Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 429999 times)

RoughStylin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #2130 on: April 03, 2023, 08:26:29 AM »
I'm pretty much in agreement with @Newphone. Steezus might be corny but at least he's a positive influence on the people who who follow him. The comments GH made that were like 'can Steezus even tre flip?' and 'he only has 50k followers on instagram' were kinda ridiculous and immature.

Who gives a fuck if he can Tre Flip. I wanna know if that fucker can Christ Air.
I don't like to get into this kind of topic but I'm pretty sure GH grew up with a lot more 'privilege' in his upper middle class San Diego family than Steezus ever had, yet here he is kicking him while he's down.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2131 on: April 03, 2023, 08:36:06 AM »
I'm pretty much in agreement with @Newphone. Steezus might be corny but at least he's a positive influence on the people who who follow him. The comments GH made that were like 'can Steezus even tre flip?' and 'he only has 50k followers on instagram' were kinda ridiculous and immature.

I don't like to get into this kind of topic but I'm pretty sure GH grew up with a lot more 'privilege' in his upper middle class San Diego family than Steezus ever had, yet here he is kicking him while he's down.

Also agreed. Mikey Alfred was GH's perfect target. Mikey's more privileged than Joa, so the hate towards Alfred isn't jarring.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -531
« Reply #2132 on: April 03, 2023, 08:47:02 AM »
Expand Quote

hot takes on our slaps favorite lurker
[close]

GH's points are all fair. He's not randomly hating on some defenseless industry employee who's just trying to get by, this a response to how SC decided to present himself publicly. I don't have an issue with SC, he's just a cog in the weird grind-set capitalistic delusion that seemingly infects low to mid-tier male influencers, but come on.. that bio is hard to stomach.

No shit they’re fair, we already talked about that bio a couple months ago and you don’t need to subscribe to slaps patron or listen to our squeaky voices.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #2133 on: April 03, 2023, 09:19:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm not watching 10 minutes of a pointless roast session on some dude that's just one of the chill homeys. Anybody that hasn't come to terms with the fact he's just there to vibe is weird. GH going in for no particular reason is weird.
[close]

Pretty reasonable and deserved roast in my opinion

For some fluffed up cover letter on whatever his next stop is? Again this was a weird reason to cook somebody for 10 minutes. Did he do something crazy that I'm missing?

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2134 on: April 03, 2023, 09:26:13 AM »
Late 30s dudes praising a 26-year old for being rude, disrespectful, and hateful to someone they would never talk to in person is sad

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #2135 on: April 03, 2023, 09:29:25 AM »
I saw Steezus Christ at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Roast deserved in my opinion, that interaction changed my entire opinion of him.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
« Reply #2136 on: April 03, 2023, 09:32:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm not watching 10 minutes of a pointless roast session on some dude that's just one of the chill homeys. Anybody that hasn't come to terms with the fact he's just there to vibe is weird. GH going in for no particular reason is weird.
[close]

[close]

For some fluffed up cover letter on whatever his next stop is? Again this was a weird reason to cook somebody for 10 minutes. Did he do something crazy that I'm missing?
You should actually watch the clip.  And "toxic positivity" is a phrase I will be adding to my vernacular for sure. 15-love gifted hater.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #2137 on: April 03, 2023, 09:40:56 AM »
I saw Steezus Christ at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Roast deserved in my opinion, that interaction changed my entire opinion of him.

What an Idiot.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2138 on: April 03, 2023, 09:43:41 AM »

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-saw-flying-lotus-in-a-grocery-store-copypasta

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #2139 on: April 03, 2023, 09:45:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you’re the best internet detective of all time

manysnakes

« Reply #2140 on: April 03, 2023, 09:55:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is fake? I'm shook.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 115
« Reply #2141 on: April 03, 2023, 11:06:04 AM »
steezyus deserves to be clowned on for that bio. some of the most smug, fart sniffing shit ive ever seen

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2142 on: April 03, 2023, 11:16:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

He’s just having a laugh at how ridiculously overblown the bio is for someone who essentially does nothing.  And the Black Ops 4 fitted hat.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 142
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #2143 on: April 03, 2023, 12:20:38 PM »

Ah yes, Steezus' followers (aka the Steezus Christians) have been positively influenced all over the world. He's saved the children, one limited-drop-sneaker-pair-purchase at a time.

To be fair I wouldn't say slap loves gifted hater. It's probably 30% positive, 30% negative and 40% don't care.
I think just now that the threads in the 70 pages mark it's less about all thoughts on GH and more mostly just for the fans

Exactly. There's probably more indifference and dislike than like at this point.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #2144 on: April 03, 2023, 03:49:47 PM »
only way to squash this is gh vs steezus in call of duty

lurkluke

• Rep: 210
« Reply #2145 on: April 03, 2023, 04:03:40 PM »
at first I thought this was a pretty unfair. Steezus seems nice, but a bit naive. But yeah that bio is fair game and anyone should be able to laugh at that.

He definitely paid someone to write it for him and it's funny as fuck.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 465
« Reply #2146 on: April 03, 2023, 04:12:10 PM »
I've come full circle on GH. Initially thought he was just an annoying squeaky kid. Then he grew on me a bit. Watched all his content, then he started annoying me again but not to the same degree at least. I can appreciate him a bit more now though. His takes on music are probably the worst and it seems like the more success he has the softer he is getting. I want to hear him go all out on Joey B but he's still holding on to the hope of getting a free pair of red FP Decenzo's...

Giftedly Hater’d

• Rep: 415
« Reply #2147 on: April 03, 2023, 04:40:26 PM »
Joadas Iscariot

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 534
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2148 on: April 03, 2023, 05:07:33 PM »
It's been over a year of this thread, started a poll to see how everyone feels about GH

lurkluke

• Rep: 210
« Reply #2149 on: April 03, 2023, 06:31:00 PM »
It's been over a year of this thread, started a poll to see how everyone feels about GH

only 14 votes. This is why democracy is a failed experiment.

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #2150 on: April 03, 2023, 08:54:03 PM »
Steezus did it to himself - that cringey biography is definitely fair game.

Cesar Vialpando

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2151 on: April 04, 2023, 04:09:59 AM »
Anyone know the origin story of his name,  Steezus Christ. 

Got to clown this kinda character.  Otherwise more and more will keep cropping up.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 534
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2152 on: April 04, 2023, 05:56:59 AM »

Got to clown this kinda character.  Otherwise more and more will keep cropping up.
He starts talking about it in this vid @25:20

His homie from Kansas City called him it on twitter one time and he ran with it - then flew out to California and Mike Mo was the first person to call him Steezus in real life. When he moved out to CA, the berrics put his title as Steezus Christ in his ‘First Try Fridays’ with P-Rod

Cesar Vialpando

« Reply #2153 on: April 04, 2023, 06:02:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

His homie from Kansas City called him it on twitter one time and he ran with it - then flew out to California and Mike Mo was the first person to call him Steezus in real life. When he moved out to CA, the berrics put his title as Steezus Christ in his ‘First Try Fridays’ with P-Rod

fair enough.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -531
« Reply #2154 on: April 04, 2023, 06:05:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

fair enough.

He could help himself a lot by either dropping the “Christ” or adding middle initial “H”.

Cesar Vialpando

« Reply #2155 on: April 04, 2023, 06:45:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

fair enough.
[close]

He could help himself a lot by either dropping the “Christ” or adding middle initial “H”.

George Costanza wanting to be known as "T-Bone".  Same thing

dill8849

• Rep: -42
« Reply #2156 on: April 04, 2023, 08:38:44 AM »
I mean when you use all those descriptions and buzz words in your bio, you better expect some criticism. I think the video was totally fair. To this day, I still don't know what Steezus does and how made it in the skateboard industry? (In his case, what does that even mean?) I feel like if you wrote the same bio for Bam Margera and added some actual skateboard accomplishments then it wouldn't be so untrue lol. He's probably a great guy in person, but I just don't understand what he does.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 912
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #2157 on: April 04, 2023, 08:39:46 AM »
at first I thought this was a pretty unfair. Steezus seems nice, but a bit naive. But yeah that bio is fair game and anyone should be able to laugh at that.

Anyone know when this bio came out? Feels like a ChatGPT thing.

manysnakes

« Reply #2158 on: April 04, 2023, 08:56:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Anyone know when this bio came out? Feels like a ChatGPT thing.

We've been joking about it here for several years.

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -306
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2159 on: April 04, 2023, 09:08:05 AM »
Steezus is a meme and a culture vulture. He even slaps skateboarding in the face saying he’s “transcended” it like he’s reached nirvana in life with his toxic positivity.