Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 420530 times)

HeavyAndExpensive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 114
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #3990 on: March 21, 2024, 06:42:16 AM »
Jeffwon seems like a really unfun dude to be around.

D10S

• Rep: -59
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #3991 on: March 21, 2024, 07:00:30 AM »
I thoroughly enjoyed this. Props to all involved. The judges were super funny and Jeff's comeback despite having the judges against him gave me closure.

Was legit stoked on:
ricky's dark slide
the hardflip
jeff heelfliping 11 mid-run (honorable mention: double tre flip)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
« Reply #3992 on: March 21, 2024, 07:15:30 AM »

I can totally see that. I did like his "I don't even know why I'm here, I'm not a youtuber" and the shade throw at his (former?) board sponsor for the deck breaking.

He did come across as taking a parody contest too seriously, but hey, i guess the money was real

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3993 on: March 21, 2024, 07:42:42 AM »
I was stoked Joa had invited me out for this contest. Bryan, Ricky, and Joa all make a living from youtube, I do not. Which is why I said I was confused as to why I was invited. That's also the reason I took this pretty seriously. Yes obviously the video is a joke but I had taken the day off from my job to participate in the contest. Without getting into too much detail, I don't have a lot of leeway to miss a day of work so I tried to do my best and it somehow worked out in the end. Respect to Joa for paying all the skaters as well.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #3994 on: March 21, 2024, 07:47:22 AM »
 :-\
Expand Quote
[close]

I can totally see that. I did like his "I don't even know why I'm here, I'm not a youtuber" and the shade throw at his (former?) board sponsor for the deck breaking.

He did come across as taking a parody contest too seriously, but hey, i guess the money was real

Jeffwonsong played a good straight man.

“ When a comedy partner behaves eccentrically, the straight man is expected to maintain composure. The straight man is a foil, a contrasting character to the funny man.”

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3995 on: March 21, 2024, 07:51:20 AM »
I was stoked Joa had invited me out for this contest. Bryan, Ricky, and Joa all make a living from youtube, I do not. Which is why I said I was confused as to why I was invited. That's also the reason I took this pretty seriously. Yes obviously the video is a joke but I had taken the day off from my job to participate in the contest. Without getting into too much detail, I don't have a lot of leeway to miss a day of work so I tried to do my best and it somehow worked out in the end. Respect to Joa for paying all the skaters as well.
Sorry if I'm late to the party on this, @pine are saying that you are in-fact Jeff?

Pine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3996 on: March 21, 2024, 08:03:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sorry if I'm late to the party on this, @pine are saying that you are in-fact Jeff?

Yes I am. Haha

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3997 on: March 21, 2024, 08:06:07 AM »
The contest needed someone who took it seriously to round out the vibes so I'm glad you did. I think the judges scored your line low the first time to see if they could get even crazier tricks on your second run but when you missed a few, the whole thing kinda went lopsided when the others had better runs than their first. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.

ejazzle

• Rep: 82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3998 on: March 21, 2024, 08:14:14 AM »
Im honestly surprised everyone went as hard as they did. Congrats on the dub Pine

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #3999 on: March 21, 2024, 08:17:56 AM »

This was so damn entertaining. Chandler is such a hunk, that Gap BS Flip + sw drop was crazy.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
  • ow
« Reply #4000 on: March 21, 2024, 08:24:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yes I am. Haha
Sick haha. Props on the G-Unit shirt and getting the bag

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 112
« Reply #4001 on: March 21, 2024, 08:33:55 AM »
was way more fun then any sls, wasnt expecting it to be that tight for a silly for-fun contest with little prep. props to the three participants for not completely phoning it in

Pine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4002 on: March 21, 2024, 08:36:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yes I am. Haha
[close]

Thank you! and thank you to everyone else for the kind words. I honestly had a fun time regardless of winning or not. Joa is quite the personality and a great host. Perfect person to put something on like this. Bryan and Ricky killed it all day as well. I hope this series continues.

Crust

• Rep: 45
« Reply #4003 on: March 21, 2024, 08:44:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yes I am. Haha
[close]
[close]

Thank you! and thank you to everyone else for the kind words. I honestly had a fun time regardless of winning or not. Joa is quite the personality and a great host. Perfect person to put something on like this. Bryan and Ricky killed it all day as well. I hope this series continues.

Seeing as it's titled Stop 1, hopefully they have many more planned. Was a really entertaning watch. Loved when they got the judges and contestants to switch roles at the end.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4004 on: March 21, 2024, 08:54:22 AM »
While I enjoy the shit talking, I think videos like these are where GH shines. This and the park reviews really shows off his skills for interacting with personalities in real life. Who else can united There and Glue pros with Braille riders and Youtubers?

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
« Reply #4005 on: March 21, 2024, 09:04:33 AM »
Has GH been lifting? The twink is becoming a twunk.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4006 on: March 21, 2024, 11:24:25 AM »
Has GH been lifting? The twink is becoming a twunk.
he talks about it in the World Genius videos that he’s been going to the gym

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #4007 on: March 21, 2024, 01:15:55 PM »
While I enjoy the shit talking, I think videos like these are where GH shines. This and the park reviews really shows off his skills for interacting with personalities in real life. Who else can united There and Glue pros with Braille riders and Youtubers?

It's cool to see. I thought he was just kind of a one-trick pony with his shit talking but he's grown a lot that he can be entertaining in general without having to go back to the well. I hope he doesn't give up the shit talking as he gets more famous, but it's good that he doesn't have to rely on it so heavily.

Also, it kind of seems that he's been kind of keeping his hating relegated to his Twitch channel which is a lot harder to come across if you're the subject matter he's hating on.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 01:52:50 PM by Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace »
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

anthonym

• Rep: -21
« Reply #4008 on: March 21, 2024, 04:27:24 PM »
Glad to see Jeff come off with the win, as I thought the judges were being dicks in regards to how they were scoring his runs vs Bryan & Ricky.
R.I.P. Boardertown - Oakland, CA

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #4009 on: March 21, 2024, 04:35:18 PM »
Imagine being born looking like Donovan.  God was just like “yeah buddy don’t worry, I’m going to sculpt you so that you realistically will never have to work a day in your life.”

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #4010 on: March 21, 2024, 05:07:35 PM »
Loved the drama of the terrible underscore you copped in the first run, but were you a bit pissed?  Joa seemed pretty confused, but it made for good watching. 

Pine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4011 on: March 21, 2024, 07:32:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Loved the drama of the terrible underscore you copped in the first run, but were you a bit pissed?  Joa seemed pretty confused, but it made for good watching.
It was very frustrating but there was nothing I could do about it except try to skate better than before. Ironically they scored my second run higher which was worse but I think they felt bad about the first run score.

lurkluke

• Rep: 194
« Reply #4012 on: March 22, 2024, 02:22:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
It was very frustrating but there was nothing I could do about it except try to skate better than before. Ironically they scored my second run higher which was worse but I think they felt bad about the first run score.

Let's talk about the real issues here:

Was the g unit tshirt a conscious choice? Or are you just rockin that on the daily ?

Pine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4013 on: March 22, 2024, 04:14:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Was the g unit tshirt a conscious choice? Or are you just rockin that on the daily ?

Truthfully whatever I pick out to wear for the day is usually just the next shirt I have lined up in my closet. It just so happened to be that shirt the day of the contest.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #4014 on: March 22, 2024, 05:41:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Truthfully whatever I pick out to wear for the day is usually just the next shirt I have lined up in my closet. It just so happened to be that shirt the day of the contest.

how many of those shirts do you own?  not mad at all but just curious cause your clips come up in my feed and I swear youre a g unit soldier in every clip

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 95
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #4015 on: March 22, 2024, 07:15:02 AM »
I had a pair of Reebok x G-Unit trainers when I was a kid, I thought I was so sick lol.

That backside flip over the gap was heavy. I'm excited to see what's to come from GH, he's proving to have a lot of variety in his content without compromising on quality.

Wienerboy

• Rep: -103
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #4016 on: March 22, 2024, 07:28:51 AM »
Imagine being born looking like Donovan.  God was just like “yeah buddy don’t worry, I’m going to sculpt you so that you realistically will never have to work a day in your life.”

To me the funniest part was when Joa made fun of Donovan for skating the stairs with a joint in his fingers to look cool, and then Donovan skated away and said "as long as I'm having fun" and then did a little model pose for the camera. Any eye-rolling I was doing about him trying to look cool, immediately went away because that move was so funny and actually awesome.

Then what made it even more hilarious, his very next try he landed with the joint still in his fingers and his board's tail exploded under him.

Was pure, Grade - A entertainment.
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
« Reply #4017 on: March 22, 2024, 07:31:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yes I am. Haha

Congrats on the dub, buddy

Pine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4018 on: March 22, 2024, 07:35:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

how many of those shirts do you own?  not mad at all but just curious cause your clips come up in my feed and I swear youre a g unit soldier in every clip

Just two at the moment. Guess those shirts bring good luck for the clips haha

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #4019 on: March 22, 2024, 08:23:08 AM »

I will say, what was it... "I'm not arguing I'm just really confused?" made me laugh.