Author Topic: Nick Michel Pro As Frog  (Read 6679 times)

Global Moderator

Re: Nick Michel Pro As Frog
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2021, 08:07:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Wow, another completely random dude is pro for some wack ass company. You all like the lamest things.
[close]

Let me guess, another guy pushing 40 who gets off on 90's skateboarding on a daily basis.

Let me guess, another mid/late 20s guy who thinks Alex Olson is the greatest skater ever and that Ben Kadow is really pushing skateboarding forward.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2021, 08:09:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wow, another completely random dude is pro for some wack ass company. You all like the lamest things.
[close]

Let me guess, another guy pushing 40 who gets off on 90's skateboarding on a daily basis.
[close]

Let me guess, another mid/late 20s guy who thinks Alex Olson is the greatest skater ever and that Ben Kadow is really pushing skateboarding forward.
lemme guess u got no drip and a yee yee ass haircut and get no play

dilbert1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2021, 08:55:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

AO = washed. Kadow = pass. Nick Michel = dope. My two cents as mid/late 20s guy.

Pho King Hung Lo Mein

• Rep: -16
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2021, 09:02:37 PM »

Yeah, being a completely random dude posting wack ass hate for skateboarding's newest pro on a message board isn't lame at all, haha. 

Nick a random?  That's funny.  Let me guess, apparently you don't get out of your fudgies, let alone your Mom's basement much, right?  Nice one, Sparky.

"Now go home and get your fucking Shinebox"

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 153
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2021, 04:35:31 AM »

sketchyrider

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2021, 06:21:56 AM »
Frog and Tired are the only real skateboard companies, everything else is just fluff

Nosebleed-section

• Rep: 31
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2021, 06:23:14 AM »

I wish I could school boy you for that cuz nick is too much of a sweetie to do it himself
just nipples affiliate

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2021, 07:36:58 AM »
One of the very best out there right now, been following him for awhile.

Dudes like Nick Michel are why I hate old dudes who try to claim skateboarding isn't as good as it used to be. (I'm turning 44 in two weeks.)

As someone who is already 44, I'm going to second this. If you can't see how sick this kid is, you probably never got it.
I need a coffee

thebacker

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2021, 07:37:39 AM »

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2021, 07:55:09 AM »
wow, slaps really got a full on boner for frog these days. full defense mode if anyone says a joke or dares to critique them

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 297
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2021, 07:59:12 AM »
Lots of arguing round here. Gonna need to see some fits to determine a victor.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2021, 08:07:15 AM »
wow, slaps really got a full on boner for frog these days. full defense mode if anyone says a joke or dares to critique them
for me its crazy like

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2021, 08:29:58 AM »
Any of you guys ever seen him skate in person? Seen him a few times at my local park and he doesn’t stop, he just keeps going, like he’s in a contest run or something but it’s for like an hour straight. Doesn’t stop to check his phone or stop to take a sip of water or to chit chat with others, he just circles the park hitting everything in his sight and just keeps skating and skating and if he misses a trick he just picks his board up and immediately moves on to the next trick, like he’s in a literal contest run. Dude skates like a hamster running in a wheel.

Before he was well known like he is now I remember seeing him just messing around doing little dork tricks on a small ledge or flatbar or something, and then out of nowhere he proceeded to casually push up to a huge trash can just laying there on flat and pop the most perfect bs flip over it first try and then go straight back to trying more dork tricks. I remember me and my friends looking at each other like “who the hell is this dude?!”

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2021, 08:39:34 AM »
Any of you guys ever seen him skate in person? Seen him a few times at my local park and he doesn’t stop, he just keeps going, like he’s in a contest run or something but it’s for like an hour straight. Doesn’t stop to check his phone or stop to take a sip of water or to chit chat with others, he just circles the park hitting everything in his sight and just keeps skating and skating and if he misses a trick he just picks his board up and immediately moves on to the next trick, like he’s in a literal contest run. Dude skates like a hamster running in a wheel.

Before he was well known like he is now I remember seeing him just messing around doing little dork tricks on a small ledge or flatbar or something, and then out of nowhere he proceeded to casually push up to a huge trash can just laying there on flat and pop the most perfect bs flip over it first try and then go straight back to trying more dork tricks. I remember me and my friends looking at each other like “who the hell is this dude?!”
saw him (first try) do a front heel on a quarterpipe way above coping and its been burned into my memory ever since

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2021, 11:26:22 AM »
Quick browse through global moderators posts and there was no chance Nick Michel would ever be his cup of tea. If you're not riding max 7.6 boards, doing tech lines in massive shoes while wearing the standard "good fit" you might as well be pogoing to this guy.

wormtape

• Rep: 2
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2021, 11:57:27 AM »
20 year old zoomer here. nick is my fav modern skater cuz his skating seems really genuine to me. he doesn’t suck his own dick, he doesn’t try to come off as a cool guy, and he doesn’t fake his style, he just skates. basically he’s not putting on an act. those traits are really rare to see in modern skating (i blame instagram) and it’s really refreshing to see.

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2021, 12:19:27 PM »
so fuckin sweet. these guys captured my heart in 2015 and ive been in love ever since. so glad to see nick doing the damn thing for the crew.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2021, 12:25:20 PM »
not a real company..doesnt count

get a real fucking sponsor
says the dude that skates for wknd  :-\

Global Moderator

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2021, 02:32:25 PM »
Quick browse through global moderators posts and there was no chance Nick Michel would ever be his cup of tea. If you're not riding max 7.6 boards, doing tech lines in massive shoes while wearing the standard "good fit" you might as well be pogoing to this guy.

Dude, I don’t know dude. Sticking’s lame.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2021, 02:57:25 PM »
Where can I get his deck?

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2021, 03:52:37 PM »

The other dude's "joke" was just antagonistic without any real criticism, and the only response to your "who?" was my olive branch extension. Sometimes I wonder if you'll ever feel happy, man...
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2021, 05:36:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty interesting opinion for someone who rides a literal stick.

Decided to go with 7.4 for the spring. Feels great so far. Flips really quick, easy to control and gets me hyped to look down at.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 657
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2021, 05:50:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
This made me giggle out loud  ;D

Well deserved bump to pro. If you've seen those Lotties parts, you know that Nick's got it. On an unrelated note, was Nick ever on Krooked? I swear I have a vague memory of this but maybe I'm just getting old...

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2021, 05:56:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The other dude's "joke" was just antagonistic without any real criticism, and the only response to your "who?" was my olive branch extension. Sometimes I wonder if you'll ever feel happy, man...

i wonder that most days myself

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Pho King Hung Lo Mein

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2021, 05:59:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
This made me giggle out loud  ;D

Well deserved bump to pro. If you've seen those Lotties parts, you know that Nick's got it. On an unrelated note, was Nick ever on Krooked? I swear I have a vague memory of this but maybe I'm just getting old...

Nah   Though Nick had the opportunity after skating with Gonz in NYC, he never pursued it.  However, young Blake Norris, another Vegas shredder ended up getting down with the K.  Their age and similarity in style had lead some to confuse the two.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2021, 06:53:07 PM »
I'm in my 30's, and I don't care about Frog at all, but Nick Michel is an amazing skater and I enjoy the footage he puts out. He had standout footage in that Lotties/Vans edit which was loaded with "bigger names." Prior to being pro he was one of my favorite AMs alongside Kyle Wilson, Charlie Birch, and Joey O'Brien.

Pho King Hung Lo Mein

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2021, 07:45:58 PM »

Haha, I don't think any of us wish to come off too heavy on this.  But being a Vegas based skateboarder and seeing the Michel family in action  the last 20 years, we tend to treat our boy like the National Treasure that he is and we guard him accordingly.

As others have stated (in spririt) he is far too sweet and humble a kid to ever rise to his own defense, so we may feel the need to step to the Natsayers on his behalf from time to time.  You understand.

Global Moderator

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2021, 05:53:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Decided to go with 7.4 for the spring. Feels great so far. Flips really quick, easy to control and gets me hyped to look down at.

[close]

That board flipped so good! Everyone that’s riding an 8.5 deck and wondering with their kickflips suck should try a 7.5/7.625.

And the “Sticking’s Lame” quote was a well timed comedic response referencing my favorite Goldfish skit “The Parallel”. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 06:32:22 AM by Global Moderator »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2021, 07:45:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

That board flipped so good! Everyone that’s riding an 8.5 deck and wondering with their kickflips suck should try a 7.5/7.625.

And the “Sticking’s Lame” quote was a well timed comedic response referencing my favorite Goldfish skit “The Parallel”.
Word. I can't do skinny boards as I like my flip tricks slow and my muscle memory is tied to it at this point. I don't share the same taste in skate aesthetics as you do but I respect how stubborn you are about what you like.

Please post some skating in the post yourself skating thread. I'm curious what good skating with the right fits and board size look like in 2021.

froufroufox

• Rep: 30
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2021, 08:05:03 AM »
yes! this guy has been one of my favorites since the snotjob days. one of those people that seem to be able to do anything they want on a skateboard effortlessly.

I've loved every bit of footage he has put out.

Can't wait for his part in the Vans video.

this spot is down the street from me and that doesn’t make sense