Author Topic: Dane motherfucking Brady  (Read 7062 times)

Skibb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Dane motherfucking Brady
« on: July 29, 2021, 12:22:09 PM »
If we're making this a Dane appreciation thread I gotta leave this ad:

It'll be sick to see more footy from him and Emile, easily two of my favorite modern enigmas in skating

Well, there wasn't a Dane appreesh thread, so I thought that I'd make it.

I watch this shit every time I go skating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hbKv7lQ4R0

Skibb

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Dane motherfucking Brady
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 12:24:47 PM »
"These are my curbs. This is my dog, Bruce."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQCZn9Qoy2E

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 12:28:40 PM »
Paging @mattchew for his writeup of Dane's "I Like It Here Inside My Mind..." part.

barneytarney

• Rep: 25
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 01:25:12 PM »
dane motherfucking burman

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 02:23:10 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 02:31:44 PM »
The "we blew it..." part is a thing of beauty, on my all-time list of favs.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 02:41:16 PM »
There's a shitty skatepark south of Portland that is so bad its good. You just have to pretend its not a skatepark... Its more like Sadlands or some other moonscape type spot.

Anyway, I go there on weekends to avoid crowds and skate bizarre fucked up transitions. One day, I showed up with two friends and  Dane and Nick Rios were enjoying some Heinkens and blasting big backside ollies out of a transition most people cannot even grind properly on. Needless to say Dane isn'a a people person and left shortly thereafter. Rad to see though.

EvenStevieNicks

• Rep: 30
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2021, 03:02:37 PM »
Despite having one of his sig boards right now, I hadn't seen that "Blew It" part until now. What a great part!

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 07:32:42 AM »
Current whip...

gabbesucks

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2021, 05:52:12 PM »
This thread has inspired me to pull the trigger on my first Dane1. Hyped.

Skibb

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2021, 04:41:30 AM »
I'm glad to have contributed.

gabbesucks

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2021, 08:30:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'm glad to have contributed.

+1

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2021, 06:06:06 AM »
Riding his 9.5 "minding my own business" right now and it is the best stick I've felt under my feet in years.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2021, 06:48:24 AM »
Top three current pros for sure. I’m so sick of waiting for a new part to drop.

I just snapped my last dane1 (but it was a team model) two weeks ago but this is the last deck I had with his name on it. I think it was one of the prettiest decks I think I’ve ever owned.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2021, 11:56:57 AM »
Dane’s a solid dude. Definitely a man of few words which I appreciate. Known him for a while now. I’m sure I’ve got little clips & pics somewhere, but all I could find was this old shitty photo on my Instagram from ‘13 ha.
https://www.instagram.com/p/gqq3F8Cx3K/?utm_medium=copy_link
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EvenStevieNicks

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2021, 05:43:54 PM »
This might not be strictly the best place for this question, but does anyone know much about how Dane sets up his pro model? I've seen pics with some pretty big wheels and risers...

I have mine on 149s, 1/8" Real risers and 55mm Super Juice and it's a really good combination for a cruiser. I tried small 99a wheels and no risers, but it just wasn't working for me.

Now I'd like to set another one up but with risers and a similar sized 99a square-edged wheel to the OJ for my regular curb skating. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions or insights on setups for the Dane 1?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2021, 05:58:11 PM »
This might not be strictly the best place for this question, but does anyone know much about how Dane sets up his pro model? I've seen pics with some pretty big wheels and risers...

I have mine on 149s, 1/8" Real risers and 55mm Super Juice and it's a really good combination for a cruiser. I tried small 99a wheels and no risers, but it just wasn't working for me.

Now I'd like to set another one up but with risers and a similar sized 99a square-edged wheel to the OJ for my regular curb skating. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions or insights on setups for the Dane 1?

I believe he rides Aces with risers.

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2021, 06:00:06 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSghsHusxhO/?utm_medium=copy_link

I really enjoyed skating this on curbs. Dane 1, ace 55 classic and 56mm bones fatty easy streets. No risers needed with the wheel wells although to be fair I’m light and don’t get affected by wheel bite much even though my aces are “factory” loose

Frank and Fred

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2021, 08:21:10 AM »
Saw him the other day. My wife and I were driving to get burritos. I told her to slow down. Wound down my window and said really loud, "There goes elusive pro Dane Brady. He's one of the best!" She said, "who?" I replied "exactly!"

Dane wasn't stoked.

animalflesh

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2021, 08:40:43 AM »
Keep heckling him and tell him you’ll only stop when he releases more footage

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2021, 12:57:09 PM »

i ran my 2 dane1s with 169s with bones hard 1/8" risers conical 53 f4s, worked out great for me.
the first one kind of got a decent crack around the tail so i set it up with some other older indys and 60mm hot juices with 1/2" risers. you can ride over anything with that mad max ass setup

this is also before i tried aces...and the rest is history

EvenStevieNicks

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2021, 05:14:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i ran my 2 dane1s with 169s with bones hard 1/8" risers conical 53 f4s, worked out great for me.
the first one kind of got a decent crack around the tail so i set it up with some other older indys and 60mm hot juices with 1/2" risers. you can ride over anything with that mad max ass setup

this is also before i tried aces...and the rest is history

That's wicked, thank you! Next spring I'm gonna do a Dane 1, AF1 55s and some square-edged Formula 4s in the 55/56mm range on some of those Real ply risers. I'm convinced it'll be a great combination.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2021, 09:17:55 AM »
Saw him the other day. My wife and I were driving to get burritos. I told her to slow down. Wound down my window and said really loud, "There goes elusive pro Dane Brady. He's one of the best!" She said, "who?" I replied "exactly!"

Dane wasn't stoked.
Amazing. Haha. What’s your burrito spot?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2021, 01:17:43 PM »
I did that to ben kadow once in 2015
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Frank and Fred

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2021, 02:16:41 PM »
Expand Quote

Dane wasn't stoked.
[close]
Amazing. Haha. What’s your burrito spot?

Well, that day it was a bourgeoise tempeh burrito from Laughing Planet but my all-time spot is Mixteca on SE 82nd near Division.

Crislerheaven

• Rep: -6
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2021, 11:45:41 PM »
I did that to ben kadow once in 2015
Ben seems like the type of dude to actually get a kick out of that though
As soon as Nelson hears that anything is “small and intimate” he gets paranoid he’s not invited and goes crazy to get there, so he put his mind to it and got there through someone else. It turned out to be thousands of people there so when he saw Paul he said, “Small, intimate world, isn’t it?

sexhaver2006

• Rep: -13
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2021, 11:56:01 AM »
Don't really have anything to contribute other than saying that part is my fav all time I wish he'd put something out soon

Also I've been skating in Portland for years and seen all the local pros but Dane has eluded me

anon

• Rep: 53
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2021, 01:48:23 PM »

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2021, 02:01:03 PM »