Author Topic: JACK O'FUCKIN' GRADY.  (Read 11325 times)

REGS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
Re: JACK O'FUCKIN' GRADY.
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2021, 04:34:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It’s insane that this guy isn’t pro yet guys like Cyrus Bennett are. It’s all a popularity contest
[close]

And the dumbest comment of the day goes to...
[close]

What so I’m an idiot now for suggesting that the guy that just tore Australia a new asshole should be pro? Fair enough if you like Cyrus little fashion show but I’m just saying what I think..... sorry for having an opinion....
[close]
your opinion fucking sucks and is factually wrong

jack o grady is fucking pro for pass.port you dipshit.

you have never watched a cyrus bennett part in your life, the guy is literally the most boring dresser and to say he doesn't deserve to be pro just shows you have no idea.

The guy saw a Sean Pablo clip in 2016 and instantly decided everyone on FA/Hockey/917 sucks despite never watching any of them skate. I know a few of these people. They tend to skate etnies maranas and can't understand why Evan Smith doesn't win SOTY every year.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1553
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2021, 05:47:13 AM »
the ride-away on the long crooked looked extremely satisfying. the ender looked even better than the photo, the second 50-50 was pretty damn long

dude has some dolin steeze as well

Ari Feldberg

• Rep: -25
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2021, 05:48:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It’s insane that this guy isn’t pro yet guys like Cyrus Bennett are. It’s all a popularity contest
[close]

[close]

What so I’m an idiot now for suggesting that the guy that just tore Australia a new asshole should be pro? Fair enough if you like Cyrus little fashion show but I’m just saying what I think..... sorry for having an opinion....
[close]

you have never watched a cyrus bennett part in your life, the guy is literally the most boring dresser and to say he doesn't deserve to be pro just shows you have no idea.
[close]

The guy saw a Sean Pablo clip in 2016 and instantly decided everyone on FA/Hockey/917 sucks despite never watching any of them skate. I know a few of these people. They tend to skate etnies maranas and can't understand why Evan Smith doesn't win SOTY every year.

Wait is jack ogrady pro? Can’t tell if you’re fucking with me or not but If so that’s news to me. Well deserved though if true. Cyrus Bennett is OK I guess I just prefer skaters that let their skating do the talking and not their clothes.

And btw you can pigeon hole me all you want but fact of the matter is Etnies stopped being cool like 2 years ago. Just because I don’t subscribe to the hive minded slap does not mean I am a kook.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2021, 07:22:41 AM »
Dude, just stop already, you’re way out of your league here.

Jack is pro and Cyrus rips/wears completely regular ass clothing.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2021, 07:58:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Wait is jack ogrady pro? Can’t tell if you’re fucking with me or not but If so that’s news to me. Well deserved though if true. Cyrus Bennett is OK I guess I just prefer skaters that let their skating do the talking and not their clothes.

And btw you can pigeon hole me all you want but fact of the matter is Etnies stopped being cool like 2 years ago. Just because I don’t subscribe to the hive minded slap does not mean I am a kook.

The most mediocre attempt at trolling I’ve seen in some time.

Ari Feldberg

• Rep: -25
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2021, 03:40:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Eh worked for a little while cocksucker

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2021, 06:26:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I thought it was pretty funny. Gets proven wrong on all fronts but won't budge on the bizarre claim that Cyrus' generic jeans, T-shirt, and cap get up is some kind of fashion statement.

Mr. Stinky

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2021, 06:47:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I thought it was pretty funny. Gets proven wrong on all fronts but won't budge on the bizarre claim that Cyrus' generic jeans, T-shirt, and cap get up is some kind of fashion statement.

With cheetahsheets claiming to have landed a 720 on flat in recent memory, among countless other mind-rending claims, the bar is set very high.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -626
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2021, 09:35:39 PM »
some absolutely amazing tricks in there but the vid gave me a Since Day One vibe where it's kind of forgettable despite being incredible.

I really like him and stuff but, i dunno, more lines or something.  i can only be so amazed without some other sick shit thrown in there.
where is home?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 708
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2021, 07:40:50 AM »
Crazy part. Isn't that kickflip into the bank essentially the same trick Willy Santos did in The End though?
lolwut?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2021, 07:45:01 AM »
wait how is that same spot? lol isnt he stuck in australia for lock down? is that also the same spot dude ollies the entire thing in the blockhead video ?? lolol thats messed. is that nollie also the same spot from deathwish? maybe it was old footage pre lockdown when he was in the states or sth

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1553
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2021, 08:29:16 AM »
You can still travel basically anywhere in the world you want, but you have to go into quarantine after you come back. Plenty of rich people chilling in tropical destinations right now.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2021, 09:24:22 AM »
i imagine any Aus brand that isnt Passport is shitting their pants right now

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2021, 01:39:15 PM »
Attempts

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Mr. Stinky

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2021, 01:56:08 PM »
Attempts

He did that third try. THIRD TRY.  Unbelievable, this kid likely isn't even close to hitting his peak yet.

showbobs

• Rep: -1
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2021, 06:51:03 PM »
You would think trying a trick like that 50 gap 50 that the spot would be perfect but nope. Downhill landing, and overall very rough looking. Part of the year.

Logic

• Rep: 36
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2021, 06:54:50 PM »
some absolutely amazing tricks in there but the vid gave me a Since Day One vibe where it's kind of forgettable despite being incredible.

I really like him and stuff but, i dunno, more lines or something.  i can only be so amazed without some other sick shit thrown in there.

Ender aside, I actually prefer his Kitsh part over this one. That may have more to do with the editing/music choice over the actual tricks though.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2021, 05:21:41 AM »
Can we talk about that front 360 tho? 🤯

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2021, 07:36:30 AM »

lol crazy how that was just set up there like that. most people would struggle to get anything besides an ollie off that for sure. a flip trick would be really sketchy i bet

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2021, 11:18:28 AM »

That whole line was amazing and my favourite part. Very well put together.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2021, 03:26:34 PM »
towards the end, at 3:44, there is that huge weird ass rail he pinches a front 50 in perfectly. the bass is like speeding up here it seems like. it sounds really good with this clip. Then, there is this random rainbow rail there in the middle of nowhere seemingly in a forest. can someone in Australia please explain wtf is going on here?

Logic

• Rep: 36
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2021, 04:58:50 PM »
towards the end, at 3:44, there is that huge weird ass rail he pinches a front 50 in perfectly. the bass is like speeding up here it seems like. it sounds really good with this clip. Then, there is this random rainbow rail there in the middle of nowhere seemingly in a forest. can someone in Australia please explain wtf is going on here?

Not from Sydney but my best guess is that it's in a carpark close to a skatepark, the bushland/forest you're seeing in the background can be found in most suburbs in Australia. 

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2021, 07:18:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not from Sydney but my best guess is that it's in a carpark close to a skatepark, the bushland/forest you're seeing in the background can be found in most suburbs in Australia.

Not really related to the rainbow rail but this photo of the top rail is pretty nutty when you consider he pretty much landed in dirt

Credit: @Monkey_Mcpott
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 07:37:27 PM by Owen »
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Local skater

• Rep: -29
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2021, 08:26:32 PM »
The rainbow rail thing is in Melbourne it’s a diy spot some skaters built and that rail just happens to be there

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2021, 12:13:20 AM »
does anyone actually like skateline? his commentary on jack's part was just blatant racism towards indignenous people. i only ever check it out to see what he says about people i'm interested in but fucking hell that guy sucks
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 513
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2021, 12:42:40 AM »
i keep returning to this part, and it's getting gnarlier after every rewatch.
incredible. this dude goes. fucking sick.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2021, 05:31:59 AM »
does anyone actually like skateline? his commentary on jack's part was just blatant racism towards indignenous people. i only ever check it out to see what he says about people i'm interested in but fucking hell that guy sucks

I haven't seen the Jack skateline but I'm not a fan of gary rodgers.

I'm showing my age here.... But he shouts way too much. And does he have to say "nigga" so much?

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2021, 05:52:18 AM »
they are still doing those? damn ive never clicked one. even the thumbnails look stupid

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 688
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2021, 03:43:21 PM »

Didn't want to believe it because that was one of my favourite kickflips ever done and punk as fuck, but yes, same bank. Gotta put some respect to Willy Santos name doing that (admittedly on a smaller section of the bank) over 20 years ago.

What an amazing part, so much incredible skating. The last few tricks were all completely bonkers.

Does anyone have an address on this spot? Someone please get those measurements for comparison.

Edit: My skate nerd ocd couldnt handle it so I looked at Willy Santos' instagram, found a post he did 38 weeks ago, saw someone mention it was called Miller's Outpost banks, looked up old Miller's Outpost locations in socal and got nothing, also saw someone say it was near a 99 cent store, pulled up an aerial of 99 cent only stores in san diego, and found it on the 10th or so I zoomed in on. For the curious:
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.9512066,-117.0630474,3a,75y,356.85h,81.69t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s81IPkvkt8lWonaYSgvV0Fw!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3D81IPkvkt8lWonaYSgvV0Fw%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D128.71872%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 04:32:18 PM by Nosferatu »
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2021, 04:49:16 PM »
Interesting. That makes it look like it’s the same size all the way across.

ABD? Doesn’t matter Jack’s was fucking sickkk and huge props to Willy, just further testament to how ahead of the game he was.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E