Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 134188 times)

Wizard Fight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #810 on: December 13, 2021, 01:19:39 PM »
I've been reading this thread and the aces thread, and y'all's attention to detail and finnicky insanity has made it impossible for me to feel confident about buying any new truck lol. Respect though

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #811 on: December 13, 2021, 06:21:26 PM »

Free international shipping if you add a t-shirt with the trucks
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #812 on: December 13, 2021, 07:07:38 PM »
I've been reading this thread and the aces thread, and y'all's attention to detail and finnicky insanity has made it impossible for me to feel confident about buying any new truck lol. Respect though

I wouldn't bite knowing I'm running a chance of getting axle nuts with fucked nylon (that's dangerous) and having to wait for a new set...better start shipping them with the trucks at this point.

I could give two fucks about casting out of the box tho.

superleftswipebby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #813 on: December 14, 2021, 08:28:09 AM »
just received my package yesterday. i received the wrong truck size and am missing another item. i’m pretty disappointed for the amount i paid. i paid import fees for both items even tho one was missing

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #814 on: December 14, 2021, 09:15:05 AM »
just received my package yesterday. i received the wrong truck size and am missing another item. i’m pretty disappointed for the amount i paid. i paid import fees for both items even tho one was missing

Mistakes happen  :(
Reach out to them on Instagram! They are super present there and answer quickly.
I’m pretty sure they will fix that for you, no charges.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

laterskater

• Rep: 3
« Reply #815 on: December 14, 2021, 04:10:46 PM »
Have any of you guys tried different bushings or washers? It seems that the kingpin is slightly larger in diameter than a standard kingpin. I’m assuming its size is metric.

I tried putting sleeved washers on the bushings (the kind linked below) and they did not fit over the kingpin. Also couldn’t get a Bones flat washer to fit. It’s not a big deal because I love how they ride. Just curious if anyone else had tried.

Side note: the turning is unlike any truck I have experienced. It can be extremely deep and loose feeling, but somehow still stable as others have mentioned. I even did a few test runs without washers and I had never felt a truck turn so deep while barely getting any wheel bite (using Kader 57s). The truck is pretty remarkable if you like loose trucks. Coming from Aces, the height was definitely noticeable but only took a couple sessions to fully adjust.

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/products/63821/array-machined-barrel-sleeved-washers-combo-pack-four-pack

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
« Reply #816 on: December 14, 2021, 04:46:11 PM »

Free international shipping if you add a t-shirt with the trucks

hmmm...very tempting..

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #817 on: December 15, 2021, 03:48:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mistakes happen  :(
Reach out to them on Instagram! They are super present there and answer quickly.
I’m pretty sure they will fix that for you, no charges.

i emailed them and they got back pretty quick. they got everything settled asap. awesome service

IpathCats

« Reply #818 on: December 16, 2021, 07:18:28 AM »
Anyone else having pivot cup issues? One of my trucks fits firmly in the pivot cup, the other is loose, both trucks are roughly the same tightness

kenjiro

« Reply #819 on: December 17, 2021, 08:35:25 PM »
Rode my friends set up with lurpivs. First thing i noticed right away. Wow the grind feels nice.

fartface

• Rep: 8
« Reply #820 on: December 18, 2021, 03:58:09 AM »
Anyone else having pivot cup issues? One of my trucks fits firmly in the pivot cup, the other is loose, both trucks are roughly the same tightness
Yes same here. I havent gotten around to switching out the pivot cups.
But that should fix it.
"Childhood diabetes on lock"

IpathCats

« Reply #821 on: December 18, 2021, 04:36:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes same here. I havent gotten around to switching out the pivot cups.
But that should fix it.

Riptide isn't making replacements yet. Not sure if regular ass ones will fit

Getgreens

• Rep: 0
  • Big hangers
« Reply #822 on: December 19, 2021, 07:27:19 PM »
Tbh from what ive seen theyre handling their QC issues accordingly
IKP trucks inhernetly loosen when you constantly tune them bc youre putting toque on the inner/baseplate locking nut constantly. Idk if people are messing with different bushings etc and washers but i know i would and that would lead to loosening it for sure.

From what ive seen skate wise right down to the tapered hanger/axle area. These seem to boast beefier hangers than whats "out there" IMO in regards to Titanium/price point trucks.

Bent axles are a byproduct of all terrain skating or adding impact to your skate diet. If you add pool coping/grooved trucks and slappys to the equation it seems almost impossible to justify any 80+$ titanium option.

If im skating just flat/pyramid/ledges and mostly metal coping thunders are some of the best trucks ive had for metal to metal grinds I may get better lock/pinch on crooks and smiths/feebles with ventures/indy but the level of speed i grind with thunder has its own "worth price of admission" experience. As all 3 trucks offer their own turning. havent skated aces...also i ride 8.75 axle these days which ace doesnt make. In the past ive ridden 149 thunder malto titaniums that i got on massive discount pretty much as much as standards. I mean if you got the $$$ i can really understand the methodology of these trucks with the weight of the GEN III thunder forged titaniums. As i got older and more injured a truck like that being so light made 8.38 feel like 8" and flip tricks super easy on flat/transition....just the board felt like a toy with any air or airs. And equally dead to ride in transition when trying to pump/generate speed such a lack of board feel/surface feel. Compared to 101a wheels on 6.1 or 159 standards. I like stage 9/X standard height similar to venture highs.

But if youre telling me i can get a titanium truck that grinds like indys on concrete if not better, and grinds like thunder metal to metal, with a hanger life that will be essentially double of the venture titaniums. Id be largely interested IKP issues/dialing in aside. I love the way ventures feel to skate and its encouraging to try 6.1s on 8.8-9.25 shaped boards...the idea of adding a titanium truck with forged baseplate to that equation for massive ollies etc bs airs, seems nice then i remember how easy it is to grind through venture hangers. IMO making titanium ventures/thunders more ideal for those competition skaters or tech/ledge skaters whos parts are primarily park based etc. IDK how people could grind through a chunk of hanger and expect to ride some of these hollows or even titanium trucks on a trip and expect them to not break/bend. Its why most pros run standards on all the brands they ride. Then again if you want a groove asap on fresh trucks ventures can grind away. But these lurpivs look to be some good grinding trucks, if i can lock into a smith like an indy or etc but fly like its a thunder....i mean it could really be that worth it to me at least. I dont skate impact so i have no worries about axle damage.

IKP is more an aspect of practicality...i like to use the "were not pros" logic...pros set up boards as OFTEN as they do....they can ideally tune up their indy mids or other ikp trucks per board set up....they have access to the bottom of their baseplate/s that often compared to people like us plebs that run our main setup and a few in the quiver which rarely get changed/modified or etc. I feel the same way about bones bushings being 10$ and how often meds need to be replaced. Its all nice if youre sponsored and have all the replacement parts on hand. Bones bushings and IKP being loose or not and how often you have to check the inner nut if its moving... or mark your top/cap nut with your yoke/hanger to see if theres "migration. I went back to venture/6.1s bc i wanted to make sure i didnt overlook them, before getting ace 44s. I can already tell these ventures wont last on concrete/slappys and its going to be hard to get a real groove if i keep doing slappys bc theyll just be wavy all over.

The main negative from these lurpivs i can see is if theyre truly "more durable" forming an ideal groove will become a major mission. Usually you just have a local spot/park/pool with a concrete ledge to do repeated grinds on. makes me wonder how many grinds and pin adjusments etc...i mean unless theyre truly GREAT to skate and i put them on a main setup....it takes a while to get grooves on the quiver/shelf.

Titanium trucks on a main setup to me just means id crack a hanger on indys or thunders if i was using them for everything. Thats like years of use/crooks and grinds/hubbas. But still in that case i could buy various trucks and quiver up. From a cost aspect
quiver
52mm SFW 159s 8.38x32.75=DITCH witch/park stick
54mm SFW 6.1 standard 8.38x32/32.125/32.25 FLAT baker or krooked=mainstay
56mm Oj hardline 8.8-9.25 shaped templeton cat when ever i can have it or lucero=pool/slappy/park stick.

Dream parts 215's/egg/57mm radial full/58mm 95a natas o's

IpathCats

« Reply #823 on: December 20, 2021, 10:29:50 AM »
Lurpiv is killing it on the customer service front. I've gotten pivot cups, axel nuts, kingpins and nuts for them for free. I'm about to go buy a volvo or something now.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #824 on: December 21, 2021, 08:09:22 AM »
My buddy bent his axel on his yesterday, granted he skates mostly street shit biggest shit he’s skated is a nine stair though, I’m gonna stick with my ventures
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #825 on: December 21, 2021, 09:01:35 AM »
Quote from: Tony   :-[link=topic=118396.msg3705835#msg3705835 date=1640102962
My buddy bent his axel on his yesterday, granted he skates mostly street shit biggest shit he’s skated is a nine stair though, I’m gonna stick with my ventures

Damn… I kinda feared that with the split axle design. 
Not that I really skate any high impact shit anymore and I’m also a skinny ass dude but I thought the design was a bit risky when I saw the X-ray.  :-\

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #826 on: December 21, 2021, 09:59:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not that I really skate any high impact shit anymore and I’m also a skinny ass dude but I thought the design was a bit risky when I saw the X-ray.  :-\

Yea I’ll try to post a pic later on, my image shack won’t let me upload anything else I guess I’m past the month long trial period
You want some queso?”

IpathCats

« Reply #827 on: December 21, 2021, 10:04:59 AM »

Try to get a pic! Bummer though.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #828 on: December 21, 2021, 12:00:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yea I’ll try to post a pic later on, my image shack won’t let me upload anything else I guess I’m past the month long trial period

Try imgbb. That seems to work nicely for me at least.

logjammin

• Rep: 326
« Reply #829 on: December 21, 2021, 12:19:54 PM »
Not a good look if axles are already bending...

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #830 on: December 22, 2021, 02:14:08 AM »

He should hit up the email, will get a new set for sure.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #831 on: December 22, 2021, 07:35:55 AM »
looks like they were testing axle bending with some sort of clamp on their story this morning

IpathCats

« Reply #832 on: December 22, 2021, 09:42:53 AM »
looks like they were testing axle bending with some sort of clamp on their story this morning

The Lurpiv IG? That's interesting. Was it one force being applied, and then increased? I'm no physics major, but I'm sure the effect of repeated impacts (skateboarding) would have a different affect.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #833 on: December 22, 2021, 10:35:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Lurpiv IG? That's interesting. Was it one force being applied, and then increased? I'm no physics major, but I'm sure the effect of repeated impacts (skateboarding) would have a different affect.
http://www.instagram.com/stories/lurpiv/2734273376063232702/

IpathCats

« Reply #834 on: December 22, 2021, 11:02:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks for sharing but i cant see it since i dont have IG.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #835 on: December 22, 2021, 11:41:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Thanks for sharing but i cant see it since i dont have IG.

https://streamable.com/gil7bl

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #836 on: December 22, 2021, 02:06:47 PM »

You want some queso?”

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #837 on: December 22, 2021, 02:48:54 PM »

What’s going on here?  :o Kinda looks like the hanger is cracked on both sides or then those weird lines are just a result of the casting process and poor finishing.  ???

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #838 on: December 22, 2021, 03:05:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What’s going on here?  :o Kinda looks like the hanger is cracked on both sides or then those weird lines are just a result of the casting process and poor finishing.  ???
i had the same thought. also, am i crazy or does the base plate look like it’s rounded at the top? is it supposed to be like that? it looks like that person skated the shit out of them for how short of a period of time they’ve been out.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #839 on: December 22, 2021, 03:13:42 PM »
The baseplates are pretty normal, those are just skated. I've had mine for three weeks now (including a week of no skating) and they look like this. Got replacement kingpins which is why those look brand new.

Can't comment on long term durability especially with regards to hitting the axle (since there is none) but so far the hanger is grooving slower than my ventures and the baseplate wear from nose/tailslides seems to be similar, maybe a tad better too. Little bit worried about sliding through to the pivot cup which happens to me pretty quickly on ventures. Not sure how durable compared to indys or aces, haven't had those in a long time.