Author Topic: Rad rat and Kelly/nine club beef  (Read 16988 times)

frontfootimpossible

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -25
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Rad rat and Kelly/nine club beef
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2021, 03:25:06 AM »
chris haslam needs to get a hair cut real job... its over pal
Quote from: Slap MessageBoards
frontfootimpossible,

You have received a warning for posting offensive material. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Slap MessageBoards Team.

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2021, 05:44:50 AM »

His big brother Bob's got it together.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2021, 05:57:01 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm not gonna be upset if someone talks shit on a youtuber. Comes with the territory when you try to gain notoriety in skateboarding without paying the legitimate dues.
[close]

He’s a skate nerd with a YouTube channel talking skate nerd shit.  It’s not like he’s trying to barge into the industry Remive style.

accidentally stumbled onto his page and he talked about going through a gnarly divorce…felt bad for the guy and watched some of his shit and liked it.   

Some UK parkcore dude did a video on stacy peralta this week that had me turn it off because he said most people outside of skateboarding knows who he is…which is bullshit a lot people know of him and his talented son who passed tragically

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2021, 07:45:42 AM »

thebacker

« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2021, 07:57:41 AM »
is gifted hater rad ratz lil bro?

D10S

• Rep: -60
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2021, 08:15:37 AM »
this is exactly the type of beef that will make the nine club even more bland...

WavyDavy

• Rep: 127
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2021, 08:20:39 AM »

The return of deca haslam

Are people really hating on rad rat? His videos are so wholesome and relaxing. He's not braille, revive or on of this other cringe YouTube skaters

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2021, 08:21:10 AM »
Who cares. Both fucking dorks

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -322
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2021, 09:00:40 AM »
is gifted hater rad ratz lil bro?

Hahahaha. This is the skateboard conspiracy theory I can get behind

only_symo

• Rep: -1
  • Older than you.
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2021, 01:30:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The return of deca haslam

Are people really hating on rad rat? His videos are so wholesome and relaxing. He's not braille, revive or on of this other cringe YouTube skaters

To be fair he does drag some old footie into the limelight.   Oh and he isn’t aresehole cryhole scientology cunt extraordinaire.  And to be fair he watched a video on slow mo and stated an opinion about haslams flip technique. 

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2021, 01:41:22 PM »
The bunt is the best

StillTryin

• Rep: 41
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2021, 02:02:12 PM »
I like Rad Rat but he is reaching for content pretty hard here.

His video is called "Does Chris Haslam CHEAT at laser flips" and not "Here's how Chris Haslam does laser flips" so if you're gonna clickbait and use aggro-ish/negg words like "cheat" for views (which is fine and RR knows this), expect the same level of aggro-ish/negging when it comes back around.

And even if you came to the conclusion that he didn't "cheat" and use this as a gotcha, you got some nerves assuming Chris Haslam watched the whole thing and is still acting in bad faith calling you out on a popular podcast. If you click bait and defuse the bait at the end of a video that's the kind of thing that can happen. Haslam probably skimmed through, had a good laugh and moved on.

Nothing that happens on the 9 Club is worth beefing over, and Rad Rat's name didn't even come up during the interview anyway, he had to wave his own flag to let people know who they were talking about lol.

Under-cooked, unsalted, weak beef.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2021, 02:06:55 PM »
Making an 8 minute video about another guy calling you a dork isn’t the best way to dispel rumors that you’re a dork
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Loady McGee

• Rep: 56
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2021, 03:34:52 PM »
A storm in a water glass is my verdict after watching what Kelly said.

I like both Kelly and Rad Rat. They are both super wholesome. Kelly has a very "jock from an early 00's american high school movie" type of appearance though. So if I didn't know who he was and just saw a picture of him, I would probably think he was the opposite of wholesome.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2021, 04:29:07 PM »
Kelly Hart is the jock dork that rode for Sugar for ten years because no one cared?

Rad Rad is an easy target and that makes Mr. Hart look even more toxic jock guy.   Rad Rat should have fucking common sense to know that a good majority of shuv it flip tricks involve a fucking scoop.

Sorry if I'm repeating anyone.

StillTryin

• Rep: 41
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2021, 04:49:24 PM »
Kelly Hart is the jock dork that rode for Sugar for ten years because no one cared?

Rad Rad is an easy target and that makes Mr. Hart look even more toxic jock guy.   Rad Rat should have fucking common sense to know that a good majority of shuv it flip tricks involve a fucking scoop.

In case you haven't watched the videos, Kelly has no idea who Haslam is talking about. He isn't targeting Rad Rat specifically.

Basically it goes like this.

1. Rad Rat makes video with clickbait title about Haslam cheating on a trick even though he doesn't actually think it's cheating.
2. Haslam goes on 9 Club and says "Some kids say I'm cheating and it's called a kiwi flip. I don't know what a kiwi flip is and IDGAF." does NOT name rad rat.
3. Kelly calls them fucking dorks, whoever they are in general.
4. Rad Rat makes a video response about being called a fucking dork by Kelly.

Whether Kelly is a jock or not, I highly doubt he would call someone specifically a fucking dork on 9 club, the nicest and friendliest skateboarding show out there. He just threw this out not knowing who it was. I really can't picture Kelly Hart going "This Rad Rat kid is a fucking dork" in the context of the nine club. It's Rad Rat who went "HEY GUYS HE'S TALKING ABOUT ME" after the fact. If he didn't do a video response there wouldn't be a 4 page thread about this on here.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 05:04:26 PM by StillTryin »

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2021, 06:18:29 PM »
they made up, you ding-dongs

cky enthusiast

« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2021, 07:18:48 PM »
i want rad rat to review eastern exposure 2

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2021, 07:33:01 PM »
I want Rad Rat to land any of the tricks he ‘reviews’.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Loki700

• Rep: 78
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2021, 07:47:43 PM »
I dunno wtf the Rat expected... "cheat" is a very charged word.... as far as I'm concerned he insulted Haslam first.

No wonder Rat's wife left him... he sucks.
He said he doesn’t think it’s cheating in the video.

He made a clickbait title, which has been the norm on YouTube for years, and then said “nah he’s not cheating”.

Kelly called him a dork, but not really directly.  Rad Rat definitely took more offense than I think he should have, but whatever.

Rad Rat is fucking Rad, it’s right there in the name man.  Plus of course he’s a dork, that’s what makes him so awesome.  To be really into skateboarding, you have to be kind of a dork.  Plus since he grew a beard, dude’s handsome as fuck.  He can smash my ass anytime.
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2021, 07:52:50 PM »
/thread

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2021, 09:19:45 PM »
Expand Quote
I dunno wtf the Rat expected... "cheat" is a very charged word.... as far as I'm concerned he insulted Haslam first.

No wonder Rat's wife left him... he sucks.
[close]
He said he doesn’t think it’s cheating in the video.

He made a clickbait title, which has been the norm on YouTube for years, and then said “nah he’s not cheating”.

Kelly called him a dork, but not really directly.  Rad Rat definitely took more offense than I think he should have, but whatever.

Rad Rat is fucking Rad, it’s right there in the name man.  Plus of course he’s a dork, that’s what makes him so awesome.  To be really into skateboarding, you have to be kind of a dork.  Plus since he grew a beard, dude’s handsome as fuck.  He can smash my ass anytime.

Bonus points.

I'm with you Rad.

Kelly dropped the ball with Active Erika a long time ago; Whose really the dork?

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2021, 10:00:20 PM »
I want Rad Rat to land any of the tricks he ‘reviews’.

The best I could pull up is that he is some freestyle asphalt driveway lord. I get the appeal if you're in that type of shit and are socially awkward + residing in similar part of the earth; it's one of the reasons I love skateboarding as every version of it is out there for someone. Although I don't get the appeal to the talking at the camera YouTube skaters, I can understand how people get into it due to a lack of critical thinking and default addiction to technology/ring lights.

Also:
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2021, 04:08:28 AM »
Just some dorks on dorky ass shit. God bless em both and that ugly trick too.

Shuh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2021, 04:24:45 AM »
Just some dorks on dorky ass shit. God bless em both and that ugly trick too.

Hmm some dork on dork action you say?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2021, 05:04:44 AM »
Damn, rad rat looking handsome as fuck now.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2021, 05:47:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
In case you haven't watched the videos, Kelly has no idea who Haslam is talking about. He isn't targeting Rad Rat specifically.

Basically it goes like this.

1. Rad Rat makes video with clickbait title about Haslam cheating on a trick even though he doesn't actually think it's cheating.
2. Haslam goes on 9 Club and says "Some kids say I'm cheating and it's called a kiwi flip. I don't know what a kiwi flip is and IDGAF." does NOT name rad rat.
3. Kelly calls them fucking dorks, whoever they are in general.
4. Rad Rat makes a video response about being called a fucking dork by Kelly.

Whether Kelly is a jock or not, I highly doubt he would call someone specifically a fucking dork on 9 club, the nicest and friendliest skateboarding show out there. He just threw this out not knowing who it was. I really can't picture Kelly Hart going "This Rad Rat kid is a fucking dork" in the context of the nine club. It's Rad Rat who went "HEY GUYS HE'S TALKING ABOUT ME" after the fact. If he didn't do a video response there wouldn't be a 4 page thread about this on here.

I didn't watch the KH thing.  I made an ass of myself assumin he directly called RR a dork.   I should have know better.    I'm out here lookin like Rudy Guliani now. 

Still seems out of character for Kelly and the show in general.   

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2021, 06:36:51 AM »
    Is he really trying to say that just because you use your back foot in combination with the front that it’s cheating? Kelly’s a jock but he’s definitely right about this one. You don’t call out Haslom and Ishod for being cheaters just for using a little pocket action. Back foot pressure and scoop is the key to most flip tricks. He’s not only a dork but a very pretentious one at that. I’m a dork too but at least I’ve got enough self awareness to not get pissed if someone calls me one.....don’t let that sexy beard go to your head Rat.

You obviously only read the title and didn't watch the video but anyways, he has a point; if the flip is actually happening from the back foot then is it technically the same trick? Now personally, I see what Haslam and Ishod are doing as both being legit lazer flips but it's an interesting point to bring up at the least. Yes, the title is clickbait.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2021, 07:23:07 AM »
Can we change the subject and talk about how Chris doesn’t think ams should be paid?

HowMakeBoardFlip

• Rep: -4
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2021, 01:30:59 PM »
Imagine several middle-aged men arguing about laser flips.

What even is skateboarding these days? A tragic.

Yeah imagine if there was an internet message board exactly like this...would be a tragic for sure.

Still funny that the 9club crew is complaining about this though, the same guys who have probably spent hours collectively arguing about nosegrind vs overcrook and other variations nobody actually cares about IRL.