Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 62162 times)

MyUserName

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« on: January 25, 2021, 06:41:24 AM »
Not a "post your footage" thread, not a space to brag about what tricks you landed, but rather an opportunity to describe the "little things" of your latest session.

Who were you with? Where did you go? How was the vibe? Was it mellow, or did someone go off? Were you alone? Was it your first time skating in a while? Was it cathartic or frustrating? Was the best part the skating or something else entirely?

Share it here.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 07:01:02 AM »
Skated about a mile from my house to a threestair with a shootout rail. Homie got his cruiser run over on the way and snapped his deck. It was funny, we laughed it off. Stopped at a ledge to warm up, did a couple tricks and carried on to the shootout. I was popping on to it but sticking. The landing spits out right into a busy road so timing the traffic was super frustrating. Didnt get the trick but i know i can go back at a time with less traffic and land it.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 07:04:02 AM »
I don't skate
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 07:05:57 AM »
i went to the maxx fuccboi park in center city after running some errands cause it gets dark early and it’s lit. it was empty cause it was 25 degrees and windy, i skated a board cobbled together from homie parts cause my actual board ended up in a river the session before this and i don’t have the scratch to buy a new set up right now. i landed the stuff i usually land.

CannerSpaghetti

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 07:09:08 AM »
Went to one of the parks near me by myself. When I got there everything was wet and there was weird sand everywhere. I asked one of the kids what happened and he said about half an hour ago some guy tried to drop in, ate shit, and the side of his glasses got pushed into the side of his head near the temple. The water and sand were there to clean up all of the blood and vomit. I left after hearing that and went to catch up with the homies at a manuel spot and rolled my ankle lol. Managed to skate half decent before that happened though so not super bummed.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 07:17:58 AM »
Yesterday was one of the first days in weeks with blue skies and above freezing. I went to this schoolyard with stunning views over lake Zurich. There were still piles (!) of snow so a few ledges were not skateable but some where fine and the ground was dry. I always skate alone with my wife filming. She got a few clips of boardslides and 50/50s on ledges I had done before but this time got them from different angles. Got a clip of a flatground kickflip too with the lake and hills in the background and steel blue skies. When you watch it you almost forget to look at the trick as the scenery is so stunning. Today its snowing again so I am happy for this opportunity.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 07:21:00 AM »
This Saturday my 8 year old son wanted to take his RC car and finger board to the skate park. He does not want to skateboard yet cause it’s ‘too dangerous’.

Went over before lunch it was sunny but windy and 30 degrees. Had my Dane 1 and had so much fun skating shitty prefab ramps with that thang.

A 6 year old girl showed up half way through and was Trying to drop in on the pyramid. I convinced her to start by riding up ramps and she listened. I then went and nicely told the mom about the dangers of skateboarding and she said ‘oh, she’s my little daredevil. She’s already had broken bones’.

Also let the girl ride the Dane 1 and she said ‘you have a really nice skateboard’. Sounds like the daughter has more sense than the mom.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 07:21:48 AM »
Snowskate sessions only recently due to -15 celcius weather and everything indoors being covidclosed

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 07:29:42 AM »
Hit up a parking garage at a COVID-vacated movie theater while it snowed and cruised around making a lot of noise powersliding until I warmed up.  Then I skated flat for a while, which I almost never do, and worked on some tricks I wish I could land.  Even made a little progress on a couple of them. I've gotten hurt a lot this winter, so the low-impact stuff turned out to be pretty rewarding and it made me want to do that some more.  Maybe I will after my kids are asleep tonight, especially if the closest parks haven't dried out yet.   

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 07:37:50 AM »
Skated with two of my long time homies from high school. Landed some tricks on flat for the first time in years. After skating flat and curbs went to the local and didn’t skate because it was crowded and not a mask in sight. Skated again a few hours later at night and had a blast in the cold.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

nolliecrooked

• Rep: -23
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 07:49:43 AM »
just went today before work on a big flatground spot next to my house, it was fun, just did a little bit of flat tricks and over a trash bag I found, skated for 40min, best way to start the day, sucks to skate alone but its better than not skating! this spot is a blessing, is like almost a whole block of flatground, and everything is closed in the morning, not too close of houses, so perfect for fast solo mission

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 07:56:25 AM »
Took my puppy to the DIY spot and cruised around while she chased me.
Cocteau Twins

AngryBlackMan

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 08:42:48 AM »
Went to the park Sunday. For some reason it was flooded with rollerbladers when I usually see like 1 a month. They waxed the ledges up so me and buddy just skated the curb trying to get back to back slappy tricks. Slappy crook shuv out was the highlight. Got a few tricks out of the bank first try which was nice.

My son, he’s 8, and some other kid figured out how to ride down stairs and were super proud of themselves.

And my axle slipped on my brand new indys which is lame.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 10:55:28 AM by AngryBlackMan »

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 10:22:36 AM »
A sunny Saturday but it was cold as fuck so no one else was there aside from one local die hard grom.  Did some ollies and relearned how to skate transition. 

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 10:37:24 AM »
it rained yesterday so I went to the good parking garage in town, people I know were already there. Dorked around and did some slappies and manuals. I wasn't feeling coordinated so I left after about a half hour.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 10:42:51 AM »
I post on the slap message boards so it was a really long time ago

budsnbolts

• Rep: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 10:54:30 AM »
Slipped off the coping of a 6ft onto flat at my local, now my wrist is parked for the next 3 months.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 10:57:17 AM »
I live less than a mile away from an indoor park. Haven’t been in awhile cuz some locals have an indoor spot themselves.

They built a new ride on up ledge that is super fun. Crazy to see all the local young kids there progress. Haven’t been in a couple months and kids who previously were just learning to drop in on the bowl are now doing backside grinds and early grab airs. I love skating

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2021, 11:09:54 AM »
Skated some curbs with friends. Outdoors, social distanced. Was good- everyone has been skating regularly so we all saw some progress. Nice sunny San Diego afternoon in the 70s. Life is good.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2021, 12:24:34 PM »
i found a new spot in my neighborhood with a weird rounded metal bench, fucked around on it for a while and then i went home. i love finding new ledges because they're pretty rare in my town, this one is kind of awkward to skate, you can't really do any slides on it but it grinds well
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2021, 12:30:28 PM »
cruising on damp concrete at a frigid empty park

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2021, 12:44:57 PM »
I went to a parking garage. Met two guys that just started skating. I am not the most social person but had a lot of fun with them. It was really refreshing to see someone being really stoked about tricks like kickflips and 50-50s.
IG: @flowterspace

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2021, 12:47:48 PM »
Tore my ACL chasing my cat mid December. I can't remember my last session. So lame.

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2021, 12:58:12 PM »
Went to the spot, tried a 360 flip, fs shove it and a kickflip. Missed all of them, talked for the rest of the session and then went and ate cheese burgers and fries with my boss.
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2021, 12:58:25 PM »
its hella winter here like mad snow in canada where i live. there is this goodlife fitness gym thats closed down cause of rone dog and its like a hybrid parking garage with 1 side open the other sides closed. i just hit it on my own was good times worked on some shit
ONTARIO CANADA

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2021, 01:00:00 PM »
It was really cold out and I was wearing gloves.

I pretended I was Heath for a second...it was the black gloves. Than I ollied the hip and got about a foot of the ground.

bonafidekook

• Rep: 6
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2021, 01:00:34 PM »
First time skating in 4 months when the weather co-operated last Friday. Went to a park Ive only been to a couple times, new deck, new trucks, new shoes. Wheels slipped out on a bs180 and went straight to tail bone on pool coping right in front of all the locals. Feelsgoodman see ya guys in the spring.

Your Cousin Marvin

• Rep: -144
  • Having my poasts moderated makes me sad
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2021, 01:08:00 PM »
Went with my brother - dodged some big puddles and muddied my grip
1:1 Ratio

Brguy

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2021, 01:36:21 PM »
There's this park where I live that has a small bowl in it, I started skating the benches more regularly and just trying to do lines and stuff. Twisted my ankle second to last time I skated trying to hop over on of the benches, yesterday I went there and landed the line I was trying, it was kinda sketchy because I wasn't really in the mood but I still got really happy, specially at the end because I did an ollie on a street bump and I haven't done a good one of these in a really long time. I'm just really stoke to be skating there, feels like I'm starting a revolution one trick at a time, soon enough there will be tons of people skating that shit like it's a tighter crustier version of love park.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2021, 01:39:48 PM »
I saw a dad in his 50’s with his son pull up in a Tesla with vanity plates at the skatepark by my office after work. Both had boards and helmets. Dad went right to the quarter pipe and started teaching himself to drop in.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion