rap