Author Topic: Curb spots in San Diego  (Read 2653 times)

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
Curb spots in San Diego
« on: May 14, 2021, 06:06:09 PM »
Looking for curb spots in San Diego.

I’ll be in south county — National City — so the closer to that area the better.

Thanks in advance.

bongboarder420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
Re: Curb spots in San Diego
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 05:49:38 PM »
check pm

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 08:45:11 PM »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1431
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 01:43:05 AM »
If you came up to North County I could give you a ton

ilovegay

• Rep: 9
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 11:46:23 AM »
Does anybody know some good curbs in Pacific Beach?

bongboarder420

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 01:11:36 PM »

i just moved up to north county from down south, can i get some?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 01:26:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What part of North County are you in? I know tons of spots

bongboarder420

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 02:23:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What part of North County are you in? I know tons of spots

oceanside

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 10:23:58 AM »
Check pms

Pbn_jake

• Rep: 30
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2022, 03:29:14 PM »
Pals south county curb sesh??

biaherl

• Rep: 267
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2022, 11:27:25 AM »
Any good spots with shade in City Heights, North park?

I can't think of any good curbs in National City. What spot is that?

I used to have the key to the Old Town yellow curbs but they changed the lock. That fence is easy to hop, at the time I had a shoulder injury so the key came in handy

I've been skating Dewy next to BevMo in Point Loma on and off for over 12 years now. Lately I only go if there's no body there because I don't skate as much as I used to and I really suck. But I still love it and I can't stop

Hillcrest DMV used to be the meet up but I haven't skated there in 8 years. It's about to get a total remodel soon

Pbn_jake

• Rep: 30
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2022, 10:24:01 AM »
I drove by some dudes skating those curbs one day when I was Uber driving and wanted to come back but didn’t know if that was a constant thing. What time Sunday do y’all meet up?

biaherl

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2022, 11:26:51 AM »
I drove by some dudes skating those curbs one day when I was Uber driving and wanted to come back but didn’t know if that was a constant thing. What time Sunday do y’all meet up?

Typically I go there around noon on Sunday before work but I've had vertigo for over two weeks and missed 3 Sunday's so far.

The meet up used to be around 1pm on Sunday's but always when the Teachers are gone or if they have a church day after church. I've gone there at sunset (any day) a bunch and people would be there

buttchin

• Rep: 18
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2022, 12:54:08 PM »
PM me as well! I grew up in Chula Vista and can direct you to a ton of lowkey and untouched red curbs in most of the developing areas around here

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2023, 06:35:22 AM »
Hey y’all been a while since I was in SD and I’m going to be down there this weekend. Normally I get dragged to OB skatepark but hoping someone can fill me in on some early morning curb spots. Only one i can remember is the one in old town. I’m staying bayside but I have a car and plan on doing a little driving

LebowskisRug

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2023, 09:43:37 AM »
Check your DMs

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2023, 11:55:54 AM »
PMd you a spot

stokelord

• Rep: 3
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2023, 07:50:03 AM »
Finally found a landlord that is okay with the cats I've grown attached to through my TNR efforts in my current neighborhood and I am relocating from Phoenix to San Diego! Does anybody have any mellow spot suggestions in Pacific Beach? Super stoked to have a 15-minute bike ride to the OB Park incorporated into my morning routine.

biaherl

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2023, 12:27:09 PM »
Finally found a landlord that is okay with the cats I've grown attached to through my TNR efforts in my current neighborhood and I am relocating from Phoenix to San Diego! Does anybody have any mellow spot suggestions in Pacific Beach? Super stoked to have a 15-minute bike ride to the OB Park incorporated into my morning routine.

Pacific Drive Skate Shop curb, but it can get heavy. If you don't kook it you'll learn all the PB spots from the people you'll meet. There's a mini DIY next the McD's on garnet but I haven't skated it yet and it's probably gone by now. Kate Sessions used to the the spot back in the day but that was the 90's

Best Curb in San Diego right now is by USD. I like the 805 curb better but it's not double sided (yet) and there's so many tiny rocks, bring a broom

stokelord

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2023, 01:30:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pacific Drive Skate Shop curb, but it can get heavy. If you don't kook it you'll learn all the PB spots from the people you'll meet. There's a mini DIY next the McD's on garnet but I haven't skated it yet and it's probably gone by now. Kate Sessions used to the the spot back in the day but that was the 90's

Best Curb in San Diego right now is by USD. I like the 805 curb better but it's not double sided (yet) and there's so many tiny rocks, bring a broom

I really appreciate the response. I can't wait to skate some new spots and meet some new folks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2023, 02:57:18 PM »
If you come up to San Marcos in North County, you can skate a hundred foot long double sided curb. It's what dreams are made of

stokelord

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2023, 10:20:35 PM »
If you come up to San Marcos in North County, you can skate a hundred foot long double sided curb. It's what dreams are made of

@DaleSr that sounds like an oasis. I will be traveling between San Diego and Los Angeles/IE for work while out there so I’ll be passing through North County a ton. I would love to check it out.

biaherl

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2023, 03:53:14 PM »
This is my favorite curb. There are many curbs at this spot but this one is my favorite

It's only nine feet long but you can lock into it just by looking at it. It's the perfect warm up spot I can go in circles for minutes push push slap push push push push slap I love it

Here's some footage Spencer shot yesterday after we left and went to the Grossmont High curbs. Last time we went to the Grossmont curbs Chris Cole, Dane Brummett and the zero am's were there so we made a u turn and went to the 12:40 curb club

I posted this here 'cause no one will see it and no one will know where they can find me at 12:40pm on any given day

LebowskisRug

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2023, 05:42:26 PM »
That spot is blowing out fast

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 165
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2023, 02:02:01 PM »
I've skated that spot for two years now and always see the same old farts skating it (my friends) but usually I'm by myself. I mean it's just a curb spot there are tons of other spots that are better i.e. the ones that are not a drive or trolly ride away. JV's is the best burrito in town so that's a plus

LebowskisRug

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2023, 09:02:48 PM »
Weird, probably seen you there then.

There's been a decent amount of trash and shit leftover from sessions that seems to have drawn more transit security recently.

Would love any recommendations of better spots, especially smaller ledge spots in the area that aren't in a school and can be skated on a weekday.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 165
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2023, 09:49:04 PM »
Would love any recommendations of better spots, especially smaller ledge spots in the area that aren't in a school and can be skated on a weekday.

only if you like skating houses and bombing hills

I saw a new downhill double sided curb that has a long curve at the end and keeps going on the bike trail next to the new PB/OB bridge. I saw it at freeway speeds so I could be tripping

LebowskisRug

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2023, 09:43:46 AM »
Ah ya that's likely the In-N-Out ledge. Thing is OK. There's a dope ledge right across from the curb spot, but it's on the outside of a gym and they get mad pretty quick.

biaherl

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2023, 10:48:12 AM »
Across the street (from the curb in my gif) where the storage containers are there is what looks to be a future bus stop with a wide sidewalk and two long retaining walls that are shin to knee high. I only looked at them when I was hungover but I remember them being skateable, they're near the long ass stair set and they need to be rubbed and dressed

This spot is still there I drive by it almost everyday, I never see anyone there not even homeless. Near WSVT

I would assume that it will need some repair

There's always the Richmond bridge over the 163 at balboa park

LebowskisRug

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2023, 02:46:19 PM »
Richmond bridge ground kinda sucks, but the bridge up near PQ is pretty damn nice and has been my go to for that sorta thing