Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 143327 times)

STAH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #330 on: October 21, 2021, 12:48:17 AM »
Expand Quote

I wonder if he even knows/cares about wheelbase
[close]

I get the feeling most pros aren't anywhere near as particular as us gear nerds here on the shoes and gear side of SLAP
that is not true at all. why do you think pro's have their own shape? not all of them do obviously, but if having your own shape made specifically for you isn't particular then I don't know what is. these guys get everything for free, there isn't any reason not to be particular if its going to affect performance.

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #331 on: October 21, 2021, 03:29:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I get the feeling most pros aren't anywhere near as particular as us gear nerds here on the shoes and gear side of SLAP
[close]
that is not true at all. why do you think pro's have their own shape? not all of them do obviously, but if having your own shape made specifically for you isn't particular then I don't know what is. these guys get everything for free, there isn't any reason not to be particular if its going to affect performance.

If he cared that much about his setup performance he wouldn’t be skating such big wheels

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #332 on: October 21, 2021, 06:11:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

If he cared that much about his setup performance he wouldn’t be skating such big wheels

Have you ever skated transition?

IpathCats

« Reply #333 on: October 21, 2021, 06:33:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

There is a difference between the words "most" and "many". I know that many pros do care, and have their own shape. But I also know that many hop around to different companies, get flowed different shit and also grew up in an era where gear nerdiness wasn't as common. Most of the old guys I skate with look at me like im crazy when I talk about gear the way i do on here. It's just a guess though. Also have to think about it like a vocal majority thing. It's not like people that are indifferent about their setups are going to be telling everyone how indifferent they are, unlike people who really care, they will tell you.... because they really care.

stringsnthings

• Rep: -49
« Reply #334 on: October 21, 2021, 06:34:56 AM »
I think I'll try the new Royals over these honestly.

IpathCats

« Reply #335 on: October 21, 2021, 06:38:28 AM »
I think I'll try the new Royals over these honestly.

Heresy

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #336 on: October 21, 2021, 07:10:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I take this extremely personally.

Fhk

« Reply #337 on: October 21, 2021, 07:13:37 AM »

This is sick.

manysnakes

« Reply #338 on: October 21, 2021, 07:53:22 AM »
Kader is the most naturally funny person online.

He's truly a skater of his time. A kid who is a natural internet troll. Another reason to love him.

Banned from the room

« Reply #339 on: October 21, 2021, 08:19:29 AM »
I'm interested in the WB info.

From the above shots the bolt position looking like another silver tool truck like venture.

If I was this brand I would definitely knock venture/ thunder geometry as much as possible.

Maybe try and combine ace turn with the stability of a venture.

Second I don't think they will bend as easily as we think. Perhaps if the hanger was round like ace that would be an issue and correct me if I'm wrong the 90° corners on the bottom should provide some extra support.

I would skate them if possible but I'm trying to keep my shit as local as I possibly can.

I'm going to stick by

Pop master innovations (vehicle)
Venture trucks
Loophole wheels
Orchard hardware
Bones swiss bearings

I fuck with Ace in the winter and I do ride F4s because loops don't come in 58-62 mm yet. As soon as they do I'm not fucking with other wheels most likey.

Respect to anyone who's down to ride swedish trucks at 100 bucks a set. I got everything I'll ever need I believe and I MUST support US labor or I'm not what I claim to be I can't live with that anymore.

I must fight for what I believe in always. Ermico San Francisco is important to me.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #340 on: October 21, 2021, 08:55:54 AM »
Didn't Lurpiv or Oski confirmed they have a Indy like wheelbase already?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #341 on: October 21, 2021, 09:06:29 AM »
Didn't Lurpiv or Oski confirmed they have a Indy like wheelbase already?

Yep

Boog

• Rep: 202
« Reply #342 on: October 21, 2021, 04:26:46 PM »
I'm happy with venture. Sometimes Indy. When I just skate what I'm used to and stop switching everything up I actually start to progress and that makes skating so much more enjoyable.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #343 on: October 21, 2021, 07:20:05 PM »

zozu

• Rep: 123
« Reply #344 on: October 22, 2021, 03:01:13 AM »
Kader is probably just trying them out but Oski did repost it to his story so who knows. Considering he has had multiple Instagram posts skating them in a couple days it could be that he's actually on, given his usual Instagram output is less frequent.
It would be an absolute left field acquisition if he was actually on the team.

Anyway I am anxiously waiting to see some slappers first impressions to decide If I buy myself a set for Christmas

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #345 on: October 22, 2021, 03:17:11 AM »
I will probably be getting some Lurpivs once I'm done with my 159s

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #346 on: October 22, 2021, 05:19:45 AM »
I’m so curious how these ride once my Indy’s are done I’ll probably get some

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • Get bent
« Reply #347 on: October 22, 2021, 05:23:32 AM »
I’m gonna go ahead and order a pair, I’ll keep my ventures but I’m too curious about these things
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #348 on: October 22, 2021, 05:23:54 AM »
Anyone received them?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #349 on: October 22, 2021, 05:28:18 AM »
I must fight for what I believe in always. Ermico San Francisco is important to me.

respect.

if i ever get lurpivs, but don't like em, i will send them over the atlantic to you, for free, so you can try guilt free.

IpathCats

« Reply #350 on: October 22, 2021, 05:45:52 AM »
Anyone received them?

NO! not even a shipping confirmation yet. "shipping in october" so i guess there's about a week left before my unreasonable outrage becomes slightly less unreasonable. JUST GIVE ME MY TRUCKS OSKI, PLEASE!

Dan Gerous

« Reply #351 on: October 22, 2021, 06:35:21 AM »
Lurpiv posted yesterday 'We're soon ready to ship out all the pre-orders' on instagram, so 'delivering during October' might still hold, depending where you live in the world.

IpathCats

« Reply #352 on: October 22, 2021, 07:42:30 AM »
Lurpiv posted yesterday 'We're soon ready to ship out all the pre-orders' on instagram, so 'delivering during October' might still hold, depending where you live in the world.

Sweet, I'm on the east coast so hopefully it won't take too long from sweeden. I think Baltimore is a big international port, which is pretty close to me

STAH

• Rep: 4
« Reply #353 on: October 26, 2021, 02:20:21 PM »
this wait is killing me! post them when you get them.

H3110

• Rep: 0
« Reply #354 on: October 28, 2021, 07:30:29 PM »
I've been riding thunders for the past 4 years and Idk why but I ordered these and I'm not the type to even own more than one set of trucks at a time.

IpathCats

« Reply #355 on: October 29, 2021, 05:50:40 AM »
2 MORE DAYS OSKI, DO NOT FUCK WITH ME.

CaptainCheeks

• Rep: 5
« Reply #356 on: October 29, 2021, 06:05:17 AM »
Guys let's just accept it we ain't getting no shipping confirmation in October

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #357 on: October 29, 2021, 06:11:54 AM »
Let’s see, skater tries to run business. Business claims product will deliver in certain time frame. Certain time frame is almost up. No tracking number, no public replies on business Instagram. Skater posting clips on his story instead of busting his ass in the warehouse or doing whatever he needs to ship out the product. Yep, sounds like the typical “pro skater tries to run business and fails horribly” story. Not a good look, Oski.

IpathCats

« Reply #358 on: October 29, 2021, 06:13:30 AM »
Guys let's just accept it we ain't getting no shipping confirmation in October

I ACCEPT NOTHING. My desire overrides my reason

IpathCats

« Reply #359 on: October 29, 2021, 06:17:58 AM »
Let’s see, skater tries to run business. Business claims product will deliver in certain time frame. Certain time frame is almost up. No tracking number, no public replies on business Instagram. Skater posting clips on his story instead of busting his ass in the warehouse or doing whatever he needs to ship out the product. Yep, sounds like the typical “pro skater tries to run business and fails horribly” story. Not a good look, Oski.

I really doubt he's doing any of the work in the warehouse, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what all the nike money was for.