Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 67911 times)

el chino

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -379
  • ants suck!
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #510 on: December 02, 2021, 03:52:11 PM »
2 days ago at lindavista, got to skate with hewitt, chris russel and lefty, rhino got there shortly after.
I may go next week im not sure yet
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #511 on: December 02, 2021, 04:30:26 PM »
Threw on my new 56mm F4 Conical Fulls and let 'er rip around town on an unusually warm December day. I 50'd a ledge I'd never even come close to (mid thigh height, was at one time at peace with the fact that I'd never grind something that tall) in three tries. Big wheels are the truth!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 05:19:33 PM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #512 on: December 02, 2021, 07:58:34 PM »
Mainly got some flatground parking lot skating in today. Super basic but I came close to landing a half cab manny, hoping to land that soon.

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #513 on: December 02, 2021, 11:50:25 PM »
Was super warm 50s, might not get many more chances to skate so went out. Did couple kick flips that felt good which isn't the norm. Wanted to try back tails, a trick that has always evaded me. Tried a different approach, I pretended and set up like I was doing them switch and it worked.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #514 on: December 03, 2021, 11:21:14 AM »
About 4 months back into skating after a decade or so hiatus. Just started landing frontside 50-50's to backside 180 out today and filming it. So fucking stoked to keep progressing from here.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #515 on: December 03, 2021, 01:21:50 PM »
Went to the Ikea garage to fix some cracks in the curbs with quick concrete.
It was a sunny but wet day (37°F / 3°C).

Whole garage was filled with rc car adults (probably my age, but they look older because they don't move their body). I fixed one crack and started skating some flat and got angry looks from them and felt bad vibes.

Can't deal with that, I am scared of people.

Spend another hour to find a dry parking lot outside. The third one had some dry places between the puddles. Did all my basics until I started sweating and went to visit my parents.

My parents said I am crazy for doing that all by myself.

But I love skating more than anything else.

Maybe this weekend someone will join me for a session, but I don't have high hopes.

I gotta keep that PMA and wait for better days.
IG: @flowterspace

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #516 on: December 03, 2021, 01:50:09 PM »
same indoor spot. some crackhead in a suit pretending to be on an important business call on the payphone gets mad because of the noise. a dude leaving the platform in his 20s offers to fight him for me and i just say its not even worth it. keep sk8ing. feels bad because he was in his late 50s or something and its not nice to have some young buck jumping to fight an almost elder. could i have left the station exit and come back in a bit. idk because he was playing make believe on the phone for about 30 minutes and only left because of the dude who wanted to fight. was in a rush earlier too. i guess thats selfish. pre rush hour and fairly quiet in there so i get kicked out after like 30 to 40. worker comes bitching and says hey this is not a playground leave. then goes are you gonna pay for all those scuffs on the marble. i deflect saying it was like that when i got there. which isnt a lie. some may or may not be new but the floor is already covered in pivot tracks. he goes csi and claims its from the same wheels and i just say have a good day and leave to which he puffs his chest and goes ya i will. buy a drink then walk back because i dont feel like skating uphill downwind

FUBAR

• Rep: 249
« Reply #517 on: December 03, 2021, 05:21:03 PM »
Skated a park solo that has smooth concrete obstables and some old shit on crusty asphalt. Learned tail stalls on a concrete quarter (mellow and fun, wish it had coping tho). Took off my regular wheels and put on the Keyframes. Skated a funky curb in the crust and worked on bs 5050s. I get em, I lose em. Got a few today. My board got soggy and put on a new one. Twas a good time where two hours flew by in what seemed like ten minutes.

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #518 on: December 03, 2021, 07:27:01 PM »
Skated my driveway I'm trying to learn how to film myself got some decent flat ground but the surface of the driveway is really terrible I struggled but it was worth it.

You can check out the results on Instagram if you want: @CPUSkAte

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #519 on: December 05, 2021, 01:37:08 PM »
just buy the cheapest tripod they have at best buy even the dollar store might have them. usual outdoor spot. snowstorm began. with the freshie ive only sk8ed a few times outdoors so far mostly indoors but i noticed a series of shallow yet sorta lengthy pressure cracks. not stoked but whatever guess i will sticker it over

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #520 on: December 06, 2021, 06:17:26 AM »
Yesterday started rough, lots of missed timing, 14 inch wheelbase on ventures had me tripping

but when i got the timing right phew I was actually catching stuff in the air again!

But the blessing of the tiny board comes with a price, I landed everything toe draggin bad!

also switching to the classic wheels after riding conical OJs for years, oh I can actually salvage landings.

nailed a full cab ollie but my knee bent kinda weird.

progress
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1008
  • the moon rules
« Reply #521 on: December 06, 2021, 09:53:40 AM »
I skated until my thighs were sore. Now I’m at work looking up thigh exercises to maximize my skate time. I’ve reached the age where I have to do more than just skate to be able to skate consistently
fuck you bama

manysnakes

« Reply #522 on: December 06, 2021, 10:58:17 AM »
Went to the park and two different kids were skating in ski masks.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #523 on: December 07, 2021, 02:57:34 PM »
subway flat. some flip bonks off walls etc. im stoked because when i was leaving i noticed it was the joe pesciesque dude who kicked me out the last time but he didnt do shit today

vicious cycle

• Rep: 166
« Reply #524 on: December 07, 2021, 04:17:39 PM »
28 Degrees Fahrenheit, wet and windy.
Put some Bones Hards into my Films, they work very well in the cold. Found a flatground spot with a lill roof and big lights with motion sensors. I tryed my best to warm up but it took so long to even land my basics, I had no energy left to work on anything new. I got my Oj Mini Juice on, made it even more challenging to skate flat I guess. So I said fuck it and bombed a hill into the inner city. End of the hill the road freezed, slipped out and bombed the rest of the hill on my butt. Nobody arround so not that much of an embarrassment..
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 04:26:28 PM by vicious cycle »
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1503
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #525 on: January 22, 2022, 02:01:58 PM »
Brought a loveseat curb setup and an 8. Listened to jazzy drum and bass mix while warming up with loveseat. I'm trying to get switchy and flippy with 8 again until sundown. Fun times.

edit: my session soundtrack

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 02:52:43 PM by layzieyez »

Brguy

« Reply #526 on: January 22, 2022, 03:23:27 PM »
Jumped over a street cone for a few minutes and suffered from back pain for the rest of the night, good times.

dofrenzy

« Reply #527 on: January 24, 2022, 07:11:37 AM »
Jumped over a street cone for a few minutes and suffered from back pain for the rest of the night, good times.

Yeah, I’ve been working on just ollies, manuals, and shuvs in the basement and the first place I feel ollies is in my lower back.  My wife says I should strengthen my abs for support.  Actually, that is the 2nd place I feel ollie work, in my abs.

This shit is hard; thinkin’ about having a lighter setup for my ground goals.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #528 on: January 24, 2022, 07:14:25 AM »
Landed a few pretty butter halfcab flips, been trying to get them popped higher and a bit more consistent.

Also almost got clipped by a car skating to the spot, been a long time since that's happened.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 13
« Reply #529 on: January 24, 2022, 07:46:07 AM »

Having a lot of back problems lately...  :-\

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #530 on: January 24, 2022, 09:38:46 AM »
I am still recovering from the rib contusion but went for a few mannies on Saturday and then had the irresistible urge to bomb a hill with the Lurpivs. It‘s a mellow hill but you get fast enough that you can‘t jump off the board anymore without eating shit. Got minor speed wobbles on midtight Lurpivs.

On Sunday I got a short flatground session in only to make sure I still have the basics and was pleased to land a few nice kickflips, a nice heel and fakie heel both second try. Is there a more satisfying feeling than that split second when you look down on the bloard on a fliptrick and see the board come around and connect with your feet and you realise you are going to roll away clean from that one?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

svenfuck cowboy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #531 on: January 24, 2022, 09:45:01 AM »
in the corner of a wet parking garage trying to get back 3s for 2 hours

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #532 on: January 24, 2022, 10:00:34 AM »
Skated in a very tiny little contest at a small random park. Felt like the little contests my hometown used to put on in the Midwest. Had me feeling kinda nostalgic can’t even lie. Everyone was super chill and having fun. Got first place in the 30yr +, hahaha. I felt slightly embarrassed. Life is fun.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #533 on: January 24, 2022, 11:10:07 AM »
skated ledges last night after work ln

skated a big ish bowl before work today

i am the worlds tiredest ATV

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #534 on: January 24, 2022, 11:19:02 AM »
Went to a park that has one of those huge unforgiving banks. After a couple of ups and downs I went for a nollie bs flip cos that’s the chillest but I totally underestimated the bank steepness.
Like I popped it then rotated and looked down and I couldn’t see shit below me. Fell from like 2m height (on my feet thankfully). Double heel bruise.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #535 on: January 24, 2022, 11:41:30 AM »
Yesterday I waited for it to get warm enough to skate. By that time it was nearly noon. I usually avoid my local skatepark (Glenhaven PDX) during peak hours but it was still pretty quiet when I got there. I got a solid hour in and landed most of my stock moves. Then a little dude shows up. He's probably around 11. He has Gator deck and a Sex Pistols t-shirt. Immediately, I wonder what he really knows about Gator and the Sex Pistols and question his dad's poor taste. Anyway he comes up to me and asks if I have ever rolled into the shallow end of the pool (pretty legit pool transitions). I say, "Yeah" And he says, "I'm gonna do it today." I haven't done it in awhile and honestly have been hiding from it... So we amp each other up and we both make it second try. Then the park got busy so I bailed for my new curb spot. I started getting some nice backside 180 powerslides into fakie 50 50s and decided why not try something out. After two tries I landed a fakie big spin out of one. Felt pretty satisfied and went home to walk the dog.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #536 on: January 24, 2022, 11:52:42 AM »
I was beat to shit from climbing the day before but needed to get out while my son was chillin. Skated the Courthouse solo like normal and my pop was quite nonexistent, but it was fun just railing 50-50s on the ledges I can do em on.

Then I made the dumb decision to compare 2 setups, which just told me what I already know about each. Madness is real.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #537 on: January 24, 2022, 12:12:58 PM »
Got my board out the other day, wanted to skate really bad. Gust of wind blew across my neck and I didn't like it, so I went inside and drank a beer. Guess that's not really a skate session. An almost skate session

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1431
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #538 on: January 24, 2022, 12:19:16 PM »
front foot impossibles will be here in the near future as evidenced at my last skate session.
Support your local skate shop

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #539 on: January 25, 2022, 01:29:22 AM »
got to the park about an hour after my friend did, he said he'd been trying the same trick (fake bigspin on the hip) for half an hour
understandably he got pretty pissed at it and left to get water after another while of torturing himself.
while he was gone i tried it and got it first try, it felt dirty, like i had clogged someones toilet at a party and they'd never know it was me
left to skate a curb 15 minutes after he left, got some decent slappy crooks and called it a day when my 3L bottle ran out
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with