Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 143366 times)

slothrop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #930 on: January 04, 2022, 11:51:10 PM »

So before he woke up, I shaved off my eyebrows, too. That way, whenever he woke up the next day, he’d probably say something like, “Hey, you don’t have any eyebrows!”
“Neither do you.”
That w

superleftswipebby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #931 on: January 05, 2022, 07:03:05 AM »
Expand Quote
anyone try these trucks on a 14.5 wb deck? i prefer 14.25s on af1s or indys but really want to try the p2 shape
[close]

P2 is actually 14.375” wb like all Polar decks that claim to be 14.5” wb.

sick thanks yo

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1312
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #932 on: January 06, 2022, 07:00:46 AM »
https://skatejawn.com/oski-rozenberg-interview/
"and we’ve been talking to Kader as well."

I wonder if Kader is riding ventures again to run out a contract or if he ended up not being down.

slothrop

« Reply #933 on: January 06, 2022, 01:44:57 PM »
https://skatejawn.com/oski-rozenberg-interview/
"and we’ve been talking to Kader as well."

I wonder if Kader is riding ventures again to run out a contract or if he ended up not being down.

SO the question is how many Bryggeriet youngens are gonna be running lurpivs or even on the team  being that John Magnusson is a project manager at the school.  so ALEX elfving?
been alot of mingling with fred gall also going on

which is cool might not get SOTY but damn give him some bank dude deserves long service severance.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 02:00:13 PM by slothrop »

So before he woke up, I shaved off my eyebrows, too. That way, whenever he woke up the next day, he’d probably say something like, “Hey, you don’t have any eyebrows!”
“Neither do you.”
That w

smashingblumpkins

• Rep: -19
« Reply #934 on: January 06, 2022, 05:00:23 PM »
Hi Guys,
So ive done some math so that we can all have some numbers associated with the Lurpiv trucks vs an industry standard, in this case Independent. So I set up both sets of trucks on a 8.5 polar board with the following dimensions:
8.5" X 32.125"
NOSE: 7.125"
WHEEL BASE: 14.5"
TAIL: 6.75"

So to measure the "turning power" of the two sets of trucks I collected a set of measurements at max turning which would allow for this to happen. There are multiple ways to get to the circumference but found using the circumcircle of a triangle to be easiest. I have attached a diagram below for visual representation. In this case the wheel base is given and 'r' is to be collected.
For Indy: r= 26.75"
For Lurpiv r=23.75"

The circumradius is found using the formula     
a/2sin(A) where a is any triangle side length and A is the corresponding angle (found in triangle diagram).
Circumradii:
Indy = 13.89507"
Lurpiv = 12.47023"

using these radii values we get the following circumferences (2pir):
Indy:87.31"
Lurpiv:78.35"

This is pretty significant I think.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #935 on: January 06, 2022, 05:38:37 PM »
Hi Guys,
So ive done some math so that we can all have some numbers associated with the Lurpiv trucks vs an industry standard, in this case Independent. So I set up both sets of trucks on a 8.5 polar board with the following dimensions:
8.5" X 32.125"

So to measure the "turning power" of the two sets of trucks I collected a set of measurements at max turning which would allow for this to happen. There are multiple ways to get to the circumference but found using the circumcircle of a triangle to be easiest. I have attached a diagram below for visual representation. In this case the wheel base is given and 'r' is to be collected.
For Lurpiv r=23.75"

a/2sin(A) where a is any triangle side length and A is the corresponding angle (found in triangle diagram).
Circumradii:
Indy = 13.89507"
Lurpiv = 12.47023"

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

slothrop

« Reply #936 on: January 06, 2022, 05:44:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Hi Guys,
8.5" X 32.125"

For Lurpiv r=23.75"

Circumradii:
Indy = 13.89507"
Lurpiv = 12.47023"

[close]

“Neither do you.”
That w

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #937 on: January 07, 2022, 01:34:12 AM »
Hi Guys,
8.5" X 32.125"

For Lurpiv r=23.75"

Circumradii:
Indy = 13.89507"
Lurpiv = 12.47023"

Polar are known to misreport their wheelbases, so if you didn't measure that first you might have boofed it.

I'm curious what measurements you collected for r and how?
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #938 on: January 07, 2022, 01:40:47 AM »
I think in general the circumference of a maximum turning circle is much less informative for practical applications as just the turning radius or turning diameter, ie the space in which you can make a full turn.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #939 on: January 07, 2022, 11:31:29 AM »
Hi Guys,
8.5" X 32.125"

For Lurpiv r=23.75"

Circumradii:
Indy = 13.89507"
Lurpiv = 12.47023"

This is interesting and a nice scientific approach to quantify the differences between different trucks. I feel like there are a few things here that might lead to erroneous values and some point that are a bit unclear though.

@burm above is right. The Polar 8.5” has a 14.375” wb. They list it incorrectly. Also shouldn’t you use the true axle to axle wheelbase of both setups?

What determines the “maximum turn” you refer to? Wheelbite? With which wheels? Can you also do this for all other trucks so we get some good comparison data?

Also as @burm said, I think the turning diameter is much more informative than the circumference.

manysnakes

« Reply #940 on: January 07, 2022, 11:47:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Hi Guys,
8.5" X 32.125"

For Lurpiv r=23.75"

Circumradii:
Indy = 13.89507"
Lurpiv = 12.47023"

[close]
Polar are known to misreport their wheelbases, so if you didn't measure that first you might have boofed it.

I'm curious what measurements you collected for r and how?

Since it’s a back of the envelope calculation, it should be simple enough to add or subtract the accurate wheelbase measurements, but it seems to me that the exact numbers aren’t as relevant as the a-to-b comparison between the two types of trucks with the same deck.

laterskater

• Rep: 3
« Reply #941 on: January 08, 2022, 07:08:14 PM »
I tried running standard axle nuts in the baseplate for the kingpin but the kingpin loosened just as quickly as before.

I then switched them out for Ace AF1 nuts (the ones with the red nyloc) and they have held well and haven’t loosened over 3 sessions. If they end up loosening then I will resort to loctite, but so far they are working well. If loctite doesn’t work then I will request a new kingpin from Lurpiv.

mushiebushings

• Rep: 2
« Reply #942 on: January 09, 2022, 12:51:12 PM »
The Lurpivs with the new shorter standard kingpins and orange independent aftermarket bushings medium/loose setting 4 sessions in now, and they feel like a fucking dream! Can reccomend everyone here that have had problems with kingpins loosening, to hammer in some of the new shorted kingpins. And btw for some reason indy bushings fit almost to perfect in lurpivs. :D

Shoebox

• Rep: 14
« Reply #943 on: January 10, 2022, 05:19:59 AM »
Anyone else see this on the lurpiv story?

159 incoming?

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #944 on: January 10, 2022, 06:17:52 AM »
The Lurpivs with the new shorter standard kingpins and orange independent aftermarket bushings medium/loose setting 4 sessions in now, and they feel like a fucking dream! Can reccomend everyone here that have had problems with kingpins loosening, to hammer in some of the new shorted kingpins. And btw for some reason indy bushings fit almost to perfect in lurpivs. :D

So these new kingpins, they don't have splines/ridges on them like an Indy kingpin right? When you say hammer them in, is it just the bolt head catching where the nut would usually go on the inverted pins?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0879/1888/products/independent-kingpin-silver-button-style-indy-silver-button-256px-256px_cf7904dd-9357-4b40-a6d3-4bbca98b9889_800x.jpg?v=1471983350

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #945 on: January 10, 2022, 06:43:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So these new kingpins, they don't have splines/ridges on them like an Indy kingpin right? When you say hammer them in, is it just the bolt head catching where the nut would usually go on the inverted pins?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0879/1888/products/independent-kingpin-silver-button-style-indy-silver-button-256px-256px_cf7904dd-9357-4b40-a6d3-4bbca98b9889_800x.jpg?v=1471983350

From Filip Almqvist's aka "IllyFilly" instagram:

It looks like it's essentially the same pin, just flipped and cut shorter.
but one thing I tried to do when I disassembled my truck was to flip it and try to slide it in. It actually doesn't go though, at least easily (I didn't try to hammer it). My guess is that the baseplate hole tapers a bit to prevent it from sliding and get a snug fit. So, it should get fairly snug, and hopefully not wobble or loosen itself...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #946 on: January 10, 2022, 04:15:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
From Filip Almqvist's aka "IllyFilly" instagram:

It looks like it's essentially the same pin, just flipped and cut shorter.
but one thing I tried to do when I disassembled my truck was to flip it and try to slide it in. It actually doesn't go though, at least easily (I didn't try to hammer it). My guess is that the baseplate hole tapers a bit to prevent it from sliding and get a snug fit. So, it should get fairly snug, and hopefully not wobble or loosen itself...
[close]

My bad. For some reason my brain thought that post was preliminary when i first read it last week, not the actual replacement pins being delivered. Thanks.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • Get bent
« Reply #947 on: January 10, 2022, 04:58:55 PM »
So I’ve heard through the grapevine that oski has purchased a place in Austin, not sure what that means for lurpiv m, but my homeboy will be able to show him the bent axle firsthand
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

slothrop

« Reply #948 on: January 11, 2022, 11:43:59 AM »
So I’ve heard through the grapevine that oski has purchased a place in Austin, not sure what that means for lurpiv m, but my homeboy will be able to show him the bent axle firsthand

well considering the last post he was doing a manual over the bowl extension on the right

which is in Austin your grapevine might be a stalker indeed.
hopefully it just means he is fleshing out a team i would love to see gall on with some ridiculous spots oski can skate.

surely the plan for lurpiv is a vid once the kingpingate calms

“Neither do you.”
That w

diplodocus

• Rep: 162
  • long neck
« Reply #949 on: January 11, 2022, 09:14:23 PM »
How does Lurpiv grind compare to the Ace AF-1 grind?

ugly flacko

• Rep: 12
« Reply #950 on: January 12, 2022, 02:10:52 AM »
How does Lurpiv grind compare to the Ace AF-1 grind?

To me, they grind even better/smoother !

FortniteGamer123

• Rep: 0
« Reply #951 on: January 12, 2022, 05:30:49 PM »
Has anybody received any of the new Lurpiv Kingpins? I contact customer service and they said they would send their new ones over but that was like on the 28th. I really like the way they grind and skate but I’m so tired of having to tighten my back truck every 20 minutes.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #952 on: January 13, 2022, 08:29:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

well considering the last post he was doing a manual over the bowl extension on the right

which is in Austin your grapevine might be a stalker indeed.
hopefully it just means he is fleshing out a team i would love to see gall on with some ridiculous spots oski can skate.

surely the plan for lurpiv is a vid once the kingpingate calms

Which is insane. that thing is beastly in person...I miss house park

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #953 on: January 13, 2022, 09:06:09 AM »
Has anybody received any of the new Lurpiv Kingpins? I contact customer service and they said they would send their new ones over but that was like on the 28th. I really like the way they grind and skate but I’m so tired of having to tighten my back truck every 20 minutes.

I got mine the other day, and i emailed the day or the day after they announced the new kingpins.

CaptainCheeks

• Rep: 5
« Reply #954 on: January 13, 2022, 09:55:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got mine the other day, and i emailed the day or the day after they announced the new kingpins.

Yeah got mine

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #955 on: January 14, 2022, 07:22:17 AM »
I got my replacement and they look the same but shorter. Are these supposed to be put in with the nut facing outwards? It seems to only fit the original way (inverse KP) but I'm not sure if Im supposed to hammer it in like a traditinal kingpin.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #956 on: January 14, 2022, 08:14:43 AM »
Ad in #500

skateviewer

• Rep: 5
« Reply #957 on: January 14, 2022, 09:51:54 AM »
For anyone wondering about the replacement kingpin, here's my convo with the lurpiv insta account:

I dont know how to import the video but i bet if you messaged the same thing theyd sent it, basically the replacement pins should be put in as regular kingpins (not inverted).

The video is interested, it shows and narrates the kingpin getting hammered in AS IF IT WERE INVERTED, i.e. from top to bottom, and then removing it and hammering it in from bottom to top as a regular kingpin. not sure what this first step accomplishes as I haven't done the install yet myself.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #958 on: January 14, 2022, 04:08:56 PM »
For anyone wondering about the replacement kingpin, here's my convo with the lurpiv insta account:

I dont know how to import the video but i bet if you messaged the same thing theyd sent it, basically the replacement pins should be put in as regular kingpins (not inverted).

The video is interested, it shows and narrates the kingpin getting hammered in AS IF IT WERE INVERTED, i.e. from top to bottom, and then removing it and hammering it in from bottom to top as a regular kingpin. not sure what this first step accomplishes as I haven't done the install yet myself.
Thanks! I will send them a message to see if i can get that video too.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #959 on: January 14, 2022, 08:16:23 PM »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11qNSVmfiS_Wl3cxRKYpvtYb-m76Nw5zZ/view?usp=sharing Here's the video. Basically hammer it in the inverted way first then install as you would, may still need hammer