Author Topic: Annoying Behaviors at Skateparks  (Read 9332 times)

WinterWarlock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Annoying Behaviors at Skateparks
« on: November 06, 2021, 05:04:03 PM »
Let's talk about what makes skateparks unbearable at times. All y'all who need to vent about the low caliber people commonly found at skateparks, please chime in. I'll start with a few of my pet peeves:

1. People who skate like 4 feet behind you when you're attempting a ledge trick. Seriously, don't tailgate me when I'm trying a goddamn ledge trick. I get it, you want to get around me and do circles around the skatepark perimeter, but I'm clearly trying a trick, and it's pretty rude to just ride directly behind me. Basically, if I don't land the trick, the idiot  is all up in my business when I don't land it. Let people try their tricks, and go when it's your time. This usually happens with those ledges that are in some claustrophobic corridor along the edge of a park.

2. People who take up space and do anything but actual skateboarding. Especially lame ass middle school kids who are clearly just waiting for a ride home. How about actually doing some skateboarding when you're at the skatepark?

3. Kids who have an attitude because they're better than their peers. We get it, you're a 7 year old who can kickflip. Your doing better than most, but you ain't that dope and you don't own the place.

4. Little kids who snake you repeatedly on mini ramps. They fully are aware of the concept of taking turns, but don't seem to care. Well you don't get a pass from me just because you're a kid.

5. Parents who watch from afar in their cars while their sucky kids perpetrate all sorts of offenses. How about teaching your kids some park etiquette?

6. Scooterists who do that crazy tailwhip trick where they raise the scooter as high as possible mid-tailwhip. Seriously, what up with that? That's extremely hazardous and not even an impressive trick. What a bunch of no talent losers who can't put in the effort or time to learn to ollie and ride a skateboard. It really is pathetic.

End of rant, looking forward to hearing what others have to say. Obviously the scooter phenomenon has accelerated these sorts of problems.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 07:01:37 PM by WinterWarlock »

IpathCats

Re: Annoying Behaviors at Skateparks
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 07:30:01 PM »
I hate it when the kids all make fun of me for being old.

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 07:51:26 PM »
People asking me what I’m eating. It’s a fucking kale salad. Haven’t they seen kale before?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 08:03:10 PM »
The RC car crowd.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 185
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 08:06:29 PM »
Spiting

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 08:24:08 PM »
Spiting

I routinely do tricks out of spite.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 185
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 08:28:51 PM »
I've got so many learning disabilities I could care

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2021, 08:34:20 PM »
When I cheat my laser flips and someone says nice kiwi flip

Fuckin dorks

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2021, 08:39:55 PM »
When someone beats me at SKATE .

pro club blanks

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2021, 09:00:30 PM »
Dudes who clearly don't skate drawing unnecessary scrutiny to the park drinking, smoking and being obnoxious

splog

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2021, 09:28:19 PM »
when kids come up and ask me to a game of skate and i pass on it and tell them i barely have any good flatground so it wouldnt be fun for them and they immediately pout and get mad

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2021, 09:31:51 PM »
spitting on the park, especially spitting gum on the ground at the park.

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2021, 09:59:03 PM »
Littering and ridiculously stupid teen conversations.  I can handle the park for about 40min tops. Spend more time in parking lots skating curbs, etc.

splog

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2021, 10:03:03 PM »
Littering and ridiculously stupid teen conversations.  I can handle the park for about 40min tops. Spend more time in parking lots skating curbs, etc.
Lol this gets to me too. Having to sit and listen to the local group of 15 year olds talk about stupid shit on tiktok and shoplifting from the local store makes me lose my shit. Have had to just leave the park altogether because of being subjected to unwillingly eavesdropping kids dumb ass convos

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2021, 10:14:03 PM »
Parents that treat the skatepark like daycare.

Showing up when a ton of people are already there then making demands.

As if everyone is supposed to stop skating so their kid and knee scoot around and/or sit on ramps.

Learning is one thing, I have patience for that.

But having a parent tell me to not ride fast as they're scared for their kid is another thing.

Then ask me to not play certain music on my speaker because they don't want their kids listening to that type of music (and for the record, I was playing Descendents)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2021, 10:36:23 PM »
About every 2-3 years I have some injury/health issue and have to take some time off skating.
The idea of going to a western Sydney skatepark is really making coming back not very appealing.

No place on earth has more absolute bogan animals while also having hoards of omega level Karens.

Me to kid "Hey buddy can you not kick your football here?"
Some mum:" it's a fucking public park he can do whatever he wants!
Me: "no, it's a skatepark. It's for skateboarding"
Dipshit lady: "me and my husband pay way more taxes than you we can use any public park we want. We basically paid for all this"
Me:"well that's a public road over there, why don't you go lay down on it"
Her: "oh you just wait till my husband gets here"

She calls her husband and about an hour later some guy who looks like Gilbert godfried shows up and wants nothing to do with it. They leave in one of those porche 4wds.
But it was 5050. some 200kg crusty demon could of shown up with his boys to beat up some skater fags.

Something like this will happen To a skater probably 50 weekends out of a year

chrisskates808

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2021, 11:28:33 PM »
I don’t mind if the kids are at the park but just please supervise them. I hate to run into them and it’s gonna be my fault for that. Who knows if the parents yell at me too. 

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2021, 02:33:41 AM »
Everyone blasting their own music, can't handle three different speakers blasting same shitty trap music at the same time

Also airpod users at crowded parks

Filming when park is hella crowded thinking that you have privilage to snake anyone

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2021, 02:47:32 AM »
Little scooter kids doing fly outs and making eye contact with you every time they get close to landing a trick, like “DID YOU SEE THAT”

Edit: forgot to mention people who just hang out at the skatepark, don’t even bring a board or anything
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 07:00:51 AM by RottenToTheCore »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2021, 02:57:32 AM »
Smoking anywhere remotely near where people are skating

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 55
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2021, 02:59:13 AM »
About every 2-3 years I have some injury/health issue and have to take some time off skating.
The idea of going to a western Sydney skatepark is really making coming back not very appealing.

No place on earth has more absolute bogan animals while also having hoards of omega level Karens.

Me to kid "Hey buddy can you not kick your football here?"
Some mum:" it's a fucking public park he can do whatever he wants!
Me: "no, it's a skatepark. It's for skateboarding"
Dipshit lady: "me and my husband pay way more taxes than you we can use any public park we want. We basically paid for all this"
Me:"well that's a public road over there, why don't you go lay down on it"
Her: "oh you just wait till my husband gets here"

She calls her husband and about an hour later some guy who looks like Gilbert godfried shows up and wants nothing to do with it. They leave in one of those porche 4wds.
But it was 5050. some 200kg crusty demon could of shown up with his boys to beat up some skater fags.

Something like this will happen To a skater probably 50 weekends out of a year

I can totally relate.

Last year I used to go to a local skatepark early to beat the scooters and there was this dad and preteen setting up obstacles for a remote control car.

The car used to cruise around the plaza style course, go up the curbs cuts and the wedge ramps.

I would just skate through its route, and ollie it or do a dramatic power slide just in time to avoid hitting it.

My kid was learning to skate at that time, and she used to push around and hit the ramps, but would stop when the remote control car came out. She was scared of it going under her wheels.

Unphased, the renote control car duo would set up every week and whizz around the park.

After a few weeks of this I tried diplomacy.

"Can you do that over there in the car park?"

"We have as much right to use this as you do."

"Um no. It's a skate park. You can drive your car somewhere else but it is hard for us to skate in other places. We get kicked out. Or we get a sermon from citizens about how dangerous and degenerate we are. We are doing the right thing. We are skating here where we are supposed to."

"You can stay in that part of the skatepark and we will stay here."

By now the remote control car kid is looking really embarrassed at his obnoxious father.

"No. We skate the whole park. It is designed that way."

"Well if you want the whole place to yourself come back later."

We don't leave.

We skate as best we can. I work the ledge as close to them as possible. They do their best not to give an inch of ground.

After a while friend shows up and doesn't need to be briefed. He just gives me a wink and both of us try our best to hit the remote control car.

We push like maniacs towards it.

They left a box on top of one of the ledge/boxes and my friend ollies up and manuals into the box and bails making a dramatic yelp: "argh".

The kid goes and talks to the dad and they pack up their stuff.
I never saw them after that.

But there have been other equally stupid manoeuvres: parents getting kids at a birthday in the public park alongside the skate park to queue through the skate park to hit a pinata on a tree.

It was like peak skate time and the plaza was packed with middle agers like me and lots of teenager pumped off watching the latest FA video.

When one of my friends suggested queuing in another direction the birthday mum blasted him and got into an argument.

The teenage skaters decided they couldn't wait anymore and started skating through the plaza fast, treflipping and big spinning off things and it turns a bit anarchial.

The birthday mum tells my friend that if any kids get hit then he is to blame.

"I'm not the one who told infants to line up across a skate park while there are at least 20 people skating it".

Some other parent decided that a slight change of angle for the queue was much easier than debating liability, civics and ethics with a fired up birthday party mum.

And the day was saved. Though the parents kept glaring at us.

Then when the pinata smashing was over they left all their rubbish and crap everywhere.

And they call us animals.

Now we go to curbs instead and have mild discussions on what constitutes damage to concrete with a bored security guard.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2021, 03:01:32 AM »
When I cheat my laser flips and someone says nice kiwi flip

Fuckin dorks

;D ;D ;D

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2021, 03:43:18 AM »
I like the skatepark when crack heads aren’t pulling guns : )

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -33
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2021, 03:55:00 AM »
People asking me what I’m eating. It’s a fucking kale salad. Haven’t they seen kale before?
This reminded me of something to add. Why the fuck do people eat at skateparks? Who wants to eat some salad while they watch some sweaty ass scooter kids doing tail whips. The kid was probably pissed off watching you enjoy your meal after he bailed his tre flip for the 1000th time. Eat at home like a normal person or find a table outside of the skate park where you can enjoy it without smelling stinky swamp ass.

Also kids with headphones in both ears. Just pull one out so you can hear if you’re about to get speared by an overweight man on a reissue board going through a mid life crisis. I’ve seen kids get demolished and pop both pods back in ready for round 2.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2021, 04:16:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This reminded me of something to add. Why the fuck do people eat at skateparks? Who wants to eat some salad while they watch some sweaty ass scooter kids doing tail whips. The kid was probably pissed off watching you enjoy your meal after he bailed his tre flip for the 1000th time. Eat at home like a normal person or find a table outside of the skate park where you can enjoy it without smelling stinky swamp ass.

Also kids with headphones in both ears. Just pull one out so you can hear if you’re about to get speared by an overweight man on a reissue board going through a mid life crisis. I’ve seen kids get demolished and pop both pods back in ready for round 2.

Holy moly  ;D ;D

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2021, 04:37:11 AM »
Performative “are you ok” after someone barely falls

astro

• Rep: 2
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2021, 05:46:11 AM »
not a fan of mtbs or even bmx at the park they're dangerous and fuck up the ledges

anyone running long lines through the whole park when it's busy

Bluetooth speaker music

dogs off their leash

« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 05:55:50 AM by astro »

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2021, 05:47:31 AM »
Performative “are you ok” after someone barely falls
Hahahaha the next best one is the kabuki theater-esque "no, you go ahead" when you and another person are both skating the same obstacle. Both being super deferential and eventually one guy goes.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2021, 05:57:13 AM »
The average person’s skatepark etiquette was a lot worse a decade ago.

These days Littering at the park is the most annoying to me. I also hate when people try their shitty graffiti  out at the park. Like if its cool looking that’s one thing, but 90% of the time it’s not.

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2021, 06:40:23 AM »
not a fan of mtbs or even bmx at the park they're dangerous and fuck up the ledges

I agree but can’t help but notice the irony in this