Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 67924 times)

WashingtonNECKTIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
  • Precision Posture
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1680 on: September 26, 2023, 10:07:17 AM »
nollie back 180's on transition are easier than regular backside airs

75% easier and 75% more lame
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Banned from the room

« Reply #1681 on: September 26, 2023, 10:56:01 AM »
I'm full suffering. I can't turn the way I like.
I find myself falling off pushing and rolling away weakly from tricks to fakie.
I can stand full weight on the rail without bite.
I hate two footed turns.
I wanna be able to wiggle my toe and have the bloard respond.

Speed wobbles are way way worse with tight trucks. You have to fight harder to flatten the bloard.
It might be easier to start wobbles with loose trucks but with no bushing tension Its easier to stop them.

Weaving in and out of tourist is way harder. Bricks is harder everything is harder.

I'm on white Indy super softs too.

I'm going to have to get over it as I'm out of extra bushings or I'm going to have to run emergency washers. Then people will be like blah blah Daewon style. I'll be like blah blah blah Adelmo. Blah blah look feel like I look like Stranger tho I know I look like me.

But yeah I'm suffering badly.
I wonder if I went to a lumber yard if they could drill out the coin for me. I found the perfect one too.

Probably never going to happen.

If I had a vice I'd sell anti bushings made from awesome old coins for the masses who want all the POSH bells and whistles.

I also miss my 5.8s very badly. That's the perfect size venture I think. I have not tried the 6.1s

I tried a homies thunders the other day too. I might have to switch back. All my deepest pieces of muscle memory was built on thunders and it's instantly obvious to all I should switch back.

I wish that truck was a little bit heavier tho. A lot bit actually.

Venture is the perfect loose truck tho. Nothing can touch that cruising feeling. It's such a difference between the loose venture and the regs venture.

WashingtonNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1682 on: September 26, 2023, 11:09:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
nollie back 180's on transition are easier than regular backside airs
[close]

75% easier and 75% more lame
[close]

post urs

post urs

unless you think nollie bs 180 is a ton cooler than BS air, we are in total agreement

tho Bs ollie is a better comparison

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #1683 on: September 26, 2023, 12:37:00 PM »
Sessions have been good, but my progression has stalled. I skate twice a week. That would be fine if I already had years of experience, but it's not great when you started from scratch almost two years ago.

I want to skate more, but my knee flares up if I do more than three days. So I need to accept that it's going to take me years just to learn basic shit that some of y'all probably learned at 12 years old. I feel like I won't become "okay" until at least 40 (37 now).

Might give up on tricks and just stick with cruising. It's not like I'll ever play anyone in a game of SKATE or step foot in a packed park. Still, it sucks when you love something so much and can't physically do it as often as you'd like 😖

WashingtonNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1684 on: September 26, 2023, 04:18:09 PM »
i dont call tricks i cant do lame- thats where we disagree

on topic: small ledge and small qp diy spot downtown had me doin some shit, blunt ciphing hoods like my switch front shuvs

bold assumption i cant do that trick - i dont think its that great but i do lame tricks every session

Like my lunch break sesh. I did a couple nollie back 1's on the QP, didn't record it because no thanks, and then did handplants and tiny texas plants. Bolts need tightened real bad cause that thing was squirrely as hell

Tommy G

• Rep: -8
« Reply #1685 on: September 28, 2023, 07:52:36 PM »
First time skating in a week after work picked up like crazy. Went to my local, skated for an hour and legitimately wasn't having any fun especially while the stoner kids were traversing the park. Then a good buddy of mine showed up to the sesh and changed that completely. He got me hyped to skate again. I didn't do too much but I got energized again and started popping up and down some gaps. I filmed him trying to do a line a few times and he got close, but we took a break and didn't try it again. I closed it out with a pop-shuv up the euro gap. I rolled up to the 3 stair hubba but didn't try it yet. I want to get a few more sessions in me before I try it again, I still get scared after my bad ankle sprain a few years ago, but I really want to skate it again.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #1686 on: October 03, 2023, 04:26:50 AM »
I fell back into an old and ugly habit of mine: riding in huge curves before approaching the obstacle. Looks ugly as fuck. And throws others off, because they don’t know where I’m going.

Besides that, I’m happy that my body allowed to skate for more than two hours without hurting too
much.

FUBAR

« Reply #1687 on: October 03, 2023, 08:40:14 AM »
I got a fakie flip and kickflip. The new curb height “ledge” at the park is dope as well. Life is good.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 468
« Reply #1688 on: October 04, 2023, 10:02:10 PM »
Apparently I forgot how to flip my board after 2 weeks off but still cranked out few of the old standard ledge/rail tricks. Was pretty fucking hyped that I wasn't the oldest guy there for once though. An old friend and guy I looked up to as a kid was there for the first time in a long, long time. He's got to be at least mid 40's pushing 50 but still had a lot of his old tricks. It gave me hope for the future, especially after recently turning 37 and feeling that 40's dread trying to crush my soul. There was another fella a couple years older than me but he was more of a distant skate acquaintance. Still cool to see some fellow old heads out though. We all did fs noseslides or some variation on it haha. The most Canadian trick.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 108
« Reply #1689 on: October 04, 2023, 10:22:06 PM »
was skating outside the shop in the parking lot and we sessioned these cardboard boxes that had been flattened. I bigspinned over it a bunch of times in a row which was fun and tried my best Jason Dill nollie half cab on flat over it as well. I think this same day we ended up skating some angled curbs and I got some bluntslide pop outs on it. It’s been a couple weeks since then, I’ll probably skate again Sunday.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #1690 on: October 04, 2023, 11:39:16 PM »
Apparently I forgot how to flip my board after 2 weeks off but still cranked out few of the old standard ledge/rail tricks. Was pretty fucking hyped that I wasn't the oldest guy there for once though. An old friend and guy I looked up to as a kid was there for the first time in a long, long time. He's got to be at least mid 40's pushing 50 but still had a lot of his old tricks. It gave me hope for the future, especially after recently turning 37 and feeling that 40's dread trying to crush my soul. There was another fella a couple years older than me but he was more of a distant skate acquaintance. Still cool to see some fellow old heads out though. We all did fs noseslides or some variation on it haha. The most Canadian trick.
Actually - hitting forty is not that bad, once it happens. Sure, your body will demand more rest and stuff won’t come as easy as you are used to, but the fun remains.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #1691 on: October 04, 2023, 11:50:13 PM »

This reminds me, I've been wanting to ask you if you have any pointers for really standing up on the ledge on these suckers? I tried them a bunch yesterday and can't seem to get them to properly lock in, I just do the ol' slideroo for a foot or so and then fall off to fakie.

Other than that I had a good afternoon session with all the young whippersnappers at the local. I've been going to that park for a little over a year now and it's really fucking cool to see kids who were barely able to push when I first met them land their first fatty to flatty flip tricks.

lurkluke

• Rep: 231
« Reply #1692 on: October 05, 2023, 12:08:34 AM »
Got half cabs back (after 20 years since my last).

Some little blunts on a real small bank. Good little warm up spot. There are two with a metre gap. Dreaming of when I can hit them both in one trick. Soon.

Got a couple mannies.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #1693 on: October 05, 2023, 12:41:50 AM »
After a bit of a break because of a lack of motivation, I am easing back into some more regular flatground sessions, focusing on just one or two tricks each sesh.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 468
« Reply #1694 on: October 05, 2023, 11:20:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This reminds me, I've been wanting to ask you if you have any pointers for really standing up on the ledge on these suckers? I tried them a bunch yesterday and can't seem to get them to properly lock in, I just do the ol' slideroo for a foot or so and then fall off to fakie.

You probably know the look over your shoulder keeping your arms parallel to the ledge and only turning your hips technique but I feel like one of the secrets is under rotating and locking in heavy on your toe side wheel. Locking in fully square usually makes you stick or kicks you out to fakie like you described. Hope that helps a bit anyway.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #1695 on: October 05, 2023, 11:57:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You probably know the look over your shoulder keeping your arms parallel to the ledge and only turning your hips technique but I feel like one of the secrets is under rotating and locking in heavy on your toe side wheel. Locking in fully square usually makes you stick or kicks you out to fakie like you described. Hope that helps a bit anyway.

Makes sense, thanks a bunch! I'll give it a try over the weekend.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 892
« Reply #1696 on: October 05, 2023, 08:47:55 PM »
Hit this at lunch today... a mighty fine backyarder

vicious cycle

• Rep: 166
« Reply #1697 on: October 05, 2023, 10:54:06 PM »
I just wanted to fs 50 this little stupid noping quarter at my local but I, somehow, went into a fs board, slipped out and slammed on my face. Hole in my chin, went to emergency, 3 stitches and they had to shave my beard. So now I look like a clown too. I just hope the blood gets out of my new hoodie..
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #1698 on: October 06, 2023, 02:54:00 AM »
Accidentally went skating in the wrong shoes (have a lot on my mind).

Turns out Kalis LTs are good for heelflips, although a 1 hour skate session tore them up pretty good.

WashingtonNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1699 on: October 06, 2023, 09:54:23 AM »
I figured out its not that hard to half cab to BS 50, thats a pretty fun one - thinking nollie back 180 out might be cool.

Also been doing back boneless back disaster. Funny enough I rock em in faster than the normal version.

More handplants on whatever and 5050 tailgrabs around the pocket

Hot Damn! Is that shallow end really mellow or is the camera making it look weird?
Doesn't matter, that shit looks fun as hell!

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 892
« Reply #1700 on: October 07, 2023, 02:38:40 PM »
I figured out its not that hard to half cab to BS 50, thats a pretty fun one - thinking nollie back 180 out might be cool.

Also been doing back boneless back disaster. Funny enough I rock em in faster than the normal version.

More handplants on whatever and 5050 tailgrabs around the pocket

Expand Quote

[close]

Hot Damn! Is that shallow end really mellow or is the camera making it look weird?
Doesn't matter, that shit looks fun as hell!

Not as mellow as it looks. Fisheye washes its out but its certainly not pool shallow end steep.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 108
« Reply #1701 on: October 07, 2023, 04:50:11 PM »
I stomped my board today. I might just stop.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1702 on: October 07, 2023, 08:01:55 PM »
Set up an 8.25 with 14WB. Gotta keep my front foot very far forward to pop but the pop is big. Thing was flipping like crazy too. Tail felt short but ima ride it out and make it work.

Felt good to powerslide real fast thru leaves on the street
Support your local skate shop

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #1703 on: October 08, 2023, 09:44:45 AM »
Set up an 8.25 with 14WB. Gotta keep my front foot very far forward to pop but the pop is big. Thing was flipping like crazy too. Tail felt short but ima ride it out and make it work.

GOAT board dims

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #1704 on: October 08, 2023, 10:56:22 AM »
Pumped the mini twice with the homie then was over it so I hooped

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1705 on: October 08, 2023, 12:25:16 PM »
Skated my local park last night. Was trying manny backside flip and my wheel fell off. Went to krudco and watched the Andrew Grabowski memorial video. That guy was underrated rip

Rosstradahmus

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1706 on: October 09, 2023, 03:49:35 PM »
Had a transient lady parked in the skatepark lot with three dogs and a baby. One tied to the bumper, one in a kennel, one just chilling, the other was a baby. Nothing unusual in this part of Colorado these days.  Dropped in and did a nice and easy back 50 when I noticed the lady yelling at me. The bumper dog came untied... fuck it's some pitbull type fucker. He ran up to me and I decided if I raised my hands to this fucker I'm catching some teeth. After the dog jumped on me for probably much less time than what it felt like she grabbed him and I escaped with only a slobber mark on my shirt precariously close to my dick. The session was compromised and I went back to toddler Dad life with my skateboard addiction still unsoothed for the day.

FUBAR

« Reply #1707 on: October 11, 2023, 04:30:35 PM »
I skated the crappy curb at the park. It wasn’t very fun.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1708 on: October 11, 2023, 05:55:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

GOAT board dims

Skated it again today. Got some 56mm v cut loopholes as required by terrain but im thinking this shit would outrageously money to just skate flat if I had some 52s. Wouldn’t really be able to push around the city as easily or slappy on tall granite curbs but these wheels are like fuckin boat anchors. Really have to be aware of sucking up my back leg on pop.

Anyways, skated an unwaxed brand new granite curb cut for a bit, just blasting slappy tail power slides. Got the tail over the curb but the front wheels were just barely touching the blacktop. Felt super cool. The perfect right angled granite was slicing into the board a few millimeters deep, looks like the thing got into a knife fight.
Support your local skate shop

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1709 on: October 11, 2023, 07:30:17 PM »
went to the basketball courts across from my house, popped a few ollies, tried to kickflip- shinned it, ollied some more, then went home. pretty successful i'd say.