Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 133695 times)

IpathCats

Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #630 on: November 22, 2021, 09:35:42 PM »
how do these mall grab lol

Mallgrab is op on these.

CaptainCheeks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #631 on: November 24, 2021, 11:32:15 AM »
Anybody else have their package stuck in Koeln Germany

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #632 on: November 24, 2021, 12:27:16 PM »
Nerd shit. Was always planning on setting up a christmas complete with a big John deck I had on ice and set of NFG crust wheels, so the arrival of the lurps synched up nicely.

Deck is an 8.5 Hockey with bang-on 14.25" WB. Control was a set of Ace Classic 44's.

Deck:

Ace 44, +2.75" as expected

Lurpiv 8.5," weight, 365g on one truck, 367g on the other. Scale is fairly cheap, so I'd say the listed weight of 354g is I'm assuming sans axle nuts.

WB, I'm getting 17 3/16" per side, perhaps a little under. So +2.875"-2.9375." Which is pretty much the exact same measurement I get on my Stage 8 Indys.

Bonus points for smelling like the tool locker in a machine shop,

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #633 on: November 24, 2021, 12:30:26 PM »
That's a sexy setup
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #634 on: November 24, 2021, 12:31:34 PM »
Nerd shit. Was always planning on setting up a christmas complete with a big John deck I had on ice and set of NFG crust wheels, so the arrival of the lurps synched up nicely.

Deck is an 8.5 Hockey with bang-on 14.25" WB. Control was a set of Ace Classic 44's.

Deck:

Ace 44, +2.75" as expected

Lurpiv 8.5," weight, 365g on one truck, 367g on the other. Scale is fairly cheap, so I'd say the listed weight of 354g is I'm assuming sans axle nuts.

WB, I'm getting 17 3/16" per side, perhaps a little under. So +2.875"-2.9375." Which is pretty much the exact same measurement I get on my Stage 8 Indys.

Bonus points for smelling like the tool locker in a machine shop,

I don't even care about these, but you need to be commended for your contributions to the wealth of truck and wheelbase info on this board. A+

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #635 on: November 24, 2021, 12:35:20 PM »
Gorgeous set up. Looks like a tech deck in the best way possible. My Lurps are coming this friday and I plan to put a christmas complete together as well.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #636 on: November 24, 2021, 12:57:27 PM »

yeah mine have been there for a few days. I wouldnt expect those expected delivery dates to be all that accurate on these

IpathCats

« Reply #637 on: November 24, 2021, 02:33:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah mine have been there for a few days. I wouldnt expect those expected delivery dates to be all that accurate on these

Mine sat there for a bit, and then suddenly arrived the next day on the east coast. Really starting to dig these now that Im getting used to the height. One is squeaking like crazy, and the other is silent which is kinda triggering me. But they ride great, I have never felt this level of stability and maneuverability at the same time on any other truck. Very confidence inspiring.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #638 on: November 24, 2021, 04:39:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Mine sat there for a bit, and then suddenly arrived the next day on the east coast. Really starting to dig these now that Im getting used to the height. One is squeaking like crazy, and the other is silent which is kinda triggering me. But they ride great, I have never felt this level of stability and maneuverability at the same time on any other truck. Very confidence inspiring.

I’m still waiting for mine to show up in Philly.  I’ve gotten a couple UPS updates saying the package would be delivered but the date keeps getting pushed back.  Looks like the latest one says this Friday.  I caved and bought a Polar 1991 Jr to skate these on. 

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #639 on: November 24, 2021, 05:19:45 PM »
Always happy to help. Also, to the posters above, mine sat in Cologne for about 6 days, then made it to Canada in about 36 hours. So it seems once it's out of Germany then the delivery isn't too bad.

Haven't been able to give them much of a go as the weather is shit here, but a little flat ground sesh and they felt fine. I can echo what other people have said, they feel really stable on center but they turn deep. My last setup was running Indy standards so there was no feeling of having to adjust on anything, pop felt good, nothing stuck out. Setup feels lighter now, which I like but I know other people might have an issue with. Hoping to get to the curbs tomorrow and see how they do.

white guy in a durag

« Reply #640 on: November 25, 2021, 04:17:18 AM »

LET'S FUCKIN GOOOOOO

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #641 on: November 25, 2021, 04:19:38 AM »
I want to hear more about the turn, compared to Ace and Indy from a few more people, please
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #642 on: November 25, 2021, 05:27:16 AM »

LET'S FUCKIN GOOOOOO

What size wheels are you running?  They’re looking spicy

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #643 on: November 25, 2021, 05:43:12 AM »
I want to hear more about the turn, compared to Ace and Indy from a few more people, please

Same!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

white guy in a durag

« Reply #644 on: November 25, 2021, 05:47:00 AM »
Expand Quote

LET'S FUCKIN GOOOOOO
[close]

What size wheels are you running?  They’re looking spicy
58mm. They're the Shin mini combos to be specific.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #645 on: November 25, 2021, 07:20:37 AM »

same
and how they grind

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #646 on: November 25, 2021, 07:20:55 AM »
Same. Also do y’all put together brand new completes each time you get new trucks or what?  :o
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #647 on: November 25, 2021, 07:46:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Same. Also do y’all put together brand new completes each time you get new trucks or what?  :o
If i need new trucks I usually time it with a new deck. I do this mainly because of my ocd over not seeing the imprint of the previous baseplate with my new trucks on. New everything is wild tho.

white guy in a durag

« Reply #648 on: November 25, 2021, 09:04:58 AM »
Put in a 1 hour night mission on them, mostly just seeing how they turn and doing a couple little ride on grinds. Here are my first impressions:

Turn is great! They have a bit more of a center point than ace, but once you pass that they turn the same. The extra height they have over aces actually lets them turn deeper. I was at one point, just standing in the pockets on my tip toes and didn't get pitched.

Grind feels somewhere between an ace and venture. They have the same, high pitched, crackle as ventures, but I felt that I was able to push them a bit more than ventures.

Here's a little reference video of the turn. Angle doesn't do a good job showing off how tight I was able to get it, but I would estimate it was probably about a 50" ish inch diameter circle and it was very comfortable to do, and no wheel bite.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/526625815794941952/913474385183125524/20211125_171447_001.mp4

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #649 on: November 25, 2021, 09:09:03 AM »
First new complete since covid hit, I probably would have put one together if I picked up AF-1's when they first dropped though, but I passed. Probably something in my head about giving brand-new trucks a fair shake.

About the turn. I don't wanna put a definite on it yet, I wanna give them a week to break in and see where they settle, but I'll say they turn deeper and quicker than current Indy's, a tighter arc, I'd say in the Ace zipcode. On center they feel awesome, like they want to be there, very comparable to Indy. I haven't skated AF1's but I remember people saying similar sorts of things about the turn/feel so I'd be interested to hear from people who've stood on both.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #650 on: November 25, 2021, 09:43:01 AM »
First new complete since covid hit, I probably would have put one together if I picked up AF-1's when they first dropped though, but I passed. Probably something in my head about giving brand-new trucks a fair shake.

About the turn. I don't wanna put a definite on it yet, I wanna give them a week to break in and see where they settle, but I'll say they turn deeper and quicker than current Indy's, a tighter arc, I'd say in the Ace zipcode. On center they feel awesome, like they want to be there, very comparable to Indy. I haven't skated AF1's but I remember people saying similar sorts of things about the turn/feel so I'd be interested to hear from people who've stood on both.

I like ventures, you used to skate ventures, correct? How’s the pop on these? Most trucks, can be made thru modifications or break in time, to turn enough for me, so pop is my deciding factor 

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #651 on: November 25, 2021, 10:19:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I like ventures, you used to skate ventures, correct? How’s the pop on these? Most trucks, can be made thru modifications or break in time, to turn enough for me, so pop is my deciding factor

I think I did all of 2018 on Ventures before settling back into the Indy/Ace camp, pure traitor I know. The pop was the reason I went back to the Indy/Ace style, my back foot's always in the pocket, on Ventures it was a fight because those trucks sorta demand a "tip of the tail" foot. These are definitely a lighter pop feel, smaller wb, lighter weight. Having just got off Indy Standard 149's, no adjustment needed, and nothing felt off, no ghost popping, just lighter. They're about the same weight as forged-hollows, but they feel nothing like those. First impression, they're a lighter Indy, they pop like an Indy, and they turn as deep as Ace. Now I wanna see how they hold up and see what the bushings/pivots do after a couple weeks.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #652 on: November 25, 2021, 10:35:34 AM »
My friend and I who've both been skating ventures for a few years just ordered a set each. Excited for that good turn but nervous about losing all our tricks lol

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #653 on: November 25, 2021, 10:46:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think I did all of 2018 on Ventures before settling back into the Indy/Ace camp, pure traitor I know. The pop was the reason I went back to the Indy/Ace style, my back foot's always in the pocket, on Ventures it was a fight because those trucks sorta demand a "tip of the tail" foot. These are definitely a lighter pop feel, smaller wb, lighter weight. Having just got off Indy Standard 149's, no adjustment needed, and nothing felt off, no ghost popping, just lighter. They're about the same weight as forged-hollows, but they feel nothing like those. First impression, they're a lighter Indy, they pop like an Indy, and they turn as deep as Ace. Now I wanna see how they hold up and see what the bushings/pivots do after a couple weeks.

I appreciate your response. Well written.
Ventures require a good amount of fussing, with the wb numbers, as they seem to make a setup ‘ride bigger’ imo. You are spot on with the ‘tip of the tail’ vs pocket comment.
I may have better results skating 139s, than almost any other truck, but I just…always look for a reason to not them. Ventures normally serve me well, but I don’t skate the 5.2 and up hi’s all that great, which leaves me wanting a setup with larger wheels, often. Ace…I need monster truck wheels and the perfect board otherwise the pop, for me, is trash.
The look of these trucks, coupled with your analysis, makes me want to try the 139s.
Thanks again, and as Macho mentioned, thanks for the detailed info you have provided.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #654 on: November 25, 2021, 10:55:58 AM »
The 8.5 dlx shape thats about 31.8 and 14.25 wheelbase is my current go-to with ventures, though can go bigger too. Any idea what kinda board would work well with these if that is my current preference? I'm thinking probably the normal 8.5 bbs shape thats a tad over 32 and 14.5 wheelbase but not sure.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #655 on: November 25, 2021, 01:00:30 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWtdX9QDlt6/?utm_medium=copy_link

Inside look of what the trucks look like past the separate axles. Also if it burns out a drill bit I’d guess they’ll hold up pretty well in the long run

Earlier in the thread I mentioned the sheer strength of the alloy used for the axles and kingpin. There’s something I didn’t think of that related more to us than sheer strength; yield strength, aka bent axles. That is lower than the 160k/psi it would take to sheer the trucks, but it averages out to about 130k/psi at 8mm(standard axle size)

Also mine have been stuck in Cologne for 10 days now as well lol
fuck you bama

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #656 on: November 25, 2021, 01:53:31 PM »
Here's my layperson's review from a first session in an indoor park which has many qps, flat areas and some boxes. Setup before: 8.38 Primitive 14.25x32, Indy 149 Titanium Forged (0.5 thread showing), 53 Conical Full. Only swapped the Indys for Lurpivs. The first thing I noticed was that the Lurpivs came very loose stock, the hanger was almost flopping around, you could move it with one finger. I didn't want to ruin the fun and crank them, so I tightened them maybe a turn or so until the hanger stopped dangling (difficult to tell how exactly with the reverse kingpin).

The 53.5mm Forged Indys are quite shallow and go into wheelbite before you get a nice carve out of them even with relatively small wheels. Lurpivs have a very deep and natural feeling turn in comparison. You can shoot out of a qp, do a quick 180 degree turn on top and go back in, just like the guy here that posted a video did on flat. Yes, you can wheelbite them easily even with 53mm wheels. There is no built-in resistance or metal touching before the wheelbite or anything silly like that. If you're heavy heeled or toed - straight to wheelbite. I found no faults with the pop at all. I magically made it out of some tricks like switch flip and nollie flip, which had been elusive for me for like 6 months. You wouldn't expect a higher looser truck to help one's flat game, but it did. There were some disgusting rocketed kickflips though, but there were also great ones, so it was a matter of technique. The approach to grinds felt twitchy sometimes, but stuff seemed to work out even better than with Indys somehow (my theory is that the looseness allowed more room for error when balancing on top of a grind). But I did feel like I lost some precision and stability compared to Indys. Approaching stuff in general felt more chaotic and eventful than with Indy, especially at high speeds. Going fakie and switch felt pretty crazy. I ran Ace 44 and Indy 149 Standard setups together at a time. With Aces I could sometimes make it out stuff that was beyond my skill level, whereas with Indys I couldn't, but I felt more in control. Anyone know that feeling? That's how I felt today.

So to sum it up these are a different beast than Indy Forged or Standard trucks even at a similar looseness level. They just behave differently. I do feel like I should tighten the Lurpivs up more, but where's the fun in that? I probably will though :P. Right now Indys feel more like a competition truck to me, but these are more fun and you can make them do more. They look cooler and they have an infinitely better build quality than any other skateboard truck. I'm sure they rock in bowls and pools too. I hope other manufacturers feel threatened by the quality and the aesthetic and also start putting better alloys in their products.  I would recommend them to someone that is already quite experienced and wants to spice it up.  I wouldn't recommend them to Team China for Paris 2024. I'm looking forward to riding them more.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 03:47:19 PM by mbam003 »

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #657 on: November 25, 2021, 02:42:13 PM »
Here's my layperson's review from a first session in an indoor park which has many qps, flat areas and some boxes. Setup before: 8.38 Primitive 14.25x32, Indy 149 Titanium Forged (0.5 thread showing), 53 Conical Full. Only swapped the Indys for Lurpivs. The first thing I noticed was that the Lurpivs came very loose stock, the hanger was almost flopping around, you could move it with one finger. I didn't want to ruin the fun and crank them, so I tightened them maybe a turn or so until the hanger stopped dangling (difficult to tell how exactly with the reverse kingpin).

The 53.5mm Forged Indys are quite shallow and go into wheelbite before you get a nice carve out of them even with relatively small wheels. Lurpivs have a very deep turn in comparison. You can shoot out of a qp, do a quick 180 degree turn on top and go back in, just like the guy here that posted a video did on flat. Yes, you can wheelbite them easily even with 53mm wheels. There is no built-in resistance or metal touching before the wheelbite or anything silly like that. If you're heavy heeled or toed - straight to wheelbite.

I felt like I lost some precision and stability compared to Indys, but the turn was much better and more natural feeling. I found no faults with the pop at all. I magically made it out of some tricks like switch flip and nollie flip, which had been elusive for me for like 6 months. You wouldn't expect a higher looser truck to help one's flat game, but it did. There were some disgusting rocketed kickflips though, but there were also great ones, so it was a matter of technique. Same with grinds, the approach felt twitchy sometimes, but also stable at the same time and kinda better than Indy at times.  I ran Ace 44 and Indy 149 Standard setups together at a time. With Aces I could make it out stuff that was beyond my skill level sometimes, whereas with Indys I couldn't, but I felt more in control. Anyone know that feeling? That's how I felt today.

So to sum it up these are a different beast than Indy. I feel like I should tighten them up more, but where's the fun in that? I probably will though :P. Right now Indys feel more like a competition truck to me, but these are more fun and look much cooler and have an infinitely better build quality. I'm sure these rock in bowls and pools too. I hope other manufacturers feel threatened by the quality and the aesthetic and also start putting better alloys in their products.  I would recommend them to someone that is already quite experienced and wants to spice it up.  I'm looking forward to riding them more.

Nice. If you end up tightening them up report back. I'd like to know if the stable center feeling me and few others reported is entirely dependent on tightness. For the record mine came solidly medium, one was a bit looser so I threw it up front and haven't touched the pins since.

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #658 on: November 25, 2021, 02:48:43 PM »
Expand Quote

The 53.5mm Forged Indys are quite shallow and go into wheelbite before you get a nice carve out of them even with relatively small wheels. Lurpivs have a very deep turn in comparison. You can shoot out of a qp, do a quick 180 degree turn on top and go back in, just like the guy here that posted a video did on flat. Yes, you can wheelbite them easily even with 53mm wheels. There is no built-in resistance or metal touching before the wheelbite or anything silly like that. If you're heavy heeled or toed - straight to wheelbite.

I felt like I lost some precision and stability compared to Indys, but the turn was much better and more natural feeling. I found no faults with the pop at all. I magically made it out of some tricks like switch flip and nollie flip, which had been elusive for me for like 6 months. You wouldn't expect a higher looser truck to help one's flat game, but it did. There were some disgusting rocketed kickflips though, but there were also great ones, so it was a matter of technique. Same with grinds, the approach felt twitchy sometimes, but also stable at the same time and kinda better than Indy at times.  I ran Ace 44 and Indy 149 Standard setups together at a time. With Aces I could make it out stuff that was beyond my skill level sometimes, whereas with Indys I couldn't, but I felt more in control. Anyone know that feeling? That's how I felt today.

So to sum it up these are a different beast than Indy. I feel like I should tighten them up more, but where's the fun in that? I probably will though :P. Right now Indys feel more like a competition truck to me, but these are more fun and look much cooler and have an infinitely better build quality. I'm sure these rock in bowls and pools too. I hope other manufacturers feel threatened by the quality and the aesthetic and also start putting better alloys in their products.  I would recommend them to someone that is already quite experienced and wants to spice it up.  I'm looking forward to riding them more.
[close]

Nice. If you end up tightening them up report back. I'd like to know if the stable center feeling me and few others reported is entirely dependent on tightness. For the record mine came solidly medium, one was a bit looser so I threw it up front and haven't touched the pins since.

Will let you know. For reference, I find the stock Ace 44 Classic tightness to be reasonable (even when broken in). I hate Standard Indys stock, but I really like them when the nut is flush with the kingpin. The Forged ones need a little bit of extra tightness because of the lower height. Those are my preferences. And I still found the Lurpivs to be very loose both out of the box and after some tightening. What sucks is we really can't spy the optimal tightness from videos either with the reverse kingpin. And it's not like anyone remembers exactly how much they tightened the things. The "acceptable" tightness of these will be all subjective.

IpathCats

« Reply #659 on: November 25, 2021, 03:27:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I rode my indys flush with hard bushings, I like these med-med/tight. All the stability but they still have a deep turn after tightening. I weigh about 160-170