Author Topic: Daan on homophobia  (Read 65986 times)

Alan

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2532
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Daan on homophobia
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2021, 08:45:38 AM »
Homophobia isn't some sophisticated school of thought and comes in various shapes and sizes. Dumb people can be homophobic too, by posting a dumb meme for example.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2021, 08:48:09 AM »
Homophobia isn't some sophisticated school of thought and comes in various shapes and sizes. Dumb people can be homophobic too, by posting a dumb meme for example.
Yeah true, I guess what i'm getting at is that the backlash is pretty gnarly for such a stupid meme. Not sure what daan was expecting tho

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2021, 08:50:55 AM »
I feel like him and BA have to be homies right? Teammates on multiple teams, more importantly both being on Anti Hero because generally everyone on a board company all get along...Wonder what BA's reaction is.

Anyways this was a super insensitive thing of him to post. Bums me out that he would do that

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 739
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2021, 08:51:28 AM »

Dammit Alan I can't repeat a karma action within 24 hours!  :-*

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2021, 08:54:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah true, I guess what i'm getting at is that the backlash is pretty gnarly for such a stupid meme. Not sure what daan was expecting tho
Its good the reaction is gnarly so when real shit like conversion therapies, gay bashing, or laws like in Russia get enacted there’s a stronger response. It’s 2021 who cares who someone is attracted to.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2021, 08:58:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Screw you Daan....now I have a reason to just call you Euro Trash
[close]

I mean let's be fair there should be a place to be conservative or right-wing in skateboarding, I do feel like being homophobic, sexist, racist or a (harmful) conspiracy theorist should not.

Daan seems to be the latter and the 18 loves him for it.

*Also shouldn't by logic Aussies be Euro-Trash?

Now mate, don't go trashing the Aussie's for no reason.

When I say Euro Trash...generally I'm referring to pro skateboarders from the European Continent that I no longer care about...hence I don't even know what country they actually come from...I guess its like being a Eurocentric twat who doesn't know Geography very well...hence an American

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -224
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2021, 08:59:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Its good the reaction is gnarly so when real shit like conversion therapies, gay bashing, or laws like in Russia get enacted there’s a stronger response. It’s 2021 who cares who someone is attracted to.

Or one of many countries in the Middle East where homosexuality is punishable by death.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -94
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2021, 08:59:31 AM »
Number one take away from this thread is skaters don't know what propaganda actually is. Daan posted some ignorant shit and deserves the shit he's getting but there's a lot of over statements and exaggerating going on here.

It sucks there seems to be quite a few ignorant skaters with unfounded right wing views in the public eye lately but you have to recognize how poorly educated the average skater is. Better to tell them that they're wrong and why they're wrong then ostracize them immediately IMO. Give them an opportunity to learn from their mistake and have their minds changed. There's nobility, integrity, in being the bigger person.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2021, 08:59:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean let's be fair there should be a place to be conservative or right-wing in skateboarding, I do feel like being homophobic, sexist, racist or a (harmful) conspiracy theorist should not.

[close]

Now mate, don't go trashing the Aussie's for no reason.

When I say Euro Trash...generally I'm referring to pro skateboarders from the European Continent that I no longer care about...hence I don't even know what country they actually come from...I guess its like being a Eurocentric twat who doesn't know Geography very well...hence an American

You are brain dead
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2021, 09:05:46 AM »
I initially hated seeing pros on insta, posting dumb shit (Koston), but over time... it kind of just weeds out who sucks or not, as a person.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2021, 09:16:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This! I see tons of heterosexual “propaganda” everyday
[close]

Can you give me an example of this? I'm generally interested as to what people see as propaganda.

I'd also like Daan to tell me what he sees as propaganda.
[close]
Sorry it was meant to be sarcastic with the quotation marks. I’m saying what some people like Daan say is propaganda (a commercial with two dads or an ad for hiv/aids) is just everyday things you see. But because homosexuality is finally more accepted it’s seen as propaganda.

ahh my bad. yes you did do the quotation marks. im sorry.
I'm super interested in learning about propaganda and I would like to know about it from anyones perspective.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2021, 09:18:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dammit Alan I can't repeat a karma action within 24 hours!  :-*
I got your back slapper

Magnolia

• Rep: 465
  • She/They
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2021, 09:27:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That’s his opinion. He isn’t saying anything negative or bashing anyone. My gay brother is getting married this fall. Showed him the photo, he laughed and agreed. So many soft cookies here, so quick to act tough and shit talk behind their screen about someone stating their opinion. But would never say anything face to face lol
[close]

I wish your gay brother a very happy & long marriage to his wife.

I have occupied my time in this thread being sarcastic but let me give up the ghost.

Maybe you would say nothing face to face, but that's not something you know about others.

Speaking for myself: when the world sees me as 'male' but I have small breasts that lead the world to read me as 'freak' at the same time, it's either I speak up or I get assaulted. So I would not only say something face to face, but I would additionally fight my way through any ambush. Shriveled dick and all. I'm a fucking powderkeg. What you see as opinions we see as symtoms of the same disease. We're not crazy for seeing hatred for what it is, so don't try to manipulate us.

P.S. just because your brother is gay does not mean he can't be a homophobe. I hope his husband is safe and isn't subject to the same bullshit that you & him deem manly. God forbid his husband comes out as femme or wants to dress effeminately on a date. God forbid your husband has to defend him against a public attacker.
[close]

“Just because your brother is gay does not mean he cant be a homphobe”

I get the dave chappelle black white supremacist bit was hilarious, but i wouldnt take the premise of it and use it as a sincere discussion point. It would just make you look a little silly.

I fit right into the lgbwatever crowd. But i have no issue stating the really outspoken advocates can be insuffereable and sometimes completely unreasonable people driven purely by emotion. But i sure dont dislike them because of who they are.

This daan character sure does seem like a kook who will fall hook line and sinker for a catchy video sharing ‘facts’ about your freedoms. But his post alone doesnt imply anything beyond him being a bit simple and probably no fun to talk too.
[close]

this is the best explanation. it simply comes off as hes naive and yeah simple minded. calling this homophobia is a little much, but he is a dumbass for publicly putting this on his story
as a trans skater, it's easy to get emotional when I constantly have to justify my existence to dipshits. I don't want to have to be an advocate for my identity, but bigotry kinda makes it a necessity. Fuck daan and anyone defending him
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 703
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2021, 09:33:50 AM »
pretty dumb to post controversial memes on your professional socials imo. guys need to think before pressing post every 5 seconds. i admit i was one of the worst shit posters in slap history, but i dont have an image to uphold. slap shaped me into a better human. get photoshopped bich!!!

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 739
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2021, 09:34:53 AM »
“Just because your brother is gay does not mean he cant be a homphobe”

I get the dave chappelle black white supremacist bit was hilarious, but i wouldnt take the premise of it and use it as a sincere discussion point. It would just make you look a little silly.

This is bold, but you have failed to land a jab.

Your assumption that I am referencing a comedy skit is both misguided & false.

Who do you think perpetrates the murders of trans women? It's gay men - closeted or not - who both hate & fear us for being 'more out than them'. They desire us but are afraid of their desires. They hate us for not hating ourselves. We are scapegoats for the homophobia the world has forced upon them.

This is not about murders that happened in the '80s when less women were publically out & less men were publically gay. There are more of these murders than ever, today. Knowing this would require you to accept that trans & queer activists are emotionally charged with reason. Coroners clock us as men & it is as men that our families decide to mark our graves. Statistics will never defend us.

If you're not afraid of catching emotional cooties you can ask any trans person in your town why this not a joke. They will tell you the longer story. In the meantime, you cannot manipulate me because you don't view this is a problem. I do not look silly. You look heartless.

shitdick22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2021, 09:36:36 AM »
Expand Quote
i think its weird to start a thread based on one shitty insta story meme. maybe someone has already explained whats not funny about it to him. and hopefully someone explains what propaganda is too.
[close]
Tbh dumb statements about the LGBTQ community should be made into threads and called out quick. No young skater who may be gay/lesbian/trans should feel less than because their favorite pro posts something like that.

Well said. I’m sure there were plenty of kids who looked up to daan as their favorite skater only to see some shit like this. So fucking wack. Dudes kooked himself into oblivion from that alone.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 707
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2021, 09:39:51 AM »
I got two brand new in the plastic Daan pigeon decks, 8.38. I am gonna take them to the local and see if they'll trade me for something.

Or maybe I'll sell them and donate the proceeds to an appropriate charity.

shitdick22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2021, 09:41:04 AM »
Also want to note that dude directly after deleting posted a clip of him skating for damage control. Dude can get fucked. Jim T and Julien it’s your move.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2021, 09:41:21 AM »
Information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view.

So the meme he shared and quickly deleted suggests there is some kind of nefarious group within or behind the LGBTQ+ community spreading misinformation in order to what? make people queer? or using the community to push a hidden agenda. I've heard podcasts where people have the idea that this is to promote trans-humanism and eugenics. As insane as this sounds that is a thought that some people have. These people aren't necessarily homophobic but simply think the queer community had been used as a tool to promote evil. I don't want to defend Daan because I don't know him but maybe that is his thinking. Conspiracy more than hate. Especially if he is sharing anti-covid19 vaccination imagery.

For the record I do not share the views of the people I have mentioned above.

What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

Frank and Fred

« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2021, 09:53:01 AM »

When JJ dug his heels in with the All Lives Matter nonsense. I took my Neptune deck and donated it to a local org that works with homeless youth as soon as I received $500 in donations to jail relief for BLM activists. Turn a negative scenario into something positive. Now some youth is cruising around on the streets on an expensive wall hanger. No regrets. Be rad to see some Daan decks supporting some Queer/ Trans organizations.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2021, 09:57:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What backlash? People telling him he's fucking stupid, because he is? Don't post dumb shit if you don't want people to tell you you're dumb

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2021, 09:59:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

When JJ dug his heels in with the All Lives Matter nonsense. I took my Neptune deck and donated it to a local org that works with homeless youth as soon as I received $500 in donations to jail relief for BLM activists. Turn a negative scenario into something positive. Now some youth is cruising around on the streets on an expensive wall hanger. No regrets. Be rad to see some Daan decks supporting some Queer/ Trans organizations.

I saw JJ and thought Jake Johnson and my heart sank a bit, glad it's just Jason Jessee

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2021, 10:01:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

These things go hand in hand, being conservative/right-wing very quickly devolves into anti-gay/anti-minority nearly immediately

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2021, 10:01:30 AM »
I got two brand new in the plastic Daan pigeon decks, 8.38. I am gonna take them to the local and see if they'll trade me for something.

Dm your donation to an LGBTQ organization to Daan. Hell if Daan donated some of his Nike colorway royalties to an something like the Trevor project it would be a great start towards a real apology.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2021, 10:04:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This! I see tons of heterosexual “propaganda” everyday
[close]

Can you give me an example of this? I'm generally interested as to what people see as propaganda.

I'd also like Daan to tell me what he sees as propaganda.
[close]
Sorry it was meant to be sarcastic with the quotation marks. I’m saying what some people like Daan say is propaganda (a commercial with two dads or an ad for hiv/aids) is just everyday things you see. But because homosexuality is finally more accepted it’s seen as propaganda.
[close]

ahh my bad. yes you did do the quotation marks. im sorry.
I'm super interested in learning about propaganda and I would like to know about it from anyones perspective.
Propaganda is difficult to define because it’s a sort of relative thing- advertising is propaganda because it, propagates a message “buy this thing!” and that’s where the term came from.

But usually people use it mean heavy-handed and emotionally manipulative promotion of an idea by a source that is trying to hide its true aim.

Saying “you should be happy about being gay” is only propaganda if you believe there’s something bad about being gay and that the people saying this don’t actually believe it and in truth want to eat your babies. Or something. I don’t think people fully appreciate how much weird shit right-wingers believe.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2021, 10:06:44 AM »
This is bold, but you have failed to land a jab.

Your assumption that I am referencing a comedy skit is both misguided & false.

Who do you think perpetrates the murders of trans women? It's gay men - closeted or not - who both hate & fear us for being 'more out than them'. They desire us but are afraid of their desires. They hate us for not hating ourselves. We are scapegoats for the homophobia the world has forced upon them.

This is not about murders that happened in the '80s when less women were publically out & less men were publically gay. There are more of these murders than ever, today. Knowing this would require you to accept that trans & queer activists are emotionally charged with reason. Coroners clock us as men & it is as men that our families decide to mark our graves. Statistics will never defend us.

If you're not afraid of catching emotional cooties you can ask any trans person in your town why this not a joke. They will tell you the longer story. In the meantime, you cannot manipulate me because you don't view this is a problem. I do not look silly. You look heartless.

Daan, is that you? With homophobic remarks demonizing gay men and claiming they are out to murder trans?

I love discussions like this. So many contradictions to be had while searching for the truth.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2532
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2021, 10:06:50 AM »
Information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view.

So the meme he shared and quickly deleted suggests there is some kind of nefarious group within or behind the LGBTQ+ community spreading misinformation in order to what? make people queer? or using the community to push a hidden agenda. I've heard podcasts where people have the idea that this is to promote trans-humanism and eugenics. As insane as this sounds that is a thought that some people have. These people aren't necessarily homophobic but simply think the queer community had been used as a tool to promote evil. I don't want to defend Daan because I don't know him but maybe that is his thinking. Conspiracy more than hate. Especially if he is sharing anti-covid19 vaccination imagery.

Regardless of what Daan was or wasn't thinking about when he posted that meme, it's still homophobic. And these people you mention are too, despite what they claim.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2021, 10:08:59 AM »

For the record I do not share the views of the people I have mentioned above.

What does it matter if it's conspiratorial instead of hate if the outcome is still discrimination, prejudice and violence against LGBTQ people?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2021, 10:22:09 AM »
this thread is goin’ places

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2021, 10:28:11 AM »
I was already no longer a Daan fan after he posted a bunch of dorky Elon Musk Dogecoin memes to his story a few months ago. It sucks to see that he has doubled down on being an annoying shithead.