Author Topic: VIOLET - William Strobeck Board Company  (Read 62682 times)

Blueabyssofthisss

Re: VIOLET - William Strobeck Board Company
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2021, 11:35:56 AM »
If you insert an 'N' between the 'E' and 'T' it spells VIOLENT. I don't think that's a coincidence.
Strobeck did black rock confirmed

Sold Out

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2021, 12:02:19 PM »
I don't really know how to feel, but if I was Glue skateboards I'd be pissed.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2021, 12:13:03 PM »
I don't really know how to feel, but if I was Glue skateboards I'd be pissed.
why?

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2021, 12:39:56 PM »
he basically scooped up the kids from Untitled.

i'm way more interested in whatever the Logan/post-917 crew does

brokenarm

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2021, 02:13:59 PM »
a dude named seven huh

“Seven?!  I was gonna use Seven!”

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2021, 02:34:21 PM »

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2021, 02:36:48 PM »
lame ass look to make the argument that dude is "genderless" or that "you dont care" that you misgendered someone, just take the respectable L and own up to the mistake

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2021, 03:15:19 PM »
Not really a Strobeck fan, but Kris Brown is very dope.

chrisskates808

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2021, 03:16:28 PM »
nope, not interested in buying that shit

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1196
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2021, 06:43:16 PM »
lame ass look to make the argument that dude is "genderless" or that "you dont care" that you misgendered someone, just take the respectable L and own up to the mistake
omg someone made a mistake please don’t cancel me. fucking pussy

also, you just called her ‘dude.’

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2021, 07:51:48 PM »
backing this. so much better than whatever funeral home would have ended up being.

austyns somewhere on a beach in tight black jeans playing autistic guitar next to some very basic blonde socal chicks punching the air and or a box of his one off habitat re-release they dressed up as putting him back on the team lol

free max b

Austyn is the man.

Violet Skateboards= Nonce Skateboards with an AM team of shirtless pre teens

Palace Bun Violet

Free Max B

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2021, 08:15:45 PM »
sick

Spunkchild

• Rep: 38
  • Big gal
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2021, 06:30:50 AM »
Shout out slap for calling out misgendering quicker than most people in real life.

Shout out fat bill for sponcing a queer person i guess? I fucking hate that fat greasy and creepy fuck, he hangs out with incredibly young boys but it's cool because "skating has no age limit" or whatever. Why don't you just give the cool kids at the local in France boards instead of flying them out to New York you fucking gross weirdo

Fuck FLIP and other brands that do shit like that, fuck Baker too for having its little kid junky thing back in the day, leave kids alone.

use them while they are young, pump them full of pot, and when they aren't useful anymore throw them away, no better than Hollywood.
I have bad taste and I smell like fetta cheese

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2021, 06:49:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
omg someone made a mistake please don’t cancel me. fucking pussy

also, you just called her ‘dude.’

nah cancelling is about the dumbest shit in the world and would be pretty counterintuitive to people learning from a simple mistake like misgendering

glad to see you used "her" this time around, so im over it, carry on homie.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

donkey

• Rep: -66
  • donk
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2021, 06:51:26 AM »
Shout out slap for calling out misgendering quicker than most people in real life.

Shout out fat bill for sponcing a queer person i guess? I fucking hate that fat greasy and creepy fuck, he hangs out with incredibly young boys but it's cool because "skating has no age limit" or whatever. Why don't you just give the cool kids at the local in France boards instead of flying them out to New York you fucking gross weirdo

Fuck FLIP and other brands that do shit like that, fuck Baker too for having its little kid junky thing back in the day, leave kids alone.

use them while they are young, pump them full of pot, and when they aren't useful anymore throw them away, no better than Hollywood.

am i missing something here? surely you cannot be this mad at strobeck for supporting the youngsters trying to make it in skateboarding. im almost positive strobeck is a good role model for them and isn't exposing them to anything mature. i could be wrong tho, it just seems like a lot of people in this thread really hate the guy for reasons unknown to me. sure, it can be seen as a bit odd how he does things but like hes extremely well respected and for probably good reason

Spunkchild

• Rep: 38
  • Big gal
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2021, 07:44:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

am i missing something here? surely you cannot be this mad at strobeck for supporting the youngsters trying to make it in skateboarding. im almost positive strobeck is a good role model for them and isn't exposing them to anything mature. i could be wrong tho, it just seems like a lot of people in this thread really hate the guy for reasons unknown to me. sure, it can be seen as a bit odd how he does things but like hes extremely well respected and for probably good reason

Bill is PROBABLY a good guy, in a sea of PROBABLY good people. Bill probably doesn't do anything funny with the 12 year old french kids he films (sometimes taking pictures in his house), he's probably just into the YOUTH CULTURE. Bill probably isn't cashing in on queer people when its convenient, he's probably just hooking up the kids or whatever.

I am absolutely a cynic, but have you seen cherry recently? I was a 16 when it came out, but rewatching certain sequences feels very wrong, the section where he's calling TJ the courthouse kid and some college girl is hanging real close to them and saying "I thought you where 19" is just fucking weird. He's obviously a little kid lmfao.  Hes been doing that schtick for so long of budget Larry Clark that I think a lot of people are like "are you a pedo?" because he's not doing it to maybe talk about why the kids are not alright, hes selling tighty whities and other fucking skateboard junk. (also Larry Clark is creepy still, just more artistry there when it isn't an actual fucking supreme commercial.)

This is all to say that yea, over the years getting rubbed the wrong way over and over makes some people raw. This is all conjecture, Bill is probably the homie, just not loving the NYC art grad chomo vibe
I have bad taste and I smell like fetta cheese

conqueso

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2021, 09:12:49 AM »

atonishingly accurate. the illusion of success.

never thought id see a kid actually named seven lmao

wonder if his folks are seinfeld fans

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2021, 09:31:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

atonishingly accurate. the illusion of success.

never thought id see a kid actually named seven lmao

wonder if his folks are seinfeld fans
just wealthy along with the rest of those kids strobeck is “flying out.”

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2021, 09:34:58 AM »

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2021, 12:47:40 PM »
I like Bill, I think he’s a likeable and sincere dude and I would buy a board from his board company if the shapes are to my liking. Hopefully not exactly the same as FA/Hockey.

I understand that some people like fisheye footage, but the level of animosity over this is weird to me.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2021, 12:52:46 PM »
I understand that some people like fisheye footage, but the level of animosity over this is weird to me.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 133
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2021, 01:20:11 PM »
The kids are sick, but Strobeck is a deal breaker for me. Let the kids do something fresh themselves, I'm so over Bill's aesthetic on pretty much everything. Grungey teenage angst through the lens of a 43 year old man, zoom out of the tricks and stop instagramming kids in your bedroom, it's getting kinda sad and weird.

Edit: Sorry if that came off as super old persony but this guy has been so rooted in FA and supreme now that I can't picture him actually doing something with these guys that looks moderately different at all.

My thoughts exactly. The "Larry Clark Skateboards" comment was also spot on. Definitely gave me a laugh. I'd also say he's in Y2K Terry Richardson/VICE territory.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 10:08:55 AM by No Wave Comply »
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

iknowisuck

• Rep: 2
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2021, 01:23:46 PM »
I like Bill, I think he’s a likeable and sincere dude and I would buy a board from his board company if the shapes are to my liking. Hopefully not exactly the same as FA/Hockey.

NOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T SAY THAT YOU HAVE TO SAY billiam strobeck IS A PEDOPHILE WHO DOES SATANIC RITUALS WITH SHIRTLESS ALBANIAN KIDS
Jokes on clothing < cutting off your foreskin with a chainsaw

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2021, 01:36:44 PM »
I like purple better. But hey, I'm not French.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2021, 02:00:09 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQt5g_gB0ed/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Kris Brown board has violet as the graphic, looks like the same shape as FA no surprise.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 02:13:05 PM by twic3 »

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2021, 02:54:47 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQt5g_gB0ed/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Kris Brown board has violet as the graphic, looks like the same shape as FA no surprise.

needs more shirtless supreme underwear closeups. 

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2021, 05:35:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

100% this. for me, his clips are becoming actually unwatchable due to the filming style and pretense, but some people in this thread are going way way overboard

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2021, 05:52:31 PM »
People keep saying there is too many board companies. But how many of these companies are viable options for up and coming kids? Are kids out there trying to get on Visit, Free Dome, Brain Child?