Author Topic: Worst bearings you ever skated  (Read 7135 times)

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
  • olive garden
Re: Worst bearings you ever skated
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2020, 05:55:22 AM »
Very sad news for the g3 ad at the top of the page

Tommy G

• Rep: -8
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2020, 06:22:21 AM »
Oddly enough, me and the homies all have had bad experience with Bones. All the reds I bought would die super quick and even with a cleaning, they never felt particularly great. Homie bought some bones Swiss and those died after a few months. Even after regular maintenance and speed cream, they would constantly seize up. We buy our shit from locals too so I know they aren’t fake.

I’m on Bronson G3’s now and haven’t had any issues. Longest set I’ve been riding is about a year old. Not as fast as they used to be but then again I haven’t cleaned them at all.

Special shoutout goes to FKD. I bought a set of Kalis’ pro bearings a long time ago and I still use them when I setup a new board and don’t have anything else on hand. For $10 they’re amazing.

I've had my set of G2's for over a year and they're doing just fine. They need to be cleaned soon, but even as squeaky as they've been they're still going strong. Reds are usually pretty solid when I feel like buying them, but sometimes I'll get a bad batch. Really just depends for either brand.

assvogel

• Rep: 213
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2020, 09:43:15 AM »
I remember the time when I thought I couldn't afford buying Swiss-bearings and had to carry tons of extra bearings in a film canister when basically every session started/ended with broken bearings. It was such a pain in the ass and complete waste of money in hindsight. From Speed Demons, Spitfires, Black Panthers, Reflex, Indys, Flip/FKD to any store/local brand... same crap in a different package. (Haven't tested Bronsons).

And all those bearings made for machinery were fun to reminiscent how good they were, but if you were to go back to those, they'd probably wouldn't ride as well you remembered, it was the bigger/softer wheels...

When I finally bought Swiss bearings and there was no going back. One set lasted for 6 years with minimal maintenance and they are still on my secondary complete.

I know there are even better bearings out there, but I think for the price/quality Bones Swiss are unbeatable. You can luck out with getting a really good set of Reds or any other China bearings but I wouldn't count on it...

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2020, 08:06:26 PM »
Probably cheapshots. At least they didn't lie though.

chrisskates808

« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2020, 09:35:56 AM »
Probably cheapshots. At least they didn't lie though.
Cheapshit lmao

manysnakes

« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2020, 12:38:57 PM »
Has this thread convinced anyone else to just shell out for a set or two of Swiss bearings? I'm just waiting to see if there are any good Black Friday deals

chrisskates808

« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2020, 12:42:29 PM »
Has this thread convinced anyone else to just shell out for a set or two of Swiss bearings? I'm just waiting to see if there are any good Black Friday deals
Like bones Swiss? But yes, you need to invest in bones Swiss, hopefully somewhere will have deals. Bones bearings all out stock.

manysnakes

« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2020, 12:47:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Like bones Swiss? But yes, you need to invest in bones Swiss, hopefully somewhere will have deals. Bones bearings all out stock.

Yeah, Bones Swiss. Not "Swiss" bearings, but Bones bearings, Made in Switzerland

chrisskates808

« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2020, 02:48:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah, Bones Swiss. Not "Swiss" bearings, but Bones bearings, Made in Switzerland
Haha seen those Andale Swiss but I don’t ever think anything will convince me to try it.

manysnakes

« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2020, 03:59:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Haha seen those Andale Swiss but I don’t ever think anything will convince me to try it.

Shady as hell. Ought not be legal

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2020, 07:52:19 PM »
seems people had good experiences with bones swiss but the set I have it seems they put too much grease in or something because just skating it for a month its all starting to leak out and get sticky. Probably if i keep skating them and let them dry out they'll be fast again but pretty bummed. I don't want to clean my shit i'm far too lazy the most i'm willing to do is dunk them in gasoline and get rid of all the grease.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2020, 08:25:43 PM »
seems people had good experiences with bones swiss but the set I have it seems they put too much grease in or something because just skating it for a month its all starting to leak out and get sticky. Probably if i keep skating them and let them dry out they'll be fast again but pretty bummed. I don't want to clean my shit i'm far too lazy the most i'm willing to do is dunk them in gasoline and get rid of all the grease.
yeah you gotta run them dry. I'm a week into a new set, last set was bought three years ago, and most are still great, but i had the cash so thought I'd invest now and have spares. They roll smooth but too quiet, they're at their best when they're loud af. You wanna spin them and hear Slayer playing faintly in the distance behind the hiss
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2020, 10:30:34 PM »
haven't seen them mentioned because i guess most of you don't live in Australia, but you might be aware of sunday hardware as the sponsor of chima, jake hayes, gabbers, dane burman, dean palmer, jack o'grady etc.

i tested some of their bearings a few years ago when they were new and sending shit out to all the shops, i think i tried three sets that all just like exploded within the first half hour, maybe even less time than that. they tried to say they'd had their whole team test them and that they'd never seen anything like that happen or ever had any feedback to that effect. every other skater/shop i spoke to had the same experience i had and got the same email back.

on another note, i once had a non-skating friend who wanted to have a go so i helped him buy a set-up. trying to teach him ollies on the spot and instead he would just do stationary front 360 ollies like knee high. it was fucking insane. but he would also explode bearings everytime he'd land {they were not sunday bearings}. i changed his bearings out a few times with old faithful spares of mine and yeah, just something about his savage impact was annihilating any bearing. so this dude was learning to skate the quickest and most impressively i've ever seen anybody do so, but he also had to quit skating quicker than almost anyone i've ever known because bearings couldn't handle him. one of the strangest days of skating ever.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2020, 11:11:01 PM »
After 10 years with only two sets of Bones Swiss I decided that I should save 15€ and try Bronsons instead of getting new Bones. Stupid move, I was impressed at first but they got weirdly sticky after a few sessions, to the extend of launching me off the board a few times. Will try to clean them but definitely going to buy Bones Swiss again in the future. Reds served me well when I didn’t have the cash for Swiss, but needed to take spares to sessions because they would break from time to time.