Author Topic: Numbers skateboards is still alive ?  (Read 22788 times)

Eric Dolphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Re: Numbers skateboards is still alive ?
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2021, 08:44:23 PM »
I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m stronger than all you bitches.
today I've been trying to figure out why I've put someone on ignore who doesn't even have 20 posts, so thanks for helping to clarify
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2021, 11:26:16 PM »
My Spanish Mother would be completely offended if you said I wasn't white

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2021, 04:03:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Silvas is a white name.  A bunch of ignorants in Slap.
[close]

Also it's an English company remember.

In England Miles is considered white.

It's not racist or ignorant. It's just different culture.

In fact it's the same nearly all over Europe.
[close]

Those guys saying hes not white because his name is Silvas, Silvas is an europe name, not latin.
[close]

Not sure why you feel the need to throw out that people are "ignorants" over origins of a name. Especially when there are plenty of non-white people (I have actually seen some Latinx people with it, though it could have been by marriage and not by ancestral line) with Silva or Silvas as their last name. That justifies the thought that Palace wasn't talking about Miles, since people may not see Miles as white, but the dudes in England (Europe) may view it differently and were being cheeky with "white guy" on purpose, idk.
Miles' parents aren't white, as far as I can remember from one of those Berrics PUSH things some years back, since they were on camera in it.

Further, European =/= white, by default.

Also, if Atiba Applebum and/or I got kooked for this.... why? Hahah! This sub conversation about this Palace ad is way more interesting than what Numbers is currently doing/other parts of this thread.
[close]

I said the opposite.

I said that it's not palace being ignorant

Although them calling Silva's white may seem that way.

It's a difference in cultural norms.

So to recap... I said no one was ignorant.

Miles would be considered white in England.
[close]

Can see where Panettone is coming from on this one. Like it's obviously a debated topic in U.S about Latinx people using the N-word, it can be fairly common I guess?

But fuck... you should've seen the looks my Latinx friend from NY got for dropping that shit multiple times at a London skatepark. We actually had to warn him to stop else shit was gonna kick off, cause in the UK you're seen as white.
[close]
This was some nice info about UK heads and how they see other cultures (vice versa with US and elsewhere)
I'm white so if I visit London I'll blend in until I start talking, then you'll know I'm American haha!

Panettone, I know you weren't. Your POV was a good one on it. I was referring to Swithflip on why "ignorant" was thrown out about me or anyone else that didn't think Miles was white,  etc. Like you said, different culture views on names/ethnic origins of people, which threw some of us of.

Back on topic, Numbers seems like it's going nowhere, which is a shame for Durao. I could see him on Krooked, Business &  Company (for some weird reason), or Habitat.

I dont have issues with Miles non white. I just came here to say Silva is a white name. Dudes said Miles isnt white because his name silvas. Mason Silva is white.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2021, 04:11:04 AM »
in america you are only whte if you are russian, britain, french, german, sweden, denmark, finnland or norway.

rest are people of color like spain and italy because they can dance and get a lot of sun

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2021, 04:43:13 AM »
in america you are only whte if you are russian, britain, french, german, sweden, denmark, finnland or norway.

rest are people of color like spain and italy because they can dance and get a lot of sun

LOL
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2021, 05:26:35 AM »

So glad Slap finally gets to weigh in on that age-old question: “Are Italians POC?”
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2021, 05:27:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
So glad Slap finally gets to weigh in on that age-old question: “Are Italians POC?”
And that the answer apparently is "yes"

Tabletop

• Rep: -72
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2021, 06:39:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
wasnt rodrigo tx mentioned in one of those "wed rather sponsor someone like ____. " palace ads or am i tripping?

honestly probably endup on skatemafia or something if the palace shit doesnt work out. who has he been skating for post flip? i thought he was already on primitive but i guess he was on numbers and i dont think ive seen a numbers anything ever. 

free max b
[close]
Don't think so, I remember this one, and it was referencing Miles Silvas.

[close]

That palace add is so lame. Like so fucking lame.

Zero integrity and class. Whatever though......
[close]

Very british. The stench of undeserved superiority off it is stifling.

Next to a photo of a krooked grind, its all rather average.
Whatever, that's their game - hype.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2021, 07:17:14 AM »
the only thing I'm bummed about is the A43 shape/concave of the Numbers boards was great.  For whatever reason I was super consistent on the 8.4 and 8.5 decks I had.  RIP

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • Free Max B
« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2021, 07:31:32 AM »
were you flow for numbers? crazy you found one in the wild let alone enough to get used to a certain shape.

that being said there are really only 2 main woodshops brands use, and maybe like 3 not so main ones get used. most likely PS stix and you can easily find that exact shape from a different brand. i think theres actually a list of who makes what (like ps and bbs) somewhere on these forums i dont remember where tho.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Panettone

« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2021, 11:34:14 AM »
were you flow for numbers? crazy you found one in the wild let alone enough to get used to a certain shape.

that being said there are really only 2 main woodshops brands use, and maybe like 3 not so main ones get used. most likely PS stix and you can easily find that exact shape from a different brand. i think theres actually a list of who makes what (like ps and bbs) somewhere on these forums i dont remember where tho.

free max b

There sure is. Looks numbers used more than one.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108595.0

BUSSY

• Rep: 0
  • **BUSSY**
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2021, 10:10:36 AM »
Btw That sting water dude either deleted Antonio’s footage or is holding it hostage

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2021, 12:42:18 PM »
Btw That sting water dude either deleted Antonio’s footage or is holding it hostage

We need to riot in DC and terrorize Daniel Kim until he gives it up.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

PhantomBased

• Rep: -13
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2021, 05:53:26 AM »
yeah kostons a person and guy is still dealing with post accute withdrawals cant expect him to give a shit about the inner workings of this good for nothing fake brand ive never seen in the wild once.

not sure how durao isnt geting paid by primitive or whatever brands actually pay people. that guy is motherfucked up on a skateboard

free max b

Post acute withdrawal from what? Leaving girl? Did he leave girl?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • Free Max B
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2021, 08:29:23 AM »
crack and dogfood

free max b
FREE MAX B

veritas

« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2021, 01:49:56 PM »
Expand Quote
yeah kostons a person and guy is still dealing with post accute withdrawals cant expect him to give a shit about the inner workings of this good for nothing fake brand ive never seen in the wild once.

not sure how durao isnt geting paid by primitive or whatever brands actually pay people. that guy is motherfucked up on a skateboard

free max b
[close]

Frontside smith grind flip out combos that he picked up in FF

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2021, 05:49:31 PM »

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2021, 07:14:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]

[close]
Frontside smith grind flip out combos that he picked up in FF
http://www.instagram.com/stories/guymariano/2665102221551026339/

guy skating april boards.

it's wild to me that these posts lined up so well while so far apart

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2021, 07:27:31 PM »

Russians and French are POC, buddy

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2021, 07:30:01 PM »
How good are White Russians tho
listen to cosmic psychos

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2021, 12:16:51 AM »
How good are White Russians tho
I drank White Russians on my 21st birthday I was told I had 21 but I blacked out at 10.  The following day wasn’t amazing

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2021, 12:21:38 AM »
Oh shit, that’s probably way too much bro
Make one in a pint glass with ice cubes and just nurse it for an hour

Yeah I bet you felt sick off all that milk plus booze ahaha
listen to cosmic psychos

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2021, 05:01:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nike probably diverted the money to Glue.

In all seriousness.... Koston and Guy never had a chance. One is a terrible human being and the other is a space cadet. There was never a moment of substance and their initial videos were awkward and forced. I hope Durao gets his.
[close]

Who cares if Koston is a bit annoying.  You think it bothers any Michael Jordan fans that he’s a border-line sociopath?
[close]
I never got the impression Koston is a terrible human being (unless that poster means Guy for the whole Justin Pierce shit). He just seems like a bit of a spazz when it comes to social media.
[close]

Same.  He seems to go on a lot of skate trips and is enjoyed by the younger guys.  I’d be a spazz too if I had to deal with that amount of commenting and input he receives and it’s not like he’s done anything lame on IG in many years.   People just want to keep kicking at him and MJ which I don’t get.  They were the greatest skaters in my lifetime.  I don’t enjoy them struggling
[close]
Yeah, Koston seems mostly liked by his peers (now his skill will buy him a ton of leeway), but compared to some other guys who get life-time passes for just being good, I haven't seen anything egregious. It's funny the dichotomy between MJ, Koston and Daewon. Everyone thinks Thank You sucks, but no one is going in on Daewon. Koston's a bit of a spazz, MJ is borderline crazy, but both help define skating for anyone who cared about skating between 1993-2010.

Not everyone. You should check out their current team, you will be eating those words hard. They are just taking the proper time to build the best company. And with Torey and Daewon running it, who are some of the most talented and grateful human beings alive, how it could it not go that direction?

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2021, 05:44:07 AM »
There's nothing whiter than explaining how you technically aren't white.
Names and nationalities don't mean shit.

I thought I liked white Russians as a bogan teenager but apparently drinking some McDonald's thickshake and topping it up with Kahlua doesn't really count

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2021, 06:03:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nike probably diverted the money to Glue.

In all seriousness.... Koston and Guy never had a chance. One is a terrible human being and the other is a space cadet. There was never a moment of substance and their initial videos were awkward and forced. I hope Durao gets his.
[close]

Who cares if Koston is a bit annoying.  You think it bothers any Michael Jordan fans that he’s a border-line sociopath?
[close]
I never got the impression Koston is a terrible human being (unless that poster means Guy for the whole Justin Pierce shit). He just seems like a bit of a spazz when it comes to social media.
[close]

Same.  He seems to go on a lot of skate trips and is enjoyed by the younger guys.  I’d be a spazz too if I had to deal with that amount of commenting and input he receives and it’s not like he’s done anything lame on IG in many years.   People just want to keep kicking at him and MJ which I don’t get.  They were the greatest skaters in my lifetime.  I don’t enjoy them struggling
[close]
Yeah, Koston seems mostly liked by his peers (now his skill will buy him a ton of leeway), but compared to some other guys who get life-time passes for just being good, I haven't seen anything egregious. It's funny the dichotomy between MJ, Koston and Daewon. Everyone thinks Thank You sucks, but no one is going in on Daewon. Koston's a bit of a spazz, MJ is borderline crazy, but both help define skating for anyone who cared about skating between 1993-2010.
[close]

Not everyone. You should check out their current team, you will be eating those words hard. They are just taking the proper time to build the best company. And with Torey and Daewon running it, who are some of the most talented and grateful human beings alive, how it could it not go that direction?

I was at a local shop picking out a deck and asked the employee if his rows of Thank You decks ever sell, and then, while I bought my deck, two dudes come in and buy Thank You decks. Real talk. I didn't buy one but two other motherfuckers did. It happens. I seen it.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

doublesteveburger

« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2021, 09:14:49 AM »
I can believe that. It’s a strange concept to grasp for some really fucking cool people that only live inside their perpetual cool bubble but outside of their perception of what they deem “cool” is an entire planet of people with different opinions.

That being said, no I will not buy a Thank You board.

iknowisuck

• Rep: 2
« Reply #146 on: September 18, 2021, 01:39:42 PM »

Feel like pure shit just want him back
Jokes on clothing < cutting off your foreskin with a chainsaw

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2021, 02:42:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

God he was such a unique treasure. He shouldn’t have been banned, just heavily moderated. He IS so over the top how can you even take those super intense takes seriously?

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2021, 05:28:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

God he was such a unique treasure. He shouldn’t have been banned, just heavily moderated. He IS so over the top how can you even take those super intense takes seriously?
A tragic.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2021, 01:30:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

@fs180 come back man

Did anyone watch the Schumacher documentary on Netflix? It's deadly.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in