Author Topic: new chocolate vid "bunny hop"  (Read 45663 times)

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: new chocolate vid "bunny hop"
« Reply #450 on: December 24, 2021, 10:36:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
why do you keep talking about max palmer? he isn’t in this video
[close]

Weirder to bring up Genesis as if he’s been a source of discussion or admiration of late (or ever)
[close]

I brought up Genesis because people got mad about my own opinion of his tricks and that he’s “pro AF” and are the same posters going all in on VA. Many also worship Max as most of this forum and Max and Vincent both do their share of the same shit over and over and even share a few tricks consistently. But somehow VA deserves hate because people can’t get over their weird Chocolate nostalgia boner.

Not many skate teams last a long time with a consistent roster and image and most go downhill, but people pile it on for Crail craig.

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #451 on: December 25, 2021, 12:15:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Weirder to bring up Genesis as if he’s been a source of discussion or admiration of late (or ever)
[close]

I brought up Genesis because people got mad about my own opinion of his tricks and that he’s “pro AF” and are the same posters going all in on VA. Many also worship Max as most of this forum and Max and Vincent both do their share of the same shit over and over and even share a few tricks consistently. But somehow VA deserves hate because people can’t get over their weird Chocolate nostalgia boner.

I wrote that and at first wanted to disagree with you but I rewatched his part in bunny hop and yeah, I don’t really like his skating but I don’t hate it either, bunny hop sucked tho

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #452 on: December 25, 2021, 05:11:25 AM »
I think, as someone mentioned before, that they have tried to capitalize on their legacy. But they are a legacy brand nowadays, I think it has been done not very well but it was there.

Jordan Trahan should have had last part.

I didn't mind the video in itself as it made me appreciate Capps and Erik who were not really on my radar.

TBH I don't understand the Carlisle hype, he seems like a fashiony NY dude who's trying to push a fake Heitor style.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #453 on: December 25, 2021, 05:57:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not many skate teams last a long time with a consistent roster and image and most go downhill, but people pile it on for Crail.

dude we get it, you don’t like Max Palmer.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #454 on: December 25, 2021, 06:13:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not many skate teams last a long time with a consistent roster and image and most go downhill, but people pile it on for Crail.
[close]

dude we get it, you don’t like Max Palmer.

I like this guy. When he doesn't like something.... He really doesn't like something.

Whatever you do don't mention Royal Trucks
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

LebowskisRug

« Reply #455 on: December 25, 2021, 07:44:41 AM »
I don’t hate Max just find this board’s obsession a bit misplaced considering the selective criticisms doled out.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
« Reply #456 on: December 25, 2021, 08:22:08 AM »
this video makes me want to buy a Chocolate board. I haven’t had one in 15 years

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #457 on: December 25, 2021, 08:28:13 AM »
There was a short guy I was friends with in high school who rode a bmx, but wasn’t a bmx-er.   He could do one trick on a skateboard and it was an inch high nollie big spin flip.   Flipped it fast, landed it clean, but wasn’t great to look at.   That’s what watching VA skate reminds me of

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #458 on: December 25, 2021, 08:34:38 AM »
I don’t hate Max just find this board’s obsession a bit misplaced considering the selective criticisms doled out.

You’re the only one bringing him up here.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #459 on: December 25, 2021, 08:43:06 AM »
Ya cuz I’m the only one using an example of a skater mostly because it’s who came to mind that also does nose slide 270s and the same shit over and over.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #460 on: December 25, 2021, 08:44:49 AM »
Ya cuz I’m the only one using an example of a skater mostly because it’s who came to mind that also does nose slide 270s and the same shit over and over.

this is literally incorrect lol

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #461 on: December 25, 2021, 08:50:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this is literally incorrect lol

Also, one releases footage quite regularly so go to tricks are much more understandable (Max) while the other has a part every couple of years so the similarities are glaring

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #462 on: December 25, 2021, 09:00:15 AM »
are we all talking about the same Max Palmer?

I’m not seeing many repeated tricks. I’m seeing variety. I’m seeing inventive uses of spots that are still ahead of what anyone else is doing. I saw a front nose on a fucking wall. And most of all, I’m seeing an edit that’s flattering to his abilities. To each their own as to you who like better, but to say these two skaters suffer from the same criticisms is objectively not true and to suggest it is just being a contrarian.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #463 on: December 25, 2021, 09:28:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
obsession? it’s fucking christmas morning and you’re posting about max palmer in a thread that has nothing to do with max palmer

to be fair this thread has got me marathoning Max Palmer parts while I wait for family to arrive which is a nice gift in and of itself :)

LebowskisRug

« Reply #464 on: December 25, 2021, 09:46:39 AM »
Max does front noseslides and nose slide/nose bonk 270 variations quite often. Both dudes have some slop to their skating but one is cool the other is passé. Max mostly does kickflips, a few tres or switch flips thrown around and Vince does heel flip variations. Lots of skaters are somewhat limited and the irony is in which ones get shit on and which are celebrated.

I don’t FFWD Max parts. They’re often a nice break from normal but I don’t seek them out. His firecracker stuff is pretty nuts, but at the same time there’s only so much of one person skating one feature of one spot I can handle.

Also you do realize that the majority of the world doesn’t celebrate Christmas right? Just a lazy Saturday.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #465 on: December 25, 2021, 09:53:23 AM »
Finally got around to watching this after holiday obligations got in the way on several attempts at watching it.

Erik Harrera is very satisfying to watch. He's just got one of those beautiful styles like Joey Guevara. His long bs noseblunt and the kickflip over the row of mailboxes were standouts for me.

Jordan Trahan is on some other shit and I love it. He's like if you mashed together the skill of JJ and Westgate.

Carl is a killer and looks great doing it. I couldn't rock his fits myself, but I appreciate his look.

Honestly I skipped the intro because I wanted to just get to the skating, but overall, that was better than I expected.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #466 on: December 25, 2021, 10:01:29 AM »
Max does front noseslides and nose slide/nose bonk 270 variations quite often. Both dudes have some slop to their skating but one is cool the other is passé. Max mostly does kickflips, a few tres or switch flips thrown around and Vince does heel flip variations. Lots of skaters are somewhat limited and the irony is in which ones get shit on and which are celebrated.

I don’t FFWD Max parts. They’re often a nice break from normal but I don’t seek them out. His firecracker stuff is pretty nuts, but at the same time there’s only so much of one person skating one feature of one spot I can handle.

Also you do realize that the majority of the world doesn’t celebrate Christmas right? Just a lazy Saturday.

I watched three Max Palmer parts in a row and saw fewer noseslide 270’s than this one Vincent part. And the ones Max did were on far more interesting and difficult spots. You’re really reaching here.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #467 on: December 25, 2021, 10:18:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Watched it again, the Slap collective might be sleeping on VA’s part. Bro is regular but only did 5 or 6 regular stance tricks, everything else was switch or fakie. That’s some Andrew Allen type shit.
[close]

Was thinking the same. Honestly really bummed me out to hear people shitting on his part. He was super productive this year and deserves some recognition for that.
[close]

As someone else said it’s quality over quantity. And out of a two song and likely 50+ trick part there are a whopping SIX fuckin grinds, and of the few flip tricks he does they’re either a heelflip or something fakie. All this old, boring, no pop motherfucker does is spin and slide; it’s not appealing and nowhere near reminiscent of AA’s approach to skating, which mind you completely revolves around injury, not just…I dunno, not being good? I’m sure VA is super nice/fun and most definitely was extremely loyal to Crail (though where else would he go?) so it’s not surprising he had last part, but it most definitely wasn’t based on his skills. It’s a really boring and repetitive part that closed out an otherwise amazing video.

For what it's worth, I don't think VA and AA have a similar approach to skating, but about the injury thing, didn't VA come off of a bad knee injury a little while back and couldn't skate the same after? I think it's gnarly that he's still so productive. If you aren't into his style or trick selection, then that's fine, but kinda unfair to label him as not good.

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #468 on: December 25, 2021, 01:26:11 PM »

MP good style, VA not very good style, it’s that simple

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #469 on: December 25, 2021, 01:41:31 PM »
so pretty late to the party because of that christmas stuff I just managed to watch it in one sitting.

why does raven has so little footage? was he injured?

herrera, trahan and aikens had the best parts imo, liked the spot selection in the video for the most part

stevies lipslide looked hella gnarly, like he would almost bail this shit in the midst of the slide

merry christmas yall

LebowskisRug

« Reply #470 on: December 25, 2021, 03:11:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lolriiiigggghhhtttt. I think this board is obsessed with Max and how loose their trucks can get and people identify with his style because they’re imagining what it might be like if they were better.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #471 on: December 25, 2021, 03:28:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Lolriiiigggghhhtttt. I think this board is obsessed with Max and how loose their trucks can get and people identify with his style because they’re imagining what it might be like if they were better.

Again, you’re the one that keeps bringing him up by drawing comparisons that, frankly, are really fucking stupid.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #472 on: December 25, 2021, 04:03:25 PM »
 :o
Expand Quote

[close]

Swithflip good style. Yall, ducking forks...

LebowskisRug

« Reply #473 on: December 25, 2021, 06:56:23 PM »
Do you work for Olympia or just like the shop? Web ordered from there quite a few times

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #474 on: December 25, 2021, 07:40:40 PM »
Do you work for Olympia or just like the shop? Web ordered from there quite a few times

Just a friend. They’re good folks who really hold it down for the community.

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #475 on: December 25, 2021, 08:08:01 PM »
That was a really good video

sharkbarf

• Rep: 2
« Reply #476 on: December 25, 2021, 10:57:12 PM »
Kenny Anderson really got the pass huh?

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -466
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #477 on: December 26, 2021, 09:22:00 AM »
Adam Dyet just posted a kickflip backtail down the Hollywood high 12 that is from years ago on his Instagram, and I’m trying to think of a single trick in this video that is better than that. Damn getting beat out by Adam Dyet.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #478 on: December 26, 2021, 10:15:32 AM »
Adam Dyet just posted a kickflip backtail down the Hollywood high 12 that is from years ago on his Instagram, and I’m trying to think of a single trick in this video that is better than that. Damn getting beat out by Adam Dyet.

Damn following Adam Dyet.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 375
« Reply #479 on: December 26, 2021, 11:15:06 AM »

Jordan Trahan pushing, Stevie Perez’s gargantuan front lip that he’s straight up absolutely clinging on to, Erik Herrera’s back noseblunt in a line, his front teeth…
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E