Author Topic: Andy Anderson should be in SOTY running  (Read 16977 times)

Double Thick Filbert

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -56
Re: Andy Anderson should be in SOTY running
« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2020, 07:36:24 PM »
I actually like him but a guy that wears fingerless gloves and a helmet skating curbs and can't switch flip shouldn't even be allowed to skateboard

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #211 on: December 29, 2020, 08:21:18 PM »
I actually like him but a guy that wears fingerless gloves and a helmet skating curbs and can't switch flip shouldn't even be allowed to skateboard

He can. Just not in this part.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #212 on: December 29, 2020, 08:22:46 PM »
Saying && is the goat, better than Ishod and GT and that stuff, is just like saying Pine is the best skater ever because he triple flips big stairs and does k-grind 540 shoves.

Tell me another skater who has competed pro level in street, bowl, and freestyle comps.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1231
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #213 on: December 29, 2020, 08:34:58 PM »
I firmly believe anyone who tries to compare && to Ishod cannot be older than 14 years old. It's like someone took all the worst parts of "Instagram skating" and ran it through some sort of AI software and Andy popped out.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

BurntPorridge

• Rep: -4
« Reply #214 on: December 29, 2020, 09:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Saying && is the goat, better than Ishod and GT and that stuff, is just like saying Pine is the best skater ever because he triple flips big stairs and does k-grind 540 shoves.
[close]

Tell me another skater who has competed pro level in street, bowl, and freestyle comps.

It's only thank to the addition of freestyle comps that you've eliminated any form of comparison. But since when is skating comps a prerequisite for being good though?

Banned from the room

« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2020, 09:43:23 PM »
I like andy sure he could someday be soty but he would have to learn switch tricks
get dlx trucks and tell thrasher about his meat wagon. I want some driving around not cal fucking stories with hit hippie grrls who just wanna blaze draw and play video games.

Lol

Brguy

« Reply #216 on: December 30, 2020, 12:01:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Most "top pros" these days could compete in street and bowl comps. Most can't on freestyle because no one gives a shit, besides &&, of course.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 375
« Reply #217 on: December 30, 2020, 12:04:20 AM »
he would have to learn switch tricks
get dlx trucks
tell thrasher about his meat wagon.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #218 on: December 30, 2020, 04:29:07 AM »
i watched the part again and came to the conclusion that i fucking hate it.

i was looking a bit past the tic tacing and general bad style at first, but on a second watch, i couldn't help but think the dude has such a limp style. there's no power and momentum at all to his skating. i agree he has a lot of finesse, but so many tricks would be way more dope if he didn't try to slide around a corner and yank himself out to almost a stand.

the first 5050 looked atrocious. i thought he was going for smith and missed it. i usually dig the cross lock, but that trick looked like shit.

that comment that said he is better than ishod was ridiculous. && will never do a stylish frontside flip down somewhere. i say this while keeping in mind that he's talented enough to do them probably, but i bet they'd be buttugly. nevermind that the dude has zero switch or nollie game. he is a niche talent. ishod can skate anything and look good. && only looks good doing manuals. even his boardslides suck because he has to wiggle around on everyone to keep them, which makes me not care about the length of the rail.

his nbds aren nbds not because he's the only one that could do them, it's no one does them because they are shit tricks no one would want to film or try.

i don't even care about his clothes or the helmet, although he looks like a little frail kid with posture issues when he's just riding his board with that helmet on. and about half of those rideaways are inexcusable. if you can't land a trick while keeping a minimum of speed and momentum, maybe do it on another spot or don't film it. the fact that he can balance manuals and rails real good doesn't help when it looks bad everytime he pops a trick or lands and rides away. seriously he lands most of his tricks but ugly and also stiff. to me there is zero flow to his skating, because whatever flow there  could be is interrupted by him doing some corny shit that slows him down.

i got nothing against the guy, i watched the mini documentary and thought his approach is somewhat cool, but man, that trick selection is the fucking worst. creativity this and that, it's about what you make of it. this is not the type of creativity i like in skating. it's clownshit to me.

also braille connection, fuck anyone associated with that shit company.

this

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #219 on: December 30, 2020, 05:19:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who gives a shit?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #220 on: December 30, 2020, 05:24:20 AM »
Who gives a shit?
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #221 on: December 30, 2020, 06:46:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Who gives a shit?
Also, since he's supposedly so god damn good, how many of these "pro level competitions" did he win?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #222 on: December 30, 2020, 07:21:57 AM »
Gross. No. Just no. Fuck no.

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #223 on: December 30, 2020, 03:59:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Most "top pros" these days could compete in street and bowl comps. Most can't on freestyle because no one gives a shit, besides &&, of course.

Grim Deeds

• Rep: 11
« Reply #224 on: December 30, 2020, 05:17:59 PM »
Gary didn’t disappoint

"trick selection like a Las Vegas buffet" had me rolling!

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 287
« Reply #225 on: December 30, 2020, 10:46:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

so by cheetah or whoever’s logic, mccrank is the greatest skater of all time? his freestyle is on par with &&’s street contest performance, and crank has dominated both park and street. i guess congrats to rick??