Author Topic: Sketchiest moments  (Read 2284 times)

TurboVirgin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Sketchiest moments
« on: June 19, 2021, 01:23:53 AM »
I want to hear some crazy stories.

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
Re: Sketchiest moments
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 10:09:13 AM »
One time when I was 15, we were skating a low street rail when my buddy sacked and shit himself. it was 104 degree weather so we were gross and super sweaty. We had to walk two miles to a strip of shops looking for a restroom but no one wanted to let him in cuz he sharted himself so bad. Eventually we convinced a laundromat to let us in by paying for his pants to be washed. Then went back to skate the rail

cky enthusiast

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 11:04:04 AM »
i’ve been shot at twice, run over by two city
busses and a few cars, seen several severe beatings and one stabbing and lived in a van by soma park is SF

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 11:49:24 AM »
The one that comes to mind the first is. I just got off work with my homie, and we bombed down queen ann hill, and I am not quite a bomber.. But went shoulder-first into a honda civic that was sitting in the middle of the road watching. I got so smoked, and the lady started freaking out. Not the sketchiest story I know, LOL.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 12:52:48 PM »
So this one time, in band camp..

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 01:44:54 PM »
My life has always been fairly tame, but this is one of those funny stories I get to tell from time to time where I had a moment where I actually felt like the chance of getting really hurt was possible. Also, sorry for the long story.

I just graduated college right into the recession with a graphic design degree and most design firms were downsizing and was a bitch to find a job. I also didn't know if it's what I wanted to do, so I decided to put it on hold and find a whatever job.

I ended getting a job as a dog walker with a company for about 20-25 hours a week. On one walk with this old pitbull and a pug, we were walking peacefully, and up ahead about a couple hundred feet away I could see 4 stray dogs with no owners around. This was in a pretty rich area, so it felt unusual. All of a sudden all 4 start charging down the street towards us. I just stopped and waited, hoping they would sniff each other and be on their way.

They finally got to us, with my heart pounding, and stopped. All dogs were just sort of frozen, sniffing each other for about 5 seconds, which felt like an eternity, and then all hell broke loose. The stray dogs just started attacking the dogs and it's mayhem. I start kicking dogs in the face to get them away from the pug and just scrambling trying to figure out what to do. It got to the point where the thought went through my head that I was going to have to try to seriously injure a dog to get it all to stop.

All of a sudden, I see a white truck barreling towards us, and apparently a landscaping crew saw what was happening down the road. 3 burly dudes start smacking these dogs with shovels and I chucked the pug into the back of the trucks. They had some big rocks in the back and at one point a dude just hucked one and hit one of the dogs in the head. We grabbed the old pit bull in the back and got out of there.

I had a bunch of blood on my jeans, but surprisingly when we got back to the house I couldn't find any bites or cuts on the 2 dogs I was watching. I honestly don't know what would've happened if those dudes didn't roll up.

It was a pretty jarring experience overall, but was glad the dogs I was watching were ok. Another fun fact is I was only making $10/hour where I had to pay for my own gas, and worked that job for about 8-9 months. I remember when I did my taxes at the end of the year, I only made about $5,900 in one year. Just straight poverty, but I was living with 3 other guys in a small house with low rent and managed to make it work while using an additional 2k of graduation money to float on by. Simpler times.

Irvine-Sucks.com

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 02:39:28 PM »
I was road tripping from Quebec to BC with a friend in 2014. We stop in Winnipeg for the night. Once we get our motel room, we walk over to Tim Horton’s on the other side of the street to get some food and some muffins for the day after. After 35 hours of continuous driving through snowstorms and shitty conditions, we weren’t feeling fancy and needed something quick.

Fuck driving through Ontario in the winter, by the way, that’s sketchy enough on its own.

Right as I’m about to walk in (about 30 feet from the door), a very methed-out homeless man in the parking lot starts yelling at us, right as we turn around, he throws a fucking wine bottle at my friend and hits him square in the face. Luckily it didn’t break, but getting a bottle thrown right on your nose isn’t fun. His nose immediately starts pissing blood.

Now I’m not one to get into fights, but truth is, I don’t mind a good scrap if someone fucks with me enough. This was one of those cases, and I knew I could beat him up. So I walk over to him with one thing in mind: smash him.

This motherfucker pulls out a syringe and starts running after me ! He chased me for a while before giving up and turning on another street.

So I’m in Winnipeg for 20 minutes, my friend gets his nose smashed (wasn’t broken, luckily) and I get chased by someone who wants to stab me with a syringe. We ran back to the room and ordered pizza finally.

Fuck Winnipeg.

Also, driving through Roger’s Pass in BC at night in the middle of a GNARLY snowstorm scared me shitless. Couldn’t see beyond the hood of my Impreza and seriously thought I could die. Those logging vans on the road are insane. They closed the pass right as we got to Revelstoke. I was so nervous the whole time, when we got to my friends’ place, I passed out after drinking half a beer, I was spent.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 02:46:53 PM by TheBoognish »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2021, 02:52:59 PM »
I was road tripping from Quebec to BC with a friend in 2014. We stop in Winnipeg for the night. Once we get our motel room, we walk over to Tim Horton’s on the other side of the street to get some food and some muffins for the day after. After 35 hours of continuous driving through snowstorms and shitty conditions, we weren’t feeling fancy and needed something quick.

Fuck driving through Ontario in the winter, by the way, that’s sketchy enough on its own.

Right as I’m about to walk in (about 30 feet from the door), a very methed-out homeless man in the parking lot starts yelling at us, right as we turn around, he throws a fucking wine bottle at my friend and hits him square in the face. Luckily it didn’t break, but getting a bottle thrown right on your nose isn’t fun. His nose immediately starts pissing blood.

Now I’m not one to get into fights, but truth is, I don’t mind a good scrap if someone fucks with me enough. This was one of those cases, and I knew I could beat him up. So I walk over to him with one thing in mind: smash him.

This motherfucker pulls out a syringe and starts running after me ! He chased me for a while before giving up and turning on another street.

So I’m in Winnipeg for 20 minutes, my friend gets his nose smashed (wasn’t broken, luckily) and I get chased by someone who wants to stab me with a syringe. We ran back to the room and ordered pizza finally.

Fuck Winnipeg.

Come back any time! Haha

Yeah the opioid/meth/fentanyl issue is big here. I’ve seen some shit working as a stretcher attendant. I’ve been fortunate enough to have lived here for about half my life without any major issues, like what you guys went through. Toronto, though, I had to deal with sketchy shit.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2021, 03:02:26 PM »
Expand Quote

Fuck Winnipeg.
[close]

Come back any time! Haha

Yeah the opioid/meth/fentanyl issue is big here. I’ve seen some shit working as a stretcher attendant. I’ve been fortunate enough to have lived here for about half my life without any major issues, like what you guys went through. Toronto, though, I had to deal with sketchy shit.

I didn’t specify it in my post, but this was a Native man, late 30’s about. Apparently the drug problems are gigantic within the First Nations communities in Manitoba, some of the worst in Canada I heard. That’s a bummer.

Strange, I’ve been to Toronto a ton of times yet never had any problems, besides being asked for money every 20 feet. The homeless problem is ridiculous in Toronto. I got lucky, I guess.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2021, 03:30:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Fuck Winnipeg.
[close]

Come back any time! Haha

[close]

I didn’t specify it in my post, but this was a Native man, late 30’s about. Apparently the drug problems are gigantic within the First Nations communities in Manitoba, some of the worst in Canada I heard. That’s a bummer.

Strange, I’ve been to Toronto a ton of times yet never had any problems, besides being asked for money every 20 feet. The homeless problem is ridiculous in Toronto. I got lucky, I guess.

Yeah, I was threatened with someone holding a machete once, was attacked on the subway on another occasion. But I got out unscathed.

Unfortunately, the First Nations community has undergone so much trauma over generations that addiction and all its aftereffects are prevalent. There's more and more education and activism going on nowadays, but still so much work to do.

Glad you and your friend are okay!

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 117
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2021, 04:11:00 PM »
I was riding my bike home, 5th and Mifflin South Philly, turned onto 5h street. Guy starts walking across the street right in front of me, then I'm like "wtf is this guy doing he doesn't even see me and he's walking right into my path", dude is like 10 feet in front of me or so. The next thing I know I see the muzzle flashing, dude was waiting for some guy to get out of his car to start shooting at him. He was so locked in he probably didn't even see me, I slammed on my brakes (if I kept going 10 more feet I would've been 100% been in the crossfire), and high tailed it directly back to my buddy's house.

My buddy bought a place at 18th and Wharton that needed fixing up. He and I went over there to get rid of old crap inside the building etc, walking garbage to his van. We're standing out on the sidewalk next to his van, and some kid is walking south towards us. A separate kid walking north passes my buddy and I. My buddy starts mouthing something to me, and I'm like "what?" Finally he raises he voice a little and said " I think that kid had a gun. As soon as he said that, these two kids started shooting at each other with us just standing there on the sidewalk. We both proceeded to dive into his van and cower for dear life. That was the longest 15 seconds of my life.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 117
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2021, 04:21:17 PM »
I was riding my bike home, 5th and Mifflin South Philly, turned onto 5h street. Guy starts walking across the street right in front of me, then I'm like "wtf is this guy doing he doesn't even see me and he's walking right into my path", dude is like 10 feet in front of me or so. The next thing I know I see the muzzle flashing, dude was waiting for some guy to get out of his car to start shooting at him. He was so locked in he probably didn't even see me, I slammed on my brakes (if I kept going 10 more feet I would've been 100% been in the crossfire), and high tailed it directly back to my buddy's house.

My buddy bought a place at 18th and Wharton that needed fixing up. He and I went over there to get rid of old crap inside the building etc, walking garbage to his van. We're standing out on the sidewalk next to his van, and some kid is walking south towards us. A separate kid walking north passes my buddy and I. My buddy starts mouthing something to me, and I'm like "what?" Finally he raises he voice a little and said " I think that kid had a gun. As soon as he said that, these two kids started shooting at each other with us just standing there on the sidewalk. We both proceeded to dive into his van and cower for dear life. That was the longest 15 seconds of my life.

FROGGY

• Rep: 1
  • honk if you're horny
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2021, 05:29:30 PM »
years back and older dude on the scene sacked on a rail and started pissing blood. spent a couple nights in the hospital getting dick surgery and when he went back to school his homie thought he was faking and kicked him in the nuts. started pissing blood again and had to go to the hospital to get his dick wrapped again but the nurse was his homies mom and he got a boner while she was wrapping his peepee.
"Here to fuck spiders"

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2021, 07:57:53 PM »
A few years ago was working in this old building it had this narrow entrance for vehicles and at the end of it you could turn into the building or there was this alcove bit that homeless people would chill in

Anyway one morning there’s a coroner van there and we can’t go to work cause it was bin day and a homeless person was sleeping in the driveway by mistake and the garbage truck has just squished him like a pancake
Because those trucks are so heavy, right
Anyway I couldn’t really see properly but two coppers in overalls had these scrapers on poles and they scraped him up and put him in these black bags they had, I think he fit in two bags

The next day there was just this spot on the bitumen and you could see someone had lit a candle but it had gone out already
listen to cosmic psychos

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2021, 08:09:06 PM »
Exes stepdad had some acreage we used to go kick it there a bit they had this German Shepard anyway he went missing which was pretty fucked but then their septic started backing up and he’s called a plumber or whatever and he happened to be home when the guy came and he’s come into the house and said I found the problem I think it’s a goat

But it was Bruno the German Shepard, sometimes I think about how long he was swimming around in there before he got tired
listen to cosmic psychos

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1672
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2021, 10:54:53 PM »
Exes stepdad had some acreage we used to go kick it there a bit they had this German Shepard anyway he went missing which was pretty fucked but then their septic started backing up and he’s called a plumber or whatever and he happened to be home when the guy came and he’s come into the house and said I found the problem I think it’s a goat

But it was Bruno the German Shepard, sometimes I think about how long he was swimming around in there before he got tired

Welp, that's enough internet for today and tomorrow
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

superleftswipebby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2021, 07:05:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Fuck Winnipeg.
[close]

Come back any time! Haha

[close]

Agreed! Toronto’s homeless problem is outta hand. There’s also been a surge in anti-asian crimes.

Hamilton’s homeless situation is worse than Toronto’s tho. Particularly around James Street. It’s pretty depressing.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 998
  • the moon rules
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2021, 07:17:03 PM »
Having to run through alleyways while a cop would grab you and throw you out the other side immediately after the Boston Marathon bombing was pretty sketchy. Tried to cut through a greenway getting home and had a tactical team grab my buddies and I because they were doing a sweep for more explosives
fuck you bama

Bay10Blues

• Rep: 5
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2021, 07:29:54 PM »
I ride my bike a lot and one Labor Day it was super hot, I live in the southern US, and my wife wanted ice cream so I said I would ride to get some, it’s like 9pm. Slow cruise to the grocery, no worries until I went past a car on the right.  After having the driver repeatedly honk and yell at me from behind me, I gave him the finger. He sped past me, braked hard and then tried to ram me with his car. I avoided being hit only by jumping the curb and riding on the sidewalk. He continued to follow me, screaming from his open window and swerving at me. I pulled into the grocery store parking lot, and he sped in, slammed on the brakes and jumped out of the car. After asking him calmly to back off, he shoved me. I warned him one more time to get back in the car. He pushed me again while advancing on me, so I punched him in the face. He then charged me and I hit him a few more times as he tried to wrestle me to the ground. He fell down, and then got up, nose and eyes bleeding, went to his car while screaming nonsense at me and sped out of the parking lot. I went in the store to get my wife ice cream, the original mission. When I came out there were 2 cops waiting next to my bike, they had apparently watched the entire altercation from inside the store in the AC. I explained what had happened. All they had to offer was “ you should probably ride home another way.” Be careful who you flip off. I don’t advocate violence, but I’m also not going to be shoved around.

A few days later I’m drinking a beer with a friend on my front porch telling him this story and some tree guys come to work in my neighbors yard. No shit, the foreman is the dude and his face is swelled to shit, black eye, the works. He eventually sees me and comes over. To his credit, he apologized, but my buddy was giggling the whole time. Strange days.

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2021, 08:01:28 PM »
My ex lived 20 minutes away from Niagara Falls and we’d aimlessly walk around her city. It’s pretty rural there. We hang out by this park and I see a dude standing in the dark at a catwalk. Starring at our direction.

The man approaches us and says “i’ve been watching you from my jacuzzi”. My internal alarm is running. I freeze and my asshole clenches up. I suggest him to have a seat. I look at my ex and she notices that i’m gripping my trucks. The fella asks for a smoke and the intensity simmers down. He seems harmless yet abit intense. We speak for a bit. The conversation slowly unravels. He tells us “I can’t ash this cigarette here. The government is watching us through the grass”. This sounds all to familiar and I panic. One of my friends is schizophrenic and these ramblings are all too similar. He rambles about how his mom is feeding him truth serum every night. There’s a lot more ramblings about some other stuff and his toxic relationship with his brother.

What feels like hours passes by.

Out of the blue he tells my ex and I “Tomorrow, If the news asks about the evil shit I did tonight. Please tell them I was a good person”.

I turn to my ex and there’s panic in her eyes. I tell him politely “I gotta go piss. It was nice meeting you dawg”. We start walking away and I see my ex make a run for it. This is the first time i’ve ever seen her run and I look back he’s just standing there right by that cat walk. Gazing at out direction.

We make it back to her place. We freak out and assume this dude just did some evil shit. My ex files a police report. The police show up to her place.

As we explain what happened, the cop raises his eyebrows and asks us “was his name **** *****?”. He pulls us a mugshot on his computer. That’s him. The cop explains that the man is harmless. The man was trying to scare us into murdering him. Turns out the man suffers from schizophrenia and is on a constant search for someone to kill him. Turns out he doesn’t live with his mother either. The cop goes to check on him and turns out he’s safe.

It’s all fucking sad. I hope he’s doing better and at a better place mentally.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2021, 08:52:05 PM »
Having to run through alleyways while a cop would grab you and throw you out the other side immediately after the Boston Marathon bombing was pretty sketchy. Tried to cut through a greenway getting home and had a tactical team grab my buddies and I because they were doing a sweep for more explosives

this isn't necessarily the sketchiest moment in my life but in relation to what you wrote,

that was a wild thing, man. Right, so I was at Mass General after taking my then sorta girlfriend to see her dad who had had open-heart surgery the day prior. we were planning to go get from drinks from my sister who was working an event at the finish line. So, we're heading down the elevator at MGH and my sister calls me screaming "don't fucking come here. a bomb went off. you need to get the fuck away" and her phone shuts off. I'm like oh shit, so I take the girl I'm with and don't say anything other than "we've gotta get the fuck out of here now," grab her arm and start pulling her into the garage. I hadn't said anything to keep her calm as can be, no one at MGH knew what had happened yet, people were just going about their business at this point. in the immediate moments after the explosion, really, it was like no one knew what was happening unless they were there at the finish line. So homegirl is pissy but I know she's an exceptionally anxious person and telling her what was happening would have been worse than coming off as an aggressive jerk, so finally we get to the car and I say that we need to get through the tunnels and out of the city because a bomb went off. and you know, it was kind of wild because no one knew if this was a one off or if the city was under attack or what. I was trying to call my sister but cell service had absolutely been shut down in the city by that point. fortunately we were fast enough to not get stuck in any traffic because there was most definitely a drag net soon after. We were so freaked out that we drove straight to Providence and started drinking at the Trinity Brewhouse or whatever it's called. Eventually we got in touch with my sister and it turns out that she had showed up to the event (she was a liquor sales rep and was supposed to be on a restaurant patio at the finish line) 5 minutes late and was in the basement of the joint when the bomb went off. According to her schedule, she was supposed to be right smack dab where it went down. Adding a further level of lunacy to this, my current partner of 6 years, at the time of the bombing lived 3 houses away from where the kid who did it was hiding in the boat on Franklin Street in Watertown.

I really don't think about this event very often and when I do, I rationalize that it happens in places all over the world on a regular basis. In writing it out though, I'm seeing that it was really fucking intense.
Support your local skate shop

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 04:36:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Fuck Winnipeg.
[close]

Come back any time! Haha

[close]

[close]

Agreed! Toronto’s homeless problem is outta hand. There’s also been a surge in anti-asian crimes.

Hamilton’s homeless situation is worse than Toronto’s tho. Particularly around James Street. It’s pretty depressing.

Just moved from Toronto to Hamilton. Toronto definitely has it bad in some parts, along with some pretty heavy and open drug use. Seen bits of that around here too, not to the same extent yet but I wouldn’t doubt it. Not sure the solution, but it seems like any funding that would help the situation tends to be the first to get budget cuts. Definitely depressing.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2021, 05:23:12 AM »
I have so many great sketchy stories.

But I’m supposed to be working right now so I’ll send the opening salvo with this one…

When I was in 10th grade I got caught by a security guard getting a handjob at school and I think he was jerking of to it.

So, me and this girl were sitting on a bench in a relatively quiet part of school near the baseball field. She pulls out my junk and starts cranking. A few minutes go by and I was getting close but I looked up and made eye contact with the creepy school security guard, Rich. It almost killed the mood, but my hog is fully out and I can’t quit now. Being young and resilient we pressed on. The girl, we’ll call her H, didn’t notice and I’m not about to say something and ruin my chances of getting to sling some yogurt during school hours. The guard turned around, and ducked behind the corner of a portable classroom, but kept peeking. I’m feeling up on H’s behind and getting close but this fucking weirdo is still watching. She’s giving me the best handy I’d yet received in my young life and before I know it I’m shooting a dead jellyfish all over my brand new wrench pilot/lakai Telfords. I look up and the guard is still watching. I put my junk away and we’re about to head back to class when rich comes out. He asks if we’re all done, I reply with what? He said never mind and walked away, and I walked back to class with my cum splattered Telfords.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 09:37:51 AM by Freelancevagrant »
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2021, 09:28:10 AM »
I have so many great sketchy stories.

But I’m supposed to be working right now so I’ll send the opening salvo with this one…

When I was in 10th grade I got caught getting a handjob by a security guard at school and I think he was jerking of to it.

So, me and this girl were sitting on a bench in a relatively quiet part of school near the baseball field. She pulls out my junk and starts cranking. A few minutes go by and I was getting close but I looked up and made eye contact with the creepy school security guard, Rich. It almost killed the mood, but my hog is fully out and I can’t quit now. Being young and resilient we pressed on. The girl, we’ll call her H, didn’t notice and I’m not about to say something and ruin my chances of getting to sling some yogurt during school hours. The guard turned around, and ducked behind the corner of a portable classroom, but kept peeking. I’m feeling up on H’s behind and getting close but this fucking weirdo is still watching. She’s giving me the best handy I’d yet received in my young life and before I know it I’m shooting a dead jellyfish all over my brand new wrench pilot/lakai Telfords. I look up and the guard is still watching. I put my junk away and we’re about to head back to class when rich comes out. He asks if we’re all done, I reply with what? He said never mind and walked away, and I walked back to class with my cum splattered Telfords.

That part was really misleading...

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2021, 09:38:11 AM »
@tuesday holy shit good catch, corrected.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2021, 11:45:33 AM »
Top was skating and I morphed around a bunch of truck metal by centimetres. Then surfing big surf in Mex.  Also really sketchy big avalanche I started.  Prolly a million tons, what a site that was.  Metre deep beak.  Another time I slid on my back for 25 meters thru the woods backward with trees flying by.  Somehow I didn't hit any of them.  Steep terrain.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2021, 01:43:54 PM »
eh, i'm drawn to this thread by title alone, and i've enjoyed and appreciated reading through this thread thus far...very inspiring...

...and i'm in a very stable and law-abiding place in my life these days, and have been here for a minute now--i'm quite thankful to say. but trying to sift through the myriad sketchy ass shit i've done and experienced, for something to share, if for no other reason than some catharsis, has been a bit humbling, although i've narrowed it down to a couple of things...one of which i know i will feel comfortable enough to share with y'all soon enough...seriously...

...i'd share it now, but...you know, i have to go to work...

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2021, 08:50:57 PM »
I might have posted this already but years ago I was at the pub with two mates and we left there to go to missus place to keep drinking anyway we’re almost there and we’re coming up to this right angled turn and Troy says should I drift it and I said fuck yeah and Pete’s in the back sober and he says no cunt the trailer but it was too late and we made the corner drifting in a 70 series but then the trailers lashed its tail and we rolled onto my side, jumped up the kerb and we slid for a bit and stopped just at this brick retaining wall, lucky

But what I thought was real lucky was I was smoking with my arm out the window and something made me throw my smoke and put the seatbelt on, honestly I buckled my shit maybe half a second before we rolled I would have lost my arm up to the shoulder joint easy
I reckon would have lost it under the truck while it was sliding for sure

As it was I got to watch this shitty old cheese grater gravel come past like right next to my face which was fairly terrifying, it’s great those seatbelts lock up under tension, fuck me

It was all around houses and all these people came out it was proper fucked had to run but I am glad I am typing this now with my hand that’s attached to my arm
listen to cosmic psychos

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2021, 10:20:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this isn't necessarily the sketchiest moment in my life but in relation to what you wrote,

that was a wild thing, man. Right, so I was at Mass General after taking my then sorta girlfriend to see her dad who had had open-heart surgery the day prior. we were planning to go get from drinks from my sister who was working an event at the finish line. So, we're heading down the elevator at MGH and my sister calls me screaming "don't fucking come here. a bomb went off. you need to get the fuck away" and her phone shuts off. I'm like oh shit, so I take the girl I'm with and don't say anything other than "we've gotta get the fuck out of here now," grab her arm and start pulling her into the garage. I hadn't said anything to keep her calm as can be, no one at MGH knew what had happened yet, people were just going about their business at this point. in the immediate moments after the explosion, really, it was like no one knew what was happening unless they were there at the finish line. So homegirl is pissy but I know she's an exceptionally anxious person and telling her what was happening would have been worse than coming off as an aggressive jerk, so finally we get to the car and I say that we need to get through the tunnels and out of the city because a bomb went off. and you know, it was kind of wild because no one knew if this was a one off or if the city was under attack or what. I was trying to call my sister but cell service had absolutely been shut down in the city by that point. fortunately we were fast enough to not get stuck in any traffic because there was most definitely a drag net soon after. We were so freaked out that we drove straight to Providence and started drinking at the Trinity Brewhouse or whatever it's called. Eventually we got in touch with my sister and it turns out that she had showed up to the event (she was a liquor sales rep and was supposed to be on a restaurant patio at the finish line) 5 minutes late and was in the basement of the joint when the bomb went off. According to her schedule, she was supposed to be right smack dab where it went down. Adding a further level of lunacy to this, my current partner of 6 years, at the time of the bombing lived 3 houses away from where the kid who did it was hiding in the boat on Franklin Street in Watertown.

I really don't think about this event very often and when I do, I rationalize that it happens in places all over the world on a regular basis. In writing it out though, I'm seeing that it was really fucking intense.

Yeah nah both situations would be scary as fuck you’d only wanna get you and yours home ASAP in some shit like that

In Thailand a few years ago we were having a good dinner and it turned out to be crackers but it sounded like automatic weapons and nobody in the restaurant got up or anything but it was like a shiver went over everyone eating like the whole restaurant and all the blokes looked at each other like fuck what do we do but it was just fireworks thank fuck

That’s some proper scary shit you two are talking about you wouldn’t know like where’s a good place to go to it would have been fucked
listen to cosmic psychos

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1988
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2021, 10:52:33 PM »
I was almost part of a human trafficking scheme.

I was 19, in the army (conscript service) and just broken up with my first girlfriend. A colleague who was well known for doing lots of illegal stuff (trafficking cigarettes from neighboring countries using military licensed vehicles) asked me if wanted to earn 10k in 2 days. All I had to do was get on a plane to Russia, someone would "borrow" my passport for a bit while I stayed on the plane, return the passport to me (hopefully) and fly home.

The prospect of getting stuck in Russia and participating in human trafficking didn't phase young and heartbroken me. Thankfully I mentioned it to my mom and she slapped some sense into me.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m