Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 133665 times)

smoothbrain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 23
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #750 on: December 03, 2021, 07:03:59 AM »
Feedback Ted seems to back them and that's all I need to know

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #751 on: December 03, 2021, 07:19:38 AM »
Buddy offered to sell me his for $75, so I think I’m joining the Lurpiv gang
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #752 on: December 03, 2021, 08:03:32 AM »
had session number two yesterday, and first session not on just curbs. The turning is pretty deep but with a weird amount of stability. you can feel like you're maxed out turning then lean a little harder and all of a sudden youre turning even more. which seems like its been feeling more stable than ace but also capable of turning like ace.  The grinds are fast and i dont think ive gotten kingpin drag on anything yet. theyre also like noticeably lighter than anything ive felt in a while. Overall im a huge fan so far.

also another useless note: the aluminum makes my skateboard sound much much different, everything is much higher pitched than with any other truck ive used. almost like having a hard cored wheel or something

superleftswipebby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #753 on: December 03, 2021, 09:03:01 AM »
anyone in canada purchase a set? customs fees?

Salmon Agah

« Reply #754 on: December 03, 2021, 09:20:19 AM »
Would recommend going super fast into a couple of 50-50s. Feels like ice past a certain speed, and I'm here for it.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #755 on: December 03, 2021, 09:41:59 AM »
anyone in canada purchase a set? customs fees?

No customs fees on my end. When they shipped out UPS I was worried that I'd end up paying the cost of trucks in brokerage nonsense, I usually get raked through the coals by UPS. But nope, no hassle.

superleftswipebby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #756 on: December 03, 2021, 01:09:16 PM »
thanks dawg. i got these loaded on my cart. contemplating on whether it’s worth it to blow almost $150 on a set of trucks

IpathCats

« Reply #757 on: December 03, 2021, 03:40:52 PM »
Feedback Ted seems to back them and that's all I need to know

Even though he likes them, I swear they're good.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #758 on: December 03, 2021, 08:45:22 PM »
I snagged a pair of 139s.

Casting/machining quality seems very nice overall (still some metal shavings on the baseplate lol).

Only QC issues are the axles and nuts. One or two of the axles are pressed in too far so the “built-in speed washer” isn’t exposed to act as a washer. The nuts, are they just not crimped on top to hold the nylon in? They went on fine, but I would recommend replacing them if you take them off to switch wheels. That nylon won’t stay in there long.

Can confirm both the nuts and the kingpin bolt are a precise 13mm. SAE skate wrenches do not work well.

Baseplate thickness was fine with my 7/8 in. hardware (I didn’t measure my bolts to make sure they’re accurate).

Definitely heavier than my 139 Indy titaniums, but not bothersome in any way (at least to me).

Bushings are matte finish med/soft white urethane (kinda like the aftermarket Tensor bushings, but not quite as soft).

I have no idea how tight these are, to be honest. I’d say factory tightness + 1/3 of a turn in my case, but who knows if mine came the same way as anyone else’s. I think there are about 5-6 threads exposed under the baseplate nut (came with 4-5 exposed threads?).

First step on the board, I thought they felt tight because the ride was so stable, but then I leaned into a turn and wow, it’s pretty remarkable what they were able to do balancing the turn and stability here. Very deep, carvy action, but not wobbly or floppy at all. First impression is it’s a great truck. Excited to ride these more.

Only design downside is that inverted kingpin trucks are a bit of a pain if you like to experiment with bushings, but these are so nice out of the box, I don’t see many people needing to tinker.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #759 on: December 04, 2021, 12:36:26 AM »
Fuck sake here we go again.

I've found my perfect combo on venture lows now and I love it.

But I just can't stop myself reading these threads. I might my girl to get me a pair for Xmas

What are they like for flip tricks after people have skated them for awhile? Also is there an optional wheelbase?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

IpathCats

« Reply #760 on: December 04, 2021, 07:14:30 AM »

But I just can't stop myself reading these threads. I might my girl to get me a pair for Xmas

What are they like for flip tricks after people have skated them for awhile? Also is there an optional wheelbase?

I really don't see you enjoying these if you're feeling good on venture lows. The height is pretty serious. My comfort zone truck is Indy titanium, and the extra 1.5mm was kinda jarring at first. I'm generally a pretty low impact street skater, lots of simple flip tricks, and these definitely took a lot of getting used to for that stuff. As someone else has said, flip tricks on these with cold legs is a fucking chore. I really have to work for them compared to my 144 titaniums, though some of that is probably due to me getting the 149s. I am really liking them after adjusting though. In short, these are an entirely different beast than venture lows, no similarities, unless you're looking for something venture isn't offering, I can't imagine you would like them.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #761 on: December 04, 2021, 08:32:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I really don't see you enjoying these if you're feeling good on venture lows. The height is pretty serious. My comfort zone truck is Indy titanium, and the extra 1.5mm was kinda jarring at first. I'm generally a pretty low impact street skater, lots of simple flip tricks, and these definitely took a lot of getting used to for that stuff. As someone else has said, flip tricks on these with cold legs is a fucking chore. I really have to work for them compared to my 144 titaniums, though some of that is probably due to me getting the 149s. I am really liking them after adjusting though. In short, these are an entirely different beast than venture lows, no similarities, unless you're looking for something venture isn't offering, I can't imagine you would like them.

Thanks man, you're right. I'm just so easily led by these threads lol.

You just saved me (her) 150 euro
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #762 on: December 04, 2021, 02:07:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I also get hyped. More so on seeing Kader skate them, but yeah…
I have always liked putting together full tribute style setups, based off of pro’s and time periods I’ve been hyped on.
But I skate better on venture lo’s.
I’m so stoked on people I know, and then seeing pros, that skate the same stuff for long periods of time.

IpathCats

« Reply #763 on: December 05, 2021, 04:47:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Lol no prob. Maybe pull the trigger if they ever make a low haha. That would look kinda sick tbh

STAH

• Rep: 4
« Reply #764 on: December 05, 2021, 04:28:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol no prob. Maybe pull the trigger if they ever make a low haha. That would look kinda sick tbh

I'd fuck with a pair of lurpiv lows, Even mids. I miss the days of truck companies having more options, but I also understand why they don't.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #765 on: December 06, 2021, 06:52:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My buddy got a pair, they are tall as fuck, I’m sticking with move tires as well, was super curious about them though
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Srt32srt

• Rep: 1
« Reply #766 on: December 06, 2021, 07:51:45 AM »
Expand Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOlNgpbd7Ss

review on the LURPIV'S
[close]

"ACEs, known for being a pretty light truck"

Dude has no credibility now.

so true. hes weighing the trucks in oz when he should be more precise in grams. and hes measuring a 8.5" truck to a 9" truck. terrile video dowdy. ace feel lighter than they are due to the shorter wheelbase. you said it in the beginning of this post but we need to keep messaging ACE MFG Trucks to make a magnesium baseplate(again), hollow axle and hollow kingpin lightweight version and so they could have the market covered!

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #767 on: December 06, 2021, 08:30:05 AM »
I had the threadlock pop out completely on one of my bolts cause i thought it would be a good idea to change wheels. The news nuts cant come soon enough. Ill echo the recommendation of not removing the nuts once theyre on if you have the faulty ones.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #768 on: December 06, 2021, 04:30:18 PM »
So the consensus seems to be that these are like taller, but also more stable aces?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #769 on: December 06, 2021, 04:35:39 PM »
So the consensus seems to be that these are like taller, but also more stable aces?

That sounds about right, but in terms of pop. Pinches better than aces too.

Compared to aces, they have more of a stable, flat predictable center (not as much as venture of course). But when you want them to turn, they'll turn real good.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #770 on: December 06, 2021, 04:51:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Compared to aces, they have more of a stable, flat predictable center (not as much as venture of course). But when you want them to turn, they'll turn real good.

Damn, this makes me wanna get a pair for myself as an xmas gift. Only thing putting me off is the height

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #771 on: December 06, 2021, 05:06:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Damn, this makes me wanna get a pair for myself as an xmas gift. Only thing putting me off is the height

Coming from ventures the height is throwing me off a little bit too, on top of the fact that I set up a different board and slightly bigger wheels (mostly find it a bit more clumsy for ledge tricks). But if you're coming from aces I don't imagine it'll be that drastic if you keep the rest of your setup consistent.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #772 on: December 06, 2021, 10:08:41 PM »
Some more thoughts.

I feel like as someone coming from ventures, and doesn't skate super loose trucks or much transition, I'm not maximizing the potential of the turn. In most scenarios, I lean like I do on the ventures, no wheelbite, they obviously turn way sharper than the ventures, great. Though if I lean harder (which on ventures wouldn't get you any more turn, only wheelbite), they begin to turn even more and even sharper before they finally wheelbite, but if I try get to this point I usually fall off my board, slip out or tip over before the truck hits wheelbite or makes it to the end of the turn.

Maybe they behave a bit differently if you skate them very loose, but perhaps that last bit of turn isn't even meant to be utilized in most cases. Can't imagine why someone would wanna make that sharp a turn at any reasonable speed. Then again I skate mostly ledges so...

Its definitely not a bad thing, I don't notice it unless I'm going out of my way to try to get to that point, seeing how sharp a u-turn I can do without slipping out or falling off.

Starting to get used to the height a bit more, its not throwing off my flatground anymore (though other aspects about my setup are still fucking with me on ledges). Realized a taller truck also helps with some tricks I usually struggle with, sw tres and sw heels off the top of my head.

There's some clicking noises from time to time, but not too noticeable when skating unless you're listening for it, and definitely doesn't affect performance.

Lastly, noticed the inverted kingpin seems to occasionally loosen itself very slightly. Not majorly, and not a problem if you just keep a tool on you. Wonder how this would play out in the long run. They're already sending me some replacements so maybe it was an unlucky batch. But also have never skated inverted kingpins before (besides some diy ones a while back that didn't work very well) so not sure if this is expected behaviour.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 01:29:20 PM by tzhangdox »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #773 on: December 07, 2021, 02:57:05 PM »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #774 on: December 07, 2021, 03:41:32 PM »
159’s
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXJ-T2ttC3v/?utm_medium=copy_link

For some reason, with those thin black wheels and the blank deck with Lurpiv sticker, this photo just reinforces my belief that these look like either budget sports store complete trucks or Tech Deck trucks!
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #775 on: December 07, 2021, 05:41:39 PM »
I swear some of y'all are saying, "they look like a tech deck truck," like that's a bad thing.

animalflesh

« Reply #776 on: December 07, 2021, 07:08:39 PM »
Damn 159s are forcing my hand right now

IpathCats

« Reply #777 on: December 08, 2021, 04:59:16 AM »

Lastly, noticed the inverted kingpin seems to occasionally loosen itself very slightly. Not majorly, and not a problem if you just keep a tool on you. Wonder how this would play out in the long run. They're already sending me some replacements so maybe it was an unlucky batch. But also have never skated inverted kingpins before (besides some diy ones a while back that didn't work very well) so not sure if this is expected behaviour.

I just noticed this happening to mine as well, especially my front truck. Are they sending you new kingpins or nuts or both? I also noticed my pivot cup on the same truck is much looser around the hangar.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #778 on: December 08, 2021, 05:39:03 AM »

For some reason, with those thin black wheels and the blank deck with Lurpiv sticker, this photo just reinforces my belief that these look like either budget sports store complete trucks or Tech Deck trucks!

I actually really love the look of the trucks but that setup is just bad.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #779 on: December 08, 2021, 05:43:24 AM »
Can’t believe I’m typing this but in the midst of waiting for the Lurpivs I found another setup that I really enjoy and plan on running for a while.  If anyone in the Philly area wants to buy a set of unskated 8.5” Lurpivs for less than I paid, hit me up and I’m down to sell them.