Author Topic: Worst bearings you ever skated  (Read 7028 times)

CrappyChan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Worst bearings you ever skated
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2020, 09:09:41 AM »
I got these bearings called 'Swift' when I was eleven, they had green and blue swirly shields. Put them on my ricta aircores. They were actually really fast but all the shields fell off within 5 minutes of skating so I just let them dangle like little spinner rims because I was a lazy fuck. For my 14th birthday I got some 'Bam Wreckingballs' by destructo. They were pink. I think this was the same year I got a traffic board. Needless to say, I was excited to get new gear so I switched out my less than a month old skated at a middle schooler level Krooked and good bearings for this new crappy product. Worst setup ever, wood was weirdly heavy and bearings were the slowest I've ever ridden.

Shake Junt bearings were always really good to me actually, same with modus and hard luck. I keep breaking reds. Don't know why I'm so backwards
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2020, 09:12:37 AM »
speedmetal

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2020, 09:14:29 AM »
Reflex bearings. I destroyed 4 bearings in one session. I don’t even skate gaps, I was skating a manny pad.

That’s why I keep a ziplock bag full of old Reds in my car.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2020, 09:24:47 AM »
Bronson. They were good for like 2 weeks.

On the flipside, i got a case of 20 sets of cheap flip bearings for like $20 in some closeout sale. They've been awesome for the past few years. On my last set now.

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2020, 10:28:42 AM »
Bronsons, which is kind of a bummer. It seems like at least on the set of G3s I have had, the shields seem to attack the rest of the bearing at some point and cause them to lock up. You can fix it by removing the shields, but if I wanted shieldless bearings I would have ordered shieldless bearings.

I ordered up a set of Bones REDS Big Balls, and when I took them out to clean them found that 6 of my 8 plastic retainers were broken. They were still rolling pretty smoothly, I just knew they were kind of dirty. Ordered some replacement cages for them, we'll see if that happens again or not. I didn't skate anything big with them, there was no massive force, other than just me being a big dude.

I guess the moral of the story is never stray from Bones Swiss. They've been the best for 40 years for a reason.

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2020, 10:32:47 AM »
When I was young I got some "Jacked" brand bearings by birdhouse that didn't last a week of skating the parking lot in front of my house. I've had the same set of swiss since 2014. I really don't see a reason to buy bearing that aren't made by bones. Bearing companies are pretty much just snake oil.

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2020, 10:52:25 AM »
Reflex and Bronson are the two shittiest brands that come to mind with Reflex taking the crown tho. The cages that held the balls in those seemed like they had the consistency of smarties candies. Fuckers would blow out within a month or 2

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2020, 10:54:50 AM »
FKD that disintegrated 5 minutes after I set them up

Recently I bought a set of Flip bearings on sale that felt like the bearings in a Walmart board

don't ever buy anything other than Bones
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

chrisskates808

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2020, 10:56:15 AM »
Cheapshots are fucking garbage. But you get what you pay for, except with Bronson apparently.
Done with cheapshots

chrisskates808

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2020, 10:56:49 AM »
Heard good things about rock n rons bearings, but the set I ordered fucking seized up after 2 days of skating, and cleaning them didn’t unseize them. Luckys were pretty shit too.
I forgot about rock n rons. Didn’t they go out of business or something?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1129
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2020, 11:16:04 AM »
Bronson

FKDs were pretty bad,

Mother Goose.

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2020, 11:18:15 AM »
Lucky ABEC 7 early 2000s fell apart one bearing at a time in no time. I remember the wheels too. Ricta Koston cored on Rasta venture lows on a Zoo York stay high 149 deck with green monkey business bolts and black magic grip.

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
  • (formerly mex.ceferino)
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2020, 11:35:14 AM »
hardlucks, more like hardly-fast ammirite!
they fucking broke and were sooper slow

also bronson raws

I got both of those probably around the first batch they put out. First batches usually suck like when i got a set of silvers and broke the kingpin doing a manual 🤷🏽‍♂️

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

chrisskates808

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2020, 11:52:59 AM »
Destructo make bearings at one point. Every single one that I had ended up blowing out eventually.
I did own a pair of Destructo Sendai from Japan. Idk if that was the only bearings.

Mongoloid

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2020, 12:26:50 PM »
I had those Reflex ABS bearings at one point, and I remember them being dirt traps that crumbled apart.

Yu Dum

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2020, 12:33:58 PM »
One year when I was younger, my parents bought me some Element bearings for Christmas. Not even a week after putting them on, they exploded one by one. I wasn't even doing tricks when they'd burst; just pushing. I never asked for those bearings, but I didn't want to be rude about it so I just dealt with each one as they burst and never told them.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 113
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2020, 12:41:06 PM »
When i was young and dumb and did no product research i bought Shake Junt branded bearings. They were not good of course but one completely exploded after only like 3-4 months of skating, pitching me onto really rough asphalt scraping up my whole right side. Now its bones only and the shields stay on.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2020, 12:47:30 PM »
Speed demons

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2020, 12:50:19 PM »
The moral of the story is to never buy bearings that aren’t Bones Reds or Swiss.

chrisskates808

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2020, 01:03:28 PM »
The moral of the story is to never buy bearings that aren’t Bones Reds or Swiss.
Never had problems with bones bearings and will always stick to them.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2020, 01:30:36 PM »
Some Enjoi ABEC 7s...they were shit out of the box, stripped them, used speed cream, still shit. Threw them out.

chrisskates808

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2020, 01:32:19 PM »
Some Enjoi ABEC 7s...they were shit out of the box, stripped them, used speed cream, still shit. Threw them out.
Besides bones and mini logo bearings, any other good bearings in the market? Not really in my opinion

Gabagoolslide

• Rep: -85
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2020, 01:33:01 PM »
Lucky or any metal shield bearing

switchfakie

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2020, 03:26:15 PM »
mini logo's.

i blame my inexperience as a kid as to why i bought them. I to this day regret choosing them over bronson g2's which were just a few bucks more

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2020, 05:21:13 PM »
Lucky were pretty bad.

And I only have high praising words for reds.

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2020, 05:22:44 PM »

le garbaggio

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2020, 05:33:27 PM »
Some 'rust proof' bearings from Amazon. They didn't rust because they seized too quick instead.

manysnakes

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2020, 05:57:45 PM »
Bronson Raws. Started spinning like shit after a few dry sessions. I knew better than to trust a shieldless bearing, but it was the peak of the shutdown and these were the only bearings my shop had in stock

My surprise favorite bearings (which no one asked for) are some Cortina bearings I bought on eBay for like $10 shipped. I've cleaned them once in a year and they spin better than basically any of the other bearing I've used in the past few years. This whole thread makes me wonder why I don't invest the earning of my well-paying adult job and buy some goddamn Swiss bearings

chrisskates808

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2020, 06:07:07 PM »
Bronson Raws. Started spinning like shit after a few dry sessions. I knew better than to trust a shieldless bearing, but it was the peak of the shutdown and these were the only bearings my shop had in stock

My surprise favorite bearings (which no one asked for) are some Cortina bearings I bought on eBay for like $10 shipped. I've cleaned them once in a year and they spin better than basically any of the other bearing I've used in the past few years. This whole thread makes me wonder why I don't invest the earning of my well-paying adult job and buy some goddamn Swiss bearings
Get those bones Swiss ceramics and they will last you for life !

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2020, 06:14:48 PM »
Some cheap cal 7. Felt good the first few weeks then stopped spinning smoothly at all. I didn't even skate rainy or sand shit. But they were like 17 bucks with blank wheels so