Author Topic: Organizing your Ipod music  (Read 460 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Organizing your Ipod music
« on: April 23, 2007, 09:36:59 AM »
I have been using itunes all this time to load music on my Ipod and play the music when I am at work eventhough it gets on my nerves with all the one way sync bullshit (can't stop riding RIAA nuts). Anyway, is anyone using windows media player or anything else for managing their Ipods? If you got a system that works good for you for managing your ipod post it up.

I am currenlty a slave to my Ipod metadata (ratings) as I use scripted playlist to fill my shuffle but I imagine their a scripts for coverting the ratings from one DB to another (itunes to WM, etc...)

crailtapper

Re: Organizing your Ipod music
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 09:46:57 AM »
somebody told me that mediamonkey was good, but i haven't used it myself. http://www.mediamonkey.com/

edit: i actually just read that you can convert playlists to .m3u, so that should help a little.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 09:48:54 AM by cardboardcutout »

k-nutz

• Rep: 51
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 02:47:48 PM »
i have all of my music on an external harddrive, and itunes loses its file paths if i plug another one in there.  it sucks losing all of my play counts every six months or so.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 05:21:35 AM »
i have all of my music on an external harddrive, and itunes loses its file paths if i plug another one in there.  it sucks losing all of my play counts every six months or so.

I think restarting itunes with the files back where it's expecting might fix that