Author Topic: skateboarders who have done psychedelics?  (Read 4614 times)

Beeda Weeda

Re: skateboarders who have done psychedelics?
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2021, 09:09:11 AM »
I did mushrooms for the first time with a friend in the 9th  grade (1997) .The friend that was with me told me he was going to the bathroom, went home, had  panic attack, called the cops on himself and made up an elaborate story but didn't fill me in on this story.

dr.prestige

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2021, 10:36:27 AM »
Jeff Phillips won an NSA contest in December 1986 while tripping. I tried to find the video of his run but I can't, I used to watch it all the time. If anyone knows where it is please post it, it's fucking sick. RIP

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2021, 10:48:20 AM »
Lizard was right, skating on acid is tight...

I trip once, sometimes twice a year. Always make it a ritual and always have someone I love and trust by my side. Some of the best experiences I've had in my life!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2306
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2021, 11:37:01 AM »
Jeff Phillips won an NSA contest in December 1986 while tripping. I tried to find the video of his run but I can't, I used to watch it all the time. If anyone knows where it is please post it, it's fucking sick. RIP
Defeated crowd fave Tony Hawk in the process. THIS is skateboarding's version of the Doc Ellis no-hitter story.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -33
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2021, 12:32:00 PM »
The story about KB eating acid that was in thrasher is pretty funny. Supposedly he saw the grimple stix banner and the goblin guy gave him a bad trip. He ran off and fell into some water screaming at a campground resulting in the cops being called and him being arrested, if I remember correctly. He posted about the little black monsters he was seeing the other day on his story.

mushroom slice

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2021, 05:06:42 PM »
Psychedelics and skateboarding both have a lesson about what is actually what and helped me figure out a way to make sense of life. A curb is a just a curb or  a curb is a way to reach momentary nirvana. I guess it’s both but I like the second one better. A curb is not just a curb.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1431
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2021, 05:08:30 PM »
Psychedelics and skateboarding both have a lesson about what is actually what and helped me figure out a way to make sense of life. A curb is a just a curb or  a curb is a way to reach momentary nirvana. I guess it’s both but I like the second one better. A curb is not just a curb.

yes I.
Support your local skate shop

BurntPorridge

• Rep: -4
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2021, 05:32:48 PM »
It would be easier to ask who hasn't, especially if we're counting weed as a psychedelic.

LSD in the right dosage though would hands down be the best performance enhancing psychedelic, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there are various pros out there microdosing on it.

manysnakes

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2021, 08:43:37 PM »
I’m no pro, but I had the absolute best session of the year coming down from a heavy dose of mushrooms this summer. Skated alone for a few hours in a locked-down park in nothing but swim shorts and my Nikes. Was truly a great time

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1385
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2021, 08:44:27 PM »
Tom Penny is the most obvious answer, he's probably been tripping non stop since Sorry dropped

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 130
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2021, 11:35:19 PM »
take them first thing in the morning then? I never understood why ppl do shrooms at night. would way rather do them 1st thing in the morning so then you have all day to chill out

way prefer them at night. taking them at house parties and then disappearing and stargazing during a full moon > sittin around trippin my tiny nuts off at 1 pm
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

Pegasus

• Rep: 4
  • release the lobster
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2021, 11:44:22 PM »
Drugs are ok. One time my dad got vibrio from eating a lobster and passed out in his bathroom from standing and almost hit his head on the toilet. (My grandfather also died this way)

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2021, 06:50:14 AM »

rusty knees

• Rep: -12
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2021, 11:01:04 AM »
if you have the option/choice, eat mushrooms instead of LSD

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2021, 11:24:25 AM »
evan smith

ghettygreensili

• Rep: -9
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2021, 11:36:05 AM »
I'm pretty sure that there was a Copenhagen open where Peter Ramondetta went to jail while he was on mushrooms. That must've really sucked.
Frontside grind blind on the government

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2021, 11:53:39 AM »
I'm pretty sure that there was a Copenhagen open where Peter Ramondetta went to jail while he was on mushrooms. That must've really sucked.
What happened to Peter? He was a silent ripper on real and huf then just gone.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2021, 12:34:13 PM »

I'm more of an acid guy myself. Shrooms make me too nauseous to do anything. I've had some of the best sessions of my life on acid, I did tricks I haven't been able to do since coming down.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2021, 01:09:53 PM »
cid beats shrooms by a mile. but shrooms are practically legal now so they’re way easier to get. skating on either is sick tho

BurntPorridge

• Rep: -4
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2021, 03:25:06 PM »

Depends what you want out of it. For pure recreational use (i.e. just wanting to have fun on it), LSD is superior. Shrooms on the other hand is more of a spiritual sort of trip and a lot more difficult to control where it goes, I've been rather scared of taking shrooms ever since the last time I did them.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 36
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2021, 03:29:02 PM »
If shrooms make your stomach feel like shit there's a good chance it's because your diet sucks shit or you got really old shrooms. A lot of people have improperly dried shrooms or ones that have just been sitting around too long. I used to eat em fresh or nearly fresh all the time and can say without a doubt they helped me in every conceivable way in life - erased my depression and anxiety, helped me stop drinking alcohol and caffeine, helped me exercise everyday, write, make music, reach out to friends more, and even skated way better at the time.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2021, 03:59:08 PM »
To be honest, I don't think I can trip anymore. It's hard enough to stay sane these days.

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2021, 04:36:39 PM »
Winkowski has made it part of his image

Apparently it's the only thing Emerica finds interesting about Figgy, so they named his shoe "The Dose".

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2021, 04:40:23 PM »

Yeah, if you shut your eyes like a poosay

Smoke 150mg in your tv watching area with the tv and the lights on. Doesn’t matter what’s on - ads are dope. The strepsil one with the firemen is all time

You’re welcome
listen to cosmic psychos

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2021, 04:41:59 PM »
The story about KB eating acid that was in thrasher is pretty funny. Supposedly he saw the grimple stix banner and the goblin guy gave him a bad trip. He ran off and fell into some water screaming at a campground resulting in the cops being called and him being arrested, if I remember correctly. He posted about the little black monsters he was seeing the other day on his story.

That sounds fucking awful.

Primoslide

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2021, 04:49:16 PM »
I was off work last month and took mushrooms at least 20 times in varied amounts. I like making it in tea sometimes because it kicks in faster if you’re taking it late. There are a lot of animated movies to watch out there but I can promise you that the best thing to watch on shrooms as a skateboarder is videos made by Jackson Casey (who started Pyramid Country).

laramieskate55

• Rep: -46
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2021, 05:16:33 PM »
Andy Roy boiiiiiii

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2021, 06:09:37 PM »

Nobody talks about mescaline these days. 

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1385
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2021, 06:25:39 PM »

Nobody talks about mescaline these days.

I wanna see where the synthetic toad venom market goes

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2021, 06:36:13 PM »
I was off work last month and took mushrooms at least 20 times in varied amounts. I like making it in tea sometimes because it kicks in faster if you’re taking it late. There are a lot of animated movies to watch out there but I can promise you that the best thing to watch on shrooms as a skateboarder is videos made by Jackson Casey (who started Pyramid Country).

Everyone’s different but I like to watch blockbuster movies like the mission impossible ones and the star treks. It’s hilarious watching Tom cruises facial expressions and general attitude and one time watching Star Trek Chris pines face started coming apart

Every mission impossible has this part where they play a trick and you don’t really know what’s going on until the end. It’s so funny when some Russian pulls his face off and it’s Tom cruise, try it mate
It’s hilarious man
listen to cosmic psychos