Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 67987 times)

Hinna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #330 on: September 12, 2021, 05:37:34 PM »
ate most of a large pizza then tried to sk8. not the worst sesh but was full so a lot of sitting. skating back and forth through a sea of fruit flies

mushroom slice

« Reply #331 on: September 12, 2021, 06:48:30 PM »
Ollie manual the sidewalk thing in middle of street.
Push up slight hill. Try to Ollie the three man hole covers in row. Make first one , tail scrape second. Don’t even try third. Push push push to GGP market. Buy some stuff to catch fade.  Push push push back to three man hole covers. Push right by the manhole covers. Roll down slight hill. Swerve tail scrape. Push past manual thing. Ride through yellow bumps stop at front gate. Now inside house catching fade.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #332 on: September 13, 2021, 12:59:33 AM »
Went out to ampys today for swim in lagoon and to skate the ledges, was with a mate but called another mate on way to see if he’s keen, he’s all ahh nah I can’t mate I’m in the hospital I just broke my wrist

So kinda off the whole thing from the start but went to the ambassador and got a steak and a couple jugs
Got like 30 mins and it starts pouring rain so we ran back up to the pub

Gave it like 30 and it was dry cause summer, went back haven’t skated much lately so just trying to work on basic grinds and shit but the homie got full smoked it was bad, he’s got those fakie ollie back tails or whatever you call em, like nollie noseslide but backwards anyway he got above the ledge and went across the top of the ledge in a fakie manual for half a second, did half a flip in the air and just lands on his wrist and head all twisted to shit, there were cunts watching us and they straight up left

I think it half knocked him out cause he was looking at me but he had this real gnarly look on his face like he couldn’t see me and then he was like trying to crawl away just groaning and shit

Thinking about just not skating again for a few months ahaha
listen to cosmic psychos

FUBAR

• Rep: 249
« Reply #333 on: September 13, 2021, 03:06:09 AM »
Only got to skate once this week. Warmed up with the usuals. Once warm I went for a frontside slappy on a low curb (I’m still learning these) and once the front truck hit I got pitched forward and ate shit.
Worked on some lipslide shit. Never flipped my board once. Damn I wish I could skate more (said every dad that skates and is over 40).

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #334 on: September 13, 2021, 06:56:07 AM »
Better than my last couple today, most of my stock flip tricks came 1st or 2nd try.

Spent a good chunk of the session working on inward and varial heels, slow progress on these, but can at least spin the tricks now.

Also banged out a few nice varial flips, genuinely becoming one of my favourite tricks these days, I'm glad they aren't as stigmatised as they used to be.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #335 on: September 13, 2021, 05:30:59 PM »
couple back1 nosegrind 180s. a halfcab back smith. 3shuv fiddys. i love a good pissedoff sesh

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #336 on: September 13, 2021, 08:39:29 PM »
it was very nice

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #337 on: September 14, 2021, 12:59:32 AM »
Back at the small curb spot.  Completely lost how to get into slappy fs crooks, got bodied on a fs tail slide, didn't land any bs blunt slides and snapped my board on a fs pop shuv.  Good sesh.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #338 on: September 15, 2021, 08:17:06 AM »
carabiner keychain thing broke

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #339 on: September 19, 2021, 07:21:06 AM »
BS slappy, FS slappy. Repeat. Until I jammed my big toe. Repeat anyway. Until my knee started hurting, probably from favoring said toe. Give it a few more minutes, then decide to call it.

stupidfuckface

• Rep: 20
« Reply #340 on: September 19, 2021, 10:35:40 AM »
I went to my local curb spot there was a sesh in progress.  Half of the crew was sitting on the best curb, and the other half of the crew was wildly flailing and bailing flatground tricks in front of the main curb with absolutely no awareness of lineups or being in the way of hitting the curb.  Haha, good times...

Rein

• Rep: -21
« Reply #341 on: September 19, 2021, 10:44:22 AM »
Been doing sessions with another 'older' dude early in the morning at like 9 am until noon. Take a big JBL speaker with us and the park is always empty. Great way to start the day. Tried to back 5-0 the entire curb (12ft or smth) a few times but didn't get it.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #342 on: September 19, 2021, 01:42:03 PM »
I had a good session but the highlight was a slam. I was skating through a crowd of people sitting in the shade, did a kickflip to manual out of the shade in to the park and was holding it. The crowd was getting progressively stoked as I kept going, aiming to hold it until the bowl. I dropped my truck like half a millisecond too early and hung up. Luckily I caught the end of the transition in my fall so it was like a slide and I was completely unscathed. Pretty hilarious but deep down I’m kinda bummed I didn’t roll away. Hearing the crowd going from hyped to concerned, then laughing with me all in the span of 2 seconds was the best part.

FUBAR

« Reply #343 on: September 19, 2021, 04:57:08 PM »
Got to the park early. 45 minutes later, a huge skate class started with kids everywhere. Wanted to skate the parking lot and wait it out but the parents and their other kids were sitting on everything skateable. Session over. Looked forward to skating all week long, too. No more Saturday morning sessions there, I guess.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #344 on: September 19, 2021, 08:54:22 PM »
shouldve just politely asked them to move. nothing wrong with that

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
« Reply #345 on: September 20, 2021, 08:20:50 AM »

It was lovely. Hopefully will get another one in today.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #346 on: September 20, 2021, 10:27:20 AM »

i don’t fuckin know man

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #347 on: September 20, 2021, 10:29:00 AM »
did an ollie

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #348 on: September 20, 2021, 07:46:54 PM »
Went to Yonkers, skated the bump and the bank. Landed nollie back heel on the bank, landed Ollie and 180s in all stances, kickflip switchflip backside flip frontside flip nollie heel off the bump. Then I rushed home for my son's soccer practice.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1561
« Reply #349 on: September 21, 2021, 02:04:29 AM »
Went to Yonkers, skated the bump and the bank. Landed nollie back heel on the bank, landed Ollie and 180s in all stances, kickflip switchflip backside flip frontside flip nollie heel off the bump. Then I rushed home for my son's soccer practice.

Tankie on a bankie
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #350 on: September 21, 2021, 04:51:31 AM »
My friend and I set up pallets near a dumpster as a long manny pad last night.

It was fun. Finally got a decent frontside 180 switch manny switch back 180 out : ) I almost always tail drag those at the end <3

P.s. the pallets were returned as we found them scouts honor

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #351 on: September 21, 2021, 08:03:46 AM »
I had a relatively good session with my new deck yesterday. I worked on a line starting with a kickflip up a curb, followed by a flatground heelflip and then kickflip down the same curb (my flip game is ridiculous). Anyway I got the kickflip almost every time (albeit rockety) and was close to landing the heelflip as well but then all of a sudden I made a wrong step on my back foot, didn't even slam or twist it, it just hurt in my heel and the session was over. It still hurts today and I can't skate even though I am on holidays and the sun is out.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #352 on: September 21, 2021, 09:32:10 AM »
Was having a really good day.  Finally learned front smiths on ledges, then I rolled the fuck out of my ankle doing a 5050.  Dues have been paid.  Hoping I can skate this weekend.

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #353 on: September 21, 2021, 05:02:27 PM »
Forgetting how to kickflip is the worst. Threw me off completely so I just went home.

IpathCats

« Reply #354 on: September 21, 2021, 05:28:10 PM »
On a juice cleanse this week. It's got me feeling all weird. Went on a night cruise through the neighborhood and felt like I got a runners high, or maybe I just need to eat. Idk, shit was tight.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #355 on: September 22, 2021, 06:33:39 AM »
Forgetting how to kickflip is the worst. Threw me off completely so I just went home.

Same.
why come?

somefucker

« Reply #356 on: September 23, 2021, 06:08:46 AM »

It was lovely. Hopefully will get another one in today.

come to annvan

FUBAR

« Reply #357 on: September 25, 2021, 01:08:07 PM »
Found a new curb, it’s yellow and at a nice angle. Something clicked today and I started getting my bs slap krooked grinds to lock in nicely. I got a couple that felt like butter but then my son got stung by something and we bailed.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #358 on: September 25, 2021, 01:11:44 PM »
I got the nicest bs 50/50 ever today on a very low stairstep. I struggled forever with those but I guess it helped that I got better at bs 180s and Bs slappies lately.
why come?

Ivotedfortrudeau

• Rep: -4
« Reply #359 on: September 25, 2021, 02:55:17 PM »
  I learned another fly out of the bowl I skate.  Bs 180 nose grab.  Maybe someday I'll get it 360.  Anyway the nosegrab 180 is really fun. 
not really