Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 420442 times)

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #4110 on: April 08, 2024, 09:33:08 AM »
I forgot to post this when it was more relevant but Yuto walking off the SLS Apex course with another win while Billie Ellish's What Was I Made For? played over it was brilliant and weirdly moving.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Chimppimpin

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4111 on: April 08, 2024, 09:50:50 AM »
funny ass vid, hate the way he says mcdonald’s though

Bandee

« Reply #4112 on: April 08, 2024, 10:01:07 AM »
i lost it when the camera zoomed out to show the dude sitting beside paul going "that's never an easy process", who the fuck even is that guy lmao

PalaceButtPlug

• Rep: -356
« Reply #4113 on: April 08, 2024, 02:08:46 PM »
damn picture prod just pacing around his house punching random empty shoe boxes today

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #4114 on: April 08, 2024, 02:47:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Now that was some gifted hating. Need more!

Micheal Taylor's body language is so cringe. And his sidekick is the icing on the cake.

Prod's dad migrated from a farm in Sinaloa to Compton, joined the army to get his papers and was a C-tier comedian at best. His biggest role was a minor character on Cheech Marin's "Born in East LA" movie. So it is incorrect to say Prod comes from money. However, Prod is surely acting like a rich prick these days.
[close]

His dad owns multiple businesses (partial owner of The Laugh Factory) and has been in a ton of movies and was doing so before P Rod was born.  He's a rich kid no question.  His fathers hardships were well over in P Rods life.

If that isn't bad enough his dad votes and donates to the Republican party.

This made me a fan of Gifted Hater.

Always the way

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -234
« Reply #4115 on: April 08, 2024, 11:34:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Comrade Joa Marx doing praxis calling out these capitalist pigs Mikey Taylor and Paul Rodriguez
[close]

yeah? how much is he collecting off patreon again? this dude is in the same class as P Rod and Mikey Taylor and you're a moron of if you don't see that lol
[close]

Getting money from other consenting adults who choose to give him money isn't capitalism.

amazing

AllisonChalmers

• Rep: -41
« Reply #4116 on: April 09, 2024, 12:14:28 AM »
There was not a word of that rant that was not absolute truth, long live the gifted awakening. He's doing important work.

AllisonChalmers

« Reply #4117 on: April 09, 2024, 12:17:38 AM »
Mikey Taylor's horse face has so ungracefully aged into a whole ass potato head.

It's hard to look at tbh.

AllisonChalmers

« Reply #4118 on: April 09, 2024, 12:18:50 AM »
Also the thumbnail got me good

HeapsCool

• Rep: -174
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4119 on: April 09, 2024, 07:39:37 AM »
“Trimming the fat”

Fuck Mikey Taylor. If only the guys who started at archer had have told him to fuck off none of this would have ever happened.

SlyAssHaoleFaka

• Rep: -3
« Reply #4120 on: April 09, 2024, 08:22:44 AM »
Mikey Taylor's horse face has so ungracefully aged into a whole ass potato head.

It's hard to look at tbh.

for fuck sake i just threw up my coffee laughing

Kaezan

• Rep: -4
« Reply #4121 on: April 09, 2024, 08:25:38 AM »
All these guys care about is making as much money as possible for themselves.

If they would just admit it, it'd be a lot better than this BS they keep spewing. P-Rod keeps trying to push this stuff that he cares about his employees and his skaters, but I think most people know what he's all about. Great skater, but he would 100% sell Primitive to some corporate company if they offered him even 10% more than what he projects he will make.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 142
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #4122 on: April 09, 2024, 08:35:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Mikey Taylor is fucking insufferable to listen to.  It’s a shame his part can’t be erased from Mindfield
[close]

He's like the Mike Love of AWS.

His part is the Student Demonstration Time of the otherwise perfect Surf's Up

Not a huge Beach Boys fan (Love You is a wonderful oddity as a synth head), but this was an excellent analogy. Mike Love is the worst. Would gnar, etc.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #4123 on: April 09, 2024, 08:40:42 AM »
“Trimming the fat”

Fuck Mikey Taylor. If only the guys who started at archer had have told him to fuck off none of this would have ever happened.

Don't know who's idea it was originally but Prod told a story that he came up with it and told people at the berrics also Beibel was part of it and mikey taylor (annoyingly) wanted in...I would say that deal was able to get those skaters F.U. money to expand into all that other BS we see them get into...real estate, body building...movies and influencer lifestyles

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #4124 on: April 09, 2024, 04:44:25 PM »
Expand Quote
“Trimming the fat”

[close]

Don't know who's idea it was originally but Prod told a story that he came up with it and told people at the berrics also Beibel was part of it and mikey taylor (annoyingly) wanted in...I would say that deal was able to get those skaters F.U. money to expand into all that other BS we see them get into...real estate, body building...movies and influencer lifestyles
Desert living, rebuilding old trucks
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 631
« Reply #4125 on: April 09, 2024, 05:24:37 PM »
How my brain visually processed Mikey’s podcast while attempting to watch it. Joa wasn’t horsing around this episode and was spot on with his critiques of these clueless ding dongs. I love how fired up he was.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 06:30:41 PM by Highonangeldust »

Dad Board

• Rep: 89
« Reply #4126 on: April 09, 2024, 05:43:19 PM »
How my brain visually processed Mikey’s podcast while attempting to watch it. Joa wasn’t horsing around this episode and was spot on with his critiques of these clueless ding dongs. I love how fired up he was.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 177
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #4127 on: April 09, 2024, 09:49:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

And let me at least get a fucking “haha” on this before the thread dies, got damn I need validation
[close]

“Please clap”
[close]

Someone posted this in his stream today. He had a laugh

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4128 on: April 09, 2024, 10:59:10 PM »
I'm not a huge fan, but I'm always stoked when some calls out P Rod and Mikey and Dyrdek and the rest of the kooks.

Although, GH did miss the low hanging fruit of these two dunces talking about how great lay-offs are then them saying they make kooky ass decisions because they have employees who need to eat.

Employees are a liability, unless they are needed as an excuse to rationalize away selling out. "I didn't do it for me, I did it for the employees that I just joked about laying off."

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4129 on: April 10, 2024, 12:08:58 AM »
There was not a word of that rant that was not absolute truth, long live the gifted awakening. He's doing important work.

x2

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 95
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #4130 on: April 10, 2024, 12:45:15 AM »
Prod looks like a real country club motherfucker nowadays

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #4131 on: April 10, 2024, 12:55:00 AM »
They deserved every minute of this

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 48
« Reply #4132 on: April 10, 2024, 06:42:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Mikey Taylor is fucking insufferable to listen to.  It’s a shame his part can’t be erased from Mindfield
[close]

[close]

Not a huge Beach Boys fan (Love You is a wonderful oddity as a synth head), but this was an excellent analogy. Mike Love is the worst. Would gnar, etc.

You're missing out man. And even though Mike's a kooky dick, you gotta give credit where it's due, he wrote a lot of good songs early on and some flash in the pan bangers later. He was about 40 years ahead with this one

Just like mikey, i like some of his skating, can't be denied, but it's the other part that makes him what he is; unevolved centaur

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 799
« Reply #4133 on: April 10, 2024, 07:48:51 AM »

CrappybsflipDownthe5stair

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4134 on: April 10, 2024, 08:06:42 AM »
He has a new collab vid up, it's quite chill

https://youtu.be/xBEf5bQVagM?si=nQK5gBr6wSXHsGz1

BootsWithTheFerg

• Rep: -45
« Reply #4135 on: April 11, 2024, 06:28:06 AM »
I get at the end of the day skateboarding goods are a business.

But it's crazy 2 me people will listen to Mike Taylor say the quit parts out loud with a smile on his face and be like "but gifted has a patreon thats successful" get real. That trim that fat comment gross as fuck. I guess it's kinda fitting for a dude whose money came after skateboarding. Again I get its a fucking business but Jesus christ imagine wondering why anything you touch gets no respect in the skateboard world. Be it your actual skateboarding career or whatever brand or coin or fucking leech as pump dump scam your peddling next. It's crazy 2 me people at the end of the day will rationalize all that just cus the dude pointing out makes a decent bit of money from patreon.

Mikey taylor a fucking loser. Prod also but he's practically a child star turned rich guy. You'd expect him to be stupid but hearing him pretend to he's not in over his head is very funny. He's just fucking ambitiously dumb. I wonder how many of these primitive collabs have just been him getting ripped off never even coming to fruition. Prod just seems like he's awkwardly finding a life after skateboarding it dosent even feel like he believes half the shit he's talking about. The way he talks feels like he also may have squandered alot of his succes$ thru primitive so hes just grasping at straws.

You gotta grow up someday and capitalism is ugly obviously. But mikey taylor deserves all the hate. Prod too honestly. Its funny hearing him talk about sales not doing well like they werent selling boards at 80 dollars years before covid or inflation or wood prices bullshit all to cover whatever money they were paying fucking DBZ to license their characters and fonts and shit fuck.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #4136 on: April 11, 2024, 06:48:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't know if this is a true story and frankly don't care if it is, but the Mike Love nacho story kills me every time I encounter it.

TonyBaloney

• Rep: 2
« Reply #4137 on: April 11, 2024, 07:06:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't know if this is a true story and frankly don't care if it is, but the Mike Love nacho story kills me every time I encounter it.

This is fucking hilarious.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 142
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #4138 on: April 11, 2024, 10:15:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Amazing. Just amazing. Thanks for sharing.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

lurkluke

• Rep: 194
« Reply #4139 on: April 11, 2024, 02:43:23 PM »
I get at the end of the day skateboarding goods are a business.

But it's crazy 2 me people will listen to Mike Taylor say the quit parts out loud with a smile on his face and be like "but gifted has a patreon thats successful" get real. That trim that fat comment gross as fuck. I guess it's kinda fitting for a dude whose money came after skateboarding. Again I get its a fucking business but Jesus christ imagine wondering why anything you touch gets no respect in the skateboard world. Be it your actual skateboarding career or whatever brand or coin or fucking leech as pump dump scam your peddling next. It's crazy 2 me people at the end of the day will rationalize all that just cus the dude pointing out makes a decent bit of money from patreon.

Mikey taylor a fucking loser. Prod also but he's practically a child star turned rich guy. You'd expect him to be stupid but hearing him pretend to he's not in over his head is very funny. He's just fucking ambitiously dumb. I wonder how many of these primitive collabs have just been him getting ripped off never even coming to fruition. Prod just seems like he's awkwardly finding a life after skateboarding it dosent even feel like he believes half the shit he's talking about. The way he talks feels like he also may have squandered alot of his succes$ thru primitive so hes just grasping at straws.

You gotta grow up someday and capitalism is ugly obviously. But mikey taylor deserves all the hate. Prod too honestly. Its funny hearing him talk about sales not doing well like they werent selling boards at 80 dollars years before covid or inflation or wood prices bullshit all to cover whatever money they were paying fucking DBZ to license their characters and fonts and shit fuck.

It would be concerning, if I was a Primitive rider, to hear my boss say he doesn't know if the brand is working out and maybe it's just best if he sells his own boards himself.

And then say he doesn't have any input into the brand and hates some of the things they put out.

Cheers for the support boss.