Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 134228 times)

goodatmeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #1410 on: July 12, 2022, 01:52:39 AM »
Still waiting for the lurpiv low hollow.
Just a few more weeks, they're gonna figure everything out for sure.

No for real I still want lurpiv to succeed even though I didn't buy them. Any new information, is it over?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1411 on: July 12, 2022, 04:21:59 AM »
Still waiting for the lurpiv low hollow.
Just a few more weeks, they're gonna figure everything out for sure.

No for real I still want lurpiv to succeed even though I didn't buy them. Any new information, is it over?

Nothing since that sort of joke video oski posted about how starting a business is hard or whatever…

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1412 on: July 12, 2022, 04:27:56 AM »

I would like to try lurpiv. My expectations are they are like these but aluminum and impossible to fail at manual tricks.

I would also like to see how the truck handles sub zero weather. I luv my ventures but they definitely don’t turn in sub zero temperatures. I know it sounds backwards but I skate way way more in the winter.

I definitely need a truck that never ever will get wheel bite.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

vicious cycle

• Rep: 165
« Reply #1413 on: July 12, 2022, 04:52:01 AM »
So uh, anybody know what to replace the missing nubs, other than my tears that is.
Depents on what you mean with nubs.
But if you lost that lill screw that they thought would keep the kingpin thight, your local hardware store could maybe help.
Also depends on the threads. I guess it's a metric one because,made in Sweden .
So basically just find a lill screw that fits and use some loctite.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Eatwhale

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1414 on: July 23, 2022, 08:41:59 AM »
So uh, anybody know what to replace the missing nubs, other than my tears that is.

This happened to me back when they were still responding to email. Lurpiv sent me new ones, but I also bought some at the hardware store.

Here’s what they told me:
“Screws are  ¼” 28UNF Hex 5/16

Lurpiv sales”

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1415 on: July 23, 2022, 09:08:52 AM »
They don’t respond to emails? Damn. I don’t have social media, is Lurpiv completely done now?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

DERBY

• Rep: 249
« Reply #1416 on: August 18, 2022, 03:44:35 PM »

wonder how long ago these were taken

IpathCats

« Reply #1417 on: August 30, 2022, 12:51:12 PM »

wonder how long ago these were taken

Interesting, In that contest/jam thing oski was a part of recently, it looked like he was on indys

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1418 on: August 30, 2022, 04:54:01 PM »

Interesting, In that contest/jam thing oski was a part of recently, it looked like he was on indys

Kind of funny how many pro skaters who had been paid to ride certain trucks end up back riding Indy if their existing spono deal is done, but more so for those guys who ride a taller and maybe looser setup too.

Maybe sour grapes with Ace, otherwise that would be the easiest option.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

IpathCats

« Reply #1419 on: August 31, 2022, 12:03:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Kind of funny how many pro skaters who had been paid to ride certain trucks end up back riding Indy if their existing spono deal is done, but more so for those guys who ride a taller and maybe looser setup too.

Yea, had me wondering why he didnt go back to ace. To be fair though, lurpivs were closer to indy's than ace's so it could just be a preference thing.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1420 on: August 31, 2022, 03:46:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I used this logic of "pros choose to ride Indy" to gaslight myself for a long time, but in many places its super easy to get permaflow from a rep. Indy has great euro distribution and I know a few of the American managers and TM will basically give a few sets of trucks to any pro that will ask. If a retired pro is going through 2 pairs a year it's basically nothing out of their budget.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 163
« Reply #1421 on: August 31, 2022, 03:57:28 PM »
Can’t believe Lurpiv didn’t even last a year, that’s wild

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1422 on: August 31, 2022, 04:12:14 PM »
Hate to think of the money he tanked on this. Ain’t cheap. RIP Slurp Perv

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #1423 on: August 31, 2022, 04:40:33 PM »
I thought they were coming back ?

With new manufacturing and distribution?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #1424 on: September 01, 2022, 03:53:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I used this logic of "pros choose to ride Indy" to gaslight myself for a long time, but in many places its super easy to get permaflow from a rep. Indy has great euro distribution and I know a few of the American managers and TM will basically give a few sets of trucks to any pro that will ask. If a retired pro is going through 2 pairs a year it's basically nothing out of their budget.

Yes definitely.

They still have a policy of getting their product out to well known dudes if they don't ask for too much and are not being dicks about it.

Free advertising and all that.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

IpathCats

« Reply #1425 on: September 01, 2022, 05:30:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes definitely.

They still have a policy of getting their product out to well known dudes if they don't ask for too much and are not being dicks about it.

Free advertising and all that.

Makes sense. Man, i wish i had JUST enough clout to get my gear for free lol

DERBY

« Reply #1426 on: October 05, 2022, 01:47:23 PM »
anyone still skating these?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1427 on: October 05, 2022, 02:34:53 PM »

One local guy, he really likes them. Rode them around a bit, feel great but too high for me

DERBY

« Reply #1428 on: October 05, 2022, 06:04:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

One local guy, he really likes them. Rode them around a bit, feel great but too high for me

what’re ur go to trucks?

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1429 on: October 05, 2022, 06:15:56 PM »

Yup! Love them!

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1430 on: October 05, 2022, 06:47:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

what’re ur go to trucks?

Forged thunder 148/149, or ace af1 lows with thin risers to also make them 51mm high

beecee

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1431 on: October 07, 2022, 11:45:42 AM »
via the link on the first page it says they've filed for bankruptcy back in June

Status
Registered
Remark
Bankruptcy initiated 2022-06-03
Liquidation decided 2022-05-16

Company registered
2020-12-10

IpathCats

« Reply #1432 on: October 07, 2022, 12:09:39 PM »
via the link on the first page it says they've filed for bankruptcy back in June

Status
Registered
Remark
Bankruptcy initiated 2022-06-03
Liquidation decided 2022-05-16

Company registered
2020-12-10

damn, kind of a bummer. wish more came from this. but at the same time, it was pretty poorly executed so that's just kinda what happens.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #1433 on: October 07, 2022, 12:15:17 PM »
Sucks there was no way to just kind of walk it back and do standard kingpin and axle for a while while they figured out the problems with their improvements.
Wonder how many of those little trucks they made. Maybe they could of become a specific freestyle and mini deck brand for a while. Freestylers would of prob been psyched a company thought of them plus they tend to ride pretty big wheels I think and maybe a higher truck is better for primos and pogos or whatever.

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #1434 on: October 07, 2022, 12:34:37 PM »
these trucks suck just buy indy or ace

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #1435 on: October 07, 2022, 12:50:17 PM »
Sucks there was no way to just kind of walk it back and do standard kingpin and axle for a while while they figured out the problems with their improvements.
Wonder how many of those little trucks they made. Maybe they could of become a specific freestyle and mini deck brand for a while. Freestylers would of prob been psyched a company thought of them plus they tend to ride pretty big wheels I think and maybe a higher truck is better for primos and pogos or whatever.

still available on tactics to make all of your freestyle dreams come true

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #1436 on: October 07, 2022, 03:53:29 PM »
  Did that last 25 years and recently switched back to Venture.  So stoked.  More street/trick oriented and more fun (for me) although they aren't perfect.  Willing to try Thunders for a go even tho they feel kinda dead on other peoples boards compared to Venture.  Ventures are funkier.  Want to try Tensors too.
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #1437 on: October 07, 2022, 04:15:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  Did that last 25 years and recently switched back to Venture.  So stoked.  More street/trick oriented and more fun (for me) although they aren't perfect.  Willing to try Thunders for a go even tho they feel kinda dead on other peoples boards compared to Venture.  Ventures are funkier.  Want to try Tensors too.

Tensor His turn well. Tensor Los turn kinda shitty but IMO why ride low trucks if you don't like tight trucks? Try the Maglights out they're pretty good, especially if you like grinding concrete as opposed to metal coping. There have been a lot of reports of axles bending on the maglights though, but I've never personally done that.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #1438 on: October 07, 2022, 04:42:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Tensor His turn well. Tensor Los turn kinda shitty but IMO why ride low trucks if you don't like tight trucks? Try the Maglights out they're pretty good, especially if you like grinding concrete as opposed to metal coping. There have been a lot of reports of axles bending on the maglights though, but I've never personally done that.
  Yah I'm stoked.  I have the alloy 8 and a quarters (not low) and am waiting to size down in deck size to try them.  I wish flight did a 8.5 with 14.5 wb.   It goes from 15 down to 14.38.
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1439 on: October 09, 2022, 11:29:42 AM »
My local still has 139s, 144s and 149s. I feel partially responsible as I asked them to get some on Instagram when they came out. I hope this isn’t too much of a loss for them. Maybe I could get a set just to support. Loctite the kingpin nut so it won’t come off and put these on a cruiser or something.