Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 67890 times)

Sizzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -408
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1590 on: August 12, 2023, 09:26:17 AM »
Ran out of good socks, had to wear shitty polyester blend ones that were sliding around inside my shoe, tightened up my laces at the top to try to compensate.

Now my shoes don’t feel right and I think I have plantar fasciitis in my pushing foot.

Pbn_jake

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #1591 on: August 12, 2023, 12:53:30 PM »
I just did 3 kickflips in my closet

FUBAR

• Rep: 249
« Reply #1592 on: August 12, 2023, 01:35:13 PM »
After reading some great tales of recent sessions, THIS made me laugh out loud.

Pbn_jake

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #1593 on: August 12, 2023, 01:36:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Some days I just need to stand on the fucker still. I also count taking a part my skateboard a session

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #1594 on: August 12, 2023, 01:38:36 PM »
Expand Quote
After a week of terrible sessions I have decided to take a break from my daily routine. I have been skating daily or almost for 1.5 years now and fell into a routine, to the point it became more of a burden than a pleasure. Of course, landing tricks, in particular learning new stuff is super gratifying - struggling with the same tricks not making any progress, less so.

I will try and only go out when I really want to and then only do the stuff I really want to. Let's see how that goes but it already feels like a relief just to have taken this decision.

What do you think, lads?
[close]

I usually just to work on riding switch when I get stuck in a routine lull. As in, skate switch to/from the spot, revert/halfcab to try the trick (if is regular), then skate back switch.

Helps give me some strange sort of focus and breaks up the same old thing, plus training switch is always good.

On the flip side, I'm terrible about wanting a trick and deciding to go make it happen, my legs just wanna flow....

Skipped my first Saturday skate session without important grounds in a very long time.  Instead, I got up at 3am and walked the forest for 3.5 hours, then I went to the thrift market and bought a used trumpet, which I cleaned and played. I also washed my car. I feel ok, I think.

On topic: I skated to the thrift market. Did no tricks tho, because I carried a used trumpet.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #1595 on: August 12, 2023, 11:30:59 PM »
Short, mellow, and hot. 110+ degree weather ain't fun. Taking a break until fall.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
« Reply #1596 on: August 14, 2023, 03:10:59 PM »
With work, life (just had to get a new car), responsibilities, the heat and taking care of my one and half year old daughter, I haven’t had too many sessions lately. That being said I do usually get a little session on flat at least once a week after I put her down to bed at 7 pm. (Hopefully along with another session here and there at a spot during the week but I normally get at least a session on flat if I don’t get anything else)

After putting her down last night I had a little session on my quasi egg since it was closer to the door. I don’t skate enough to really stray from my ideal 8.5x32.125x14.25 boxy quasi/ any ps stix boxy shape set up I normally skate, but I still had fun. It has like a 13.75 wheel base and I think my legs are too long for that but it might just be that I suck lol. Either way I’ll probably give the deck to a buddy because I know I like the boxy shapes because it gives a corner to scoop.

Had a fun little flat session. Did my normal warm up of all the shoves. Then after all the shoves, I do a kickflip, 360 flip then nollie flip. Then I just mess around and do whatever I’m feeling. Did somethings I hadn’t tried in a little bit and it was fun.

It was hot and I didn’t really skate that long but I didn’t expect to sweat that much. It looked like I went swimming lol. The ground is not the best and there’s rocks and sticks everywhere but it’s way way way better than nothing. I got my feet tangled in a nollie shuvit kickflip/ nollie varial flip and landed on my back on some rocks and my wife shouted out to ask if I was okay lol thought that was pretty funny. Either way skating its way fun even if you’re not skating your best. 

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1597 on: August 14, 2023, 04:03:27 PM »
I went to the park at sunset cause it is way too fucking hot outside.

I tightened my trucks right before and this was a great decision. I felt way way better on my board.

However, some kid came to park and started using the hip as a slide. The mom did nothing to protect her kid from getting run over or fucking up the flow of the park. The kid was told to move, he moved for a minute and went back to using the hip as a slide. Super annoying since the park doesn't have lights and a lot of time was wasted by this kid being on one the thing I came to skate.

I've started pulling parents aside and saying, "Your kid is going to get hurt" and then explaining the flow of the park. Parents have always been shitty, but I wish they'd get less shitty.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #1598 on: August 14, 2023, 05:21:22 PM »
Skated the park closest to my place that I never skate because it’s tiny and janky with uneven ground.  Though I feel like I should just embrace the suck and go there more often.  Got a few fs grinds on the 5ft mini, which is funny, because in my younger years I wouldn’t even try that, but now I’m more freaked out by ledges.  Guess the stereotype about older dudes and transition is hard to escape.

Mywm

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1599 on: August 14, 2023, 06:19:37 PM »
Shit day. After a week of rain, I decided to get on my board today even though I was exhausted from work and wanted to take a nap instead. But I couldn't get anything right, so I just messed around with no complies.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 108
« Reply #1600 on: August 14, 2023, 06:40:32 PM »
I haven’t been skateboarding much lately, been more into running and also just doing nothing

but I visited our local skateshop in Southern Pines, North Carolina, N2Flow, on Sunday

skated in the parking lot for maybe half an hour

I recently switched my OJ mini super juices back on and was too lazy to change out of my Birkenstocks and my friend wanted to play a game of SKATE in them haha

I pulled off a kickflip and an insane 360° flip in them, fiftied the box, slid the slider bar frontside and backside

mellow stuff, it just felt good to be rolling around with a homie

marcusbutler

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1601 on: August 14, 2023, 11:42:14 PM »
Muggy ass florida weather. Almost 20 years in the game and can't figure kickflip nose mannys. So many tries where I either lean to far back because I'm scared of dipping the nose and hucking my body in front of me. Or I do just that.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

marcusbutler

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1602 on: August 14, 2023, 11:45:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Some days I just need to stand on the fucker still. I also count taking a part my skateboard a session

Fucking sweat everytime I grip and set up a board.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

maxpalmerfan

• Rep: -4
  • free max b
« Reply #1603 on: August 15, 2023, 07:19:13 AM »
finally got below 105 degrees yesterday so i got out and skated all day. learned fs slappys which i'm pretty stoked on. i've always had them bs so finally figuring out fs felt good, i think they look cooler and feel better tbh. the weather is pretty nice today too so i'll probably get out again at some point

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1604 on: August 15, 2023, 08:56:18 AM »
flatground at night in georgia

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1605 on: August 15, 2023, 09:49:16 AM »
I had a slappy session on Sunday which was fun because I was messing around with two very different set ups. Somehow I stumbled forward on a bail and, for the first time in my life, actually fell on my face. Got light bruises on nose and chin and a bloody upper lip (inside and out) but got lucky the teeth didn‘t chip. I look now like a street boxer. Luckily I am off on holidays for two weeks so my boss or coworker don‘t get the pleasure to tell me stuff like „I told you to wear a helmet“… Having some time off the board right now, it‘s in the trunk tho and might come out on Friday when I get to Hamburg.
why come?

Captain No Cab

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1606 on: August 15, 2023, 04:19:25 PM »
Little solo slappy session the other night after 8 months off with a nasty knee injury, local underground shopping center carpark curb that is super buttery and long. Definitely feeling rusty but man it was good to get back on the board. Picked back up a few tricks, but definitely have lost a lot more. Heading back over over the next couple of nights hopefully. Injuries suck man.
If you sk8, you know, when you bite into that spring-roll

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1607 on: August 15, 2023, 08:33:19 PM »
Asphalt BMX pump track board did not leave the ground, 100 degrees so I sweated like a hostage.  It was glorious and not a soul in sight.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #1608 on: August 16, 2023, 12:54:33 AM »
I had a slappy session on Sunday which was fun because I was messing around with two very different set ups. Somehow I stumbled forward on a bail and, for the first time in my life, actually fell on my face. Got light bruises on nose and chin and a bloody upper lip (inside and out) but got lucky the teeth didn‘t chip. I look now like a street boxer. Luckily I am off on holidays for two weeks so my boss or coworker don‘t get the pleasure to tell me stuff like „I told you to wear a helmet“… Having some time off the board right now, it‘s in the trunk tho and might come out on Friday when I get to Hamburg.

You'll fit right in with the crooks at Hauptbahnhof  ;D .

Hit me up if you need any recommendations or want to go skate!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1609 on: August 16, 2023, 03:34:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You'll fit right in with the crooks at Hauptbahnhof  ;D .

Hit me up if you need any recommendations or want to go skate!

I thought I might try a few slappies at the Heiliggeistfeld, are the curbs any good? I saw a few clips on youtube that looked promising.

Not sure I‘ll be skating at all or if I will try and get frustrated after five minutes (I‘m a lunatic bastard) so I won‘t have you come meet me for nothing but thanks for offering, it means a lot.
why come?

scab

« Reply #1610 on: August 16, 2023, 04:41:05 AM »
I thought I might try a few slappies at the Heiliggeistfeld, are the curbs any good? I saw a few clips on youtube that looked promising.

Not sure I‘ll be skating at all or if I will try and get frustrated after five minutes (I‘m a lunatic bastard) so I won‘t have you come meet me for nothing but thanks for offering, it means a lot.

The curbs are great but unfortunately they're not skateable while the Sommerdom is going on (that's ending on Aug. 20th, so you might get lucky if you stay for longer than just the weekend).

Let me know if you do get the itch to roll around, I can handle lunacy just fine ;) .

To stay on topic: I ran out of Ishod 8.5 TTs and can't get that shape anywhere at the moment, so I'm now on a quest to find a new go-to shape for my main setup until the next Real drop comes along. I gave my symmetrical Heroin 8.88 egg a shot at the park yesterday, which I love for slappies and flatground, but I'm really struggling with the tapered kicks on bigger ledges and in transition. I'm gonna go with the Ishod 8.38 TT today and see how that works out. I love skating symmetrical shapes and can't picture myself going back to popsicles, but I do miss having much more options to choose from.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1611 on: August 16, 2023, 09:33:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The curbs are great but unfortunately they're not skateable while the Sommerdom is going on (that's ending on Aug. 20th, so you might get lucky if you stay for longer than just the weekend).

Let me know if you do get the itch to roll around, I can handle lunacy just fine ;) .

To stay on topic: I ran out of Ishod 8.5 TTs and can't get that shape anywhere at the moment, so I'm now on a quest to find a new go-to shape for my main setup until the next Real drop comes along. I gave my symmetrical Heroin 8.88 egg a shot at the park yesterday, which I love for slappies and flatground, but I'm really struggling with the tapered kicks on bigger ledges and in transition. I'm gonna go with the Ishod 8.38 TT today and see how that works out. I love skating symmetrical shapes and can't picture myself going back to popsicles, but I do miss having much more options to choose from.

D'oh, I'm only there on Friday, on Saturday I take the Halunder Jet to Heligoland in the morning. Any slappy curbs in the City near Hafen?

The Ishod 8.38 is ok but I never got completely happy with them (had two back to back). I now ride the Quasi 8.38 twin (Justin Henry), which I like more (even if I still suck on it), it feels shorter but only the wheelbase is a hair shorter.
why come?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1612 on: August 16, 2023, 05:17:09 PM »
Finally felt like I had some spring in my legs today.  Amazing what a temperature lift of 5c does.  There's always dead or dying bees on the concrete at this park though, poor little fuckheads. RIP us, I guess.

scab

« Reply #1613 on: August 17, 2023, 06:29:06 AM »
D'oh, I'm only there on Friday, on Saturday I take the Halunder Jet to Heligoland in the morning. Any slappy curbs in the City near Hafen?

Damn. No, not that I know of. (I think @Frank lives somewhere around here too, maybe he has some secret slappy spots up his sleeve!?)

Anyway, have a great trip! Heligoland is rad.

I ended up giving the egg another chance yesterday and managed to do several personal nbd flip tricks, but also failed to land many of my ledge basics. I feel madness starting to creep in again.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
« Reply #1614 on: August 17, 2023, 07:02:23 AM »
The lights at my local were finally installed so I went for a night sesh. Warmed up and started throwing some nollie heels at the manny pad, because I want to do a nollie heel nosemanual. Got two really good nollie heels onto the pad in a row. Starting feeling like this might be the sesh it goes down. Meanwhile there's like a dozen local hellions on bikes, scooters, or just running around and this park is smaller than a single tennis court. It's tiny. Two serious bmx kids that I've seen around the other parks in the area show up to do fly outs out of the bowl. I'm rolling up for a manual to get back to the other side while this bike douche is flying at me. I lose my concentration and mildly roll the my ankle on a switch nose manny, which is a really easy trick for me. That ends my session, ends my nollie heel nose manny attempts, and potentially the rest of my week of skating. Oh and never mind that the park rules clearly state there are no bikes allowed because it's so small.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 513
« Reply #1615 on: August 19, 2023, 03:18:23 PM »
for the first time in 23+ years in skateboarding, today i did my first backside lipslide on the local's flatrail. i'm stoked, it always was such a scary trick for me on rails especially but i managed to get one quite quick in a couple of tries. cool.

GB530

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1616 on: August 19, 2023, 03:24:20 PM »
fried af with the homie we waxed the coping knowing the dangers we had been foretold. The genesis grinds were intimidating and scary, but with time, we learned to control the power. Fakie krooks were bested. other people were not stoked.

changed1

« Reply #1617 on: August 19, 2023, 03:57:56 PM »
My friend who’s a bit of a local legend moved back in town so it’s been sick to skate with him again and watch him destroy the park like old times. I’ve played him in skate like 20 times over the years and never won but today I finally beat him.
Also did a few switch tres and felt like guy Haley issac
This nice younger dude is also learning tres and he’s quickly getting good at them. Gets me so stoked watching him learn. He’s been asking me for tips for months and it’s cool my advice has payed off

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 468
« Reply #1618 on: August 19, 2023, 05:56:39 PM »
Slipped out on some longish fakie back tails. Starting to get the feeling of sliding them. Learned fs hurricane to regs on the ledge, yeah I know kinda lame ledge trick, but it felt pretty cool and they make crazy grind marks. After landing the first one I more confidently approached the ledge and fully slipped out in the wax and died. Gashed my shin open real good. Still a good sesh though.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #1619 on: August 20, 2023, 09:40:17 AM »
Found a sick spot in the industrial park.  Mellow-ish bank behind a warehouse, and there was an old metal shelf by the dumpster that I set up as a ledge into bank.  Reasonably smooth asphalt ground, it’s way up on a hill overlooking a lake, and since it’s Sunday there was nobody around. 

Tried for two hours to film the most basic tricks and failed miserably.  Not stoked.