Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 66503 times)

Landmine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 185
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2021, 12:01:59 PM »
Met up with Freelance Vagrant and his buddy at a local park, rolled in with water in one hand and coffee in the other, hit a crack and went down spilling my coffee and bruising two ribs.  Totally not embarrassing at all, definitely made my morning super awesome.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #271 on: August 16, 2021, 12:31:04 PM »
oof yeah i dont really like to sktae much hips these days, even really mellow one i try to just stick to shove it tricks. so easy for that shit to go wrong. it does feel sick to roll away from those tricks with speed though but yeah i dont have the confidence / speed to skate that kind of stuff with flip tricks right now.

i just hit the curb spot again at lunch and got another trick that took me WAY longer than it should have only in that i got it seemingly like 3rd try this morning warming up only to battle it out just now in the heat. but the one i ended up getting was so good so i am glad i fought it out i went WAY faster on the good one i got vs the warm up one i did this morning.

2/2 today is hype, probably going to be rain next few days waiting for the homey to get back form vacation to hanlde just like 1 or 2 more things and wrap up this damn vid!!!

That's sick to hear mate. Looking forward to your video.
IG: @flowterspace

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #272 on: August 16, 2021, 10:29:08 PM »
Weather forecast was promising rain for the next 5 days so after dinner with the family I quickly rushed to the nearest park hoping to get 20 minutes in as the clouds were already rolling in, but rain didn’t start until 45 minutes later so it felt like a win.

Did probably the best bs 5050 I’ve managed so far and unsuccessfully battled a dumb slappy nose shuv out like a poser.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2021, 04:48:35 PM »
bank. backside flips caspers and practicing proper noseblunts. some flippitydoos in between. i love a good pissed off sesh

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 700
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #274 on: August 19, 2021, 07:12:38 AM »
met the homey at this spot

was really good session despite it being insanely hot out
got double flip, heel varial off the curb, kickflip off the curb, super nice frontside slappy, nollie 5050, fakie blind 180 heel
was just good to be outside. i really wanted to film stuff to finish my vid but  iwas just too pooched and wanst feeling it in my heart

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #275 on: August 19, 2021, 01:06:09 PM »
@PuffinMuffin  ouch that looks bad, I hope it heals quickly.

@rawbertson that‘s a long manny dude!

My last two sessions sucked. All was fine on Monday, I got kickflips up and down curbs and over small gaps but since I replaced my bushings on Tuesday my set up doesn‘t feel the same and my kickflips are somehow off. I hope I‘ll get used quickly but I‘ll have to change the deck shortly as well and I dread this will mean further relearning/adjusting instead of progressing.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2021, 04:42:01 PM »
evening slappies. didnt see shelby and hot enough today i had the whole spot to myself. fiddys flip fiddys and such. working on other shit. some kid probably like 10 with a plastic cruiser was lurking so i just said something like hey glad you have that but ask your parents to get you a wooden board. he obliged

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #277 on: August 19, 2021, 08:36:50 PM »
Cracked my board on a flatground nollie popshuvit. I was not satisfied

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #278 on: August 19, 2021, 08:37:36 PM »
haven’t really been feeling 100% with my skating as of late but i also haven’t really been skating as much due to work, a new(er) relationship, and just a lot of stress that i keep to myself, but been parking far away from work so i can skate to and from my car everyday/every time i leave work (making up reasons just to get some time to cruise around) and i must say that just pushing around town on my cruiser has brought me a lot of joy recently. brings me back to being a kid and not knowing or caring about anything other than just riding my board.

Tinymanualpad

• Rep: 8
« Reply #279 on: August 24, 2021, 06:56:49 AM »
In covid lockdown in Sydney, feeling like i need to get out and do SOMETHING last Friday night. The local skateparks are crowded as hell during lockdown so I go skate an empty multi level carpark that’s a few years old, has three large open levels connected by down ramps,  with nice smooth concrete, the bottom two levels are always empty. There’s one sweet little waxed parking block, some little waxed curbs, a kinda cool waxed curb that leads into a carpark down ramp into the bottom level. I’ve done around 20 000 steps on my meter reading route that day at work, one beer in me. I’ve got a sore foot arch on my front foot, some arch support inserts that make my shoes a little too snug to the point of discomfort. I’m late 30s and clinging to a shrinking bag of lame tricks. Listening to a comedy podcast while I skate. The bottom level of the carpark is pay-to-park and normally has boom gates but they’re removed for some kind of work so I drive down, then notice license plate recognition  cameras and spend most the skate mildly anxious I’m gonna have to pay to get out of the carpark exit boom gates. Took a broom with me to sweep toxic looking concrete carpark dust off some little down curbs that are on the side of the down ramps. Wax em up and try some lame little 50/50s up and down to break em in. Did one or two shitty little bluntslides on the double sided curb. Maybe some fakie ollies and tiny nollies on flat. Feet sore as shit. Felt very rusty, probably didn’t even flip my board. Went home feeling unsatisfied and pretty bad at skateboarding.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #280 on: August 24, 2021, 09:56:50 AM »
Usually just stick to the mini but the park was empty so I messed around on the ledges. Got fakie shove switch 5050 half cab off in like 15 tries which blew my mind. Never even got one on the low box before that day

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2021, 11:42:30 AM »
 Finally re-learned fs smith grinds on ledges.  Not a hard trick, and one I’ve done thousands of times, but I’ve had a real mental block with them since coming back to skating. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #282 on: August 25, 2021, 02:43:54 PM »
Skated the curb adjacent to the local park. Did the best frontside slaps of my life, or so it felt, anyway. Kinda invented a trick: stepped off with my back foot during a fs 5050 as I lost speed and gave a little jazz push as the board came off the curb and hopped back on.  Tried a couple intentionally and it’s totally doable and dorky enough I plan on getting them down. 

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #283 on: August 26, 2021, 07:30:57 AM »
Tried no comply disasters last Friday. Landed with my feet too close together but thought I could get away with readjusting my feet while rolling back in. My back foot ended up slipping off and my old ass did the splits.

charge

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #284 on: August 26, 2021, 08:57:57 AM »
went skating for the first time in 10 years last weekend. borrowed a board and skated a little kinda closed off park in San Francisco with no traffic. some mellow hills and some curbs and got some flatground back. surprised myself with some stuff i could still pull off. but man was i sore..still kinda am....now i'm super excited to get a board pieced together. some PALs are helpin me with that and i'm super excited. thanks to all you all of making me excited to get back on the board.

FUBAR

• Rep: 247
« Reply #285 on: August 27, 2021, 02:37:46 PM »
Drove 45 mins to the new park, got there early. Rain kind of flooded it so the skateable part was smaller. A few dudes showed up who were ripping and had def skated the park before. I couldn’t skate anywhere without being in the way, so I watched for a few and bailed. I wasn’t there to be a spectator. An hour and a half round trip for maybe 30 mins of skating. Went to the local curb and there was one car in the while lot, parked right in front of the curb. Went home bummed since I was looking forward to skating today all week. Maybe next time.

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #286 on: August 27, 2021, 03:03:46 PM »
Embarrassed but I landed my first kickflip yesterday.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #287 on: August 27, 2021, 03:12:25 PM »

Why would you be embarrassed about that?
why come?

FUBAR

• Rep: 247
« Reply #288 on: August 27, 2021, 03:30:24 PM »
Not embarrassing at all! Right on!

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2021, 06:01:26 PM »
spot

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #290 on: August 27, 2021, 11:27:21 PM »
i did a heelflip on a snow quaterpipe...

it was actually a dream

Doodily

• Rep: 4
« Reply #291 on: August 28, 2021, 04:35:08 AM »
Finally started landing kickflips. Spent the past year working on them. I'd occasionally land one, but it was sporadic. I watched every youtube, instagram, etc howto. However, I ultimately found a body and foot position that worked (facing more forward than square with the board and then split the board when I ollie) and it all fell into place and felt natural.

Also started working on rock fakies. I can do rock&rolls, but the rock to fakie sketch me out and I would slam every time. But there is no reason it shouldn't be in my bag o' tricks, so I'm just going to push through the mindfuck.

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #292 on: August 28, 2021, 06:48:00 AM »
Went street skating with a homie last week. Went to this bank spot that's a bit steep and has a fucked up roll-up. Took a bad slam rolling up to the bank with speed and getting pitched by a loose brick in the brick pathway. Tried to get a basic feeble stall on the bank after and ended up rolling my ankle after about 15-20 minutes of trying. I'll definitely have to go back to that spot once my ankle is in better shape again.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #293 on: August 28, 2021, 01:08:54 PM »
All my skate stuff has broken or gotten way too old to use at once. I guess my old skate shoes are still good for half a dozen more sessions but they run a size big (which I didn’t realize when I bought them) so I was getting heel bruise and tweaking my ankles like crazy wearing those death traps. Also made getting a proper flick very inconsistent. Worst shoes I’ve ever had probably.
 My deck was razor tailed and chipped to hell on both sides, lost its pop, then semi snapped while I warmed up today.
 Some dummy convinced me to get thunder trucks like 2 years ago and I’ve hated every moment of having them. I thought I had another month or two with them before I could go back to indys but those also broke today, although further along in the story.
Haven’t gotten new wheels in 2 years so they look straight out of the 90s now. People regularly comment to me at skateparks how tiny my wheels are. They were normal sized at one time.
I changed my bearings once at the beginning of covid but was gonna get some more when I got new wheels, although that shit needs speeding up now because I broke my bearings today too.
Fools keep stealing my skate tools.
Also missing a few pieces of hardware.
Anyway, I had a warmup session today, was skating as good as I could on a destroyed board. Then it snapped and the skate shop opened so I left to go get new deck and shoes, plus the dopest skate tool I’ve ever seen. Got back to the park, set up the board instantly fell in love with the shoes. I had the most consistent little 5 minute session of my life because I could actually feel my shoes for the first time in months. Then I tried to ollie a medium sized gap, and my bearing in one wheel exploded. The bearing wrapped itself around my hanger and the wheel was all fucked up too. I wasn’t about to go back to the shop to spend more money.
Got home and realized all the nuts on the wheels were stripped as hell from when I changed the bearings that first time during covid. Spent an hour prying those off to get the destroyed bearing and wheels off. Then I realized all the hangers are slightly bent and the tracks are all beyond fucked up now. So I need new trucks, wheels, and bearings before I can skate again after already dropping $120 to skate for a 5 minutes today.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 01:56:18 PM by willphansbiggestfan »

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #294 on: August 28, 2021, 07:04:49 PM »
Rained out 2X today.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #295 on: August 28, 2021, 07:09:44 PM »
did a rocket kickflip and spent like 30 minutes overthinking shit and just getting more and more rocket

then cracked my board on the tail

i literally set it up today :(

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #296 on: August 29, 2021, 11:04:53 AM »
Man, that nazi shit is such a bummer.

I had the most fun session in a very long time today. The guy I usually went skating with always screams and just acting like a idiot. And he didn't want to come today because he doesn't like my other homie. I am too old for that princess kindergarten shit and just want to dork around with my friends. It was so nice to just skate and having fun, without someone screaming and throwing his board.

Enough of that drama, more skating. I relearned switch pop shuvs and half cab no comply (bs), such a strange trick. My ankle feels at 60% now after the last ankle roll 5 weeks ago. Thanks for your attention pals.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #297 on: August 29, 2021, 12:15:00 PM »

I had the most fun session in a very long time today. The guy I usually went skating with always screams and just acting like a idiot. And he didn't want to come today because he doesn't like my other homie. I am too old for that princess kindergarten shit and just want to dork around with my friends. It was so nice to just skate and having fun, without someone screaming and throwing his board.

Enough of that drama, more skating. I relearned switch pop shuvs and half cab no comply (bs), such a strange trick. My ankle feels at 60% now after the last ankle roll 5 weeks ago. Thanks for your attention pals.

What a coincidence, I just learned switch pop shoves and filmed the first one today. Then I got a few okayish kickflips and heelflips but slightly tweaked my ankle a half hour into the session and called it a day, not going to risk a more seriuos injury…
why come?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #298 on: August 29, 2021, 01:26:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What a coincidence, I just learned switch pop shoves and filmed the first one today. Then I got a few okayish kickflips and heelflips but slightly tweaked my ankle a half hour into the session and called it a day, not going to risk a more seriuos injury…

I don't have them on lock but switch pop shuvs feel so good if I happen to pop and catch them.

I think it is smart to end the session earlier if you tweak your ankle. And we all should strengthen our ankles more.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #299 on: August 29, 2021, 01:38:08 PM »
Went to my little metal prefab local and slid a few front tails on the small quarter. Can only imagine how good a loud front tail on big concrete transition would feel!

Worked up to sliding back tails on transition, still not there yet but I can take a backside 5-0 to a stuttering lil tail stall. Someday I'll get a wild bug up my ass and push through a tailslide...

A few weeks back I gave a bunch of local kids at this park old boards, and at least two of then came up to me to explain what they'd learned while riding them. The kind of motivation I need to start really giving back.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead