Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 143350 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #480 on: November 11, 2021, 01:57:08 PM »
Expand Quote

Ok, testing what the guy above posted:D
[close]

The look of the truck has grown on me; I am especially fond that the axle isn't visible behind the IKP, makes it look cleaner, higher quality. I like it.

Plate and hanger are two different colors?

I still don’t understand what’s going on with the axle on these trucks. Can someone that has them already take pics of the details? Specially the axle part… they talk about a dual axle system and that makes me wonder if they are split like those titanium theeve’s from years ago or it’s something different. 

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #481 on: November 11, 2021, 02:04:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

The look of the truck has grown on me; I am especially fond that the axle isn't visible behind the IKP, makes it look cleaner, higher quality. I like it.

[close]

I still don’t understand what’s going on with the axle on these trucks. Can someone that has them already take pics of the details? Specially the axle part… they talk about a dual axle system and that makes me wonder if they are split like those titanium theeve’s from years ago or it’s something different.

I think it's a sleeved axle.  Inner one that is the size of everyone else's axles, and then another axle around it that is only in the cast part of the truck.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #482 on: November 11, 2021, 02:12:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think it's a sleeved axle.  Inner one that is the size of everyone else's axles, and then another axle around it that is only in the cast part of the truck.

I'll probably be wrong but I think if it was the sleeved thing you'd still be able to see at least a bump of it behind the kingpin.
Were the theeves split or was it one single piece of titanium? They were advertised as one piece. 
Could they be two seperate axles at each end, like what crappy trucks used to be, but they have better stronger materials now. I think they used to show that little bit of axle in the middle to prove the axle was one piece not just on the two ends.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #483 on: November 11, 2021, 02:14:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'll probably be wrong but I think if it was the sleeved thing you'd still be able to see at least a bump of it behind the kingpin.
Were the theeves split or was it one single piece of titanium? They were advertised as one piece. 
Could they be two seperate axles at each end, like what crappy trucks used to be, but they have better stronger materials now. I think they used to show that little bit of axle in the middle to prove the axle was one piece not just on the two ends.

It looks sleeved to me - but it could be threaded in and just have a shoulder.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #484 on: November 11, 2021, 02:17:43 PM »
This shows it better - and ya, it looks like it may be threaded in

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #485 on: November 11, 2021, 02:20:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It looks sleeved to me - but it could be threaded in and just have a shoulder.

Oh I'd put money on me being wrong and you being right. I'm just thinking you'd be able to see some kind of lump where the axle is usually exposed.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #486 on: November 11, 2021, 02:41:37 PM »
I wish somebody would buy all kind of trucks, especially lurpivs, and cut cross sections like weartested does with shoes. How the hell do these axles work I need to know

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1595
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #487 on: November 11, 2021, 05:28:13 PM »
The theeves were all one piece I'm pretty sure. I had them....the quality was pretty insane....material didn't grind well at all....

Dan Gerous

« Reply #488 on: November 11, 2021, 05:35:45 PM »
The theeves were all one piece I'm pretty sure. I had them....the quality was pretty insane....material didn't grind well at all....
Yes, they're one piece. Viewed from the board side, the hangers are completely open with nothing but air where a one piece axle would be.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2275
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #489 on: November 11, 2021, 06:07:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes, they're one piece. Viewed from the board side, the hangers are completely open with nothing but air where a one piece axle would be.

Perhaps Theeve were overly ambitious in their design, but they have certainly set a precedent that the tech exists to do it.
I’m still waffling until I hear some sweet feedback from the PALS.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #490 on: November 11, 2021, 06:17:10 PM »

They sucked on angle iron for sure, but they would destroy curbs.

TJALOL

• Rep: 16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #491 on: November 12, 2021, 12:14:51 AM »

Two more for you guys.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #492 on: November 12, 2021, 12:59:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Perhaps Theeve were overly ambitious in their design, but they have certainly set a precedent that the tech exists to do it.
I’m still waffling until I hear some sweet feedback from the PALS.

Me and some friends tried out the all titanium theeves when they first came out. They were really hard to grind with. You couldn't do 5050 or like manual style grinds. To 5-0 you had to be like fully tail pressed and down kinda pointed out to the side.nosegrinds had to be that style that's almost a noseblunt but Crookeds worked alright.
I'm hoping the lurpivs don't have that same "problem" because it's really not how I enjoy doing those tricks.
Also where theeve really fucked up is the titanium would grind thru the pivot cup and then boar thru the baseplate itself because it's only aluminium. Titanium baseplate would make a lot more sense than hangar. You'd never blow out a pivot cup again.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 08:03:31 AM by Mean salto »

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 77
« Reply #493 on: November 12, 2021, 02:31:10 AM »
Seems my truck madness did return, got the box today... Don't ask me how they skate, ongoing injury keeps me off board for a while. Anyway, some pics for you to look at.

Build quality looks good on quick glance.

These are 149s.

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #494 on: November 12, 2021, 02:31:22 AM »
The Theeve hangers are made of titanium, which makes for a sticky grind. Lurpiv hangers are made from aluminum like the rest. Should be a pretty standard grind.

owlienist

« Reply #495 on: November 12, 2021, 03:10:35 AM »
Got my 139 and 149's here in Belgium. No shipping notification or sms from UPS, they just showed up and luckily I was home.

Very rough unpolished aluminum but I really like the look a lot!

Weight: 139's are 358 grams and the 149's are 368 grams.

Also, they fit perfectly on the Real 3-Ply Universal (Indy) Risers.

Won't get to ride them until next week though, weather permitting.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #496 on: November 12, 2021, 07:09:51 AM »
Who’s gonna measure and post the effect they have on wheelbase?  :-*

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
« Reply #497 on: November 12, 2021, 07:44:34 AM »

Fr fr….no hate, but all of the trucks that have gone out have landed with folks that can’t skate for a week.
I need some opinions!
(All I care about is the ollie)

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #498 on: November 12, 2021, 07:47:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fr fr….no hate, but all of the trucks that have gone out have landed with folks that can’t skate for a week.
I need some opinions!
(All I care about is the ollie)

shipping delay was for customer research, making sure to only get these in the hands of people with patience apparently

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #499 on: November 12, 2021, 08:01:25 AM »
Fuck it i just bought some i couldnt wait for reviews. they look way too nice

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #500 on: November 12, 2021, 08:41:03 AM »
This has got to be a SLAP record for amount of time with no opinions on how a new product skates, especially a new truck brand. Not even a first blush account.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 09:10:51 AM by Xen »

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #501 on: November 12, 2021, 09:12:07 AM »
This has got to be a SLAP record for amount of time with no opinions on how a new product skates, especially a new truck brand. Not even a first blush account.

I don't understand how hard it is to walk outside your front door and Ollie.

I mean the trucks are already setup on the board.....
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
« Reply #502 on: November 12, 2021, 09:14:52 AM »
This has got to be a SLAP record for amount of time with no opinions on how a product skates. Not even a first blush account.

I need you, Xen, shirt off, flogging these into some curbs/skating flat, stat

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #503 on: November 12, 2021, 09:40:10 AM »
Expand Quote
This has got to be a SLAP record for amount of time with no opinions on how a product skates. Not even a first blush account.
[close]

I need you, Xen, shirt off, flogging these into some curbs/skating flat, stat

Sadly, I didn't buy any =( and now due to my love affair with the new Royals, I don't see it happening (and probably not ever as I don't really like tall trucks)....unless I really start skating transition more...which I should now that school is in session (empty parks).

logjammin

• Rep: 355
« Reply #504 on: November 12, 2021, 12:14:38 PM »
Looks to be a bit of space inbetween the pivot point of the hanger and the pivot cup, hopefully wont cause cup destruction or baseplate warping.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #505 on: November 12, 2021, 12:26:47 PM »
Looks to be a bit of space inbetween the pivot point of the hanger and the pivot cup, hopefully wont cause cup destruction or baseplate warping.
Hopefully it's just that the edge is rounded a bit, which would actually be better for wear on the hanger than a hard edge.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 12:33:34 PM by Dan Gerous »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #506 on: November 12, 2021, 02:08:43 PM »
Unlike the new Royals the casting on these and finishing looks stellar

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #507 on: November 12, 2021, 02:26:03 PM »

They are using rheocasting for these.  It's a different process, and I don't believe any other truck company is using it.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/engineering/rheocasting

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #508 on: November 12, 2021, 02:27:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They are using rheocasting for these.  It's a different process, and I don't believe any other truck company is using it.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/engineering/rheocasting

I don't disagree, casting on Lurpivs + their overall industrial design look pretty slick. That said, since I started riding the new Royals, I've not given a second thought about their casting or overall appearance...I mean, they're fucked after one or two grinds anyway so who gives a shit?

Expand Quote
[close]
Hopefully it's just that the edge is rounded a bit, which would actually be better for wear on the hanger than a hard edge.

I thought that too, but the surely the design was thought out/tested (Indy 109s do it); can't imagine an ex ACE rider would make a truck that binds when skating loose.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #509 on: November 12, 2021, 02:43:51 PM »

Lol dude

Show us where the Royals hurt you
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in