Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 68023 times)

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #390 on: October 10, 2021, 04:18:41 PM »
Skated a fresh 9” pop, down from a 9.75” shape I stuck with way too long. Steep(or non sogged-out-flat) tail hurt my knee and new grip was scary.  Just an old guy muttering to himself and laughing.

Hinna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #391 on: October 11, 2021, 06:43:51 PM »
hippie jump mannys

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #392 on: October 11, 2021, 07:10:10 PM »
brought a setup to the laundromat and seshed a bench that was sticking out under a pile of trash bags
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Tommy G

• Rep: -8
« Reply #393 on: October 11, 2021, 07:14:58 PM »
I left the motorcycle festival in Birmingham and skated the small park north of Tuscaloosa on Saturday. Got a little line in on the hip, quarter pipe, and the flatbar. My stamina's basically gone but it felt good that I can still skate like that after I warm up. I ate some pizza with a few of the locals before I headed onto my friend's house.

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #394 on: October 11, 2021, 07:59:13 PM »
Practiced transition tricks on the mini qp at ossining, actually landed a half cab crook on the small ledge

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #395 on: October 17, 2021, 08:29:59 PM »
actually bothering with heelflips which is rare

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #396 on: October 19, 2021, 09:18:45 AM »
left my phone in the grass bc i dont like it in my pocket. Its a basketball court in the suburbs, usually I'm there alone.

some dad came with his kid they were just learning how to push around and stuff. Then i saw them leave real suddenly and I thought i might have done something to piss them off or something so I kept skating.

When i was leaving saw my phone screen cracked to hell. One of them definitely shot the board out onto precisely the spot where my phone was and dipped before I realized. :(

cky enthusiast

« Reply #397 on: October 19, 2021, 03:55:47 PM »
local pro came thru the park i was skating solo for a lil sundown sesh. mutual shredding occured

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #398 on: October 19, 2021, 09:00:53 PM »
went to the spot I usually skate alone and 4 other separate people showed up to skate. had the 2 dudes in full pads/helmet doing slappy board slides with rails on their cruisers and their girl on roller-skates who was too high to do anything (she kept saying she was high). Some dude in really skinny jeans and pumas showed up, did a bunch of runner stretches, and some cool manual variations. some other dude showed up with a big ass board and was ollieing a trashcan (a metal one on its side) with me. I asked him the wheel base of this big ass board because he was popping pretty high and he said "I don't know. 10? I like the way it looked." It was then I realized that SLAP is not the real world.

Cool session though. even though we weren't shredders, everyone was landing whatever the were trying and the hype was mutual. I don't have the skills I used to have and it's kind of weird skating with people my age or younger who I don't know and who are rippers when I'm trying to get my basics back. shit was wicked fun though
Support your local skate shop

FUBAR

• Rep: 249
« Reply #399 on: October 20, 2021, 03:09:45 AM »
went to the spot I usually skate alone and 4 other separate people showed up to skate. had the 2 dudes in full pads/helmet doing slappy board slides with rails on their cruisers and their girl on roller-skates who was too high to do anything (she kept saying she was high). Some dude in really skinny jeans and pumas showed up, did a bunch of runner stretches, and some cool manual variations. some other dude showed up with a big ass board and was ollieing a trashcan (a metal one on its side) with me. I asked him the wheel base of this big ass board because he was popping pretty high and he said "I don't know. 10? I like the way it looked." It was then I realized that SLAP is not the real world.

Cool session though. even though we weren't shredders, everyone was landing whatever the were trying and the hype was mutual. I don't have the skills I used to have and it's kind of weird skating with people my age or younger who I don't know and who are rippers when I'm trying to get my basics back. shit was wicked fun though
“It was then I realized that SLAP is not the real world” - Awesome
I took yesterday off and hit two different parks. This was cool to me because I’m usually doing my shitty skateboarding solo in a parking lot with curbs. The first park was fun to warm up at (I was the only one there) but there were shady dudes sitting in their trucks watching and it was kind of weird. I had the second park to myself for about 45 minutes. A couple of dudes showed up who were cool as fuck and we shot the shit and skated. Great day to be a skateboarder.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #400 on: October 20, 2021, 03:52:12 PM »
some flat. got outta there in time as a massive cloud of stone saw dust was looming in from down the street

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #401 on: October 20, 2021, 04:15:57 PM »
Went to the new Torrance park for the first time and ended up eating shit and bruising my palm on the tiniest hubba you could imagine. Initially couldn't figure out why i couldn't land my go-to's and didn't remember until after i drove off that my baseplate bolts were loose so thats why my trucks felt all crazy. also slipped out and hit my head for the first time in forever which wasn't exactly fun.

spent the last 30 minutes at the park skating flat with my friends and that ended up being super fun and finished the session on a high note.

post-sesh we went to a 7-eleven to get bev and saw some dude casually walking around with a Jason mask, that was pretty interesting

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #402 on: October 20, 2021, 05:00:31 PM »
Landed my first ever nollie fs heel
Did some bs 360s.
My car is broke so flatground in the street is the best I can manage.

dofrenzy

« Reply #403 on: October 20, 2021, 05:41:20 PM »
Last session was yesterday (then started feeling sick and was sick all day today)….but it was an interesting session.

It was my first session without social media.  A couple weeks ago I finally deleted my facebook account after years of frequently disabling it temporarily.  For the next couple weeks I found myself wondering, often, why I was sticking with Instagram.  Talking with my wife about it, I wondered out-loud, “do I skate to put up YouTube and Insta clips, or do I skate because I enjoy it?”  I think I knew the answer to my question, because I don’t have IRL skate homies so I skate mostly alone, occasionally with my daughter on blades, and once with a random but really cool SLAP homie and his girl who were passing through…..but yeah, I know I get stoked by digital homies.  But one other thing was on my mind….

In an important-to-me thread right here on SLAP, someone mentioned that depressed people shouldn’t have social media.  I do struggle with mild depression and I couldn’t get that idea out of my head for many months.  So I finally blew it all up a few days ago.  All YouTube vids deleted, Instagram account deleted.  This SLAP forum is all that is left of my “social media”.

So my last session was a *little* weird, knowing I couldn’t share my improvement, or my slams, in the usual fashion, but like I said, I do know why I skate, and my last session was more of the same: a loud PHEW! after a sketchy land, and of course a heavy dose of stoke after a solid line.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #404 on: October 21, 2021, 01:21:30 PM »
Last session was yesterday (then started feeling sick and was sick all day today)….but it was an interesting session.

It was my first session without social media.  A couple weeks ago I finally deleted my facebook account after years of frequently disabling it temporarily.  For the next couple weeks I found myself wondering, often, why I was sticking with Instagram.  Talking with my wife about it, I wondered out-loud, “do I skate to put up YouTube and Insta clips, or do I skate because I enjoy it?”  I think I knew the answer to my question, because I don’t have IRL skate homies so I skate mostly alone, occasionally with my daughter on blades, and once with a random but really cool SLAP homie and his girl who were passing through…..but yeah, I know I get stoked by digital homies.  But one other thing was on my mind….

In an important-to-me thread right here on SLAP, someone mentioned that depressed people shouldn’t have social media.  I do struggle with mild depression and I couldn’t get that idea out of my head for many months.  So I finally blew it all up a few days ago.  All YouTube vids deleted, Instagram account deleted.  This SLAP forum is all that is left of my “social media”.

So my last session was a *little* weird, knowing I couldn’t share my improvement, or my slams, in the usual fashion, but like I said, I do know why I skate, and my last session was more of the same: a loud PHEW! after a sketchy land, and of course a heavy dose of stoke after a solid line.

I feel you mate. Although I always got stoked to see some ripping from your insta, I understand your reasoning behind it. You are a big fucking inspiration to me personally, that you started skating with 50 years young and took some heavy slams. Keep your head up and enjoy the simple things in life. You have it really good with a wife, a daughter and a backyard ramp, never forget that. Much love and keep the stoke up!
IG: @flowterspace

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #405 on: October 21, 2021, 01:38:51 PM »
Does skating from bar to bar doing the occasional kick flip count as a session? If so, I had a great session last Saturday. The hills in Seattle are no joke, though.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1502
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #406 on: October 21, 2021, 01:48:35 PM »
Sounds like you did more tricks than I do during some of my sessions. It def counts.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #407 on: October 22, 2021, 01:55:33 PM »

this was me skating fdr today. i’m jj marvin obv

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #408 on: October 23, 2021, 05:48:21 PM »
Went to my local skatepark and skated flatground pretty much the whole time...I was that guy.

opesorry

• Rep: 22
« Reply #409 on: October 23, 2021, 07:03:51 PM »
I just moved a couple weeks ago and the park closest to my house is the best worst park I think I’ve ever seen. 3 of those really shitty plastic quarterpipes and a pyramid/rail thing to match that’s virtually unskateable.
But then there’s a decent flat bar and a ton of curbs/manny pads/bigger curbs that slide and are actually really awesome. Especially because I’ve been wanting to learn slappies lately, never did them when I was younger and I guess now is the time.

Took my 2 1/2 year old with an old deck he likes to “skate,” and he was entertained running around long enough to let me get in a decent session and do my first backside slappy, which was embarrassingly satisfying.

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #410 on: October 23, 2021, 11:05:10 PM »
Went to an out of town skatepark not feeling my legs at all, while warming up I try to manual/nose manual the empty manny pad unsuccessfully, right after that a couple of locals make a lot of combos, one even bouncing a fucking tennis ball while switch nosemanual. Was feeling kinda vibed out and pretty down about my skating, when some other local ask me to play a game of SKATE to warm up. Ended up playing flatground, ledge tricks and tricks on obstacles, had a really good time and also made a new skate friend which is not usual for me.

Later on went to buy some skate stuff from the driver of the first Nike SB tour around here, he gave me a shirt and a deck both used by koston, still don't know if I should skate it or not. Also told me some crazy stories about the tour, and how everyone was really nice, treating him(who doesn't skate or even speak English) like one of them.

Felt really good about skateboarding at the end of the day

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
« Reply #411 on: October 24, 2021, 01:09:29 AM »
I broke in my new deck which was good but ate shit three times and now my ankle, wrist and both palms hurt.

I also made a skate friend which is kinda cool but feels weird as I usually skate alone and am fully focused on the stuff I am trying. This does not work with friends as you have to talk to them from time to time but as I am old if I talk five minutes my legs are cold again and I am not in the zone anymore. On the other hand it‘s nice to nerd out about skate stuff, of course.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #412 on: October 24, 2021, 06:57:54 AM »
mellow sesh. touched a squirrels tail

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #413 on: October 24, 2021, 07:23:15 AM »
Completely demolished myself on a switch pop shove that decided to flip 1/4 of the way right as I caught it. Managed to fuck up an ankle, a knee, and a wrist all at once

Finally figured out backside slappy crooks.  What a nice feeling trick

Even Steven I guess
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Landmine

• Rep: 185
« Reply #414 on: October 24, 2021, 11:40:56 AM »
I skated a little ditch under a highway.  It was fun, but coming off two separate rib injuries still has me spooked so I had to keep reminding myself to stop being timid. 

cky enthusiast

« Reply #415 on: October 24, 2021, 03:10:13 PM »
aired over a guy for the first time ever

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #416 on: October 24, 2021, 07:24:00 PM »
Landed a switch frontside flip for the first time in ages, and a nollie frontside flip, then cracked my board trying a nollie backside flip, had to skate the rest of the session on ramp on a mini quarter pipe because anything else would break my board all the way and I had no replacement

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #417 on: October 24, 2021, 08:12:07 PM »
runaway dog mid sesh. finding miko. who was found

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1561
« Reply #418 on: October 24, 2021, 08:45:12 PM »
Been in El Paso for three weeks working every single day but today’s my bday and I was determined to get a sesh in as a little gift to myself.

I went to northeast skatepark and was getting vibed out by 16 year olds with shake junt grip. They were going full demo mode and barging through the park to Ollie of a bank over a cone. One kid made it. One of them asked about my board, so I let him try it but didn’t say shit about how loose my trucks were, and as soon as he threw down he almost instantly got wheel bite and got pitched. After that I said, “shit sorry dude, the trucks are kinda loose.”

But despite  I skated pretty well. At the park they’ve got an absolutely fucked bowl that was really fun. I hit tile in the deepend with the pool coping and I’m insanely proud of that shit and telling everyone who will hear it.

Here’s a video of the trucks for reference (excuse my dirty ass hands I went straight from work to the park). As well as a video I took of the bowl, I added like 15 seconds of my favorite spazz song to it to cover up the sound of me breathing like Tony Soprano eating cold cuts.

https://youtube.com/shorts/F-sr30S3kD4?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/qv8gVqQhPyc?feature=share
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #419 on: October 26, 2021, 05:34:16 AM »
“yeah my wife was fuckin this other dude and he beat the shit out of me” is not info id volunteer to strangers…

i do appreciate when people put on dance/fun music instead of having to listen to black flag AGAIN tho